PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'Em - Week 7

DFW HOYA
October 9th, 2021, 09:33 PM
Colgate (2-4) at Cornell (0-4), 7:00 pm (Friday)
Lafayete (2-4) at Harvard (4-0), 1:00 pm
Bucknell (1-4) at Fordham (3-3), 1:00 pm
Georgetown (1-3) at Holy Cross (3-2), 1:30 pm

bonarae
October 9th, 2021, 09:35 PM
With each passing week it gets tougher and tougher...

Colgate
Harvard
Fordham
Holy Cross

Another bigger question: Is Lehigh the worst team in all of FBS and FCS, period?

DFW HOYA
October 9th, 2021, 09:41 PM
With each passing week it gets tougher and tougher...
Another bigger question: Is Lehigh the worst team in all of FBS and FCS, period?

No. A good case could be made for Wagner (0-6), along with Cornell (0-4), Morgan State (0-5) and probably Presbyterian (2-3), whose two wins were against an NAIA school (St. Andrew) and a unaffiliated program (Ft. Lauderdale), while getting clocked by other PFL teams.

CHIP72
October 9th, 2021, 09:46 PM
At least Lehigh will have an excuse for getting shut out this week.

Ivytalk
October 10th, 2021, 05:57 AM
Serious question for Harvard-Lafayette week: whatever happened to my old friend carney2? He hasn’t posted on here since March. Is he OK? We attended a game together in Easton some years ago, and he has a great sense of humor.

Digby
October 10th, 2021, 06:11 AM
Cornell
Harvard
Fordham
Holy Cross

Lafayette can put up a fight against Harvard.
Cornell lost to Bucknell but the other defeats were respectable.

NY Crusader 2010
October 10th, 2021, 06:48 AM
Cornell => Colgate stinks. Don't let 2-0 PL record fool you.
Harvard => Lafayette will play the Johnnies much closer than we did.
Fordham => Rams roll again in the Bronx
Holy Cross => I've had a lot of respect for some tough Georgetown teams of late, and they've beaten us four or five times since I graduated. But I think this year's Hoya team more closely resembles their squads of the 2000's, not the 2010's

Ivytalk
October 10th, 2021, 06:51 AM
Cornell
Harvard
Fordham
Holy Cross

Lafayette can put up a fight against Harvard.
Cornell lost to Bucknell but the other defeats were respectable.
I agree with Digby.

This could be a trap game for Harvard as it looks ahead to Princeton in two weeks. Reminiscent of the ‘97 Harvard-Bucknell game.

NY Crusader 2010
October 10th, 2021, 06:51 AM
No. A good case could be made for Wagner (0-6), along with Cornell (0-4), Morgan State (0-5) and probably Presbyterian (2-3), whose two wins were against an NAIA school (St. Andrew) and a unaffiliated program (Ft. Lauderdale), while getting clocked by other PFL teams.

Cornell is definitely a better team than Lehigh.

Pards Rule
October 10th, 2021, 08:43 AM
Serious question for Harvard-Lafayette week: whatever happened to my old friend carney2? He hasn’t posted on here since March. Is he OK? We attended a game together in Easton some years ago, and he has a great sense of humor.

Ivy great question. He secured tickets for me in 2008 and we sat together for Lehigh game. We had beers at CHT pregaming before. Funny guy and very into Pard football. I think he was on Pard board which was extinquished (why?) in February but hard to recall. Im wondering too my friend. I wont be up in Cambridge and have never been except for a McDonalds Philly region development dept retreat at the Mary Prentiss Inn in 1996! When was the last time we beat you folks? I do recall gleefully watching on TV the 2009 game in your stadium. I think first year ever we beat you and your New Haven brethren in same year!!

Digby
October 10th, 2021, 08:56 AM

All bad teams but they have all scored touchdowns. Lehigh is not just lowering the bar, it’s digging a hole and burying the bar.

No TDs in six games. This is historic.

NY Crusader 2010
October 10th, 2021, 09:59 AM
Cornell is head and shoulders better than Lehigh IMO.

The Cats
October 10th, 2021, 11:34 AM
Cornell
Harvard
Fordham
Holy Cross

Pards Rule
October 10th, 2021, 12:45 PM
All bad teams but they have all scored touchdowns. Lehigh is not just lowering the bar, it’s digging a hole and burying the bar.

No TDs in six games. This is historic.

Lafayette did that fall 1980, albeit not six straight.

