PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Spring Semifinal: James Madison @ Sam Houston

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
May 2nd, 2021, 07:55 PM
Kickoff is set for Saturday 5/8 at 1:30PM CT on ABC.

Here's the team stats comparison:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51154579072_8f01cfafab_c.jpg

I'll add additional details to this post as they become available but discuss away this matchup between the 4th president of the United States and the 1st (and 3rd) president of the Republic of Texas.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 07:56 PM
This game will be on Saturday 5/8 nationally televised on either ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2. I'll add additional details and a team stats breakdown to this post as they become available but discuss away this matchup between the 4th president of the United States and the 1st (and 3rd) president of the Republic of Texas.

No poll?

Got it now!

KPSUL
May 2nd, 2021, 08:10 PM
This game will be on Saturday 5/8 nationally televised on either ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2. I'll add additional details and a team stats breakdown to this post as they become available but discuss away this matchup between the 4th president of the United States and the 1st (and 3rd) president of the Republic of Texas.

I'm going with the diminutive 4th US President from Virginia.

Chalupa Batman
May 2nd, 2021, 08:12 PM
This will be a great game, I think it's a tossup right now. JMU fans are going to find out what most of us here knew, that this isn't the Sam Houston team they think it is. I expect to see a slugfest.

Daytripper
May 2nd, 2021, 08:17 PM

History references make every thread better.

Bison56
May 2nd, 2021, 08:18 PM
Go Kats beat the Dooks!

Chalupa Batman
May 2nd, 2021, 08:20 PM

I learned on Cash Cab today that James Madison only weighed 98 pounds. Sam Houston is gonna kick his ass. :D

garland823
May 2nd, 2021, 08:32 PM
Sam Houston and Stephen Austin were both born in Virginia.

BEAR
May 2nd, 2021, 08:34 PM
I'll vote when I see some comparative stats.....xthumbsupx

knit35
May 2nd, 2021, 08:40 PM
I’ll be flying in to Houston. Any suggestions from SHSU fans? Coming in Friday to play a round of golf.

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 08:45 PM
Again, it will depend on Sam Houston health. They got a couple of guys banged up on defense and O-line is still battered it seems. If they didnt lose anybody for next week, I like the Kats.

grayghost06
May 2nd, 2021, 08:50 PM
I learned on Cash Cab today that James Madison only weighed 98 pounds. Sam Houston is gonna kick his ass. :D

Dolley Madison could kick his ass. He carried a mighty voice and pen though.

Nickels
May 2nd, 2021, 08:53 PM
Dolley Madison could kick his ass. He carried a mighty voice and pen though.

His voice was so weak that people often had difficulty hearing his speeches, and he was plagued by recurring bouts of “bilious fever” and what he described as “a constitutional liability to sudden attacks, somewhat resembling epilepsy.” While contemporaries praised Madison’s fierce intelligence, many also made note of his small size and timid demeanor. The wife of a Virginia politician once labeled him “the most unsociable creature in existence.”
https://www.history.com/news/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-james-madison

grayghost06
May 2nd, 2021, 09:09 PM

Well then, a mighty voice "through" his pen.

Coogkat15
May 2nd, 2021, 09:30 PM

Sam Houston is also the only American to be governor of two states. Texas and Tennessee! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytripper
May 2nd, 2021, 09:41 PM
I’ll be flying in to Houston. Any suggestions from SHSU fans? Coming in Friday to play a round of golf.

Some hotels in Huntsville, but a lot on the way in The Woodlands and Conroe. Ravens Nest in Huntsville is a nice course. Big EZ for food and drink before and after the game.

BNATION
May 3rd, 2021, 05:59 AM
I think this will be a great game, SH offense has a little better day, and the defense does what it usually does.
SHSU 33
James Madison 16

TheRevSFA
May 3rd, 2021, 06:32 AM
Sam’s D shuts down JMU’s offense

21-10 Sam

caribbeanhen
May 3rd, 2021, 07:51 AM

and song references?

caribbeanhen
May 3rd, 2021, 07:56 AM

Sounds like he could of been an AGS legend

SHSU90
May 3rd, 2021, 08:06 AM
Ravensnest if you play in Huntsville if you stay in N Houston area lots of different golf choices

If you are in Huntsville places to eat Humphries and Big E are great choices for lunch dinner and drinks
If you want Mexican Food multiple good choices as well
For breakfast hit Toasted which is close to Humphries for mimosas and bloody marys and great food

BNATION
May 3rd, 2021, 08:13 AM
Id stay in the woodlands, try and Play Woodforest or Nest. If you have any connections in the area, or if your a club corp member could get on Woodlands Country Club, or Carlton Woods. Also if you are a club corp member you can play Traditions in College Station which is a great track.

KPSUL
May 3rd, 2021, 08:38 AM

"Little Jimmy", life-size statue of Madison on the JMU campus.

Professor Chaos
May 3rd, 2021, 09:01 AM
Team stats breakdown added to the first post (along with some bonus categories since we're getting down to crunch time now).

