PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 8, Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
October 18th, 2021, 02:10 PM
Quite a slate of interesting games, many for varying reasons. No top 10 matchups, but battle of the Ivy unbeatens, top CAA teams square off, top SoCon teams square off, intriguing Big Sky and MVFC matchups, and even top AQ7 teams. Enjoy this week’s slate of games.

Jacksonville State @ #1 Sam Houston State - The intrigue factor.

#14 Missouri State @ #2 North Dakota State - Barometer for the Bears.

#28 Weber State @ #3 Eastern Washington - Wildcats need every remaining game for 7 DI wins.

#21 Northern Iowa @ #5 South Dakota State - Jackrabbits try to stay the course.

#20 Rhode Island @ #6 Villanova - Wildcats have a target now.

#8 James Madison @ #31 Delaware - How much fight is left in the Fightin’ Blue Hens?

#15 East Tennessee State @ #35 Furman - Complicating the SoCon, one game at a time.

#23 Harvard @ #18 Princeton - Battle for who stays in the Top 25 poll.

#29 Chattanooga @ Samford - Did I already say complicating the SoCon, one game at a time?

Daytripper
October 18th, 2021, 04:00 PM
I'm going with the Ivy game....just because it's different and it will likely determine the Ivy League champ. Too bad those elitist brains don't understand the value of the playoffs.

I'll also say I think Missouri State has a better than legit shot at taking down the Bison.

dewey
October 18th, 2021, 04:04 PM
I went with the Missouri State at NDSU as being the highest rankings between the two teams.

Dewey

MSUBobcat
October 18th, 2021, 04:19 PM
Went with Mo State @ NDSU. A game to clear up the logjam atop the MVFC? Or muddy it more?

JacksFan40
October 18th, 2021, 04:29 PM
I'm going with the Ivy game....just because it's different and it will likely determine the Ivy League champ. Too bad those elitist brains don't understand the value of the playoffs.

I'll also say I think Missouri State has a better than legit shot at taking down the Bison.
To be GOTW in my opinion it needs to have playoff implications. The Ivy games have zero playoff implications obviously and therefore do not really matter. Mo State @ NDSU has huge playoff implications for both teams, and for the FCS as a whole.

Preferred Walk-On
October 18th, 2021, 04:51 PM

I'll also say I think Jacksonville State has a better than legit shot at taking down the Bearkats.

FIFY. :D

Daytripper
October 18th, 2021, 05:02 PM
FIFY. :D

Not wrong. Depends on which JSU team shows up. They are quite the bipolar mess.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2021, 05:36 PM
To be GOTW in my opinion it needs to have playoff implications. The Ivy games have zero playoff implications obviously and therefore do not really matter. Mo State @ NDSU has huge playoff implications for both teams, and for the FCS as a whole.
Agreed. Princeton/Harvard is an interesting game for sure but not even on the radar for me for GOTW for the reason you mentioned.

Chalupa Batman
October 18th, 2021, 06:31 PM

Agree with all of this.