PDA

View Full Version : Up-To-Date FCS Map Now Available

ElCid
September 19th, 2021, 04:46 PM
All,
Considering all the changes going on with schools jumping around conferences, and news school joining the FCS, and leaving, I thought it time to create a new map. Not sure who did the last one about ten years ago, but I took a jab at it. I put some notes as I understood them about the WAC and ASUN. Ursus put it up as a google doc so anyone can grab it, so a public shout to him for the assist.

Here is the link to download it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xk5-G8d3yfsxG2HTGUDGPWNlhRFZjvkP/view?usp=sharing

If anyone feels the need to correct anything like location (I did the best I could) or the name of a school, or anything of that nature, let me know and I will correct it. We will obviously need a new one next year as things change even more.

Hope it helps everyone visualize where everyone is located especially for those wanting to discuss all this realignment going on.

ElCid

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2021, 04:56 PM
Great work man. It makes this place great that users just jump in and see an area that they can do something...and do it. If I can find our old google map I'll put the link up so users can augment and change (with permissions) the thing and maybe we can have a frequently update version too.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2021, 05:41 PM
By the way to all out there, I have changed the sticky threads in the FCS forum area. I re titled a former thread and I compiled several other stickies, and this thread into a new one titled:

Useful FCS Stuff...
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?150610-Useful-FCS-Stuff-You-Should-Know&p=2084307#post2084307

Hammerhead
September 19th, 2021, 06:54 PM
You could make Minnesota grey like the other states with no FCS team even though the Dakota schools are close to Minnesota.

ElCid
September 19th, 2021, 07:02 PM
You could make Minnesota grey like the other states with no FCS team even though the Dakota schools are close to Minnesota.

And what would the St Thomas folks think?

SpartanLegion
February 25th, 2022, 08:59 AM
All,
Considering all the changes going on with schools jumping around conferences, and news school joining the FCS, and leaving, I thought it time to create a new map. Not sure who did the last one about ten years ago, but I took a jab at it. I put some notes as I understood them about the WAC and ASUN. Ursus put it up as a google doc so anyone can grab it, so a public shout to him for the assist.

Here is the link to download it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xk5-G8d3yfsxG2HTGUDGPWNlhRFZjvkP/view?usp=sharing

If anyone feels the need to correct anything like location (I did the best I could) or the name of a school, or anything of that nature, let me know and I will correct it. We will obviously need a new one next year as things change even more.

Hope it helps everyone visualize where everyone is located especially for those wanting to discuss all this realignment going on.

ElCid

Awesome map! And it's color coded!

SpartanLegion
February 25th, 2022, 09:02 AM
Shoot,,,,,,looking at the map,,,,,,some of the states could have their own in state conference!

SpartanLegion
February 25th, 2022, 09:04 AM
Shoot,,,,,,looking at the map,,,,,,some of the states could have their own in state conference!

- - - Updated - - -

ElCid
February 25th, 2022, 09:20 AM
Awesome map! And it's color coded!

Thanks! I keep getting ready to update and then another shoe drops. LOL. Might have to wait another month or two.

WestCoastAggie
February 25th, 2022, 09:33 AM

Yep.

BEAR
February 25th, 2022, 10:07 AM
Interesting the note below the map says "Atlantic Sun". I've never heard it called that. ASUN is all I've heard. I think I recall the commish of the ASUN say it's called the ASUN. I'll have to do some more digging to find out what it's called. xlolx

ElCid
February 25th, 2022, 10:50 AM
Interesting the note below the map says "Atlantic Sun". I've never heard it called that. ASUN is all I've heard. I think I recall the commish of the ASUN say it's called the ASUN. I'll have to do some more digging to find out what it's called. xlolx

It was the Atlantic Sun from 2001-2016. I guess they paid some PR firm a bazillion dollars for the idea to rebrand to just ASUN, which now stands for ... nothing in particular apparently. I'll change it.

UAalum72
February 25th, 2022, 12:37 PM
There's no "e" in Stony Brook. There's only one "e" and two "a"s in Sacramento

Also "Long Island Post" looks weird. The campus web site says "LIU Post" but the athletics site says "Official Website of the LIU Sharks" and all the athletics are under the Long Island University banner.

aceinthehole
February 25th, 2022, 03:05 PM
There's no "e" in Stony Brook. There's only one "e" and two "a"s in Sacramento

Also "Long Island Post" looks weird. The campus web site says "LIU Post" but the athletics site says "Official Website of the LIU Sharks" and all the athletics are under the Long Island University banner.

Correct. The official branding for LIU is now simply "Long Island"

ElCid
February 25th, 2022, 04:55 PM
Great, thanks guys. Keep em coming and I'll update those with the rest of the musical chairs.

katss07
February 25th, 2022, 07:13 PM
By the time next season rolls around Dixie State will be Utah Tech University.

EKU05
March 7th, 2022, 02:32 PM

As a fan of an ASUN school, I don't have any issue with people still using the full "Atlantic Sun." I don't have any problem with branding as the "A-Sun", but the way they capitalize it all feels a little silly considering it's not initials or an acronym or anything.

BEAR
March 8th, 2022, 10:39 AM
As a fan of an ASUN school, I don't have any issue with people still using the full "Atlantic Sun." I don't have any problem with branding as the "A-Sun", but the way they capitalize it all feels a little silly considering it's not initials or an acronym or anything.

Since this is UCA's first year in the ASUN I hadn't kept up with this particular conference, honestly I had only heard it called Atlantic Sun like YEARS ago. I didn't know it was still around. But that's probably more me not keeping up with EVERY conference name change...xlolx

McCowboys
March 15th, 2022, 01:24 PM
Updates needed: UIW will be in the WAC beginning in July. Texas A&M - Commerce will be moving up from Division II and joining the Southland Conference in July.
My apologies if this has already been noted.