PDA

View Full Version : Game Attendance

MR. CHICKEN
September 5th, 2021, 01:15 PM

......DELAWARE @ MAINE......5,548......BRAWK!

Daytripper
September 5th, 2021, 01:26 PM
Sam Houston @ NAU: 8,564

SFA 93
September 5th, 2021, 01:44 PM
Tarleton State @ SFA: 9,000

The Cats
September 5th, 2021, 02:48 PM
SoCon Week 1 Home Attendance:

Furman

WCU

Mercer

UTC

VMI

Samford

Bisonoline
September 5th, 2021, 02:52 PM
NDSU 15K +

dbackjon
September 5th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Sam Houston @ NAU: 8,564

It was a good crowd - loud for the first half - was pleasantly surprised. Only about 25-30 SHSU fans there

THSycamores13
September 5th, 2021, 05:31 PM
Indiana State had a crowd of 5,540. Pretty solid crowd. Very loud and into the game. Felt like more than that.

Panther88
September 5th, 2021, 07:57 PM
PVAMU @ Texas Southern U: (BBVA) 18,927

Bisonoline
September 5th, 2021, 08:02 PM

Damn good turnout.

DFW HOYA
September 5th, 2021, 08:06 PM
Only one of the six PL games was at home: Villanova at Lehigh. Attendance: 4,101.

Road attendance ranged from 4,201 (Bucknell at Sacred Heart) to 85,569 (Fordham at Nebraska).

NY Crusader 2010
September 5th, 2021, 08:42 PM
The fact that SHU outdrew Lehigh this past Saturday is very sad. Especially given that the Engineers were hosting Villanova.

BEAR
September 5th, 2021, 08:43 PM
UCA at Arky lite...15562...but more like 13k

Ivytalk
September 5th, 2021, 08:47 PM
Battle of Greater Houston

caribbeanhen
September 5th, 2021, 08:57 PM

Hey Ivy, I heard those bulldogs looked good Friday night

DFW HOYA
September 5th, 2021, 09:11 PM
The fact that SHU outdrew Lehigh this past Saturday is very sad. Especially given that the Engineers were hosting Villanova.

25 years ago, Lehigh averaged 10,350 a game.

Panther88
September 6th, 2021, 09:09 AM

Meh, possibly, I guess. We outnumbered them in their home stadium.

Our constituents & fanbase have an interest to "battle" houston, huntsville, beaumont, and nacogdoches. We, in total, have absolutely no interest in the upcoming w/e travel to san antonio or other parts of texas (college station, "wacko", "fort worthless," austin), unless it is big D, Dallas.

acbearkat
September 6th, 2021, 09:29 AM
Tarleton State @ SFA: 9,000

I watched the highlights on TV and there were plenty of empty seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFA 93
September 6th, 2021, 10:34 AM
Well, Homer Bryce Stadium can hold over 15,000 so yes there are going to be plenty of empty seats if you only have 9K.

Sitting Bull
September 6th, 2021, 01:33 PM
Just over 42,000 in Charlottesville. Nice contingent of Tribe fans, upper and lower deck, the majority though in the corner out of photo range.

Panther88
September 7th, 2021, 10:04 AM
SWAC #s:

Alcorn State vs North Carolina Central
Attendance : 15215

Miss Valley St vs Murray State
Attendance: 6,874

Miles vs Alabama State
Attendance: 12876

Southern vs Troy
Attendance: 22,399

South Carolina St vs Alabama A&M
Attendance: 11,500

Lane vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Attendance: 8,749

Bethune Cookman vs UTEP
Attendance: 14,554

Prairie View A&M vs Texas Southern
Attendance: 18,297

Jackson St vs Florida A&M
Attendance: 30210

Grambling vs Tennessee State
Attendance: 14682

ysubigred
September 7th, 2021, 10:08 AM
YSU vs UIW

Stadium: Arnold D. Stambaugh
Attendance: 8637
Weather: Sunny
Temperature: 69
Wind: E 7mph

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2021, 11:16 AM
As usual Red, the announced figure is not butts in seats. Real attendance was a little over 5k. But it’s nice all those companies and businessmen buy up tickets but can’t get their employees or customers to go to the game on free tickets.

And it’s all downhill from here. As usual.

Panther88
September 7th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Damn good turnout.

:( It's really fallen off since its inception in 1985. It started w/ the lower 40s and has dwindled to now home-and-home vs wasting rental $$$ @ a larger venue (old astrodome/current nrg stadium/et al).

Wish we had the on-field dominance of NDSU and the rabidly solid and supportive fanbase.

ysubigred
September 7th, 2021, 11:58 AM
As usual Red, the announced figure is not butts in seats. Real attendance was a little over 5k. But it’s nice all those companies and businessmen buy up tickets but can’t get their employees or customers to go to the game on free tickets.

And it’s all downhill from here. As usual.