Ivytalk
October 10th, 2021, 03:19 PM
Ivy great question. He secured tickets for me in 2008 and we sat together for Lehigh game. We had beers at CHT pregaming before. Funny guy and very into Pard football. I think he was on Pard board which was extinquished (why?) in February but hard to recall. Im wondering too my friend. I wont be up in Cambridge and have never been except for a McDonalds Philly region development dept retreat at the Mary Prentiss Inn in 1996! When was the last time we beat you folks? I do recall gleefully watching on TV the 2009 game in your stadium. I think first year ever we beat you and your New Haven brethren in same year!!
Pards, 2009 was indeed the last Lafayette win in the series. Carney2 and I attended the 2011 game together. We chuckled about the fact that a Harvard PAT landed on top of a building just past your end zone, rolled down the roof, and get stuck on the edge! Damn ball remained there the whole game. He had some good Tavani jokes, all of which I’ve forgotten.

I’m concerned about this year’s game. Cornell had a pretty stout defense, and Harvard took advantage of two big plays in the second half to come away with the W. Also, Harvard coughed up 3 turnovers and had no takeaways of its own, although our D stuffed Cornell on four fourth-down plays. Murphy won’t let his guys look past the Leopards. I predict a 10-point Harvard win, but it might be closer.

Digby
October 10th, 2021, 04:49 PM
If we had a Lafayette board, we could discuss the propriety of the last field goal.

Bogus Megapardus
October 10th, 2021, 05:50 PM
If we had a Lafayette board, we could discuss the propriety of the last field goal.

Indeed. Must get to the bottom of this. Besides, where else to FCS fans get to post in Icelandic?

My picks:

Ezras
Cantabs
Lombardis
Coulda Been

Digby
October 10th, 2021, 06:15 PM
I can’t help with the board, as I’ve been declared a “rectum derby” or was it a “borsalino?”
Some kind of chapeau.
Those were fun times. We had to make our own fun. The teams weren’t helping.

Was it “Virrum alle asskopfen?”

We need to restore the primary source.

Bogus Megapardus
October 10th, 2021, 07:47 PM
I can’t help with the board, as I’ve been declared a “rectum derby” or was it a “borsalino?”
Some kind of chapeau.
Those were fun times. We had to make our own fun. The teams weren’t helping.

Was it “Virrum alle asskopfen?”

We need to restore the primary source.

Við erum öll rasshatten.

Bogus Megapardus
October 10th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Pards, 2009 was indeed the last Lafayette win in the series..

4-0 vs Ivy that year. More than 10,000 at Fisher to watch Penn fall. Pards were ranked. It's been all downhill since then.

ngineer
October 10th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Cornell/Colgate should be the only 'nail biter' this week. Considering the rivalry between the two schools and both struggling, I expect both to be sky high seeing a win in their sights. Gonna go with 'gate as I think their QB will carry them. Colgate, 28-24

Lafayette should give the Johnnies a good game, but I think the Crimson will have a too much depth/firepower. Harvard, 31-20

Bucky having difficulty on offense, whereas Fordham has multiple weapons. Should not be close. Rams, 45-17

Hoyas seem to be on the rise and have a may well be "up' for their fellow Jesuits. Still have to go with the 'sanders, 38-21

Lehigh gets a well needed break to do some navel reconnaissance. The Penn game was maddening. Both teams had opportunities to score in the first half but keep shooting selves in the foot. Dropped pass in end zone by Lehigh, as well other drops by receivers. Clearly an issue with timing/synching up with differing QBs. The OL is a mess with a couple injuries to some of the few upper classmen . As far as I can tell, the OC hasn't changed the Offensive scheme to better meld with the players we have. We have some good back, but the damn "rpo" stuff takes too long and opponents are in the backfield to quickly. I think they need to go to the old three point stance and fire out blocking rather than trying to 'direct' your opponent. Our punting game is quite good, helped our D with field position. Unfortunately, by the last 7 minutes of the game, they were gassed, and Penn ripped off two long runs due to reaching/arm tackling which is a classic sign of fatigue. I must admit, I was proud at how the guys battled Penn, holding them to two field goals until five minutes to go. The offense has no synchronization. The few times we did no move the ball, we has motion and holding penalties that negated the gains. Despite lousy number, QB Perri seemed more 'in command' than several weeks ago, but still doesn't see the whole field, not seeing wide open receivers because of focusing on one area. I must say, we will have very experienced team next year and should see improvement. I do think the OC is in over his head and an intervention is needed, if not a padded cell.

