PDA

View Full Version : ESPN and Ivy League announce 6 football games to air on ESPNU

Nor Eastern
July 9th, 2021, 04:40 PM
https://ivyleague.com/news/2021/7/6/six-games-set-to-air-on-espn-networks-during-2021-football-season.aspx

PRINCETON, N.J. – As part of its long-term partnership with ESPN, the Ivy League has announced a Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) leading six-game football package set to air on ESPN linear networks this season.

The full schedule includes:
Friday, September 24 - Brown at Harvard (ESPNU)
Friday, October 1 - Dartmouth at Penn (ESPNU)
Friday, October 22 - Columbia at Dartmouth (ESPNU)
Friday, October 29 - Princeton at Cornell (ESPNU)
Friday, November 5 - Princeton at Dartmouth (ESPNU)
Saturday, November 20 - Harvard at Yale (TBA)

Sitting Bull
July 9th, 2021, 09:17 PM
Nice!!

Nor Eastern
July 9th, 2021, 09:31 PM
That's about half of what the MAC, Sun Belt and Conference USA gets but they're all on Friday and Saturdays. Big win.

Bisonoline
July 9th, 2021, 09:34 PM
More FB on TV. I love it.

KPSUL
July 10th, 2021, 04:51 PM
https://ivyleague.com/news/2021/7/6/six-games-set-to-air-on-espn-networks-during-2021-football-season.aspx

Dartmouth at home vs Columbia October 22nd. Good chance for the Big D to get a comeback win after their loss @ New Hampshire on October 16th.

Son of Eli
July 10th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Dartmouth at home vs Columbia October 22nd. Good chance for the Big D to get a comeback win after their loss @ New Hampshire on October 16th.

I wouldn’t be overconfident. The 2016 Dartmouth team, which finished the season with a 1-6 league record, beat UNH.

Son of Eli
July 10th, 2021, 06:52 PM

Plus Yale vs UCONN will be televised on CBSSN on Saturday 10/16.

KPSUL
July 11th, 2021, 10:57 AM
Dartmouth is 1 Win, 19 losses and 1 tie vs UNH since 1980. Dartmouth is a much better team under Buddy Teevens, but I think I can skip my anti-anxiety meds on game day.

Go Green
July 12th, 2021, 08:02 AM
First time since I've been paying attention (and likely ever) that Dartmouth has gotten the most games in an Ivy-TV deal.

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 12th, 2021, 11:56 AM
Plus Yale vs UCONN will be televised on CBSSN on Saturday 10/16.

Was talking to my brother n' law who works in the Alumni office for UConn about the Yale game and thought it would be a huge crowd but he cautioned how down UConn fans are on the football program. Will it take a good start from UConn to get a crowd of 30K plus??? UConn has 6 games previous to the instate game, Holy Cross on 9/4 and UMass the previous week. Won't the Eli's travel well for this game???

Bill
July 12th, 2021, 01:46 PM
Was talking to my brother n' law who works in the Alumni office for UConn about the Yale game and thought it would be a huge crowd but he cautioned how down UConn fans are on the football program. Will it take a good start from UConn to get a crowd of 30K plus??? UConn has 6 games previous to the instate game, Holy Cross on 9/4 and UMass the previous week. Won't the Eli's travel well for this game???

Monty Burns and the rest of the Eli will really have to travel well for 30k....here is a link about some of UConn's pre-zombie apocalypse problems:
https://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-sp-uconn-football-attendance-20191203-20191205-i4f6mondefboze2z5u7ob22bv4-story.html

Go Green
July 12th, 2021, 02:21 PM
Dartmouth is 1 Win, 19 losses and 1 tie vs UNH since 1980. Dartmouth is a much better team under Buddy Teevens, but I think I can skip my anti-anxiety meds on game day.

Your numbers are correct. But the majority of those wins came during eras when Dartmouth was genuinely lousy (mid-1980s and 2000s).

You are also correct that Dartmouth has improved in recent years. Indeed, we've been about 40 points ahead of UNH in Sagarin the last two seasons that we've fielded teams.

:)

Ivytalk
July 17th, 2021, 12:47 PM
First time since I've been paying attention (and likely ever) that Dartmouth has gotten the most games in an Ivy-TV deal.
Bookended by two Harvard games.:D

Seriously, nice! Better put some butts in the seats for the two games in Hanover.

KPSUL
July 19th, 2021, 08:35 AM
Your numbers are correct. But the majority of those wins came during eras when Dartmouth was genuinely lousy (mid-1980s and 2000s).

You are also correct that Dartmouth has improved in recent years. Indeed, we've been about 40 points ahead of UNH in Sagarin the last two seasons that we've fielded teams.

:)

OK, I'll take UNH and the 40 points if you'd like to make a friendly wager. 2018 was UNH's worst performance in something like 20 years - yet we still managed to beat Villanova and JMU. Had Dartmouth played UNH in either 2018 or 19 the game would have been a toss up. This season should be a good, competitive game as well. We could very well be physically beaten up before the Dartmouth game with Pittsburg and JMU on the preceding weekends.

Go Green
July 20th, 2021, 12:22 PM
We could very well be physically beaten up before the Dartmouth game with Pittsburg and JMU on the preceding weekends.

I think you have a bye between JMU and us to heal up.