Daytripper
May 3rd, 2021, 09:18 AM
"Little Jimmy", life-size statue of Madison on the JMU campus.

"Big Sam" on I-45 coming into Huntsville from Houston.

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images/tx/TXHUNsamhouston07.jpg

Bearkat04
May 3rd, 2021, 12:25 PM
"Big Sam" on I-45 coming into Huntsville from Houston.

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images/tx/TXHUNsamhouston07.jpg

Also life size!! Haha

knit35
May 3rd, 2021, 01:00 PM
Id stay in the woodlands, try and Play Woodforest or Nest. If you have any connections in the area, or if your a club corp member could get on Woodlands Country Club, or Carlton Woods. Also if you are a club corp member you can play Traditions in College Station which is a great track.

Thanks all for the recommendations - Ended up booking a place in woodlands and working on getting to Woodlands CC - appreciate the insights and info sharing - excited to get to the campus and stadium to see the game.

Are they allowing tailgating of any sort prior to game time?

POD Knows
May 3rd, 2021, 01:04 PM
I picked JMU in this game because I want them to lose, that Cignetti guy bugs the **** out of me.

Daytripper
May 3rd, 2021, 01:18 PM
Thanks all for the recommendations - Ended up booking a place in woodlands and working on getting to Woodlands CC - appreciate the insights and info sharing - excited to get to the campus and stadium to see the game.

Yes. There has been tailgating before every playoff game. Not as much as usual because of stadium capacity limits, I think.

BNATION
May 3rd, 2021, 01:21 PM

I saw alot of small little "get togethers" around the parking lots this past Sunday. Due to NCAA rules the college has said no formal tailgating, didn't stop a lot of folks from having 10-15 people around a pickup.

knit35
May 3rd, 2021, 01:25 PM
I saw alot of small little "get togethers" around the parking lots this past Sunday. Due to NCAA rules the college has said no formal tailgating, didn't stop a lot of folks from having 10-15 people around a pickup.

Good to hear - likely will try to do something similar with our small group. Should be a great game.

acbearkat
May 3rd, 2021, 01:59 PM

If you're not on Katfans, you need to join us. I just created this account on here, but I've had an account on Katfans for a while now.

Daytripper
May 3rd, 2021, 02:04 PM
If you're not on Katfans, you need to join us. I just created this account on here, but I've had an account on Katfans for a while now.

There are a few people on katfans that are also on here but have different usernames. I am Daytripper here but am Katatonic on katfans.

BNATION
May 3rd, 2021, 02:15 PM
Im not on KatFans, my bro is.

caribbeanhen
May 3rd, 2021, 04:14 PM
I picked JMU in this game because I want them to lose, that Cignetti guy bugs the **** out of me.

I totally agree with this

acbearkat
May 3rd, 2021, 06:29 PM
The question for this game is can our defense continue to play like it has post Southeastern Louisiana? James Madison is a much stiffer test than North Dakota State is right now. Before the playoffs started, I thought James Madison would win the national championship, and when I saw the seedings, I thought Sam would make to the semifinals. If James Madison tries to run up the gut that will not work against our defense. That game plan will be stuffed. Personally, I think James Madison is the best team in the country.

milleniumkat
May 3rd, 2021, 07:00 PM
Howdy boys....miss me? [emoji182]

Nickels
May 3rd, 2021, 08:12 PM
I sincerely do. Hope you're doing well.

fmrbearkat
May 3rd, 2021, 09:10 PM

Walden on Lake Conroe is public and one of the top courses in the state. Also right next to Margaritaville.

Puddin Tane
May 3rd, 2021, 09:17 PM
Kickoff is set for Saturday 5/8 at 1:30PM CT on ABC.

Here's the team stats comparison:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51154579072_8f01cfafab_c.jpg

I'll add additional details to this post as they become available but discuss away this matchup between the 4th president of the United States and the 1st (and 3rd) president of the Republic of Texas.

I was curious about what Sams stats would be if you take out the game vs the 2nd president of the Republic of Texas, cuz we were so young and bad. But I see JMU played Morehead, so I reckon that would be a wash.

I think it’ll boil down to JMU passing vs Sams secondary and how well Schmid plays. He missed a couple wide open receivers vs the bizone. He needs a really good game.

also. Did one of Sams stud DL get hurt?

jmu007
May 3rd, 2021, 09:28 PM
JMU's QB play has been a pleasant surprise over the past 4 weeks. JMU has really made the most of teams loading the box and running blitzing. I haven't been able to watch much of Sam Houston this year. Are they just bigger up front or are they running a new scheme this year?

Daytripper
May 3rd, 2021, 09:34 PM
JMU's QB play has been a pleasant surprise over the past 4 weeks. JMU has really made the most of teams loading the box and running blitzing. I haven't been able to watch much of Sam Houston this year. Are they just bigger up front or are they running a new scheme this year?

Bigger. They have been able to get consistent push with just the front four. It is a refreshing surprise considering our previous defensive shortcomings. We have some really good d-linemen.

