PDA

View Full Version : STATS Poll, Oct. 11, 2021

kdinva
October 11th, 2021, 02:26 PM
MVFC Has Seven Teams in FCS Top 25 Rankings | The Analyst (https://theanalyst.com/na/2021/10/mvfc-has-seven-teams-in-fcs-top-25-rankings/)

1. Sam Houston (5-0, 3-0 AQ7), 1,229 points (39 first-place votes)
Previous Ranking: 1; Week 6 Result: 41-7 win over Lamar
2. Eastern Washington (6-0, 3-0 Big Sky), 1,186 (9)
Previous Ranking: 4; Week 6 Result: 63-17 win at Northern Colorado
3. North Dakota State (5-0, 2-0 Missouri Valley), 1,174 (2)
Previous Ranking: 5; Week 6 Result: 34-20 win over then-No. 16 Northern Iowa
4. Southern Illinois (5-1, 3-0 Missouri Valley), 1,081
Previous Ranking: 8; Week 6 Result: 42-41 OT win at then-No. 2 South Dakota State
5. Montana (4-1, 2-1 Big Sky), 996
Previous Ranking: 6; Week 6 Result: 31-14 win over Dixie State
6. Villanova (4-1, 2-0 CAA), 977
Previous Ranking: 11; Week 6 Result: 28-27 win at then-No. 3 James Madison
7. South Dakota State (4-1, 1-1 Missouri Valley), 972
Previous Ranking: 2; Week 6 Result: 42-41 OT loss to then-No. 8 Southern Illinois
8. James Madison (4-1, 2-1 CAA), 906
Previous Ranking: 3; Week 6 Result: 28-27 loss to then-No. 11 Villanova
9. Montana State (5-1, 3-0 Big Sky), 881
Previous Ranking: 10; Week 6 Result: 45-7 win over Cal Poly
10. ETSU (6-0, 3-0 Southern), 796
Previous Ranking: 12; Week 6 Result: 48-21 win over The Citadel
11. Southeastern Louisiana (4-1, 2-0 Southland), 741
Previous Ranking: 14; Week 6 Result: 58-48 win at then-No. 25 Nicholls
12. Rhode Island (5-0, 3-0 CAA), 694
Previous Ranking: 18; Week 6 Result: 22-15 win over then-No. 9 Delaware
13. UC Davis (5-1, 2-1 Big Sky), 564
Previous Ranking: 7; Week 6 Result: 27-17 loss at Idaho State
14. Delaware (3-2, 2-1 CAA), 559
Previous Ranking: 9; Week 6 Result: 22-15 loss at then-No. 18 Rhode Island
15. Kennesaw State (4-1, 1-0 Big South), 543
Previous Ranking: 17; Week 6 Result: 34-15 win at Hampton
16. Northern Iowa (3-2, 1-1 Missouri Valley), 410
Previous Ranking: 16; Week 6 Result: 34-20 loss at then-No. 5 North Dakota State
17. UT Martin (4-1, 1-0 Ohio Valley), 409
Previous Ranking: 21; Week 6 Result: 48-24 win over Murray State
18. UIW (4-1, 2-0 Southland), 344
Previous Ranking: 20; Week 6 Result: Open week
19. Weber State (2-3, 1-1 Big Sky), 330
Previous Ranking: 19; Week 6 Result: Open week
20. Missouri State (3-2, 2-1 Missouri Valley), 285
Previous Ranking: 15; Week 6 Result: 41-33 loss at Youngstown State
21. South Dakota (4-2, 2-1 Missouri Valley), 229
Previous Ranking: Not Ranked; Week 6 Result: 20-13 win over then-No. 13 North Dakota
22. North Dakota (2-3, 0-2 Missouri Valley), 216
Previous Ranking: 13; Week 6 Result: 20-13 loss at South Dakota
23. New Hampshire (3-2, 2-1 CAA), 124
Previous Ranking: 22; Week 6 Result: Open week
24. Jacksonville State (3-3, 1-0 AQ7), 122
Previous Ranking: 24; Week 6 Result: 28-24 win over then-No. 23 Stephen F. Austin
25. Princeton (4-0, 1-0 Ivy), 88
Previous Ranking: Not Ranked; Week 6 Result: 31-28 win at Monmouth
Dropped Out: Stephen F. Austin (23),Nicholls (25)