IslandPard
October 11th, 2021, 08:22 AM
Lafayette will be in every game this year. The difference between a W and L is Garrett and his predictable offense. Can he get out of his own way?? Doubtful. LC should have put up 50+ on BU. Getting shut out in the 2nd half (other than FGs) was not a testament to BU’s defense. No offense to BU (no pun intended but it is accurate).

We have a QB. We have WRs than can stretch the field. We have a nice stable of RBs. The OL is veteran and deep. And best of all, we have a defense!

xdeadhorsex

ngineer
October 11th, 2021, 11:10 AM
Lafayette will be in every game this year. The difference between a W and L is Garrett and his predictable offense. Can he get out of his own way?? Doubtful. LC should have put up 50+ on BU. Getting shut out in the 2nd half (other than FGs) was not a testament to BU’s defense. No offense to BU (no pun intended but it is accurate).

We have a QB. We have WRs than can stretch the field. We have a nice stable of RBs. The OL is veteran and deep. And best of all, we have a defense!

xdeadhorsex

Yes. I have been impressed with your freshman QB. Has a very good arm and seems in control. You should definitely be every game, and the only team other than QB to have a realistic chance of knocking off Holy Cross.

CHIP72
October 11th, 2021, 11:36 AM

xdeadhorsex

Ironically, it is very possible the game that costs Lafayette the Patriot League autobid to the FCS playoffs will be a game they lost 42-41.

IslandPard
October 11th, 2021, 12:02 PM
Ironically, it is very possible the game that costs Lafayette the Patriot League autobid to the FCS playoffs will be a game they lost 42-41.

True. I’ll chalk that one up to a horrible miss by the refs, not Garrett. Although he was super giddy after a loss.

TheValleyRaider
October 11th, 2021, 09:18 PM
Not a bad week last week, 3-1, but that one of course had to be the 'Gate. Still, settling into a stronger rhythm so far, plus unbeaten in conference game picks. 22-12 for the season, let's get to it.

Colgate at Cornell Colgate Underwhelming matchup between two local rivals. Colgate may have some wins under their belt, but Big Red has had some competitive showings. Given the uncertainty of our quarterback position, I'm more nervous about this one than usual. That's mostly because anything that's even close to losing that game makes me nervous. The less-than-impressive 2019 side still beat Ivy A&M, and I'll pick the same again for Friday under the lights. Clear eyes, full hearts, you know how it goes.

Lafayette at Harvard Harvard Crimson are unbeaten and look more like their title-contending teams than some of the more recent editions. The Leopards, meanwhile, are riding relatively high, winning two of their last three (and falling just short in the other). If Harvard is actually an Ivy contender, then perhaps they should handle Lafayette. I think the Leopards are feeling good, and make a game of it, but that's not the same as winning.

Bucknell at Fordham Fordham Speaking of riding high, that's three straight for the Rams after an 0-fer start. Looking ahead, the Bison, Mountain Hawks, and Hoyas are next on the schedule, so if the Rams stay focused they could be riding a 6-game streak into their meeting with the Crusaders. They should not, though, look past Bucknell. The Bison may have struggled this year, but it wasn't that long ago the two teams clashed in tight, title-deciding games. Wait, that was 2014? Ah, well, maybe Bucknell makes this one interesting.

Georgetown at Holy Cross Holy Cross The Crusaders have had two weeks to smart from their thumping by the Cantabs. In an odd twist, the Crusaders are now 0-2 in the Woo, 3-0 on the road. Georgetown has also had two weeks to think about where their season is going. They've been getting closer to a win in the three games since their opener, but close doesn't get you anything. Crusaders should get a win at Fitton, which could be their only one of the season (Colgate is at the baseball field, and Lafayette should feel competitive).

DFW HOYA
October 11th, 2021, 10:04 PM
Georgetown at Holy Cross Holy Cross The Crusaders have had two weeks to smart from their thumping by the Cantabs. In an odd twist, the Crusaders are now 0-2 in the Woo, 3-0 on the road. Georgetown has also had two weeks to think about where their season is going. They've been getting closer to a win in the three games since their opener, but close doesn't get you anything. Crusaders should get a win at Fitton, which could be their only one of the season (Colgate is at the baseball field, and Lafayette should feel competitive).

