PDA

View Full Version : FU's Felton to play in East-West Shrine All-Star Game

nick9c
August 7th, 2007, 10:38 AM
GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Furman Paladins fullback Jerome Felton has been invited to play in the 83rd annual East-West Shrine All-Star Game scheduled for January 19, 2008, in Houston, Texas, it has been announced. The contest will be be televised on ESPN2.

Felton, 6-foot, 246-pound rising senior, is the first Furman invitee to the annual all-star classic since 1984, when Paladin fullback Dennis Williams was selected to play.

A three-year starter and two-time All-Southern Conference selection, he is regarded as the premier fullback in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). He heads in the 2007 campaign ranked 11th on Furman's career rushing yards ledger with 1,947 yards, just 37 yards shy of Williams' school fullback rushing standard of 1,984 yards.

Felton already ranks as Furman's all-time leading scorer with 334 points, including 54 touchdowns in 38 games. In 2006 he scored a SoCon record six touchdowns in a 42-7 victory over Western Carolina.

The Madisonville, Tenn., product also carries a 3.25 grade point average in political science.

PaladinFan
August 7th, 2007, 10:39 AM
...and he's a nice guy to boot.

GoldandBlack
August 7th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Well earned- congrats to Jerome!xthumbsupx

OL FU
August 7th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Dear Lord,

I selfishly pray that Jerome remains healthly enough to play in that gamexprayx xprayx xprayx

lizrdgizrd
August 7th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Dear Lord,

I selfishly pray that Jerome remains healthly enough to play in that gamexprayx xprayx xprayx

I'm sure he'll be all healed up by then. xeekx xlolx

Congrats, Jerome. xthumbsupx