PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-23

JALMOND
October 21st, 2021, 12:25 AM
Another 5-1 week, still short of perfection but the third straight week I've hit 5-1 so I'll take it. 47-14 for the year so far. But it would be great to get that perfect week. Games are getting tougher and the matchups are more difficult but a perfect week is still possible. That said, here are my predictions for this week. Some good ones this week. Everyone plays except for Portland State.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals continue playing Dr. Jeckyl at home and Mr. Hyde on the road and they are back on the road for this one. No Jeckyl and Hyde for the Bobcats this year as they have been consistently good this year so far. Maybe the game would be close at Pocatello but here...MSU 35, ISU 10.

UM at UI---After their big game against EWU where the Grizzlies lost their quarterback, they have looked lost at home, now head back out on the road. The Vandals are coming off a big hurting loss to EWU, who has been steamrolling everyone. Both teams need this, who wants it more...UI 31, UM 21.

NAU at SAC---The Lumberjacks started the year with a wakeup loss and have kept their focus since then, but this game will be a strong test. The Hornets got a big win, one of the biggest in their DI history. Will they still be celebrating the great win this week...SAC 28, NAU 25.

UNC at SUU---The Bears have been surprising people with their good play so far. While it hasn't translated into much wins, they are making progress. The Thunderbirds have been struggling in their final conference season, but they do get this game, probably the easiest one, at home...SUU 35, UNC 27.

UCD at CP---The last time the Aggies played a gimme game on the road, they lost, then took it out on a weaker opponent at home the next week. This one could be tougher than it looks as the Mustangs had an extra week to get ready for this, to damage the Aggies season some more...UCD 24, CP 7.

WSU at EWU---So who's the next unsuspecting prey on the Eagles' schedule? How about the Wildcats, who's once promising season is probably one loss away from being over. The question is not really if the Wildcats have a chance, it is how bad will the flying Eagles beat them...EWU 35, WSU 24.

mvemjsunpx
October 21st, 2021, 12:45 AM
Weber 24-41 EWU — Weber needs to win this to stay alive… they're not going to

Davis 31-10 Cal Poly — The Aggies are in the second of three consecutive bye weeks

NAU 20-37 Sac State — Anything less than a 7-1 conference record would be a disappointment for the Hornets

Montana 27-20 Idaho — The Griz are reeling, the Vandals are pathetic

NoCo 21-28 Suutah — No offense meets no defense

Idaho St. 10-41 Montana St. — In their three road games, the Bengals have lost turnovers 10-1

bonarae
October 21st, 2021, 01:45 AM
Montana State
Griz
Sac State
SUU
UC Davis
EWU

wapiti
October 21st, 2021, 10:06 AM
ISU 10 at MSU 38---MSU has been dominate against weak opponents home. ISU has struggled on the road.

UM 17 at UI 28---UM struggled against Dixie and lost to Sac in Missoula. Now on the road against a team whose quality is between those two. Idaho would love to play a spoiler role in this game. I normally do not pick against the Griz, but their play has not been very good their past 2 games.

NAU 20 at SAC 23---Both teams fighting for a playoff bid. This has the making of being a pretty good game. A 50/50 game, so I pick home field advantage to take the win.

UNC 14 at SUU 17---Pillow fight game of the weak. This is the best chance for each team to earn another win on the season. Playing for fun and satisfaction and prepare for next year. Home field wins.

UCD 24 at CP 17---UCD only needs 2 more wins for an 8 win season with 4 games left. This may be the easiest opponent of the 4. Davis will want the win more. CP is playing a spoiler role and is at home.

WSU 17 at EWU 32--- BBQ is probably the best FCS team in the nation with a 2-4 record. EWU needs to be careful to not look past Weber and their defense. The BBQ will slow down EWU some, but not enough. Plus BBQ needs to hold on to the ball better.

MSUBobcat
October 21st, 2021, 11:13 AM
Davis 31-10 Cal Poly — The Aggies are in the second of three consecutive bye weeks xlolx Well that's not very nice! True, tho.