I'm not too keen on this coaching staff. Safe to say YSU will be in the top ten this week in FCS numbers,,, Ole' Sparty draws well at home xpeacex

dewey
September 7th, 2021, 12:00 PM
NDSU 15K +

Here is the exact number per the box score.

Dewey

Gil Dobie
September 7th, 2021, 12:05 PM
Here is the exact number per the box score.

Dewey

Thinking it might be lower for Valpo xsmhx

POD Knows
September 7th, 2021, 12:17 PM
:( It's really fallen off since its inception in 1985. It started w/ the lower 40s and has dwindled to now home-and-home vs wasting rental $$$ @ a larger venue (old astrodome/current nrg stadium/et al).

Wish we had the on-field dominance of NDSU and the rabidly solid and supportive fanbase.Surely you jest, NDSU can't fill the dome anymore either and that place only holds just over 18,000. Extra tickets that people would scalp for a couple hundred bucks are now used to shim the legs on a table. We had 15,000 at the last game and that number had to be inflated, didn't seem like 15K in there.

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2021, 12:26 PM
I'm not too keen on this coaching staff. Safe to say YSU will be in the top ten this week in FCS numbers,,, Ole' Sparty draws well at home xpeacex

Im sure Sparty will have a crowd. However I look for Sparty

to have a loosing record this season and their attendance will drop as the losses pile up. They will win big against YSU. I would not be surprised if YSU coaches played a vanilla game showing little ahead of the MVFC schedule and expecting a loss. It all fits together - poor coaching staff, incompetent AD and little talent

ysubigred
September 7th, 2021, 12:38 PM
Im sure Sparty will have a crowd. However I look for Sparty

to have a loosing record this season and their attendance will drop as the losses pile up. They will win big against YSU. I would not be surprised if YSU coaches played a vanilla game showing little ahead of the MVFC schedule and expecting a loss. It all fits together - poor coaching staff, incompetent AD and little talent

Vanilla??! I'd say anemic!

I'll give you two of the three above.. The talent is only as good as the coaching staff will let them be..

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2021, 02:35 PM
Trust me, talent is an issue. IW and YSU were well matched. That will not be the case in the MVFC. Watch what happens to our Frosh QB. Or our stud RB.

acbearkat
September 7th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Trust me, talent is an issue. IW and YSU were well matched. That will not be the case in the MVFC. Watch what happens to our Frosh QB. Or our stud RB.

UIW doesn't have much in terms of a defense. The offense is great, but the defense, however, needs some serious work. In the spring, UIW gave up 614 yards and 75 points to Nicholls (you read that correctly), and two weeks after that, they gave up 707 yards and 49 points to Northwestern State.

JALMOND
September 7th, 2021, 03:45 PM
Portland State at Hawaii, attendance 0 (as in ZERO!), per official mandate in Hawaii.

dbackjon
September 7th, 2021, 04:53 PM
Surely you jest, NDSU can't fill the dome anymore either and that place only holds just over 18,000. Extra tickets that people would scalp for a couple hundred bucks are now used to shim the legs on a table. We had 15,000 at the last game and that number had to be inflated, didn't seem like 15K in there.

What happened?

Bisonoline
September 7th, 2021, 04:58 PM
What happened?

Losing a season to covid
****ty schedule
Social justice protest

ysubigred
September 7th, 2021, 05:33 PM
Losing a season to covid
****ty schedule
Social justice protestBored with winning...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
September 7th, 2021, 06:55 PM
What happened?This game or in general? Attendance has been kind of waning for a while, used to be a really hot ticket, I think people are bored with winning. Kind of a same ****, different day attitude. There were some bandwagon fans that are just kind of meh, been there, done that. Student attendance has tanked big time, bunch of video game playing douchebags and who don't go out in public or something. Season tickets are pretty spendy here, our seats are on the Bison sideline down by the goal line about a 1/3 of the way up and they are $60 a pop and climbing.

I personally don't get it, if people think winning and fielding good to great teams is boring, then I don't know. If we get 12K for the Valpo game it will be a miracle. I thought this first game would have been full given the fact that there were no real restrictions on attendance.

To me, it looked like attendance was great at a lot of the P5 games but crowd size has been trending down for a while now.

caribbeanhen
September 7th, 2021, 08:06 PM
Surely you jest, NDSU can't fill the dome anymore either and that place only holds just over 18,000. Extra tickets that people would scalp for a couple hundred bucks are now used to shim the legs on a table. We had 15,000 at the last game and that number had to be inflated, didn't seem like 15K in there.

shim the legs on a table lol

ysubigred
September 7th, 2021, 09:22 PM
Trust me, talent is an issue. IW and YSU were well matched. That will not be the case in the MVFC. Watch what happens to our Frosh QB. Or our stud RB.I'll take the heart and soul of these kids/football players over the talented quitters we've had in the past several years..