Others Receiving Votes (schools listed on two or more ballots): Mercer 78, Jackson State 63, VMI 60, Duquesne 48, Harvard 36, William & Mary 28, Central Arkansas 21, Youngstown State 20, Stephen F. Austin 11, Nicholls 10, Eastern Kentucky 9, Prairie View A&M 8

Daytripper
October 11th, 2021, 02:30 PM
They will ride 'til they die with Jacksonville State.

katss07
October 11th, 2021, 02:31 PM
Montana being a Top 5 team is a travesty

MSUBobcat
October 11th, 2021, 02:48 PM

Top 10 easily.

Not 10 top.

uofmman1122
October 11th, 2021, 03:01 PM
I wouldn’t say it’s a travesty we’re still in the top 5, considering how muddied everything after #3 looks right now, but I agree with the sentiment.

We have a great defense (that apparently was missing a ton of guys/guys playing at not full 100% this last weekend due to a flu that went around the team, causing some players to lose like 10 lbs), but our offense is not top-10 worthy, IMO.

We’ll see if we can figure it out over the rest of the season.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2021, 03:05 PM
Could ETSU go undefeated and not get a seed lol Guess we're going to find out!

KPSUL
October 11th, 2021, 03:39 PM

I'd say no. The majority of teams ahead of them in the polls will lose enough games collectively to make a little room in the top 8 for an undefeated ETSU. (If ETSU remains undefeated of course, they have some tough opponents yet to play, including VMI and Chattanooga )

caribbeanhen
October 11th, 2021, 03:43 PM
Who are the voters who broke ranks and put an Ivy in the poll?

BearDownMU
October 11th, 2021, 04:04 PM
I'd say no. The majority of teams ahead of them in the polls will lose enough games collectively to make a little room in the top 8 for an undefeated ETSU. (If ETSU remains undefeated of course, they have some tough opponents yet to play, including VMI and Chattanooga )

Or there still the possibility of an epic final game of the season. As Mercer plays ETSU in the last game of the year and are currently the only two teams who are undefeated in conference play.

acbearkat
October 11th, 2021, 04:12 PM

Disagree. They went toe to toe with Eastern Washington, and have an FBS win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katfan
October 11th, 2021, 04:17 PM
I seriously doubt it!

Chalupa Batman
October 11th, 2021, 04:25 PM

I would guess that an undefeated ETSU is probably looking at a 4 or 5 seed, no worse than 6.

ElCid
October 11th, 2021, 06:40 PM
I would guess that an undefeated ETSU is probably looking at a 4 or 5 seed, no worse than 6.

I think an undefeated ETSU which includes a dominant SEC scalp would be no lower than 3. We were a #6 in 2016 when undefeated in conf play, but we got spanked by a ranked UNC as well. It's extremely hard to go unscathed in the SOCON. Only 6 teams have done it since 1999. App St 3 times, and The Citadel, UTC, and Wofford once each. It has also been a three or two way tie for the champion 9 times since 99. Not sure who they would supplant of the other current undefeateds. Any of those others loses and it would be a lock. Just looking at history of the committee. But I'm not sure anyone will remain unscathed at this point, including ETSU. It's been a weird year at times.

katss07
October 11th, 2021, 06:48 PM
What happens if ETSU, SLU and UTM all win out? One of those teams is going to get their feelings hurt in terms of seeding.

ElCid
October 11th, 2021, 06:56 PM
What happens if ETSU, SLU and UTM all win out? One of those teams is going to get their feelings hurt in terms of seeding.

Well UTM has a loss to a bad WKU, and SLU lost to La Tech. ETSU didn't lose to Vandy, they stomped them by three scores and they dominated them most of the game holding them to 85 yards rushing. SLU and UTM might feel butt hurt, but I don't think ETSU will. But there are a lot of games left even if it is fun to ponder.

KPSUL
October 11th, 2021, 07:44 PM
Well UTM has a loss to a bad WKU, and SLU lost to La Tech. ETSU didn't lose to Vandy, they stomped them by three scores and they dominated them most of the game holding them to 85 yards rushing. SLU and UTM might feel butt hurt, but I don't think ETSU will. But there are a lot of games left even if it is fun to ponder.

