PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire

acbearkat
September 19th, 2021, 04:20 PM
The Wildcats were one of the teams I had a chance to watch this weekend and came away impressed with how they played against Lafayette. Outside of not having a kicker, the Wildcats look like they could be a playoff contender. Unfortunately, due to the Colonial’s deal with FloSports, I won’t be watching their conference games. I watched as much of the game as I could in between things I needed to take care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KPSUL
September 19th, 2021, 04:49 PM
The Wildcats were one of the teams I had a chance to watch this weekend and came away impressed with how they played against Lafayette. Outside of not having a kicker, the Wildcats look like they could be a playoff contender. Unfortunately, due to the Colonial’s deal with FloSports, I won’t be watching their conference games. I watched as much of the game as I could in between things I needed to take care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We play FBS & ACC Pittsburg this upcoming Saturday, and since it is not a conference game it will be on ESPN+ Chances are we will be trying to survive as much as thrive in that one. Lafayette's defense put up a good effort and our guys came out a bit flat. The UNH offense has been more productive so far this season, but our defense has been good throughout the no playoffs years of 2018 and 19. Yesterday FCS co-defensive player of the week (Week 1) Safety Pop Bush, didn't play vs. Lafayette due to an ankle sprain, I think he may be back for JMU in two weeks.

JMU seems to be firing on all cylinders right now, but we've always played them well up at our place - to include the two games they've played in NH since they have been making championship runs. In 2016, the year they won the FCS Championship, we probably gave them the closest game they played against FCS competition: 42-39. We beat them in 2018 - that year we had the worst record in Coach McDonnell's 20 year head coaching career. Unfortunately that one will be on FLO Sports also.

HensRock
September 19th, 2021, 05:29 PM
I wish the CAA would drop FloSports. The quality is really hit or miss on most of their broadcasts. Wouldn't mind just doing ESPN+ like most other FCS.

grayghost06
September 19th, 2021, 09:59 PM
We play FBS & ACC Pittsburg this upcoming Saturday, and since it is not a conference game it will be on ESPN+ Chances are we will be trying to survive as much as thrive in that one. Lafayette's defense put up a good effort and our guys came out a bit flat. The UNH offense has been more productive so far this season, but our defense has been good throughout the no playoffs years of 2018 and 19. Yesterday FCS co-defensive player of the week (Week 1) Safety Pop Bush, didn't play vs. Lafayette due to an ankle sprain, I think he may be back for JMU in two weeks.

JMU seems to be firing on all cylinders right now, but we've always played them well up at our place - to include the two games they've played in NH since they have been making championship runs. In 2016, the year they won the FCS Championship, we probably gave them the closest game they played against FCS competition: 42-39. We beat them in 2018 - that year we had the worst record in Coach McDonnell's 20 year head coaching career. Unfortunately that one will be on FLO Sports also.

Flo is so bad on many levels. CAA commish must have gotten a nice kickback for that crap deal. We at JMU were very against it...our conference mates voted it in though, 9-1 (JMU against).

And don't sell yourself short against Pitt. UNH has had its share of FBS upsets and Pitt just lost to Western Michigan.

Libertine
September 20th, 2021, 08:10 AM
Pitt just lost to Western Michigan.

Which is probably the worst thing that could have happened for UNH's chances.

Pards Rule
September 20th, 2021, 09:25 AM
Which is probably the worst thing that could have happened for UNH's chances.

First thing I thought when I saw score and spread

MR. CHICKEN
September 20th, 2021, 11:32 AM
.....ANYONE KNOW....WHEN INK RUNS OUT......ON CAA/FLO CONTRACT?........COMCAST ADVERTISED UD/RUTGERS ON BIG10 714.........BUT THEY WERE SHOWIN'....IOWA/KENT STATE........AWK!

UNHWildcat18
September 20th, 2021, 11:42 AM
1. FLO sports sucks
2. Lafayette probably has the best D in the PL, but I think the cats played rather not well in the heat this weekend.
3. I think we can make the playoffs but we aren't a top 8 team IMO