PDA

View Full Version : Wagner

Alzee77
October 9th, 2021, 10:36 PM
Can someone tell me what’s going on with this team ?

caribbeanhen
October 9th, 2021, 11:22 PM
I’m a freshman parent to the Wagner program. Can someone tell me what’s going on with this team ?

losing to Del State at home in OT means bad things are going on

DFW HOYA
October 9th, 2021, 11:25 PM
losing to Del State at home in OT means bad things are going on

(Beating Del State in OT isn't that much of a boost, either.)

As to Wagner, they struggle with the run and the pass defense is susceptible against stronger teams like Fordham. With Bryant, LIU, and Merrimack arriving on the schedule, Wagner could win one or as many as two of these.

Pards Rule
October 10th, 2021, 08:13 AM
Reading about recently departed former Wagner (1978-80) and longtime Lafayette HC Bill Russo (btw nice pregame honor on videoboard yesterday to Russo) I see where Tom Masella is there now. He seemingly has jumped around quite a bit? Jason Houtaling was a great hire after Russo's OC Walt Hameline took over the program after Russo went to Lafayette in Dec. 1980. Now I see where Houghtaling is a Tennessee Titans offensive line assistant. Jason played for the Leopards at one point before injuries cut his time there and he then transferred to Binghamton.

MR. CHICKEN
October 10th, 2021, 08:23 AM
I’m a freshman parent to the Wagner program. Can someone tell me what’s going on with this team ?

........X-FER.....TA DUQUESNE......................AWK!

taper
October 10th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Reasonable expectations should be in play here. Wagner has never been a championship contender. Your son gets a chance to play and an education, there's a lot of value in that. If you ignore the quasi 2020 season, you have a first year head coach that's going to need some time to get things in order. He took Fordham to the playoffs in 2007 so have some optimism for the future. As for your first 5 games, Buffalo and Temple are FBS teams. That's known as a money game, they get a win and you get a 6 figure payout that goes a long way to funding the rest of your season. Not at all unusual. In FCS games you have a 1 score loss, 2 score loss, and OT loss. Those are respectable. The Fordham blowout isn't unexpected. The next 3 games are winnable, be sure to cheer them on.

MTfan4life
October 11th, 2021, 01:51 AM
Reasonable expectations should be in play here. Wagner has never been a championship contender. Your son gets a chance to play and an education, there's a lot of value in that. If you ignore the quasi 2020 season, you have a first year head coach that's going to need some time to get things in order. He took Fordham to the playoffs in 2007 so have some optimism for the future. As for your first 5 games, Buffalo and Temple are FBS teams. That's known as a money game, they get a win and you get a 6 figure payout that goes a long way to funding the rest of your season. Not at all unusual. In FCS games you have a 1 score loss, 2 score loss, and OT loss. Those are respectable. The Fordham blowout isn't unexpected. The next 3 games are winnable, be sure to cheer them on.

Wagner did win a game in the FCS playoffs in 2012, so it's not like they've been terrible forever.