Also, while UT Martin played some very respectable OOC FCS opponents (JSU, Samford) the strength of their OVC schedule is not nearly as tough as a SoCon schedule.

Chalupa Batman
October 11th, 2021, 08:02 PM
I think an undefeated ETSU which includes a dominant SEC scalp would be no lower than 3. We were a #6 in 2016 when undefeated in conf play, but we got spanked by a ranked UNC as well. It's extremely hard to go unscathed in the SOCON. Only 6 teams have done it since 1999. App St 3 times, and The Citadel, UTC, and Wofford once each. It has also been a three or two way tie for the champion 9 times since 99. Not sure who they would supplant of the other current undefeateds. Any of those others loses and it would be a lock. Just looking at history of the committee. But I'm not sure anyone will remain unscathed at this point, including ETSU. It's been a weird year at times.

A lot depends on how other teams do, but I think ETSU’s problem is that in the SOCON there is a lot of decent/solid wins but very few good wins compared to what the teams ahead/directly behind them can get (although that means on the flip side there were very few easy games for them too). I think they would be helped greatly if 1 or 2 teams in the conference can separate from the pack and finish with 7-1/6-2 conference records to give them a couple of wins that are a little more “marquee”, and not have a bunch of teams at 5-3/4-4 in conference play which it looks like where the SOCON is heading.

If EWU, SIU, NDSU & SH all win out from here they will be ahead of the Bucs. Probably Montana too and maybe Villanova. Someone like Montana State wins out (beating EWU & the Griz) they could jump ETSU (but knocking the Griz for sure & maybe EWU behind ETSU). If SDSU rebounds and wins out I think they would replace NDSU ahead of ETSU.

I would love to see ETSU get a 4 seed and a quarterfinal home game against the runner up from one of the big 3 conferences (unless it’s NDSU, then **** the committee [emoji16]). I think they’ll need a lot of help to get any higher than 4.

ElCid
October 11th, 2021, 08:35 PM
A lot depends on how other teams do, but I think ETSU’s problem is that in the SOCON there is a lot of decent/solid wins but very few good wins compared to what the teams ahead/directly behind them can get (although that means on the flip side there were very few easy games for them too). I think they would be helped greatly if 1 or 2 teams in the conference can separate from the pack and finish with 7-1/6-2 conference records to give them a couple of wins that are a little more “marquee”, and not have a bunch of teams at 5-3/4-4 in conference play which it looks like where the SOCON is heading.

If EWU, SIU, NDSU & SH all win out from here they will be ahead of the Bucs. Probably Montana too and maybe Villanova. Someone like Montana State wins out (beating EWU & the Griz) they could jump ETSU (but knocking the Griz for sure & maybe EWU behind ETSU). If SDSU rebounds and wins out I think they would replace NDSU ahead of ETSU.

I would love to see ETSU get a 4 seed and a quarterfinal home game against the runner up from one of the big 3 conferences (unless it’s NDSU, then **** the committee [emoji16]). I think they’ll need a lot of help to get any higher than 4.

Probably silly to speculate. I can't see everyone named remaining unscathed at this point. Maybe SHSU has the best shot to. But even they seem to have slipped a tad. It will be fun to watch unfold.

acbearkat
October 11th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Probably silly to speculate. I can't see everyone named remaining unscathed at this point. Maybe SHSU has the best shot to. But even they seem to have slipped a tad. It will be fun to watch unfold.

Jacksonville State is probably the only team left on our schedule who can beat us as of now. However, the Gamecocks haven’t played well this year.

Chalupa Batman
October 11th, 2021, 08:41 PM

I agree it is silly to speculate, but it’s still fun! I like to look ahead and see “what teams should team X be rooting for?” There seems to be a lot more parity this season than we’ve seen for quite some time, it’ll be exciting to watch the positioning unfold.

ElCid
October 11th, 2021, 08:42 PM
Jacksonville State is probably the only team left on our schedule who can beat us as of now. However, the Gamecocks haven’t played well this year.

I wouldn't overlook ACU.

Daytripper
October 12th, 2021, 05:57 AM
I wouldn't overlook ACU.

I'm not overlooking anybody. We have the proverbial target on our backs and the other teams we play besides JSU and ACU (Tarleton, Dixie St. and EKU) are all capable of beating us if we don't take them seriously.