Puddin Tane
May 4th, 2021, 01:00 AM

the dline is 100%, bonafide badass

BNATION
May 4th, 2021, 05:32 AM
I’m going to be honest, I seriously doubt JMU can run on us, their best bet is to get the passing game going but it will have to be quick passes as our D Line lives in the backfield. Watching JMU on D, I think scoring will be much easier than NDSU. I think SH wins by 2 TD’s at home. Power run game doesn’t work on SH D.

McNeese72
May 4th, 2021, 05:44 AM
What is the status of the DL's that were out at the end of the NDSU game? The announcers said #55 had been put in an ambulance and brought to the hospital. If that was accurate, what was up with that?

Daytripper
May 4th, 2021, 05:56 AM
What is the status of the DL's that were out at the end of the NDSU game? The announcers said #55 had been put in an ambulance and brought to the hospital. If that was accurate, what was up with that?

Jahari Kay. I believe it was dehydration. I'm worried that sometimes that is difficult to recover from. Other than that I think there were only a few nicks and bruises. Hopefully everybody is full speed on Saturday.

gokat89
May 4th, 2021, 06:01 AM

I think overall the defense is ok and I think the offense came out ok as well. I am pretty sure Jahari Kay will be back and his backup Jevon Leon was back on the field after a short time out.
The OL that started the game actually finished the game so this should be a good one. The only one I didnt see with any playing time on Sunday was running back Donovan Williams.

BNATION
May 4th, 2021, 06:21 AM
Any word on the JMU OL who went out with a shoulder injury while their coach was trying to tack on a garbage time TD to make it look like a blowout? What a dumb a$$. That call did not age well.

Bearkat04
May 4th, 2021, 08:16 AM
Any word on the JMU OL who went out with a shoulder injury while their coach was trying to tack on a garbage time TD to make it look like a blowout? What a dumb a$$. That call did not age well.

Also the CB McCormick went down on his interception. That didn’t look good. Non contact injuries rarely are.

acbearkat
May 4th, 2021, 09:10 AM
the dline is 100%, bonafide badass

I'll be honest, I don't know if the performance against Lamar was because the defensive line was that good, or the Lamar offensive line was that bad. Personally, I think Lamar will be looking for a new head coach after the 2022 season. I think the new coach was a bad hire. He won't be able to keep skill players in the Golden Triangle region from going elsewhere because most of those kids won't want to play in a triple option offense. There's plenty of talent in that part of Texas, but the option offense won't appeal to most of the skill players. Sam ran a modified version of the option when Fritz was in Huntsville, but it wasn't a triple option, and that's what the new offensive staff at Lamar wants to do is run the triple option. Lamar is a job where if you get the right coach in there because of the talent in the Golden Triangle, the proximity to the Houston area and Louisiana, that coach can win big.

- - - Updated - -

Daytripper
May 4th, 2021, 09:25 AM
I'll be honest, I don't know if the performance against Lamar was because the defensive line was that good, or the Lamar offensive line was that bad. Personally, I think Lamar will be looking for a new head coach after the 2022 season. I think the new coach was a bad hire. He won't be able to keep skill players in the Golden Triangle region from going elsewhere because most of those kids won't want to play in a triple option offense. There's plenty of talent in that part of Texas, but the option offense won't appeal to most of the skill players. Sam ran a modified version of the option when Fritz was in Huntsville, but it wasn't a triple option, and that's what the new offensive staff at Lamar wants to do is run the triple option. Lamar is a job where if you get the right coach in there because of the talent in the Golden Triangle, the proximity to the Houston area and Louisiana, that coach can win big.

- - - Updated - -

And oil money.

Mfergy4
May 4th, 2021, 09:36 AM
BearKats sounded great on the radio, did not see the game until last night when I did the replay after getting back from the opening the lake place. Excellent interior Defensive play, very good offensive misdirection plays. #6 can really make you look bad if you do not play the gap correctly. A better Kats defense and good offensive play calling doomed my Bison. Pulling for you to do the same against the Dukes. Hope your DL men do a better job of hydrating though, dangerous for #55 NOT to take care of himself that way since he lived there and understand the climate. That is probably the only win the Bison can claim this weekend, they stayed Hydrated in the heat.

Daytripper
May 4th, 2021, 09:47 AM
BearKats sounded great on the radio, did not see the game until last night when I did the replay after getting back from the opening the lake place. Excellent interior Defensive play, very good offensive misdirection plays. #6 can really make you look bad if you do not play the gap correctly. A better Kats defense and good offensive play calling doomed my Bison. Pulling for you to do the same against the Dukes. Hope your DL men do a better job of hydrating though, dangerous for #55 NOT to take care of himself that way since he lived there and understand the climate. That is probably the only win the Bison can claim this weekend, they stayed Hydrated in the heat.