Georgetown has the fewest yards rushing of any FCS team (179 yards, four games); the only team below than by average is Lehigh. I've long held RB as the role that Georgetown has the most difficulty to fill with the AI and without scholarships--there are only five RB's on the roster and three are graduating in 2022.

Hard to win games without running backs.

ngineer
October 11th, 2021, 10:25 PM
Georgetown has the fewest yards rushing of any FCS team (179 yards, four games); the only team below than by average is Lehigh. I've long held RB as the role that Georgetown has the most difficulty to fill with the AI and without scholarships--there are only five RB's on the roster and three are graduating in 2022.

Hard to win games without running backs.

True, but as Lehigh is showing, you can have some very good RBs, but without an OL you are SOL.xsmiley_wix

kdinva
October 12th, 2021, 09:28 AM
Colgate 28; Cornell 21
Harvard 34; Lafayette 20
Fordham 31; Bucknell 16
Holy Cross 35; Georgetown 17

CHIP72
October 12th, 2021, 09:41 AM
Colgate 28; Cornell 21
Harvard 34; Lafayette 20
Fordham 31; Bucknell 16
Holy Cross 35; Georgetown 17

Bye 0 Lehigh 0

Bogus Megapardus
October 13th, 2021, 05:44 PM
For Your Consideration . . .

Colgate (PK) at Cornell

Yale (-3) at UConn

Princeton (-16.5) at Brown

Fordham (-24.5) vs Bucknell

Dartmouth (PK) at New Hampshire

Harvard (-17.5) vs Lafayette

Holy Cross (-21) vs Georgetown

Columbia (-2.5) vs Penn

Bryant (-3) vs St Francis (PA)

Merrimack (-13.5) at Lawn Guyland

William & Mary (-8.5) at Maine

Dayton (-8.5) vs Marist

Sacred Heart (-10.5) vs Central Connecticut

Campbell (-4.5) vs Monmouth

James Madison (-13.5) at Richmond

Villanova (-13.5) at Albany

Delaware (-5.5) at Stony Brook

Rhode Island (-4) at Towson

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2021, 09:07 PM
17.5 spread in the Lafayette-Harvard game? Seems generous. I’d take the points, but I see Harvard winning by something like 31-17.

Pard4Life
October 13th, 2021, 10:09 PM
Harvard is one of those teams that Lafayette never beats - one win since 2000 I think.

Digby
October 13th, 2021, 10:17 PM
The Lehigh-Penn game is being rebroadcast right now. Watch it!
I feel sympathy for the players. The defense was just toast by the end. They didn’t give up but they had no energy left.
This game was as bad as it gets. Find a replay and wallow in it.

Doc QB
October 14th, 2021, 08:40 AM
The Lehigh-Penn game is being rebroadcast right now. Watch it!
I feel sympathy for the players. The defense was just toast by the end. They didn’t give up but they had no energy left.
This game was as bad as it gets. Find a replay and wallow in it.

The Penn Offense was on the field, if recollection serves, equally as long as the Lehigh D...and ripping off big runs late. Why werent they gassed? Why wasnt Penn's O worn out?

Leopard Loyalist
October 14th, 2021, 10:50 AM
Colgate (2-4) at Cornell (0-4), 7:00 pm (Friday)
Lafayete (2-4) at Harvard (4-0), 1:00 pm
Bucknell (1-4) at Fordham (3-3), 1:00 pm
Georgetown (1-3) at Holy Cross (3-2), 1:30 pm

UNHWildcat18
October 14th, 2021, 11:33 AM
Bye week 37 Lehigh 0

ngineer
October 14th, 2021, 01:04 PM
The Penn Offense was on the field, if recollection serves, equally as long as the Lehigh D...and ripping off big runs late. Why werent they gassed? Why wasnt Penn's O worn out?

Depth? I know we've sorely missed Hafner, now going on four weeks. I know there were several opportunities to tackle the runners at the LOS, but reaching and grabbing aint going to bring down a strong 215lb back. Probably a mental/psych aspect as well at that stage of the game. This week off is probably sorely needed for all aspects. I would hope the OC could come up with some schemes that better suit our personnel. The lack of a running game, despite having some good RBs, is a shame.

Franks Tanks
October 14th, 2021, 02:49 PM

The Penn D didn’t really have to exert themselves to stop Lehigh.

Ivytalk
October 14th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Harvard is one of those teams that Lafayette never beats - one win since 2000 I think.