UNC 14 at SUU 17---Pillow fight game of the weak. I was going to call this the Big Sky Pillow Fight of theYear, but I dig your play on words, whether intentional or unintentional xlolx

ISU-o 6 @ MSU 38 - Another home game against a cupcake before a bye week to prepare for the biggest challenge of the year. It is MSUBobcat's birthday, and while I'm not a big fan of sweets, I suppose a figurative cupcake is acceptable.

BBQ 17 @ EWU 35 - The Grills promising season flames out.

UM 24 @ Idaho 20 - I know Kibbie can be a tough place and the Griz are in freefall, but something tells me they do enough to keep their waning playoff dreams alive. And I selfishly want MSU to have a crack at a quality win as BBQ fades from relevance this year and I don't expect to beat EWU on their own field.

UCD 31 @ Poly 10 - Not much explanation needed here.

NoCo 20pt, 1 broken clipboard, 1 water bottle hurled into the stands @ SUU 21 - In the "Who Gives a $h!t Bowl", SUU finds a way to garner a single conference win on its way out the door. Nice work, Bears. xrolleyesx

NAU 27 @ Sac St. 34 - Big Sky GOTW. Frosh RJ Martinez appears to be settling in and looks to have a promising career ahead of him at NAU, but Sac has shown they are a contender in the Big Sky this year. If they secure a win here, 8-0 in conference is not out of the question and the MSU-EWU game in 2 weeks could decide the co-champs. Sac St. plays neither, so not sure how the tie-breaker works and... don't feel like looking it up this early. Lots of potential hiccups and wtf's possible between now and then.

putter
October 21st, 2021, 02:45 PM
MSU
EWU
UM
UCD
SAC
SUU

kalm
October 21st, 2021, 04:48 PM
Idaho never got off the bus last week. They looked like they may have quit on Petrino. Griz win this one going away.

JALMOND
October 21st, 2021, 05:53 PM
Idaho never got off the bus last week. They looked like they may have quit on Petrino. Griz win this one going away.

The week before, they looked like they would run through a brick wall for Petrino.

wapiti
October 21st, 2021, 06:31 PM
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by wapitihttps://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=3004732#post3004732)UNC 14 at SUU 17---Pillow fight game of the weak. I was going to call this the Big Sky Pillow Fight of theYear, but I dig your play on words, whether intentional or unintentional xlolx

I first did it as a typo, but then I left it in on purpose.

mvemjsunpx
October 21st, 2021, 08:40 PM
The week before, they looked like they would run through a brick wall for Petrino.

I can't imagine anyone running through a brick wall for… any Petrino, really.

The bigger question is whether the defense has quit on Breske yet.

JALMOND
October 22nd, 2021, 12:47 AM
I can't imagine anyone running through a brick wall for… any Petrino, really.

Back in the day, Bob Sr. could have run for mayor of Helena and won in a landslide. xlolx

mvemjsunpx
October 22nd, 2021, 01:12 AM
Back in the day, Bob Sr. could have run for mayor of Helena and won in a landslide. xlolx

Now he's gone and all that's left is his familial, er, legacy. xdontknowx

Iridebikes
October 22nd, 2021, 08:16 AM
Montana St. beats Idaho St., as they should, at home.
Montana will beat Idaho-Montana may have some injuries but they are still better then the Vandals
Sac State wins over NAU in Flagstaff
SUU will beat Norther Colo in Cedar CIty. Its a home game for SUU and someone has to win.
Cal Davis beats Cal Poly
EWU will beat Weber, 3TD differential

100%GRIZ
October 22nd, 2021, 08:53 AM
Either his players loved him or after playing for him had little respect. My brother in-law credits him for changing his life and getting him a college scholarship @ Western. I played for him in one game but had a friend who played for him 4 years a college and had little respect for him after those 4 years.

JALMOND
October 22nd, 2021, 09:12 AM
Either his players loved him or after playing for him had little respect. My brother in-law credits him for changing his life and getting him a college scholarship @ Western. I played for him in one game but had a friend who played for him 4 years a college and had little respect for him after those 4 years.