Yeah, #6 Noah Smith is a do it all guy who actually took a few snaps at QB last year when we were down our top 3 quarterbacks. We have two other big weapons that the Bison were able to hold in check for the most part and that is #2 Ife Adeyi...his big contribution Sunday was that ridiculous 3rd and 10 sideline catch. Every time I rewatch it I am more amazed. The other is #12 Jequez Ezzard. He was our most explosive offensive player all season but has been held in check most of the playoffs. I think he might have a nagging injury. Anyway, if he gets going we will be hard to stop.

Mfergy4
May 4th, 2021, 09:57 AM
Yeah, #6 Noah Smith is a do it all guy who actually took a few snaps at QB last year when we were down our top 3 quarterbacks. We have two other big weapons that the Bison were able to hold in check for the most part and that is #2 Ife Adeyi...his big contribution Sunday was that ridiculous 3rd and 10 sideline catch. Every time I rewatch it I am more amazed. The other is #12 Jequez Ezzard. He was our most explosive offensive player all season but has been held in check most of the playoffs. I think he might have a nagging injury. Anyway, if he gets going we will be hard to stop.

That was a heck of a catch he made there. Our Defense had 7 red-shirt and true freshman playing and it showed. Offensive Line was on it 4th different combination after another injury last week. Not taking anything away from Sammy, they outplayed us at every level, except Special teams. You all gotta get that fixed though.

Daytripper
May 4th, 2021, 10:16 AM
That was a heck of a catch he made there. Our Defense had 7 red-shirt and true freshman playing and it showed. Offensive Line was on it 4th different combination after another injury last week. Not taking anything away from Sammy, they outplayed us at every level, except Special teams. You all gotta get that fixed though.

That is really the first time all year that our special teams has come up short. We have been pretty consistent and sometimes very good. Hopefully, it was just a one-off bad day.

Bearkat-Backer
May 4th, 2021, 10:44 AM
That is really the first time all year that our special teams has come up short. We have been pretty consistent and sometimes very good. Hopefully, it was just a one-off bad day.

In the press conference after the game, Keeler said he subbed out some of the defensive starters that were also on special teams to keep them fresh against the Bison offense. Admitted it was a mistake and was on him.

TheRevSFA
May 4th, 2021, 10:44 AM
I’m going to be honest, I seriously doubt JMU can run on us, their best bet is to get the passing game going but it will have to be quick passes as our D Line lives in the backfield. Watching JMU on D, I think scoring will be much easier than NDSU. I think SH wins by 2 TD’s at home. Power run game doesn’t work on SH D.

I agree on this. I don't think JMU's offensive line matches well with Sam's front 7....

acbearkat
May 4th, 2021, 11:33 AM
I agree on this. I don't think JMU's offensive line matches well with Sam's front 7....

If we get everyone back in the fall, I don't think SFA's will in October, either, assuming there are no major injuries on the defensive line between now and then. That Sam Houston defensive line can blow up an offensive game plan in a hurry. It was the defense that won the 2019 SFA game for us, because Ty Brock was injured, and should not have been playing. If Eric Schmid had been healthy, Sam wins that game in a blowout, and beats Lamar the next week. I think Lamar will have a tough time in the fall, judging on what I saw from them in the spring. I think we'll see similar results to what we saw in Beaumont in the spring this fall in Huntsville.

Puddin Tane
May 4th, 2021, 12:01 PM

- - - Updated - -

no, everybody’s dl looked great against us. All freshmen line, running that gawd awful Air Force crap. I was hoping for Scottie Walden, but we went with Morgan. I like that he wants to build the team thru freshmen, don’t know if that’s doable in this instant gratification age. Also, a lot of the real “talent” goes off to school.

Ive watched quite a few of Sams games. Helluva dline.

lionsrking2
May 4th, 2021, 12:23 PM
If we get everyone back in the fall, I don't think SFA's will in October, either, assuming there are no major injuries on the defensive line between now and then. That Sam Houston defensive line can blow up an offensive game plan in a hurry. It was the defense that won the 2019 SFA game for us, because Ty Brock was injured, and should not have been playing. If Eric Schmid had been healthy, Sam wins that game in a blowout, and beats Lamar the next week. I think Lamar will have a tough time in the fall, judging on what I saw from them in the spring. I think we'll see similar results to what we saw in Beaumont in the spring this fall in Huntsville.

I think Lamar will be a lot better in the fall. How many games they'll win/lose is another issue entirely, but they showed vast improvement from game 1 to game 6 when they played us. They kinda remind me of us when Ron Roberts took over in 2012. Terrible to start the year, got better as the season went and carried over into 2013. Remember, Sam Houston beat us 70-0 in 2012 — we beat Sam Houston twice in 2013, including playoffs. Not saying Lamar will have that drastic a turnaround but if they get the right transfers to mold with the young players they're bringing back, they'll be a much better football team. The offense they run can be very effective with the right personnel.

BNATION
May 4th, 2021, 12:34 PM
Man there has been a lot more antagonistic JMU posters in the past... where y’all at!?!?!?!?

