PDA

View Full Version : WAC Football Preview Set for July 28 in Texas (2021)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 6th, 2021, 12:12 PM
WAC Football Preview Set for July 28 in Texas

DENVER – The Western Athletic Conference will host its annual football preview day on July 28 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott in The Woodlands, Texas. Head coaches from all six teams will be in attendance and will be joined by select student-athletes.

The day will be broken up into both a morning and afternoon session. Abilene Christian, Dixie State and Tarleton will be part of the morning session, which will begin at 9 a.m. CT. Lamar, Sam Houston and Stephen F. Austin will make up the afternoon session, which will begin at 1 p.m. CT.

In addition to a live press conference, which will be streamed live on the WAC Digital Network, coaches and student-athletes will participate in one-on-one interviews. There will also be a virtual press conference with each of the head coaches.

Below is the list of head coaches and players scheduled to attend:

Abilene Christian: Head Coach Adam Dorrel, WR Kobe Clark, DT Quent Titre
Dixie State: Head Coach Paul Peterson, QB Kody Wilstead, LB Malaki Malaki
Lamar: Head Coach Blane Morgan, TE Jeremy Davis, DB Anthony Ruffin
Sam Houston: Head Coach K.C. Keeler, QB Eric Schmid, DE Jahari Kay
Stephen F. Austin: Head Coach Colby Carthel, QB Trae Self, DL Dennis Osagiede
Tarleton: Head Coach Todd Whitten, WR J.F. Thomas, DB Devin Hafford

A detailed schedule is attached to this email. Both attendees and subjects scheduled to change. Any updates will be posted on www.wacsports.com (http://www.wacsports.com).

Media who are interested in attending in person should contact Chris Thompson at [email protected]. In addition, any media looking to stay at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott should contact the hotel directly at (281) 367-9797 and tell them you are attending the WAC Football Preview.

- WAC –

katss07
July 6th, 2021, 04:05 PM
The Woodlands is a great place to host this event. 45 mins from Huntsville, hr and a 1/2 from Beaumont and 2 hrs from Nacogdoches. Close to Houston with plenty to do.

Katfan
July 9th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Anyone know if the general public can attend.

TexasTerror
July 9th, 2021, 02:03 PM

Media only. It's a "Media Day" for the WAC.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 9th, 2021, 02:06 PM

I would assume at least some of it but I can send an email and find out for you.

Katfan
July 10th, 2021, 10:47 AM
I would assume at least some of it but I can send an email and find out for you.
That would be great! I live literally 5 minutes from the Marriott. I’d love to attend the afternoon sessions and a friend of mine from SFA wanted to go as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 10th, 2021, 05:02 PM
That would be great! I live literally 5 minutes from the Marriott. I’d love to attend the afternoon sessions and a friend of mine from SFA wanted to go as well.

I did not see a reply come in yet but it was sent later on a Friday so don't really expect one until Monday but if I don't hear back by 2p Mountain I'll call and ask him.

Katfan
July 11th, 2021, 07:18 AM
I did not see a reply come in yet but it was sent later on a Friday so don't really expect one until Monday but if I don't hear back by 2p Mountain I'll call and ask him.
Thanks I appreciate it.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 13th, 2021, 01:13 PM
Thanks I appreciate it.

It will be open to the general public (the location) but some of the production will be media only.

Additional information will be forthcoming I hear as Chris was not sure on this when I sent the email. Here is some other info. now though he passed along.

At this point, fans will be allowed on property but only media and invited guests will be allowed in the individual sessions. We are planning on streaming the live press conference on the WAC Digital Network so we encourage fans to tune in there!

Katfan
July 13th, 2021, 04:29 PM
It will be open to the general public (the location) but some of the production will be media only.

Additional information will be forthcoming I hear as Chris was not sure on this when I sent the email. Here is some other info. now though he passed along.
Thanks I’ll keep looking for more updates. It will be interesting to see if there are any events for the public sense the interview sessions won’t be open to the public.