PDA

View Full Version : Texans Pickup CB from Da Raiders!

TexasTerror
April 19th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Phillip Buchanon has been sent from the Raiders to the Texans for a second and third round selection in this week's NFL draft. This is a great pickup and adds to an amazing group of corners that includes Aaron Glenn and Dunta Robinson.

With three corners that can go one on one against anyone in the league, we can now blitz with a corner -- which showed some glimmers of hope with Dunta Robinson this past season getting some QB hurries and a few sacks. This is going to be great! Some good pash-rushers and we should be fine on the defensive side of the ball.

Antwan Peek and Jason Babin could be the keys to the defense and with this addition, it's huge. The Texans had been criticized recently for lack of a major move and they pulled this one off. I believe they still got a 3rd round pick (via Drew Henson trade), so this is great!

Reportedly, the Redskins were going to give a first and second-rounder for it. Texans GM Charley Casserly is a man amongst boys. He knows how to work it.

blackfordpu
April 20th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Won't giving up our second round pick be a bad thing? We could use some help at other positions and players in the second round could be a big boost. I agree that adding a great CB (is he an All Pro?) will help out the defense, I am just worried that missing out on the second round may be a bad thing.

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Charley Casserly said that there was no chance we'd get a bonafide starter in the second round. I can agree with that as the Texans have repositioned some things on the defensive side of the ball and still have some guys in the wings who have been hurt (Joppru and Hollings) that could fill some problems if ready this year.

I am not too concerned at all, especially considering the Texans bad luck in the second round. Also Texans did not have second or third round pick last year, though they did have two first-rounders (Dunta Robinson and Jason Babin). This year, they have a third round and a first round.

I think we get a bonafide starter for what would've been two bench players. A starter who can also do some kick returns along with Moses and Swinton. Definitely needed to fill that hole. Moses may be expendable now. Texans may pull off another trade or two over the weekend. We'll see.

blackfordpu
April 21st, 2005, 08:00 AM
Charley Casserly said that there was no chance we'd get a bonafide starter in the second round. I can agree with that as the Texans have repositioned some things on the defensive side of the ball and still have some guys in the wings who have been hurt (Joppru and Hollings) that could fill some problems if ready this year.

I am not too concerned at all, especially considering the Texans bad luck in the second round. Also Texans did not have second or third round pick last year, though they did have two first-rounders (Dunta Robinson and Jason Babin). This year, they have a third round and a first round.

I think we get a bonafide starter for what would've been two bench players. A starter who can also do some kick returns along with Moses and Swinton. Definitely needed to fill that hole. Moses may be expendable now. Texans may pull off another trade or two over the weekend. We'll see.

Terror, what position do you see them going for in the first round? I'm thinking a defensive or offensive linemen, maybe a WR. We are pretty set in the other positions.