OhioHen
October 12th, 2021, 07:09 AM
And to think I consider the AGS poll having Delaware at 17 as ridiculously high. :smh:

FWIW, the homer in me caused me to keep the Hens in 28th in my tracker.

caribbeanhen
October 12th, 2021, 07:11 AM
I'm not overlooking anybody. We have the proverbial target on our backs and the other teams we play besides JSU and ACU (Tarleton, Dixie St. and EKU) are all capable of beating us if we don't take them seriously.

talk about easy street, that weak schedule might hurt you come playoff time

KC might just rest the starters the rest of the way

HensRock
October 12th, 2021, 01:36 PM

The travesty here is URI at 12 and UD at 14.
Neither should be ranked.

Catatonic
October 12th, 2021, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't overlook ACU.
Good point. Precovid the Schizoid Cats were often undisciplined, unfocused and lost to teams we should have beaten but about once a year we played four quarters at a high level and knocked off the conference champs. Ask Nichols about overlooking us.

katss07
October 12th, 2021, 02:29 PM
If they can find their way into the end zone once a half, they should be ranked ahead of Montana.

Cocky
October 12th, 2021, 03:33 PM

Who are you going to put in? JSU?

acbearkat
October 12th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Who are you going to put in? JSU?

I’m pretty sure he was being facetious.

CockyGeek
October 12th, 2021, 03:49 PM

Straight to #1 if we beat SHSU

caribbeanhen
October 12th, 2021, 07:25 PM
I’m pretty sure he was being facetious.

no, I don’t think he was and I agree with him

CAA is down hard after the big 2

Katfan
October 12th, 2021, 08:17 PM
no, I don’t think he was and I agree with him

CAA is down hard after the big 2
Who are the big 2?

HensRock
October 12th, 2021, 08:35 PM
If they can find their way into the end zone once a half, they should be ranked ahead of Montana.
???????????????
Montana is averaging 35 points/game against FCS competition. That's 2.5 trips to the end zone per half.
It's also more than UD (24) or URI (31) and Montana has had a tougher schedule than either.

And Carib knows I was completely serious.
Rhody: 5-0 against who?
Bryant, Brown, squeeked past Albany, needed OT to beat Stony Brook at home, and now UD.
Come to think of it, UD barely beat Albany too. So why aren't Stony Brook and Albany ranked if Rhody and UD are "So Good"?

Rhody and UD's high ranking are hanging solely on the premise of UD's pre-season ranking which was based on 2021 Spring season results.
At some point, you need to ask yourself: what if that was a false premise?

P.S. The Big 2 are Villanova and JMU in the CAA.

KPSUL
October 12th, 2021, 09:14 PM
???????????????
Montana is averaging 35 points/game against FCS competition. That's 2.5 trips to the end zone per half.
It's also more than UD (24) or URI (31) and Montana has had a tougher schedule than either.

Bryant, Brown, squeeked past Albany, needed OT to beat Stony Brook at home, and now UD.
Come to think of it, UD barely beat Albany too. So why aren't Stony Brook and Albany ranked if Rhody and UD are "So Good"?

Rhody and UD's high ranking are hanging solely on the premise of UD's pre-season ranking which was based on 2021 Spring season results.

Delaware is a totally different team without Nolan Henderson, although you could certainly be critical of coach Rocco and his staff for not having somebody at least close to being ready to step in and run the offense. Considering the lack of offensive production, you do need to give the Delaware defense a lot of credit for keeping the Hens even in that game. But I have to agree with your essential argument that Delaware has been over-ranked this season and that is a big factor in URI showing up this week in the top 15 of the polls. I do think URI deserves to be somewhere in the Top 25, more than UNH this week and several other teams on the Stats Top 25 as well.

You could make a very similar, and maybe even stronger, argument against ranking Weber St and North Dakota right now. Weber St is 2-3 and the "signature win" was vs UC Davis, But UC Davis just lost to 0-4 Idaho St., and the game wasn't very close. North Dakota is also 2-3, heading into a game with SIU and a likely record of 2-4. ND's wins? 1-4 Idaho St, and 2-4 Pioneer League Drake. But you need to pick 25 teams for a Top25, and some time the pickings get mighty slim.

acbearkat
October 12th, 2021, 09:18 PM
???????????????