Just sayin[emoji1745]

ElCid
September 7th, 2021, 10:15 PM
This game or in general? Attendance has been kind of waning for a while, used to be a really hot ticket, I think people are bored with winning. Kind of a same ****, different day attitude. There were some bandwagon fans that are just kind of meh, been there, done that. Student attendance has tanked big time, bunch of video game playing douchebags and who don't go out in public or something. Season tickets are pretty spendy here, our seats are on the Bison sideline down by the goal line about a 1/3 of the way up and they are $60 a pop and climbing.

I personally don't get it, if people think winning and fielding good to great teams is boring, then I don't know. If we get 12K for the Valpo game it will be a miracle. I thought this first game would have been full given the fact that there were no real restrictions on attendance.

To me, it looked like attendance was great at a lot of the P5 games but crowd size has been trending down for a while now.

Just took you a little longer to feel it.

In 2003 we averaged almost 17K. Which is actually pretty good considering we have less than 25K living alum at any given time and an cadet Corps of about 2400; and we only won 10 games the previous 4 seasons. The next year we torn down our home side to rebuild it. It reopened in 2006 and we averaged only 14.5K and it has cascaded down ever since. In the years we won the conf in 2015 and 16, our attendance went up only 2K from about 9.5K to 11.5K. That included an 10-2 season. And now our visitor side has been down for over 4 years...and counting. And we have been averaging only about 9K from 2017-19. As a comparison, in 1991 we averaged 18.5K.

It's not just one thing. It's games on the internet, it's distractions, it's a lose of community within schools (even us to a degree), lose of interest in FB by this crop of kids, etc. Now add in the virus and it is hurting even more. Colleges better figure out how to fix this. Personally I think wet t-shirt contests might help.

DFW HOYA
September 7th, 2021, 10:28 PM
It's not just one thing. It's games on the internet, it's distractions, it's a lose of community within schools (even us to a degree), lose of interest in FB by this crop of kids, etc. Now add in the virus and it is hurting even more. Colleges better figure out how to fix this. Personally I think wet t-shirt contests might help.

This is not a generation of college football fans that values community. They are individualists. That, and it's easier to watch Alabama on a big screen TV than drive to a I-AA game and sit on bleachers with spotty Wi-Fi.

There are schools who instill the need to attend as a group (Texas A&M does this before students even arrive) but most do not.

https://youtu.be/fSHpZZndpaU?t=156

ElCid
September 7th, 2021, 10:34 PM
This is not a generation of college football fans that values community. They are individualists. That, and it's easier to watch Alabama on a big screen TV than drive to a I-AA game and sit on bleachers with spotty Wi-Fi.

There are schools who instill the need to attend as a group (Texas A&M does this before students even arrive) but most do not.

https://youtu.be/fSHpZZndpaU?t=156

Yeah that's cool. We still have things like that, but I'm not sure that there is as much zeal as there once was. I used to lose my voice at games. And our situation, like A&Ms, is unique and we are still feeling it. Not in student participation, that has always been mandatory, but in graduate support.

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2021, 03:09 AM
Times change and almost all kids with the exception of a few sects, just don’t like FCS college football and it’s not gonna change. Before the internet and cable TV, you watched one of the 3 TV networks and read the morning paper and we’re stuck with whatever they showed or printed. I read the newspaper sports page as a kid for baseball coverage and the box scores and happened to notice how much Delaware football coverage there was and got hooked long before ever attending a game.

Now you have 2,000 channels and only a few holdouts still reading a newspaper, they don’t know what there missing

dbackjon
September 9th, 2021, 03:39 PM
This game or in general? Attendance has been kind of waning for a while, used to be a really hot ticket, I think people are bored with winning. Kind of a same ****, different day attitude. There were some bandwagon fans that are just kind of meh, been there, done that. Student attendance has tanked big time, bunch of video game playing douchebags and who don't go out in public or something. Season tickets are pretty spendy here, our seats are on the Bison sideline down by the goal line about a 1/3 of the way up and they are $60 a pop and climbing.

That is too bad - I wish my team was winning so much it got boring.

dbackjon
September 9th, 2021, 03:40 PM
Just took you a little longer to feel it.

In 2003 we averaged almost 17K. Which is actually pretty good considering we have less than 25K living alum at any given time and an cadet Corps of about 2400; and we only won 10 games the previous 4 seasons. The next year we torn down our home side to rebuild it. It reopened in 2006 and we averaged only 14.5K and it has cascaded down ever since. In the years we won the conf in 2015 and 16, our attendance went up only 2K from about 9.5K to 11.5K. That included an 10-2 season. And now our visitor side has been down for over 4 years...and counting. And we have been averaging only about 9K from 2017-19. As a comparison, in 1991 we averaged 18.5K.

I'm not sure you in a wet T-shirt is going to help attendance any

ysubigred
September 9th, 2021, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure you in a wet T-shirt is going to help attendance anyI've increased attendance a few times in wet boxer shorts. [emoji1787]