POD Knows
May 4th, 2021, 12:39 PM
Man there has been a lot more antagonistic JMU posters in the past... where y’all at!?!?!?!?Yea, where is AlexAle when you need him.

acbearkat
May 4th, 2021, 12:41 PM
I think Lamar will be a lot better in the fall. How many games they'll win/lose is another issue entirely, but they showed vast improvement from game 1 to game 6 when they played us. They kinda remind me of us when Ron Roberts took over in 2012. Terrible to start the year, got better as the season went and carried over into 2013. Remember, Sam Houston beat us 70-0 in 2012 — we beat Sam Houston twice in 2013, including playoffs. Not saying Lamar will have that drastic a turnaround but if they get the right transfers to mold with the young players they're bringing back, they'll be a much better football team. The offense they run can be very effective with the right personnel.

The problem with running the triple option is you are making harder for you to recruit. Lamar is sitting in the middle of a recruiting hotbed, with programs such as West Orange Stark and Port Neches-Groves nearby (West Orange Stark has produced many D1 players and PNG has two players currently at Texas), and not to mention the Houston area is just to the west of Beaumont. As long as they are wanting to run the triple option, Lamar will have to rely on transfers to run the offense effectively. Moving away from the option for Sam was a good idea as it makes recruiting skill players, especially receivers, easier to do.

KPSUL
May 4th, 2021, 03:09 PM

The game will be close in the 1st half, I wouldn't be surprised to see SHSU with a one score lead, or less, at the half. But in that scenario the JMU running game will wear down the SHSU Defense in the second half - their running back by committee is just too good. To win SHSU needs to get out fast and make JMU chase points. A few turnovers would aid in the happening. Cole Johnson is no Bryan Schorr, Vad Lee or Ben DiNucci. No way is he going to win in a shoot out against a team like SHSU.
But I envision they stay close and beat you down in the 2nd half scenario - that's why I'm picking JMU in this one.

KPSUL
May 4th, 2021, 03:17 PM

There are some things you could criticize Cignetti for, but running up scores is not one of them. JMU had the ball on the ND 2 yardline with over a minute to play and he ran 2 victory formations. He also let up on the gas pedal at the end of the Richmond game and could have scored a lot more on Robert Morris this season.

KPSUL
May 4th, 2021, 03:19 PM
Man there has been a lot more antagonistic JMU posters in the past... where y’all at!?!?!?!?

No problem, a few of you SHSU guys are making up for it.

Daytripper
May 4th, 2021, 03:25 PM
No problem, a few of you SHSU guys are making up for it.

I miss Hootie Hoo

TheRevSFA
May 4th, 2021, 03:32 PM

Well seeing as how SFA went 4-7 that year, they didn't look good against anyone, but we've rebuilt some. Guess we will see in October (hopefully)

Daytripper
May 4th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Well seeing as how SFA went 4-7 that year, they didn't look good against anyone, but we've rebuilt some. Guess we will see in October (hopefully)

I'm thinking about following Carthel on twitter after his EatEmUpKats shoutout.

acbearkat
May 4th, 2021, 03:51 PM

The really dumb decision on SFA's part was giving Clint Conque a two-year contract extension after two consecutive losing seasons. It all depends on how healthy the team is in October, and if Schmid plays well. If he plays like he did Sunday, then it will be tough to beat us, but if he plays like he did against Northwestern State and McNeese, that's a totally different story. We have UCA in Conway the week before SFA, Lamar after that, and two weeks after that, Jacksonville State in Huntsville. I'm thinking of making the trip to Huntsville to go to the Lamar and Jacksonville State games, and I might make the short drive to Nacogdoches to catch an SFA game. I don't like driving to and from Nacogdoches because of the construction changes on 59. I just don't like the construction they did on 59 North.

POD Knows
May 4th, 2021, 04:08 PM
There are some things you could criticize Cignetti for, but running up scores is not one of them. JMU had the ball on the ND 2 yardline with over a minute to play and he ran 2 victory formations. He also let up on the gas pedal at the end of the Richmond game and could have scored a lot more on Robert Morris this season.He could have ran three victory formations and still ran the clock out, they tried to score when the game was mathematically over and got a guy injured.

KPSUL
May 4th, 2021, 04:20 PM
He could have ran three victory formations and still ran the clock out, they tried to score when the game was mathematically over and got a guy injured.

Cignetti is not even in the conversation when talking about coaches who would run the score up. But I haven't liked the guy since he did a touch and go landing at Elon on his way to JMU. I think even less of the JMU administration for hiring him out from under Elon and taking much of the coaching staff with him just as Elon had become competitive in the conference for the first time.

TheRevSFA
May 4th, 2021, 04:28 PM
Cignetti is not even in the conversation when talking about coaches who would run the score up. But I haven't liked the guy since he did a touch and go landing at Elon on his way to JMU. I think even less of the JMU administration for hiring him out from under Elon and taking much of the coaching staff with him just as Elon had become competitive in the conference for the first time.