Rhode Island gets a chance here in a few weeks to get an FBS win when they play UMass. That’s a winnable game for the Rams as the Minutemen are terrible and have no business being FBS (neither does UConn).

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2021, 06:32 AM
Who are the big 2?

Hensrock answered ... but somehow I think you knew anyway

dewey
October 13th, 2021, 09:55 AM
Rhode Island gets a chance here in a few weeks to get an FBS win when they play UMass. That’s a winnable game for the Rams as the Minutemen are terrible and have no business being FBS (neither does UConn).

Plus Rhode Island plays at Villanova. If the Rams win out they are a legit top ~top 4 team.

Dewey

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2021, 10:51 AM
Plus Rhode Island plays at Villanova. If the Rams win out they are a legit top ~top 4 team.

Dewey

32189....YOU BEEN DRINKIN' DUH MUDDY MISSISSIPPI......WEST BANK WA-WA?.........RHODEY WILL BE LUCKY.....TA GET OUTTAH BALTIMORE.....SATURDAY..........'NOVA'S...BEEN FESTERIN'...FO' 'EM......SINCE DUH SPRING CARNAGE...........TAKE DUH CAA FAN CLUB WORD......DEY'RE SKED....IS EASIER.....DAN....TONY BENNETT @ 1AM.......DOODLE-DOO!

Catbooster
October 13th, 2021, 11:34 AM
Delaware is a totally different team without Nolan Henderson, although you could certainly be critical of coach Rocco and his staff for not having somebody at least close to being ready to step in and run the offense. Considering the lack of offensive production, you do need to give the Delaware defense a lot of credit for keeping the Hens even in that game. But I have to agree with your essential argument that Delaware has been over-ranked this season and that is a big factor in URI showing up this week in the top 15 of the polls. I do think URI deserves to be somewhere in the Top 25, more than UNH this week and several other teams on the Stats Top 25 as well.

You could make a very similar, and maybe even stronger, argument against ranking Weber St and North Dakota right now. Weber St is 2-3 and the "signature win" was vs UC Davis, But UC Davis just lost to 0-4 Idaho St., and the game wasn't very close. North Dakota is also 2-3, heading into a game with SIU and a likely record of 2-4. ND's wins? 1-4 Idaho St, and 2-4 Pioneer League Drake. But you need to pick 25 teams for a Top25, and some time the pickings get mighty slim.
Weber lost to UC Davis 17-14 (and FBS Utah and JMU).

KPSUL
October 13th, 2021, 12:10 PM
Weber lost to UC Davis 17-14 (and FBS Utah and JMU).

So who did they beat ? We could move UC Davis to their "good" loss.

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2021, 12:40 PM
32189....YOU BEEN DRINKIN' DUH MUDDY MISSISSIPPI......WEST BANK WA-WA?.........RHODEY WILL BE LUCKY.....TA GET OUTTAH BALTIMORE.....SATURDAY..........'NOVA'S...BEEN FESTERIN'...FO' 'EM......SINCE DUH SPRING CARNAGE...........TAKE DUH CAA FAN CLUB WORD......DEY'RE SKED....IS EASIER.....DAN....TONY BENNETT @ 1AM.......DOODLE-DOO!

lol Tony Bennett at 1am

no FloSports down in Dewey Beach

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2021, 12:44 PM

UC Davis will fade away, RB Dotson not on team right now for personal reasons

katss07
October 13th, 2021, 01:52 PM
UC Davis will fade away, RB Dotson not on team right now for personal reasons
I haven’t watched UC Davis so idk but I too heard Elijah Dotson was stepping away from football and he plays for Sacramento State.

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2021, 01:56 PM
I haven’t watched UC Davis so idk but I too heard Elijah Dotson was stepping away from football and he plays for Sacramento State.

brain fart on my part

i got Dotson confused with Gilliam

thanks for the correction!

acbearkat
October 13th, 2021, 01:58 PM

No one of any consequence.

MSUBobcat
October 13th, 2021, 02:49 PM

In my opinion, even though Weber didn't even play last weekend, Davis losing to previously winless ISU-o should have bounced them from the top 25. Weber lost to Davis at home when Davis lost their starting QB during the game. The Bengals beat Davis somewhat handily, never getting within 14 from the get-go until they narrowed it to a 13 point deficit more than halfway thru the 4th quarter. And Rodrigues played the majority of the game. If you can't defend your home turf when even Idaho State didn't really have an issue.... hard to say top 25 unless ISU-o made some WICKED strides between the drubbing at the hands of NAU on Oct. 2nd to the game last weekend.