And stop with the reverse psychology already!xshhhx

ngineer
October 15th, 2021, 12:57 PM
The Penn D didn’t really have to exert themselves to stop Lehigh.

True dat. We've been stopping ourselves with regularity. smh.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 15th, 2021, 08:11 PM
Forgot there was a Friday night game...ruh-roh...

I would have taken Colgate 24-21ish.....
Harvard 27 Lafayette 20
Fordham 41 Bucknell 24
Holy Cross 31 Georgetown 21

crusader11
October 15th, 2021, 09:44 PM
Bucknell isn’t scoring 24 GLTUO.

HC also beats Georgetown by more than ten.

TheValleyRaider
October 16th, 2021, 07:06 AM
Well, Colgate's hockey teams are a combined 11-0, 7-0 for the women, 4-0 for the men (first time since 2004).

So we got that going for us, which is nice

Remise
October 16th, 2021, 10:14 AM
Well, Colgate's hockey teams are a combined 11-0, 7-0 for the women, 4-0 for the men (first time since 2004).

So we got that going for us, which is nice

That's the spirit! To think how much has changed for this team in just three years...

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2021, 10:46 AM
Forgot there was a Friday night game...ruh-roh...

I would have taken Colgate 24-21ish.....
Harvard 27 Lafayette 20
Fordham 41 Bucknell 24
Holy Cross 31 Georgetown 21

Hey what channel is Lafayette game on please? Owl you going to watch?

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2021, 11:07 AM
Hey what channel is Lafayette game on please?

Trick question... it's not on any!! It's on that clown service ESPN+

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Trick question... it's not on any!! It's on that clown service ESPN+

Ok I got ESPN+ but what number channel on ESPN+

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2021, 11:11 AM

And stop with the reverse psychology already!xshhhx

Reverse psychology does not exist when it comes to Lafayette vs Ivy League Curse. I checked the record... Pards first played Harvard in 1968, 1969, and then a pause until the early 90s. I think we were actually 2-2 or 2-3 vs Harvard by 1995... have then proceeded to lose EVERY game against Harvard except 2009. Many of them were not even close. 2011 was probably the worst. Sure Harvard was really good those years, but look at Lehigh's record... about .500... much of this has to do with the Tavani factor though. I agree we SHOULD be competitive today, but we won't win for some reason.

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Ok I got ESPN+ but what number channel on ESPN+

Pretty sure it's streaming only via ESPN.com/Watch ESPN, not on a numbered channel. I do not know much about the streaming options other than through the ESPN app or website.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 16th, 2021, 11:48 AM
Hey what channel is Lafayette game on please? Owl you going to watch?

I'm definitely going to watch a soon as I get home!

I can't remember a fall Saturday when Temple, Lehigh, Notre Dame and Penn State (not a fan but an interested observer) were all on a bye!

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2021, 12:01 PM
ESPN - Everlasting Sports Push Network

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2021, 12:29 PM
When did Leopards go to just their numbers on helmets????

IslandPard
October 16th, 2021, 12:44 PM
When did Leopards go to just their numbers on helmets????

Today, per their instagram post.

BTW, Garrett sucks at calling an offense.

xdeadhorsex

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2021, 12:49 PM
Today, per their instagram post.

BTW, Garrett sucks at calling an offense.

xdeadhorsex

We better get something going QUICK! O Line looks like its being beaten bad on a lot of plays. Damn Marco had that fumble!

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2021, 12:52 PM
Interception by Preston Forney!!! Sophomore!

DFW HOYA
October 16th, 2021, 12:54 PM
A summary of Georgetown's history in the Patriot League, in two series:

Hoyas: 13 plays to the HC 34. On 4th and 1, loses 5.
Crusaders: Three consecutive runs totaling 49 yards, score on a 13 yard TD pass on 3rd down.

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2021, 01:22 PM
Seems like that 17.5 spread might be light.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 16th, 2021, 01:32 PM
Harvard 20 Lafayette 3 Half

Harvard really THAT good? Lafayette has hung tough with everyone they've played and that includes two decent/pretty good CAA teams.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 16th, 2021, 01:33 PM
Seems like that 17.5 spread might be light.

Indeed! I honestly thought Lafayette would keep this in the 10 point range. Still 30 minutes left...for better or for worse xembarrassedx

DFW HOYA
October 16th, 2021, 01:35 PM
Zero Scholarships 0
Sixty Scholarships 21
10:00 2nd

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 16th, 2021, 01:37 PM
Fordham 45 Bucknell 14 1:18 2Q

Fordham is the most talented team in the league. Does that mean they will beat Holy Cross?