Well if you can't beat 'em......hire 'em

BNATION
May 4th, 2021, 04:46 PM
There are some things you could criticize Cignetti for, but running up scores is not one of them. JMU had the ball on the ND 2 yardline with over a minute to play and he ran 2 victory formations. He also let up on the gas pedal at the end of the Richmond game and could have scored a lot more on Robert Morris this season.
Wrong, he has had a "chip" on his shoulder due to seeding, and he was wanting to prove the committee wrong. Don't worry, we will knock it off. JMU's offensive line did not look dominating at all, we should have no problem with their "stable of backs". JMU can absolutely win this game, but it will be because their QB is on the money, and that freshman receiver has a monster game.

acbearkat
May 4th, 2021, 04:59 PM

If it weren’t for four turnovers, Sam could have hung at least 80 points on Lamar back in March. That Lamar team was flat out trash. Despite four turnovers (Lamar also had four turnovers), the final score was 62-7. Lamar had 26 rushing yards on 33 attempts.

BNATION
May 4th, 2021, 05:22 PM
If it weren’t for four turnovers, Sam could have hung at least 80 points on Lamar back in March. That Lamar team was flat out trash. Despite four turnovers (Lamar also had four turnovers), the final score was 62-7. Lamar had 26 rushing yards on 33 attempts.

Not sure why we are hung up on Lamar and SFA on this thread. Save it for the fall. Let’s talk about JMU @ SHSU

KPSUL
May 4th, 2021, 05:44 PM
Well if you can't beat 'em......hire 'em

Exactly what happened!

KPSUL
May 4th, 2021, 06:03 PM
Wrong, he has had a "chip" on his shoulder due to seeding, and he was wanting to prove the committee wrong. Don't worry, we will knock it off. JMU's offensive line did not look dominating at all, we should have no problem with their "stable of backs". JMU can absolutely win this game, but it will be because their QB is on the money, and that freshman receiver has a monster game.

If they have to rely on their QB and one receiver, Sam wins. But that's probably not what's going to happen. Against good teams, JMU wins in the 2nd half and the only way to beat them is to make them play catchup all game. That takes turnovers and big plays. I'm sure SHSU has a solid defense and JMU is not going to run over them from the opening kickoff. There is nothing new about JMU's style of play they just seem to do it better than their opponents think they can.

Nickels
May 4th, 2021, 06:06 PM
Not sure why we are hung up on Lamar and SFA on this thread. Save it for the fall. Let’s talk about JMU @ SHSU
xnodx

Puddin Tane
May 4th, 2021, 06:17 PM

they mad cuz i said sammys offense looked like crap against the bizone.

If y’all are happy with the offense the last couple of weeks.......xthumbsupx

acbearkat
May 4th, 2021, 06:19 PM
they mad cuz i said sammys offense looked like crap against the bizone.

If y’all are happy with the offense the last couple of weeks.......xthumbsupx

Winning cures everything. The offense hasn’t been great, but they’ve made enough plays. It’s been the defense that’s carried us.

Puddin Tane
May 4th, 2021, 06:20 PM
The game will be close in the 1st half, I wouldn't be surprised to see SHSU with a one score lead, or less, at the half. But in that scenario the JMU running game will wear down the SHSU Defense in the second half - their running back by committee is just too good. To win SHSU needs to get out fast and make JMU chase points. A few turnovers would aid in the happening. Cole Johnson is no Bryan Schorr, Vad Lee or Ben DiNucci. No way is he going to win in a shoot out against a team like SHSU.
But I envision the stay close and beat you down in the 2nd half scenario - that's why I'm picking JMU in this one.

JMU is gonna have to pass to win

and as far as running it up? Naw, gotta be a lot worse than that

Puddin Tane
May 4th, 2021, 06:23 PM
Winning cures everything. The offense hasn’t been great, but they’ve made enough plays. It’s been the defense that’s carried us.

hey, I’m pulling for Sammy. I just wish Schmid would hit some of those wide open receivers

Puddin Tane
May 4th, 2021, 06:27 PM
JMU has some freshman td machine averaging 20 yards a catch. Sam better put 2 on him

POD Knows
May 4th, 2021, 06:28 PM
Cignetti is not even in the conversation when talking about coaches who would run the score up. But I haven't liked the guy since he did a touch and go landing at Elon on his way to JMU. I think even less of the JMU administration for hiring him out from under Elon and taking much of the coaching staff with him just as Elon had become competitive in the conference for the first time.Yea, I don't think he runs scores up, he just bugs me, not real sure why, maybe it is his face. I didn't understand that running play with a minute left, could have just been a brain fart or maybe an OC with a short dick problem, who knows.

BNATION
May 4th, 2021, 06:43 PM
If they have to rely on their QB and one receiver, Sam wins. But that's probably not what's going to happen. Against good teams, JMU wins in the 2nd half and the only way to beat them is to make them play catchup all game. That takes turnovers and big plays. I'm sure SHSU has a solid defense and JMU is not going to run over them from the opening kickoff. There is nothing new about JMU's style of play they just seem to do it better than their opponents think they can.
Agree to disagree. I think they will have less success than NDSU running the ball.

