PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Attendance

Ivytalk
October 2nd, 2021, 02:17 PM
8,177 at Franklin Field witnessed Dartmouth steamrolling Penn on Friday night.

Ivytalk
October 2nd, 2021, 05:04 PM
10,023 at Fitton saw Harvard beat HC

SFA 93
October 2nd, 2021, 09:01 PM
25,007 BOTPW

Ivytalk
October 3rd, 2021, 05:29 AM
2,887 lost souls with nothing better to do found their way to Lewisburg for Bucknell’s win over Cornell.

Go Green
October 3rd, 2021, 05:42 AM
8,177 at Franklin Field witnessed Dartmouth steamrolling Penn on Friday night.

Twice as much as showed up the last time Dartmouth played at Franklin Field on a Friday night in 2017. But still could have been better....

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2021, 05:45 AM
2,887 lost souls with nothing better to do found their way to Lewisburg for Bucknell’s win over Cornell.

one of the few games I didn’t check in on yesterday

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2021, 07:23 AM
..........18,080.....SUN DRENCHED & QUIET.......PARENTS DAY CROWD.......OWNLAH DERE TA SEE MISSY O' JUNIOR'S DORM ROOM....& TA HIT UP.....MAIN STREET EATERIES......DEN FRIG NEW-ARK......DRIVIN'' BACK TA LONG ISLAND..........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2021, 07:52 AM
..........18,080.....SUN DRENCHED & QUIET.......PARENTS DAY CROWD.......OWNLAH DERE TA SEE MISSY O' JUNIOR'S DORM ROOM....& TA HIT UP.....MAIN STREET EATERIES......DEN FRIG NEW-ARK......DRIVIN'' BACK TA LONG ISLAND..........BRAWK!

near the new lower capacity for the modified Delaware Stadium

Rip Van Rocco puts the fans in a Club Ambien dream like state

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2021, 08:18 AM

......TRUER WORDS.....xsighxxsighxxsighx......BRAWK!

Tank Edwards
October 3rd, 2021, 11:47 AM
14,473 at the Dana yesterday watching the Jackrabbits in the Beef Bowl

Sitting Bull
October 3rd, 2021, 11:51 AM
CAA Games

Rhode Island 5,778
Richmond. 8,201
Delaware. 18,080
New Hampshire. 17,323

katss07
October 3rd, 2021, 12:41 PM
25,007 at the Battle of the Piney Woods

Ivytalk
October 3rd, 2021, 01:02 PM
Twice as much as showed up the last time Dartmouth played at Franklin Field on a Friday night in 2017. But still could have been better....

That will probably be Penn’s biggest crowd of the season, except for maybe Princeton.

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2021, 01:16 PM
20,127, including myself and the ladyfriend, watched MSU handle NoCo.

Henny
October 3rd, 2021, 01:57 PM

It's all true. The performance of football team at UD is a low priority in the grand scheme. Main St was packed with students and parents all weekend.

BlueGoldAg
October 3rd, 2021, 04:22 PM
11,622 watched the Aggies win a close battle at UC Davis over a tough Idaho team 27-20.

Katfan
October 3rd, 2021, 08:45 PM

What did Delaware draw back in their heyday.

caribbeanhen
October 3rd, 2021, 08:56 PM
What did Delaware draw back in their heyday.

over 20,000 and upwards of 22,000 but the capacity now is just under 19,000

Ivytalk
October 3rd, 2021, 09:03 PM
7,944 at EWU for the Griz game

MTfan4life
October 3rd, 2021, 09:30 PM
Merrimack had an insane number. Over 12,000 on Homecoming against Duquesne. According to their site, their seating capacity is just under 4,000.

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2021, 09:48 PM
Merrimack had an insane number. Over 12,000 on Homecoming against Duquesne. According to their site, their seating capacity is just under 4,000.

.....WHERE WAS DUH FIRE MARSHALL??...........8,000 SRO's......IS UH TAD HARD....TA....IMAGINE........AWK!

Catbooster
October 3rd, 2021, 10:26 PM
7,944 at EWU for the Griz game
I was surprised their attendance was so low, but I heard that EWU had jacked up their ticket prices for this game. Is that right? Anyone know what happened?

UAalum72
October 3rd, 2021, 11:01 PM
Unpossible. Their video doesn't show the main bleachers, but there was almost nobody on the far side patio, and the end zone bleachers weren't full. The game and tailgates were sold out, so they must have counted anybody who showed up on campus for homecoming. School has 5200 students including graduate students.

https://youtu.be/cbaUVNWprTM

ElCid
October 3rd, 2021, 11:57 PM
12,097, sold out with SRO sold as well, to watch The Citadel reclaim the Silver Shako from VMI. Oh, if we could just get our visitors side rebuilt. Half a stadium is annoying.

gofurman
October 4th, 2021, 12:48 AM
Furman has actually been averaging over 10,000 in attendance per home game despite having an undergrad enrollment of 2,700. Averaging 4 times your enrollment in attendance is not easy !! Most schools have 10,000 students and average maybe 5k to 14 k attendance ( or, put another way, I bet most schools average an attendance around the undergrad enrollment?

is that right? I know at some schools it is. They have 12 k and get 12k to attend the game

Sitting Bull
October 4th, 2021, 08:09 AM
Unpossible. Their video doesn't show the main bleachers, but there was almost nobody on the far side patio, and the end zone bleachers weren't full. The game and tailgates were sold out, so they must have counted anybody who showed up on campus for homecoming. School has 5200 students including graduate students.

https://youtu.be/cbaUVNWprTM

It must be a NH thing. At UNH, who reported over 17,000 in a stadium capacity about 11,000, the tally as has been explained to me are the tickets sold to tailgate. The majority don’t even go into the stadium area. What I don’t know is whether you buy a parking/tailgate ticket let’s you in the stadium or do you need something in addition?

