PDA

View Full Version : Southland Conference Week #8 Pick 'em (with poll)

McCowboys
October 18th, 2021, 09:16 AM
Southland Conference Week #8 Pick 'em

No awards or prizes. Keep track of your own record during the season. When all is said and done, we will recognize the winner or winners.

All six SLC teams are in action this week. There is a poll (scroll up) to make choosing your winners easier. Home teams are on the bottom.

Incarnate Word and Southeastern Louisiana continue to be the teams to beat in the SLC. UIW pinned a second straight conference loss on Nicholls in a come-from-behind win, while SLU had little trouble in trouncing Houston Baptist. McNeese picked up its second victory of the season and its first conference win against rival Northwestern State (Beat the Hell out of the Demons!) in beautiful Natchitoches.

This week again has all six conference teams in action, and with the scheduling being what it is, two games will be repeats. UIW will travel to Lake Charles to play McNeese again, and Nicholls and HBU will play in Houston in a repeat performance. SLU will visit the Demons in the first match between the two teams this season.
The games are scheduled for noon, 3 PM, and 6 PM.

Scroll up to vote in the poll for the winners in all three games.

SpreadTheWord
October 18th, 2021, 11:05 AM
It's always a lot tougher to beat the same opponent twice in one season. It'll be interesting to see how much closer the two repeat games will be on Saturday.

McCowboys
October 18th, 2021, 03:11 PM
It's always a lot tougher to beat the same opponent twice in one season. It'll be interesting to see how much closer the two repeat games will be on Saturday.

Seems UIW had McNeese's number. How many in a row now? Five? It also seems there is some disaster or distraction when the Cowboys play the Cardinals. This week it's McNeese Homecoming. At least the beautiful weather is predicted to continue.

lionsrking2
October 19th, 2021, 12:43 PM
Seems UIW had McNeese's number. How many in a row now? Five? It also seems there is some disaster or distraction when the Cowboys play the Cardinals. This week it's McNeese Homecoming. At least the beautiful weather is predicted to continue.

UIW has all of our numbers, especially in San Antonio. It's the Bermuda Triangle — where strange stuff happens.

SpreadTheWord
October 19th, 2021, 04:15 PM
UIW has all of our numbers, especially in San Antonio. It's the Bermuda Triangle — where strange stuff happens.

Nicholls had ours for 5 years until last Saturday. If Lindsey Scott didn't get hurt and miss a few series in the 2nd half, it would've been a lot closer of a game. I'm extremely glad that our game against y'all on November 6th is at Benson Stadium.

lionsrking2
October 19th, 2021, 06:22 PM
I'm extremely glad that our game against y'all on November 6th is at Benson Stadium.

We're definitely not glad to be going to San Antonio for a second year in a row, and third time in four years, but it is what it is. Still some football to be played between now and then.

SpreadTheWord
October 20th, 2021, 10:32 AM
We're definitely not glad to be going to San Antonio for a second year in a row, and third time in four years, but it is what it is. Still some football to be played between now and then.

Absolutely. I'm also not looking forward to going back to Thibodeaux again. That ass-whopping where they put up 75 points on us in the spring is still very fresh in our minds...even after beating them last week. That's one tough place to play down there.

McCowboys
October 20th, 2021, 11:30 AM
Absolutely. I'm also not looking forward to going back to Thibodeaux again. That ass-whopping where they put up 75 points on us in the spring is still very fresh in our minds...even after beating them last week. That's one tough place to play down there.

Thibodaux = Voodoo on the Bayou (I did not coin this phrase. Maybe it was a Sam Houston fan. ?)

McNeese72
October 20th, 2021, 02:47 PM

We have been getting some defensive advice this week from one of our ex-coaches who definitely knows defenses. Let's see if it helps Saturday. Not holding my breath.

Doc

McCowboys
October 21st, 2021, 06:29 AM
We have been getting some defensive advice this week from one of our ex-coaches who definitely knows defenses. Let's see if it helps Saturday. Not holding my breath.

Doc

Maybe we need an offensive expert to give advice. The Cowboys held UIW to 31 points, their lowest point total of the season, but scored zero points. You can't win if you don't score points.

McNeese72
October 23rd, 2021, 06:40 PM
Maybe we need an offensive expert to give advice. The Cowboys held UIW to 31 points, their lowest point total of the season, but scored zero points. You can't win if you don't score points.

The defensive consultant is paying off. I don't know if you recognized the pressure defense from the past. Also, I heard he gave a little advice to the offensive coordinators, too. Like rolling Cody out of the non-existant pockets to throw the ball.

Doc

Katfan
October 23rd, 2021, 08:09 PM
The defensive consultant is paying off. I don't know if you recognized the pressure defense from the past. Also, I heard he gave a little advice to the offensive coordinators, too. Like rolling Cody out of the non-existant pockets to throw the ball.

Doc
I like as opposed to the Cody stand there and let’s see how tough you are approach?

SpreadTheWord
October 25th, 2021, 10:48 AM

Doc

Looks like it was some pretty good advice. Congrats on the W!

MR. CHICKEN
October 25th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Thibodaux = Voodoo on the Bayou (I did not coin this phrase. Maybe it was a Sam Houston fan. ?)

....AH'M GUESSIN'.....JOHN FOGARTY....OR....TONY JOE WHITE..........BRAWK!

McNeese72
October 26th, 2021, 07:08 PM
As noted by my friend, Cbuck, you know it is football in the south when a girl on the Homecoming Court strips off her jacket and heels, goes out on the field, kicks in the promotional field goal contest during a timeout and knocks it through the uprights to win a year's supply of free Coke products. :)

No lie. It happened!!!

Doc