The Rams are going to beat Lehigh by 50 next week.....

IslandPard
October 16th, 2021, 02:05 PM
Harvard 20 Lafayette 3 Half

Harvard really THAT good? Lafayette has hung tough with everyone they've played and that includes two decent/pretty good CAA teams.

Lafayette is without at least 2 starters on the Oline.

DFW HOYA
October 16th, 2021, 02:06 PM
Year 21 of the Rebuilding Effort 0
2020 PL Champions 28
Halftime

Can someone explain how this gets better?

crusader11
October 16th, 2021, 02:11 PM
Year 21 of the Rebuilding Effort 0
2020 PL Champions 28
Halftime

Can someone explain how this gets better?

Step one would be Georgetown giving a damn about the program.

DFW HOYA
October 16th, 2021, 02:14 PM
Step one would be Georgetown giving a damn about the program.

People do, but the PL rules are an absolute firewall to success. I've said it before--if you can't recruit, you can't compete.

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2021, 02:14 PM
Turnover on opening kickoff for 2nd half by Lafayette and then an interception of Davis. 10 Harvard points, latter TD and the rout is on 30-3.

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2021, 02:25 PM
Lafayette is without at least 2 starters on the Oline.

who is out

Fordham
October 16th, 2021, 02:31 PM
I’m here. Wow, Bucknell is really bad

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2021, 02:35 PM
I guess we can go back to the "L" on helmet next week instead of the numbers?

crusader11
October 16th, 2021, 02:35 PM
People do, but the PL rules are an absolute firewall to success. I've said it before--if you can't recruit, you can't compete.

What’s stopping Georgetown from recruiting like Holy Cross?

Fordham
October 16th, 2021, 02:37 PM

A supportive administration?

Digby
October 16th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Maybe we don’t need a Lafayette board quite yet.
Maybe after basketball season after St. Fran bumbles through another mediocre year.

crusader11
October 16th, 2021, 02:45 PM
A supportive administration?

Exactly. Not sure why DFW is pinning Georgetown's inability to recruit on the PL.

IslandPard
October 16th, 2021, 02:51 PM
who is out

Roberts and Olmstead.

Sader87
October 16th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Harvard is very solid...top 4 Ivies (Dartmouth, Princeton, Yale and Harvard) are very good this year.

DFW HOYA
October 16th, 2021, 02:58 PM

https://www.mka.org/uploaded/college_counseling/Publications/AI_Guidelines_Worksheet.pdf

If you can't recruit, you can't compete.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 16th, 2021, 03:08 PM
Harvard is very solid...top 4 Ivies (Dartmouth, Princeton, Yale and Harvard) are very good this year.

The depth of quality within the IL is impressive. The Ancient 8 has always been capable of producing one legit Top 20 team( Top 10 every so often) year in and year out; similar to the PL. Now the league has 3-4 teams each season who among the Top 40 in FCS.

I wish they weren't so insular with their scheduling. This myopic approach doesn't define their talent/quality like far too many on here believe. It simply fails to showcase it...

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2021, 03:09 PM
Final Harvard 30 Lafayette 3

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 16th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Final Harvard 30 Lafayette 3

Harvard has beat up on Holy Cross and Lafayette. Pretty impressive imo....

- - - Updated - - -

Fordham 66 Bucknell 14 5:20 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 16th, 2021, 03:23 PM
Fordham 66 Bucknell 21 Final

Digby
October 16th, 2021, 04:14 PM
The league is actually very interesting. The quality is like a dumbbell bond this year. Teams at the top. Teams at the bottom. Not much in between.
Two races: to the top and to the bottom.
Fordham’s talent appears to be learning to play together.

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2021, 05:44 PM
The league is actually very interesting.

You must be new here...

No it isn't... not competitive except for three teams and poor OOC performance.

Digby
October 16th, 2021, 07:00 PM
You must be new here...

No it isn't... not competitive except for three teams and poor OOC performance.

Oh it’s awful. It’s at the same time an interesting case of organizational behavior, where Lafayette puts lifetime losers on pedestals and the league office is in Dream Land. They sincerely think this is the best of all worlds.

Plus in our own warped way, every game does matter with our two-direction race.
Few leagues are like that.
Bucknell versus Lehigh has taken on epic importance.
Where else could that happen?
GO PATRIOT LEAGUE!