PDA

View Full Version : Cap'n Cat's "Count On It" Gateway Purdictions....

Cap'n Cat
August 27th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Minnesota State @ Northern Iowa: Cats set tone for season with 70-13 thrashing. Panthers finish 10-1 and get one of three available top seeds (Montana already has their auto-auto mailed in due to lame skeddy).

Missouri-Rolla @ Missouri State: Bears struggle, but prevail, 19-17.

Quincy U @ Southern Illinois: Official in charge of scheduling is obviously a Montana athletic department refugee. Hounds roll, 44-0.

Drake @ Illinois State: Drake shocks Crimson Crows, racing out to 27-17 halftime lead. Winged ones come back, though, and pull out a squeaker, 27-24, in 3 OTs. Fans abandon team, State finishes 4-7, coach resigns and begs to become an assistant at Northern Iowa. He is turned away rudely.

Indiana State @ Indiana: High scoring affair between two league bottom feeders. Hoosiers pull away late, 38-31.

Youngstown State @ Ohio State: Pathetic Penguin players pee pants in the face of 100,000 fans, get crushed, 66-0, do not recover all season, finish 3-8.

South Dakota State @ Western Illinois: Jacks put a healthy smack on hapless Leatherheads, coach forced out. Jacks, 34-10.

Count on it!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

BearsCountry
August 28th, 2007, 12:40 AM

xlolx

AZGrizFan
August 28th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Minnesota State @ Northern Iowa: Cats set tone for season with 70-13 thrashing. Panthers finish 10-1 and get one of three available top seeds (Montana already has their auto-auto mailed in due to lame skeddy).

Quincy U @ Southern Illinois: Official in charge of scheduling is obviously a Montana athletic department refugee. Hounds roll, 44-0.

Drake @ Illinois State: Drake shocks Crimson Crows, racing out to 27-17 halftime lead. Winged ones come back, though, and pull out a squeaker, 27-24, in 3 OTs. Fans abandon team, State finishes 4-7, coach resigns and begs to become an assistant at Northern Iowa. He is turned away rudely.

Indiana State @ Indiana: High scoring affair between two league bottom feeders. Hoosiers pull away late, 38-31.

Youngstown State @ Ohio State: Pathetic Penguin players pee pants in the face of 100,000 fans, get crushed, 66-0, do not recover all season, finish 3-8.

South Dakota State @ Western Illinois: Jacks put a healthy smack on hapless Leatherheads, coach forced out. Jacks, 34-10.

Count on it!

Isn't Minnesota State where Craig T. Nelson coached?

You start with Minnesota State, and MONTANA has the cushy schedule? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Oh, we all have our skeletons, eh cappy? xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

WyomingGrizFan
August 28th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Isn't Minnesota State where Craig T. Nelson coached?

I thought that was Minnesota Tech.

GoGuins
August 28th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Minnesota State @ Northern Iowa:

Thanks for the love once again Cat!xlolx You actually think Sweatervest is gonna run the up the score on the team that vaulted him to sainthood?

Mountain Panther
August 28th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the love once again Cat!xlolx You actually think Sweatervest is gonna run the up the score on the team that vaulted him to sainthood?

"If Cap'n needs a job he can be my ballboy....I'd ask him myself but my face is incapable of showing expression."
http://scienceblogs.com/framing-science/upload/2007/01/tressel%20leading%20team.jpg

Ivytalk
August 28th, 2007, 09:14 AM

Count on it!

Cap'n, I like your picks, but I say IU beats the Sycs by 3 TDs, and ISU will take Drake in regulation.

ysubigred
August 28th, 2007, 09:30 AM

xthumbsupx Well Cappy if your right on the Guin purrrdiction I hope one of the 3 wins is against your PURPLE PETER EATERS :D

dpd
August 28th, 2007, 10:26 AM
When Coach originally aired there was no actual school named Minnesota State so they used that for their tv show - however about two years ago MSU-Mankato (Mankato State, a perennial D2 powerhouse) began referring to themselves exclusively as Minnesota State

my gateway picks:
UNI 48, MSU 14
MSU 30, UMR 10
SIU 33, Quincy 7
ISU 44, Drake 10
IU 33, ISU 7
OSU 51, YSU 14
WIU 21, SDSU 20

Week One Prognostication (http://dpdsdogs.com/ncaa/cfprog.htm)

MSUBear42
August 28th, 2007, 10:29 AM
xlolx

xeyebrowx xmadx

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Next year is Missouri State's breakout year. They will make a run for the GFC crown.

Bison77
August 28th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Next year is Missouri State's breakout year. They will make a run for the GFC crown.

I doubt it. xnonox

leatherneck177
August 28th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I doubt it too about Missouri State.

Prediction:

WIU 24
SDSU 14

Solid defense leads WIU to victory. Never thought I would read that, but I think the defense may steer the ship this year.