Any way you slice it, the reported numbers are obviously disingenuous for a metric who is sitting in the stadium watching the game.

kalm
October 4th, 2021, 09:08 AM
I was surprised their attendance was so low, but I heard that EWU had jacked up their ticket prices for this game. Is that right? Anyone know what happened?

Not sure. I know it was a sell out and with temp seating it approaches 12,000. New ticketing manager? Late kickoff? Some never made it out of the tailgate?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 4th, 2021, 09:32 AM
It must be a NH thing. At UNH, who reported over 17,000 in a stadium capacity about 11,000, the tally as has been explained to me are the tickets sold to tailgate. The majority don’t even go into the stadium area. What I don’t know is whether you buy a parking/tailgate ticket let’s you in the stadium or do you need something in addition?

Any way you slice it, the reported numbers are obviously disingenuous for a metric who is sitting in the stadium watching the game.

An actual game ticket is sold. Every occupant in a vehicle is supposed to have a game ticket to enter Boulder Field tailgating area. Students have to get one of those QR things to enter the game as well as in theory Boulder Field. I think the UNH count is tickets sold and those registered for by students.

I acknowledge that the figure doesn't represent butts in the seats, but I believe the NCAA allows tickets sold as an attendance criteria. I wish more of them came into the stadium, but they pay significantly higher ticket and parking prices for Homecoming which by my estimate is a serious revenue boost for the Athletic Department. A general admission game ticket was $40. I heard people say they paid $75 for a parking pass.

Sitting Bull
October 4th, 2021, 09:42 AM
What do they do if they all decide to get into the stadium? It’s almost twice as many tickets as seats.

BDKJMU
October 4th, 2021, 11:36 AM
An actual game ticket is sold. Every occupant in a vehicle is supposed to have a game ticket to enter Boulder Field tailgating area. Students have to get one of those QR things to enter the game as well as in theory Boulder Field. I think the UNH count is tickets sold and those registered for by students.

I acknowledge that the figure doesn't represent butts in the seats, but I believe the NCAA allows tickets sold as an attendance criteria. I wish more of them came into the stadium, but they pay significantly higher ticket and parking prices for Homecoming which by my estimate is a serious revenue boost for the Athletic Department. A general admission game ticket was $40. I heard people say they paid $75 for a parking pass.
My Gen admission was $35.

Yeah, that Boulder Field and 'A Lot' were both $75 parking pass that had to order beforehand. I thought the rules were the same for both lots, everyone in car had to have a game ticket. According to UNH website those lots are $20 for other games.

17,323 lol. From my vantage point looked like at peak 3/4+ full on the home side, fraction full on the visitors, maybe 7kish tops in the stadium.

Go Green
October 4th, 2021, 12:05 PM
That will probably be Penn’s biggest crowd of the season, except for maybe Princeton.

I think that's a sound guess.

There probably were more than a few Penn students in attendance last Friday night who left thinking "I have better things to do than watch my school's team get pounded."

ASU33
October 4th, 2021, 01:33 PM
SWAC Attendance week 5

Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Prairie View A&M
Attendance: N/A

Bethune Cookman at South Carolina State
Attendance: 6,153

Alabama A&M at Grambling
Attendance: 6,714

Alabama State at Florida A&M
Attendance: 21,087

North American at Texas Southern
Attendance: 6,982

North Carolina Central at Mississippi Valley State
Attendance: 3,000

KPSUL
October 4th, 2021, 05:58 PM

Although a homecoming parking pass for your car for Boulder Field costs $75, You can't get into a tailgating approved parking lot without a game ticket for each vehicle occupant. General admission tickets cost $40, seat back $55. and Boulder Field sold out weeks ago. The University will sell way more General Admission tickets than there are seats. So a car, with 4 occupants costs a a minimum of $235 for homecoming. if you want to tailgate and never enter the stadium, I'm perfectly fine with the Athletic Dept. getting all that revenue.

Pards Rule
October 15th, 2021, 09:18 AM

Yeah, I think its disingenious to do tickets sold. I remember 10 years ago on Oct 29th, 2011 going to a Bucknell at Lafayette game in an early snow with a good 6-8 wet inches in the stands. The "attendance" was listed at 3K+ but if 300 folks were in the stands as it snowed the first half before stopping at halftime. Wow a decade already! And I have I guess what you would call a very very rare program from the game!

UNHWildcat18
October 15th, 2021, 10:01 AM
What do they do if they all decide to get into the stadium? It’s almost twice as many tickets as seats.

Have a big standing room only area lol. I couldn't care less that UNH doesn't implement some counting system for tickets sold and tickets entered into stadium. It's disingenuous, but still a truth for total tickets sold. More tickets sold and higher attendance numbers is good for the school in terms of money and in terms of media outlets, which only helps the program, so I am all for it. I wish we could re-do the away side and put the student section back in the endzone(help fill some more of that 17k in xthumbsupx), unfortunately we don't have an alfond family in NH