I hear ya. I've got HS friends who just adore him and thought he could do no wrong. Then there's the rest of us who he would beat our ass regularly and be a complete jerk about it. And, being that "Paulie" was the quarterback back then, I really have no love for him either. But times change (I hope).

nevadagriz
October 22nd, 2021, 11:49 AM
Montana 6-3 over Idaho last second field goal
Msu 54-6 over isu Bobcat defense has a let down and allows ISU to score!
Ewu 63-10 over Wsu I think Eagles offense has a let done and doesn't get to 70

MSUBobcat
October 22nd, 2021, 01:48 PM
Montana 6-3 over Idaho last second field goal
Msu 54-6 over isu Bobcat defense has a let down and allows ISU to score!
Ewu 63-10 over Wsu I think Eagles offense has a let done and doesn't get to 70

Really tackling the tough games! xlolx

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
October 22nd, 2021, 01:57 PM
NAU is going to upset Sac St. this weekend.

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
October 22nd, 2021, 02:34 PM

Actually, let me further elaborate what is going to happen with NAU the rest of the season. The will beat Sac st. and Idaho. They will lose to UC Davis and end their chance at the playoffs. Then they will upset Montana and take them out of the playoffs too. Then they'll probably finish out the season by taking a stupid loss to Cal Poly. That's a classic NAU football season for you.

nevadagriz
October 22nd, 2021, 03:10 PM
Really tackling the tough games! xlolx

Somebody has to

Iridebikes
October 22nd, 2021, 04:41 PM
Actually, let me further elaborate what is going to happen with NAU the rest of the season. The will beat Sac st. and Idaho. They will lose to UC Davis and end their chance at the playoffs. Then they will upset Montana and take them out of the playoffs too. Then they'll probably finish out the season by taking a stupid loss to Cal Poly. That's a classic NAU football season for you.

Honest assessment on your team. Can't say that I disagree with you. NAU never seems to be as good as hyped.

JALMOND
October 24th, 2021, 12:04 AM
Another 5-1 week, still short of perfection but the third straight week I've hit 5-1 so I'll take it. 47-14 for the year so far. But it would be great to get that perfect week. Games are getting tougher and the matchups are more difficult but a perfect week is still possible. That said, here are my predictions for this week. Some good ones this week. Everyone plays except for Portland State.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals continue playing Dr. Jeckyl at home and Mr. Hyde on the road and they are back on the road for this one. No Jeckyl and Hyde for the Bobcats this year as they have been consistently good this year so far. Maybe the game would be close at Pocatello but here...MSU 35, ISU 10.

UM at UI---After their big game against EWU where the Grizzlies lost their quarterback, they have looked lost at home, now head back out on the road. The Vandals are coming off a big hurting loss to EWU, who has been steamrolling everyone. Both teams need this, who wants it more...UI 31, UM 21.

NAU at SAC---The Lumberjacks started the year with a wakeup loss and have kept their focus since then, but this game will be a strong test. The Hornets got a big win, one of the biggest in their DI history. Will they still be celebrating the great win this week...SAC 28, NAU 25.

UNC at SUU---The Bears have been surprising people with their good play so far. While it hasn't translated into much wins, they are making progress. The Thunderbirds have been struggling in their final conference season, but they do get this game, probably the easiest one, at home...SUU 35, UNC 27.

UCD at CP---The last time the Aggies played a gimme game on the road, they lost, then took it out on a weaker opponent at home the next week. This one could be tougher than it looks as the Mustangs had an extra week to get ready for this, to damage the Aggies season some more...UCD 24, CP 7.

WSU at EWU---So who's the next unsuspecting prey on the Eagles' schedule? How about the Wildcats, who's once promising season is probably one loss away from being over. The question is not really if the Wildcats have a chance, it is how bad will the flying Eagles beat them...EWU 35, WSU 24.

3-3 this week, ouch. But, still 50-17 overall.

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
October 24th, 2021, 09:35 PM
Welp…. This pick didn’t age well. Lol. NAU went into that game banged up and looking like deer in the headlights. Still, I’m excited to see our freshman grow into next year.

uofmman1122
October 25th, 2021, 04:06 AM
Welp…. This pick didn’t age well. Lol. NAU went into that game banged up and looking like deer in the headlights. Still, I’m excited to see our freshman grow into next year.
Don't worry, still a good bet to play out of your asses in three weeks and ruin our season. lol