SO ILLmatic
August 28th, 2007, 11:39 AM
my gateway picks:
UNI 48, MSU 14
MSU 30, UMR 10
SIU 33, Quincy 7
ISU 44, Drake 10
IU 33, ISU 7
OSU 51, YSU 14
WIU 21, SDSU 20

33 to 7? Really???

MarkCCU
August 28th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Count on it huh? I like the pics but not soo sure about ISU losing that one to Drake.

UNHWildCats
August 28th, 2007, 11:42 AM

ok since no one else asked..... may i ask how a team can be ahead 27-17 at halftime and then lose 27-24 in triple OT?

AZGrizFan
August 28th, 2007, 11:46 AM
ok since no one else asked..... may i ask how a team can be ahead 27-17 at halftime and then lose 27-24 in triple OT?

details, schmetails.

Don't interrupt him, Travis, he's on a roll. xrolleyesx xeyebrowx xcoolx xsmhx xrotatehx

BearsCountry
August 28th, 2007, 11:46 AM
xeyebrowx xmadx

I was laughing at the 19 score. We will put 40+ on the Miners.

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Rare brain fart on the part of The Cap'n. Good catch.

A clear illustration of what happens when, instead of dazzling them with your brilliance, you baffle them with your *********.

:o :o :o :o :o

UNHWildCats
August 28th, 2007, 11:52 AM
details, schmetails.

Don't interrupt him, Travis, he's on a roll. xrolleyesx xeyebrowx xcoolx xsmhx xrotatehx

If we go by Cap'ns accounting of scores...maybe UNH really won that UNI game in 2005 :D :D :D xlolx xlolx

Mountain Panther
August 28th, 2007, 11:58 AM
If we go by Cap'ns accounting of scores...maybe UNH really won that UNI game in 2005 :D :D :D xlolx xlolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNHWildCats
August 28th, 2007, 12:00 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I demand a match between UNH and Appy for the 2005 NC Im convinced Cap'n was the official scorer of the UNI game and thus the score was innacurately reported.... And for anyone who may have been there or seen it on TV what you saw was a cappywood production xlolx xlolx

Mountain Panther
August 28th, 2007, 12:06 PM
And for anyone who may have been there or seen it on TV what you saw was a cappywood production xlolx xlolx

The only cappy"wood" production in NH that day was the bleachers....;)

MSUBear42
August 28th, 2007, 12:38 PM
I was laughing at the 19 score. We will put 40+ on the Miners.

We BETTER!!

And for the comment about us making a run for the GFC crown next year, that's jumping the gun a little bit. But 2 years from now I would be really disapointed if we weren't in the top 3 of the GFC.

Mountain Panther
August 28th, 2007, 12:40 PM
But 2 years from now I would be really disapointed if we weren't in the top 3 of the GFC.

Just keep after those Coffeyville CC transfers.

dpd
August 28th, 2007, 12:57 PM
33 to 7? Really???

i know in recent years this would look like another 66-0 game, but my preseason calculations came up with a mov of only 26 points, so that's what i'm going with - of course the calculations involve averages over all fcs-naia matchups so it may be that siu's large wins get averaged out by some closer games - then again i have siu ranked lower than usual, and quincy is improving (the hawks got 9 votes in the naia poll for the first time in school history), but still you're right that number does seem low so when i get home today i'll double-check the calculations and see if i have a corrected prediction to post

igo4uni
August 28th, 2007, 03:10 PM

Cap'ns halftime speech to the team, not his accounting of scores, led to UNI's win vs. UNH back in 2005.:p :p :p :p :p :p xcoolx xcoolx :D :D :D :D

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Cap'ns halftime speech to the team, not his accounting of scores, led to UNI's win vs. UNH back in 2005.:p :p :p :p :p :p xcoolx xcoolx :D :D :D :D

Speaking of............

Picture this: It's 1989 and we're at the pregame meal before this same matchup, Minnesota State @ UNI. It's Terry Allen's first game as head coach at UNI and Cap'n Cat is a grad assistant offensive line coach. Coach Allen asked me to speak to the team for a few minutes about what it's like to play college footballbecause he knew I missed it badly. I talked for ten minutes about laying it on the line and leaving everything on the field and effort and pride in being a Panther and all that *****.

We lost. We lost badly.

At the staff meeting on Monday morning, Coach Allen dryly commented that that would be the last time I would ever get up in front of the team. We all laughed. He was superstitious, though, and I knew he was serious!

All was well, though, the next week, as we beat Kansas State for the third straight time. Went on to finish 8-3.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

travelinman67
August 28th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Just keep after those Coffeyville CC transfers.

Ouch...tell it like it is!
(wait, I thought Coffeyville signed an "Official feeder of the Gateway" agreement?)xrolleyesx

:D

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Ouch...tell it like it is!
(wait, I thought Coffeyville signed an "Official feeder of the Gateway" agreement?)xrolleyesx

:D

Try again.