bodoyle
August 9th, 2007, 07:53 AM
for the Bears at the RB position.

Hate to say it, but I told you so.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18493&page=3

bodoyle
August 9th, 2007, 07:58 AM
From: http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=337893

"...Six-year veteran Adrian Peterson isn’t expected to see that much action this season as Benson’s backup..."

Peems
August 9th, 2007, 02:09 PM
in the article it says he is entrenched as the No. 2 so obviously he isn't third string.

"In 2005, the former sixth-round pick from Georgia Southern had a career-high 76 rushes for 391 yards (for a team-best 5.1 average)."

bodoyle
August 9th, 2007, 03:54 PM
in the article it says he is entrenched as the No. 2 so obviously he isn't third string.

"In 2005, the former sixth-round pick from Georgia Southern had a career-high 76 rushes for 391 yards (for a team-best 5.1 average)."

www.espnradio1000.com Bears reportrs have said all week he is 3rd string.

bodoyle
August 9th, 2007, 03:56 PM

www.espnradio1000.com Bears reportrs have said all week he is 3rd string, and him missing the last 2 days for 'personal reasons' have not helped his cause.

Tod
August 9th, 2007, 06:22 PM

Let's not forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftVLoFWZA7s

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZnzHhcvLd0

xmadx :( ;)

winstoneagle
August 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
His "personal reason" for missing was the birth of his son.

Eaglesrus
August 10th, 2007, 02:16 PM
for the Bears at the RB position.

Hate to say it, but I told you so.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18493&page=3

How many of us do you think believe that?

bodoyle
August 10th, 2007, 03:05 PM
His "personal reason" for missing was the birth of his son.

Im only reporting what is on the Bears website.

bodoyle
August 10th, 2007, 03:06 PM
How many of us do you think believe that?

I've missed you eaglesrus. How has the off-season treated you? xwhistlex

flea
August 10th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Unless we bring in a vet at some stage. AP is Bensons back-up.

seantaylor
August 11th, 2007, 12:50 AM
I will bet $100 to Bodoyle that AP makes at least 3 starts this year. Don't worry, AP's new baby isn't your brother's wifes kid.

bodoyle
August 11th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I will bet $100 to Bodoyle that AP makes at least 3 starts this year. Don't worry, AP's new baby isn't your brother's wifes kid.

Fair enuogh. I'll bet you. I win you donate $100 to CCU. You win, I'll donate $100 to ga south.

And yea, it would be hard for that to happen since my brother doesn't have a wife. xeyebrowx

Tod
August 11th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Fair enuogh. I'll bet you. I win you donate $100 to CCU. You win, I'll donate $100 to ga south.

And yea, it would be hard for that to happen since my brother doesn't have a wife. xeyebrowx

How about making the donation to AGS?! xeyebrowx

bodoyle
August 11th, 2007, 10:13 PM
How about making the donation to AGS?! xeyebrowx

I'll make the donation if I am wrong. You guys decide where it goes to.

Kill'em
August 11th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Alright, get this through your head. Adrain Peterson is one of the leading rushers, if not the leading rusher in NCAA history. He is the greatest running back many of us will ever see. I don't understand your hatred of AP. You should be supporting him, being that you live in Chicago and a supposed fan of the FCS . The Bears seem to love him, even if they won't start him. It says a lot for a career backup to sign a long-term contract. You probably would cheer his having a career-ending injury.

It is a pity that Coastal didn't field a football team back then. You could have seen what AP can do, which would have been kick the crap out of your defense!

bodoyle
August 12th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Alright, get this through your head. Adrain Peterson is one of the leading rushers, if not the leading rusher in NCAA history. He is the greatest running back many of us will ever see. I don't understand your hatred of AP. You should be supporting him, being that you live in Chicago and a supposed fan of the FCS . The Bears seem to love him, even if they won't start him. It says a lot for a career backup to sign a long-term contract. You probably would cheer his having a career-ending injury.

It is a pity that Coastal didn't field a football team back then. You could have seen what AP can do, which would have been kick the crap out of your defense!

You are right he was good in college. I Never argued that. Do I think his stats would have been as gaudy had he played "D1A" schools? Absolutely not. I just think there is a reason he is a life-time backup.

Kill'em
August 12th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Check his numbers against Oregon ST and uga.

grizband
August 12th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Check his numbers against Oregon ST and uga.

Here's a quote I found from a 2002 article:

When Peterson got a chance to take the field against Georgia, he posted 156 yards rushing. He also rolled up 182 on Oregon State.

The article also mentions that if Peterson had received his qualifying scores earlier, he probably would have ended up at Florida, like his older brother Mike.

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/draft_2001/prospects_peterson_121701.asp

Eaglesrus
August 13th, 2007, 09:07 AM
I've missed you eaglesrus. How has the off-season treated you? xwhistlex

Very well, thank you, but now I'm ready for some football, and our trip to Conway on 9/15 can't get here soon enough!

bodoyle
August 13th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Very well, thank you, but now I'm ready for some football, and our trip to Conway on 9/15 can't get here soon enough!

I just made my reservations at a hotel down there. tick tock baby!!!! xthumbsupx