I would also have Davis down about where Weber is. For comparison, UND (now ranked 23rd in AGS) ran away from the Bengals in the 2nd half. The sheen is wearing off the Tulsa win and the narrow Weber win.

Catbooster
October 13th, 2021, 02:51 PM
No one of any consequence.

True (but MSU fans can't say much about that right now).

Weber beat Dixie State 41-3 (Dixie St also lost to Sac State 7-19, UC Davis 27-60, SDSU 7-55, Griz 14-31)
and Cal-Poly 38-7 (who won against San Diego 28-17, lost to Fresno state 10-63, South Dakota 14-48, Griz 7-39, and us 7-45)

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2021, 09:36 PM

tried to tell AGS about Rhode Island and Delaware

nobody outside of CAA fans watching a bad CAA

Chalupa Batman
October 16th, 2021, 10:57 PM

I haven’t been watching but I’ve been paying attention. I kicked Delaware out of the poll and put URI in their place last week, but they can’t handle prosperity I guess.

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2021, 11:20 PM
I haven’t been watching but I’ve been paying attention. I kicked Delaware out of the poll and put URI in their place last week, but they can’t handle prosperity I guess.

The Chalupa Cabra always remembers

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2021, 11:30 PM

So I guess it's a good thing that the CAA games are on Flo Sports so that none of the rest of us can watch???

On a related note, the CAA almost has to get 3 teams into the playoffs... who's #3 going to be???

https://media.giphy.com/media/h0ZaDV5W4EQrJJ1ByL/giphy.gif

mvemjsunpx
October 17th, 2021, 02:18 AM
On a related note, the CAA almost has to get 3 teams into the playoffs... who's #3 going to be???

New Hampshire… after Dartmouth steals their uniforms.

caribbeanhen
October 17th, 2021, 08:32 AM
New Hampshire… after Dartmouth steals their uniforms.

lol, this is pure genius

caribbeanhen
October 17th, 2021, 08:40 AM
So I guess it's a good thing that the CAA games are on Flo Sports so that none of the rest of us can watch???

Good Professor, The Flo sports effect, meaning nobody outside the CAA was watching Flo, did indeed have an effect on the AGS poll.

As of right now, the CAA should only fill 2 playoff spots, the third team has not floated to the surface yet

GoBlueHens83
October 17th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Good Professor, The Flo sports effect, meaning nobody outside the CAA was watching Flo, did indeed have an effect on the AGS poll.

As of right now, the CAA should only fill 2 playoff spots, the third team has not floated to the surface yet

They should be glad they aren't watching. Not just because of the bad football, but also the poor production from Flo Sports. Between technical issues with almost every game, to the poor camera work, it is a total mess. The CAA contract with Flo Sports can't end fast enough.

caribbeanhen
October 17th, 2021, 01:10 PM
They should be glad they aren't watching. Not just because of the bad football, but also the poor production from Flo Sports. Between technical issues with almost every game, to the poor camera work, it is a total mess. The CAA contract with Flo Sports can't end fast enough.

All true Sir!

atthewbon
October 17th, 2021, 02:17 PM

I still think Rhode Island has a pretty good chance to get in. They'll be in if they only lose two more games and end up 8-3 and a fringe bubble team at 7-4 despite how bad the CAA looks this year. They could easily lose more than two out of their last five, but the fbs game against UMASS is a good chance for a quality win.

Chalupa Batman
October 17th, 2021, 02:46 PM

Very well put! Agree that only 2 teams are worthy but you know a 3rd team is making it.

Looking ahead at schedules it's a mess to try and figure out who the 3rd team would be. Rhode Island, William & Mary, New Hampshire, Elon, Towson, & Delaware all have enough winnable games left to have a shot. Basically every game these teams play outside of JMU & Villanova are both winnable and loseable for them at the same time. Outside of springing an upset over one of those two, whoever comes out of that group with the best record won't have any good wins for their resume (against each other will be their "good" wins). Rhode Island only having 1 loss so far and getting an awful FBS team in UMass coming up gives them the best shot, but none of their remaining games are gimmes either.