PDA

View Full Version : Please, I'm begging. :( Say a prayer for HBU's QB.

Panther88
September 19th, 2021, 12:31 AM
He was airlifted from PV's soccer venue earlier tonight and it was not good for him.

I'm never too proud to beg so I'm begging everyone to say a prayer, if you will, for Blaise (Bentsen). I couldn't watch the 2nd half due to witnessing the crying and emotionalism from his mother and father. :(

McNeese72
September 19th, 2021, 08:25 AM
He was airlifted from PV's soccer venue earlier tonight and it was not good for him.

I'm never too proud to beg so I'm begging everyone to say a prayer, if you will, for Blaise (Bentsen). I couldn't watch the 2nd half due to witnessing the crying and emotionalism from his mother and father. :(

I was at the McNeese - Southern game and was out of the loop. What happened? I pray that he will be alright

Doc

POD Knows
September 19th, 2021, 08:37 AM
I am not much of a praying guy but my thoughts go out to him and his family, do you have any updates on his situation?

Pards Rule
September 19th, 2021, 09:12 AM
Of course 88!! Prayers for this young gentlemans full recovery and for his family and friends. Hoping it takes an Adam Taliferro trajectory (look him up if you dont recall his circumstances please. It is a good ending!). Adam has been a member of the NJ state assembly now for a few years from a Camden County NJ based district.

MUHAWKS
September 19th, 2021, 09:18 AM
No doubt man- I hope my post does not come off the wrong way b/c I HATE seeing any injuries, no less serious ones, but why does the game review call it a concussion? Was this a spinal injury (only asking b/c of the post above this) or a blow to head that got worse as minutes went along, similar to what happens to some boxers? I cannot find anything online at all. But prayers up regardless and scary stuff.

Outsider1
September 19th, 2021, 09:32 AM
Prayers out!!

Panther88
September 19th, 2021, 09:54 AM
I was at the McNeese - Southern game and was out of the loop. What happened? I pray that he will be alright

Doc

He sustained some type of head trauma just before half-time which may have translated in him "going cold" (told to me by one of the attending paramedics). :(

It was bad, doc. It didn't help that I felt compelled to console a weeping father from California sitting near me who flew in to watch his son play and his son's ankle was... 3rd qrtr. :(

I didn't watch the last 2 qrtrs of the game because of all the sad emotionalism near me.

I searched everywhere last night until early a.m. hours for some type of report on Blaise.

MUHAWKS
September 19th, 2021, 09:55 AM
Looks like head trauma- this is what I found on Twitter- May God be with him and his family. Please let this kid be well.

https://twitter.com/Coach_JoeyMoss/status/1439434951997394944/photo/1

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 19th, 2021, 10:02 AM
just said a prayer for this young man and his family

caribbeanhen
September 19th, 2021, 10:25 AM
Horrible to read, feel for the parents

prayers up

BEAR
September 19th, 2021, 10:27 AM
Praying here.

Katfan
September 19th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Prayers up! Thanks for sharing because reading the game highlights gave bo clue it was serious.

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2021, 04:10 PM

Done!

Always hate to see a fellow gridiron brother go down.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2021, 04:47 PM
I am sending all my good thought to him and his family.

ysubigred
September 19th, 2021, 05:26 PM
Thoughts and prayers to this young man and his family and friends..

These young men lay it on the line for competition and our entertainment. A prayer and good thoughts is the least I can do..

xprayx

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Panther88
September 20th, 2021, 11:18 AM
I am not much of a praying guy but my thoughts go out to him and his family, do you have any updates on his situation?

Thanks POD.

As of this morning, he's up and spoke with his parents. (great sign) Unsure of the short/long term prognosis of Blaise. Yesterday I tried to contact his parents to offer hotel stay for a few nights/$$$ for food, etc since they are visiting Houston to help care for their son.

Cocky
September 20th, 2021, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the update. Hopefully all goes well

POD Knows
September 20th, 2021, 05:04 PM
Thanks POD.

As of this morning, he's up and spoke with his parents. (great sign) Unsure of the short/long term prognosis of Blaise. Yesterday I tried to contact his parents to offer hotel stay for a few nights/$$$ for food, etc since they are visiting Houston to help care for their son.Kudos to you for trying to reach out to his parents to help, sounds like maybe there is some good news there.

Panther88
September 20th, 2021, 09:18 PM
Kudos to you for trying to reach out to his parents to help, sounds like maybe there is some good news there.

I hope so. Too many would've done likewise if they saw what I saw. :( Gut wrenching.

TheKingpin28
September 20th, 2021, 10:35 PM
Glad to hear he was able to speak to his family. That is always horrible to initially hear about the air lift.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Anthony215
September 21st, 2021, 07:39 AM
Prayers up for a full speedy and safe recovery. As fans sometimes we get so caught up in the Wins/Losses we forget the players are humans and injuries like this can happen on any play and can be life altering.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2021, 08:12 AM
My prayers are for Mr. Bentsen and his family today.

The Yo Show
September 21st, 2021, 08:37 AM
Prayers for this young man and his family.

caribbeanhen
September 21st, 2021, 08:45 AM
Prayers up for a full speedy and safe recovery. As fans sometimes we get so caught up in the Wins/Losses we forget the players are humans and injuries like this can happen on any play and can be life altering.

so true

Pards Rule
September 21st, 2021, 11:03 AM
Any updates on Mr Bentsen?

Panther88
September 21st, 2021, 12:25 PM
Any updates on Mr Bentsen?

Yesterday morning, he was "up and speaking with his parents."

That's the last I got. Unsure of the short/long term prognosis.

Pards Rule
September 21st, 2021, 12:33 PM

Thank u 88

Bisonoline
September 21st, 2021, 01:17 PM

Glad to hear this.

Panther88
September 21st, 2021, 04:25 PM
Glad to hear this.

B~, I couldn't sleep a wink after witnessing the whole ordeal. Totally helpless and wanted to help in any way I could (for his parents' sake). That really shook me.

The rumor mill had Blaise not breathing (allegedly) for a few. W/ the urgent movements of officials and the reaction of his parents just outside the locker-room door and not being permitted to enter, man.... xsmhx

MTfan4life
September 22nd, 2021, 02:45 PM
Here's an update from HBU's athletics website:

https://hbuhuskies.com/news/2021/9/21/football-fb-update-on-quarterback-blaise-bentsen.aspx (https://hbuhuskies.com/news/2021/9/21/football-fb-update-on-quarterback-blaise-bentsen.aspx)

"Blaise had surgery late Saturday night and is recovering well in the hospital," Richie Valdés, HBU Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine & Performance, said. "We are hopeful for his prognosis and thankful for the help and assistance of the Prairie View A&M Police Department and Medical Staff."

Bentsen led the Huskies on a drive to end the first half, when he drew a roughing the passer penalty on his final pass attempt. Following that play, HBU kicked a field goal with no time left on the clock to take a 24-23 lead into the intermission, but he did not return for the second half.

katss07
September 22nd, 2021, 06:49 PM
Bentsen posted a thank you on Twitter for all the support and well wishes. Sounds like he’s on his way to recovery!