PDA

View Full Version : 4 I-AA's for the Eagles Last Night

bluehenbillk
August 14th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Chris Gocong...looked good, could rush the passer, good coverage speed, something they mentioned he didn't have to do much of at CalPoly, will probably be a starting LB

Murrell...the former App star had a play last night where he let former Heisman winner Troy Smith right out of his grasp for a sack, long shot to make the team

Akeem Jordan..former JMU LB they said is very impressive in camp & had a few tackles & a FF last nite, probable practice aquad or last cut guy, victim of #'s at LB

JJ Outlaw.. did "Nova proud with 2 drops last night, 1st cut guy

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 14th, 2007, 12:06 PM
When are 1st cuts?

mcveyrl
August 14th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Jordan got credit for a sack when he forced the fumble, too.

Stats (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20070813_PHI@BAL)

I think the rosters have to be slimmed down in late August.

UNCBears2010
August 29th, 2007, 11:29 PM
What about Northern Colorado's Dirk Johnson?

UNHFan99
August 30th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Dirk is fighting for the punting job. I personally think they are going with the huge australian guy. If he gets cut he will get signed right away i think.

GannonFan
August 30th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Yeah, Dirk's got to be on the way out - Rocca, former Australian Rules guy, is a flat out punting stud. No offense to Dirk, he's a pretty good punter, but it will have to be done somewhere else this year.

Gocong has looked good and bad at times - he seems to struggle when he's in open space - he whiffed bigtime against Willie Parker a few nights ago, and on that TD run when they were busying talking about how Gaither got blocked by a big offensive lineman, they didn't mention how Gocong got completely eaten up by the fullback - you have to get away from that block.

Jordan will probably be a practice squad guy - they seem to like him and he's had a good preseason, just not enough room at linebacker right now.

I actually like the way that Barksdale from Albany has played - he may not make it too based on just numbers (NFL rosters are tiny) but I think he's done pretty well.

The Tank
August 30th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Don't forget about USD WR Michael Gasperson. He's been a practice squad guy for them the last 2 years, I wonder what's going to happen to him this year.

Mustang Man
August 31st, 2007, 02:21 AM
Murrell, Akeem Jordan and Barksdale all look to be practice squad guys. Murrell had a great game yesterday.

Lets no forget Brian Westbrook when you want to talk I-AA.

bluehenbillk
August 31st, 2007, 03:03 PM
Rumor has it Dirk Johnson will lose the punting battle to Sav Rocca.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2007, 03:14 PM
And Barksdale won a spot on the roster too.

whitey
September 1st, 2007, 07:41 PM
Looks like Jordan made the 53 man roster. Awesome.