PDA

View Full Version : W&M Tribe football season preview

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 27th, 2007, 10:19 AM
http://thetribehasspoken.net/2007/08/27/tribe-football-season-preview/

Tribe4SF
August 27th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Good job on the write-up, TTHS. Lissemore is solid at DT, and expect a breakout year for him. He came on strong at the end of '06, and has added size and strength, now playing at 271. If Caldwell adapts to the Strong Safety spot (he played quite a bit at Corner last year) he has the physical tools to be a standout. Max Harris is being pushed by true Freshman Terrell Wells for one CB spot.

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 27th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Is it Thursday yet?

Thanks for that, I thought Harris was more secure. I like what he brings to the table.

GannonFan
August 27th, 2007, 01:58 PM
I brought it up in the smack thread, but a question about Livingston - there appears to be a lot of hope that he'll be a stud because he's already being called "the quarterback" of the defensive secondary. Isn't he supposed to be that just because of the position that he plays? The safety is always the QB of the defensive secondary - the corners are too busy with actual coverage and aren't in the middle of the field anyway like the safety is. And besides, that's just 4 guys we're talking about anyway - somebody needs to QB that group. Not to nitpick, but I saw that reference elsewhere as well and it seems like a routine statement is being made out to be a lot more than it is. Hey, he may end up being a stud, we'll start to find out on Thursday, but I think optimism is reading too much into the statement. xpeacex

Tribe4SF
August 27th, 2007, 02:11 PM
GF,

You have way too much free time.;)

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 27th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I was quoting the media guide.

He is not the best player in the secondary.

GannonFan
August 27th, 2007, 02:32 PM
I was quoting the media guide.

He is not the best player in the secondary.

Didn't say he was, but there seems to be hype about him just because he was referred to as the QB of the secondary, and my point was that he is by virtue of his position.

GannonFan
August 27th, 2007, 02:33 PM
GF,

You have way too much free time.;)

I am obsessed. ;)

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 27th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Well when a I-A transfer(or BCS, whatever) comes in and wins a spot in the spring that had solid competition, there will be hype.

And I could make the case that a linebacker would be the QB of the defense.

GannonFan
August 27th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Well when a I-A transfer(or BCS, whatever) comes in and wins a spot in the spring that had solid competition, there will be hype.

And I could make the case that a linebacker would be the QB of the defense.

And you would be right - doesn't mean he's a great linebacker, but that's what the position calls for.

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 27th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Then wouldn't it say something if a SS is the QB of the defense?

GannonFan
August 27th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Then wouldn't it say something if a SS is the QB of the defense?

The other place I read that quote called him the QB of the defensive secondary - I think it was in the local paper down there. QB of the defense is more impressive, QB of the secondary is just a function of the position, IMO.

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Nobody said he was the Qb of the Secondary.

Unless I made a mistake, everything has said QB of the defense.xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 27th, 2007, 02:54 PM
The other place I read that quote called him the QB of the defensive secondary - I think it was in the local paper down there. QB of the defense is more impressive, QB of the secondary is just a function of the position, IMO.If you could find that it would be awesome.

I think it may have been what WMTribe90 posted and you challenged on GoHens.

GannonFan
August 27th, 2007, 03:03 PM
If you could find that it would be awesome.

I think it may have been what WMTribe90 posted and you challenged on GoHens.

It was there and he said it was a reference to a statement made in the W&M media guide - he used the words "qb of the secondary" so I took it from there. He may have misquoted but I didn't check. The thread is on the 2nd page on that site under W&M scouting report if you need it.

Tribe4SF
August 28th, 2007, 06:16 AM
GEEZ!!!

Quote from the Media Guide on Livingston...

"Transfer who is comming off an excellent spring practice season after joining the program last semester...Secured a starting role at free safety and will act as quarterback of the DEFENSE...

PIRATETIZED1
August 28th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Well written article......! The best of luck to ya' this season!!

It'll be great if the Tribe gets their winning "swagger" back. There's a Team waiting for ya' 44 miles down Interstate 64 that has not forgotten there's some "payback" that has to surface for some past deeds of de' TRIBE. So whenever y'all get it together...! Just pick up the phone, we'll be there, 'cause we'll be around! xnodx xnodx

Have a good season!

PIRATETIZED xcoolx
------------------------------------------------------
HAMPTON UNIVERSITY - “…Of Service To God and Our Nation…”

Tribe4SF
August 28th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Well written article......! The best of luck to ya' this season!!

It'll be great if the Tribe gets their winning "swagger" back. There's a Team waiting for ya' 44 miles down Interstate 64 that has not forgotten there's some "payback" that has to surface for some past deeds of de' TRIBE. So whenever y'all get it together...! Just pick up the phone, we'll be there, 'cause we'll be around! xnodx xnodx

Have a good season!

PIRATETIZED xcoolx

Sure would love to have another playoff matchup with the Pirates. You guys look poised to return, but we're a long shot this year. Talent in the true and redshirt freshmen classes have us hopeful for next year.

Get another home playoff this year so I can come down. UNH game last year was terrific, and I love tailgating with Pirate fans.

PIRATETIZED1
August 28th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Tribe4SF
Sure would love to have another playoff matchup with the Pirates. You guys look poised to return, but we're a long shot this year. Talent in the true and redshirt freshmen classes have us hopeful for next year.

Get another home playoff this year so I can come down. UNH game last year was terrific, and I love tailgating with Pirate fans.

I hear ya' T4SF.......

You can ask the beautiful people from UNH, how we treated them "B4 & after" they "kicked our 'boo-tay' " in last year's 1st round playoff game.
There's no question, we know how to treat our guest....And just wait 'til we complete our brand new $40 million Dining Facility....Y'all will be dining
Triple 1st Class....!!!!!!

PIRATETIZED xcoolx