PDA

View Full Version : The Best Traditions In The FCS

McCowboys
July 6th, 2021, 11:30 AM
https://herosports.com/fcs-football-best-traditions-bzbz/

Professor Chaos
July 6th, 2021, 04:00 PM
Good article, thanks for sharing. I'm sure no two people would agree on what traditions are the 10 best but it's just interesting reading about some of these... some more than others. Gotta love that toast zamboni at Penn! :)

DFW HOYA
July 6th, 2021, 04:11 PM
The author seems to be confused on tradition vs. ritual.

Sonic98
July 8th, 2021, 07:04 PM
I was giving the article a side eye for a minute. I was seeing bands playing and schools singing and was wondering how Jackson State would not be somewhere in there. It should have included the band taking the ramp and leading the school in the alma mater. Not sure I would put the MCC tailgate above all others in FCS.

- - - Updated - - -

The author seems to be confused on tradition vs. ritual.

Which ones do you think would be better?

DFW HOYA
July 8th, 2021, 07:50 PM

I was making the point that a tradition is handed down across generations, where a ritual is merely something repeated for effect.

For example, a turnover chain is not a tradition.

Daytripper
July 8th, 2021, 10:05 PM
https://herosports.com/fcs-football-best-traditions-bzbz/

Very cool. To each their own.

dgtw
July 8th, 2021, 10:23 PM
I was making the point that a tradition is handed down across generations, where a ritual is merely something repeated for effect.

For example, a turnover chain is not a tradition.

Kennesaw’s program is very new, so it is hard for them to have been doing something since World War I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASU33
July 9th, 2021, 05:59 AM
I was giving the article a side eye for a minute. I was seeing bands playing and schools singing and was wondering how Jackson State would not be somewhere in there. It should have included the band taking the ramp and leading the school in the alma mater. Not sure I would put the MCC tailgate above all others in FCS.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you been to the tailgate at the MCC?