PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Recognition Still An Issue All Over

Cap'n Cat
August 29th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Walked in early to a cost meeting at the plant last week, proudly wearing my Youngstown State hat. Coworker next to me says, "Youngstown State? Is that really a school?". After I picked him up off the floor, he further exhibited his ignorance by following up with, "Are they Division III?" Cap'n Cat, now indignant, said, "Hey, they have four I-AA national championships!", to which a NDSU grad across the table mewled, "Wow. Four more and they'll have as many as the Bison."

I left the meeting and slashed all their *****in' tires.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:( :( :( :( :(

:) :) :) :)

Hansel
August 29th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Hey, we have as many IAA titles as UNI, McNeese and App combined ;)

Cap'n Cat
August 29th, 2005, 04:01 PM
hee hee, leave it to a provisional to keep on trumping their non-D-I successes. :D

He was my boss, so I couldn't lay him out!!!!! And he played on one of those eight DII NC teams.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D :D

Hansel
August 29th, 2005, 04:07 PM
He was my boss, so I couldn't lay him out!!!!! And he played on one of those eight DII NC teams.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D :D
5 DII titles, 3 "College Division" Titles, which most of the current IAA came from

rokamortis
August 29th, 2005, 07:50 PM
D-II is a cute little division ...

Sadly - this is what we get upset with the I-A fans and reporters for saying towards I-AA.

rokamortis
August 29th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Yes - I-AA is D-I but a sub-classification. I-AA is not I-A. We get upset that the I-A fans put down I-AA, why should we put down D-II? I-AA is one step below I-A, D-II is one step below I-AA.

rokamortis
August 29th, 2005, 08:05 PM
No, D-II is a long ways from D-I, which is what I said, you brought I-AA into it.

And many would say I-AA is a long way from I-A.

I'm not trying to nitpick, seriously, but I find it difficult not to point out the irony when someone that is fighting so hard to be 'equal' with a higher classification puts down a 'lower' classification. Doesn't D-II deserve the same respect from us that we demand from the I-AA crowd?

bobcatfan06
August 30th, 2005, 01:54 AM
As much as I hate to do this...I agree with rokamortis. Sure they are D-II but they still play good football down there. If we want respect from I-A then we should respect D-II and D-III also. IMHO

FlyBoy8
August 30th, 2005, 02:35 AM
As much as I hate to do this...I agree with rokamortis. Sure they are D-II but they still play good football down there. If we want respect from I-A then we should respect D-II and D-III also. IMHO

I'm with you two. Football is football, and it's also hypocritical to expect respect from I-A while giving D-II the cold shoulder.

rokamortis
August 30th, 2005, 05:31 AM
I am talking about the restrictions that come with D-I and D-II, he is talking about football. Do you folks know the difference between divisions and how that affects football and all other sports? :bang: :bang:

Not trying to argue with you - but in the context of this forum and the posts that lead to your original response - it is all football related.

rokamortis
August 30th, 2005, 05:32 AM
As much as I hate to do this...I agree with rokamortis.

uh oh.

bkrownd
August 30th, 2005, 09:53 AM
:rolleyes:

bison95
August 30th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Good luck on winning your first D-I title someday! :nod:

No luck needed. We all start somewhere. NDSU could be well on their way if they had not gotten their feet stuck in the mud 15 years ago.

I believe UNI Came from the same conference as NDSU, aint that right Cappy? Does that make them less of a I-AA team? I don't think so.

bison95
August 30th, 2005, 10:37 AM

ME TOO. Football is football. Enjoy your teams, players and schools. I have more teams I follow in DIII, DII, and IAA than IA. It is all good football, and the experience is what it is all about. If your coworkers don't get the fact that YSU, or UNI have great football, than ****em. Who cares, you and the rest of us here all know the truth.

GoGuins
August 30th, 2005, 11:58 AM
If your coworkers don't get the fact that YSU, or UNI have great football

We have great football? According to Cap'n we're in the shi##er and will be for a long time :)