Chalupa Batman
May 4th, 2021, 06:54 PM
Yea, I don't think he runs scores up, he just bugs me, not real sure why, maybe it is his face. I didn't understand that running play with a minute left, could have just been a brain fart or maybe an OC with a short dick problem, who knows.

Can't remember where I saw it but after the selection show in '19 someone said he has "resting bitch face" and that seems very accurate.

McNeese72
May 4th, 2021, 06:56 PM
Jahari Kay. I believe it was dehydration. I'm worried that sometimes that is difficult to recover from. Other than that I think there were only a few nicks and bruises. Hopefully everybody is full speed on Saturday.

Good. I enjoyed watching your defense. I want to see them at full strength against JMU.

Doc

Chalupa Batman
May 4th, 2021, 06:59 PM
Agree to disagree. I think they will less success than NDSU running the ball.

No I think they'll have more success than we did because there's more of a passing threat with them. Plus their line is going to be better than the one we had out on the field Sunday. I don't think they run wild, but they're going to be able to sustain drives much better than we did. I think something like 40 carries for 150-170 yards.

Dawgz
May 4th, 2021, 08:00 PM

Jmu can easily go 5-6 deep at the RB position. They have plenty of horses ready to run. They will run, run, run, suck the safeties up and then strike over the top. I just hope it's a good game this time around and I suspect it will be. I like the Dukes 27-24. I think they keep the ball out of SHSU's hands and chew the clock up in the second half.

Puddin Tane
May 4th, 2021, 10:17 PM
Jmu can easily go 5-6 deep at the RB position. They have plenty of horses ready to run. They will run, run, run, suck the safeties up and then strike over the top. I just hope it's a good game this time around and I suspect it will be. I like the Dukes 27-24. I think they keep the ball out of SHSU's hands and chew the clock up in the second half.

yeah, while looking on their website, I see they have been busting off some long td passes.

might be a lil gusty in Huntsville this weekend. Depends on which weather site I look at. Dunno if the wind messes things up much at Bowers.

gokat89
May 5th, 2021, 07:28 AM

I agree on the hydration but #55 is originally from California and a junior college transfer. However, we dont know the full circumstances either. He will be fine.

gokat89
May 5th, 2021, 07:31 AM

All those freshman were apparently just fine vs E Washington when they put up 40+ points and 400+ yards rushing , now they werent that good when they played SHSU?

Mfergy4
May 5th, 2021, 07:44 AM
All those freshman were apparently just fine vs E Washington when they put up 40+ points and 400+ yards rushing , now they werent that good when they played SHSU?

Sam Houston was a much better team than E. Washington and better coached. Our team has been great one game, just good enough the next, and down right youthful stupid in others. In this game, lack of of experience in play recognition and proper gap play showed. Your coaching staff saw that in the films and really played the fiddle beautifully against us. Raw talent and youth can only get you so far in the play-offs and that showed against a great Sam Houston Team. xbowxxbowx

DirtyDukes
May 5th, 2021, 12:27 PM

Well I can't resist the chance to dunk on MK again. Hope you're doing well.

He could have ran three victory formations and still ran the clock out, they tried to score when the game was mathematically over and got a guy injured.

That didn't happen. The guy had a stinger and was fine. No injury.

Agree to disagree. I think they will have less success than NDSU running the ball.

Have you watched our team this season at all?!?! I mean I'm not saying it'll be 65-7, but I think you can look at the stats in post #1 alone and see that won't be the case.

POD Knows
May 5th, 2021, 08:42 PM
Can't remember where I saw it but after the selection show in '19 someone said he has "resting bitch face" and that seems very accurate.Dude, a guy from Bisonville broke the code on Cignetti's face, the guy looks exactly like how Beavis would look like if Beavis was older and not a an animated character. I am working on the pics now.

https://i.imgur.com/44T8lFB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EkYy9yS.jpg

knit35
May 5th, 2021, 08:48 PM
Dude, a guy from Bisonville broke the code on Cignetti's face, the guy looks exactly like how Beavis would look like if Beavis was older and not a an animated character. I am working on the pics now.

Huh huh........Cool

BNATION
May 5th, 2021, 09:04 PM
Dude, a guy from Bisonville broke the code on Cignetti's face, the guy looks exactly like how Beavis would look like if Beavis was older and not a an animated character. I am working on the pics now.

Most punchable face in football right there.

Chalupa Batman
May 5th, 2021, 09:28 PM

Now whenever I see him on the sideline all I’m going to be able to hear is “huh huh. Hey Beavis.......what play should we call here? Huh huh”

Paladin1aa
May 5th, 2021, 09:29 PM
I’ve been picking JMU at each playoff game for one major reason - OC Shane Montgomery. Montgomery was a long time OC at YSU and was one of the very few competent coaches they had for decades. His offenses always produced yards and scores. He has done this when he lacked stars, having only average talent, and appears JMU is average but the O is effective. I look for another game where Montgomery calls another winning attack.

