PDA

View Full Version : Montana Residents Only Please

UNHWildCats
August 8th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I'll explain later, but I think Montana college football fans were disrespected today... So I ask... Please identify the team who's hemet is pictured below..... Be honest and dont look at other answers first, though I truly doubt you would need to....

http://www.sports-collectibles-store.com/media/RAHGeoBulldogs-thumb.jpg

mlbowl
August 8th, 2007, 04:42 PM
uhhhhh- Georgia

UNHWildCats
August 8th, 2007, 04:45 PM
uhhhhh- Georgia

Do you live in Montana? xmadx xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

CrazyCat
August 8th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Georgia obviously.

Tod
August 8th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Knew it was Georgia immediately. Why, what's up? xconfusedx

mlbowl
August 8th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Do you live in Montana? xmadx xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Got me there Travis....But I did grow up there....that should count for something;) xnodx

UNHWildCats
August 8th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Got me there Travis....But I did grow up there....that should count for something;) xnodx

Ya but living in Florida now, your sure to know Georgia's helmet, not that i dont think you wouldnt if u didnt..

UNHWildCats
August 8th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Stewart Mandell in his mailbag says this about Georgia....

Suppose we went to, say, Montana. And suppose we found 100 "average" college football fans (not necessarily message-board crazies, but not twice-a-year viewers, either) and put them in a room. If I held up a Michigan helmet, my guess is all 100 would know exactly what it was. If I held up a picture of the USC song girls, all 100 would know who they were. If I happened to bring Joe Paterno along with me, all 100 would say, "Hey, look, it's Joe Paterno!"

But if I held up a Georgia "G" helmet, how many of them do you think would be able to identify it off the top of their head?

mlbowl
August 8th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Ya but living in Florida now, your sure to know Georgia's helmet, not that i dont think you wouldnt if u didnt..

Good point but yes....I did know it growing upxnodx

Tod
August 8th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah, me too. But I have a brother who lives in Atlanta, so maybe that disqualifies me, too? xlolx

I'd say Montanans got dissed a bit there, but OTOH, I'd also have to say that less of us would know Georgia's helmet over Michigan's.

But if they're college football fans, the majority would certainly know it.

Grizalltheway
August 8th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Georgia

bshgriz
August 8th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Georgia obviously, everyone(Georgia and Grambling at least) wants the packers logo man.

grizband
August 8th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Georgia obviously, everyone(Georgia and Grambling at least) wants the packers logo man.
Maybe a SWAC fan can help me out, but I thought Grambling had the logo before Green Bay.

Oh, and that helmet is Georgia.

bshgriz
August 8th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Maybe a SWAC fan can help me out, but I thought Grambling had the logo before Green Bay.

Oh, and that helmet is Georgia.

From what I know the Packers created the logo in 1961 and they have the trademark to it. But who knows thats from wiki

grizband
August 8th, 2007, 08:02 PM
From what I know the Packers created the logo in 1961 and they have the trademark to it. But who knows thats from wiki

You're correct, it appears Green Bay does own the trademark:

The Green Bay Packers hold the trademark. They've used their oval G since 1961.

The NFL club says it granted limited permission to use a similar mark to the University of Georgia (in 1964) and to Grambling.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2071363

Grizo406
August 8th, 2007, 08:05 PM
If one of our helmets were held up, and asked to be identified, I think it would be kinda' tough to get the answer wrong.

Just like Georgia.

Old Montana State Grad
August 8th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I'll explain later, but I think Montana college football fans were disrespected today... So I ask... Please identify the team who's hemet is pictured below..... Be honest and dont look at other answers first, though I truly doubt you would need to....

http://www.sports-collectibles-store.com/media/RAHGeoBulldogs-thumb.jpg

Yes, we were, we know it but that's the media's perception of us...I abstain as it shouldn't count as my better half went to school in Athens and I graduated from the North Campus.

Benne
August 9th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I'm willing to bet most college football fans that didn't know what team it was would guess correctly

Peems
August 9th, 2007, 09:28 PM
That author is way off base. If he held up a Michigan helmet I would yell "Delaware!"