David1201
May 5th, 2021, 10:07 PM
Well, I was dead wrong about the last game. I still dont see us winning this one though. JMU just looks real tough. I hope I'm dead wrong though. Want to see my school win its first title.

DirtyDukes
May 5th, 2021, 11:39 PM
If you guys have a problem with Cignetti's very average looking face but have no problem with KC Keeler looking exactly like this guy, I dunno what to tell you:

https://gobearkats.com/images/2020/11/10/Keeler_KC.jpg?width=300http://pm1.narvii.com/6694/85dffce886ac408d304b0f6aac399a6c63f1482f_00.jpg

Mfergy4
May 6th, 2021, 01:25 PM
If you guys have a problem with Cignetti's very average looking face but have no problem with KC Keeler looking exactly like this guy, I dunno what to tell you:

https://gobearkats.com/images/2020/11/10/Keeler_KC.jpg?width=300http://pm1.narvii.com/6694/85dffce886ac408d304b0f6aac399a6c63f1482f_00.jpg

Whoa! Apples Versus Oranges!!!! One has a super high and deep evil intelligence....The other is so dumb he makes an ameba look like a super Einstein. So what you all trying to say here??

Daytripper
May 6th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Whoa! Apples Versus Oranges!!!! One has a super high and deep evil intelligence....The other is so dumb he makes an ameba look like a super Einstein. So what you all trying to say here??

I think Keeler and Cignetti have the same barber.

TheRevSFA
May 6th, 2021, 02:04 PM

Except that's butthead......

JMU2K_DukeDawg
May 6th, 2021, 02:41 PM
It’s definitely going to be a good game. JMU is peaking at the right time, but the short travel week totally mitigates that point. It will come down to execution and mistakes. Both teams have solid defenses, starting with great D-lines and playmakers in the secondary. I do think JMU will be able to run better than some here think. Yes, always a few 1 or 2 yard gains, but then you’ll see some big runs too.

As a JMU fan, I am most worried about Cole Johnson throwing INTs. He’s been better as of late, but he does try to force it at times. On the other hand, the long passes are starting to connect. When that happens, it’s tough to beat the Dukes. I think losing All-American Sr T Fornadel in Week 1 really took its toll on the offense to start the season. A true freshman has filled in and just gotten better every week.

On the other side for SHSU, look at what Trey Lance did to our did last year in the NC. That’s your blueprint. I saw plenty of scrambles and designed runs from Shmid last week. He has the potential to really extend drives with his legs and keep a generally fundamentally sound defense on its heels. I don’t expect he will get sacked, but he will be pressured. It will be key for JMU to contain him if they want to win.

If this game were at JMU and DB McCormick weren’t out with injury, I’d say JMU by 10-14. However, on the road with a short week, JMU by 3-7 points. 31-27 Dukes.

Good luck SHSU - we all know this is a far different team you have than the 2016 version that ran into a buzzsaw in Harrisonburg.

caribbeanhen
May 6th, 2021, 03:02 PM
It’s not 2016 and that is certain

The Sammy QB will not be wearing a Micheal Jackson glove

and Brian Schor is not in Texas on Saturday

KC Just does not lose home playoff games

For all of the above reasons Im going all down on Sam Houston to win this game

BEAR
May 6th, 2021, 03:15 PM
Except that's butthead......

You have to say that correctly...." Except that's butthead dumb@ss"
https://media.giphy.com/media/wjYzuHH0An2WA/giphy.gif

POD Knows
May 6th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Except that's butthead......Oh yea, damn, it has been a long time since I watched that. Beavis is the blond haired moron.

lionsrking2
May 6th, 2021, 05:08 PM
It’s definitely going to be a good game. JMU is peaking at the right time, but the short travel week totally mitigates that point. It will come down to execution and mistakes. Both teams have solid defenses, starting with great D-lines and playmakers in the secondary. I do think JMU will be able to run better than some here think. Yes, always a few 1 or 2 yard gains, but then you’ll see some big runs too.

As a JMU fan, I am most worried about Cole Johnson throwing INTs. He’s been better as of late, but he does try to force it at times. On the other hand, the long passes are starting to connect. When that happens, it’s tough to beat the Dukes. I think losing All-American Sr T Fornadel in Week 1 really took its toll on the offense to start the season. A true freshman has filled in and just gotten better every week.

On the other side for SHSU, look at what Trey Lance did to our did last year in the NC. That’s your blueprint. I saw plenty of scrambles and designed runs from Shmid last week. He has the potential to really extend drives with his legs and keep a generally fundamentally sound defense on its heels. I don’t expect he will get sacked, but he will be pressured. It will be key for JMU to contain him if they want to win.

If this game were at JMU and DB McCormick weren’t out with injury, I’d say JMU by 10-14. However, on the road with a short week, JMU by 3-7 points. 31-27 Dukes.

Good luck SHSU - we all know this is a far different team you have than the 2016 version that ran into a buzzsaw in Harrisonburg.
JMU won't score 31 points unless there are special teams or defensive scores. Sam will make them one dimensional and not sure the QB is good enough to .ake them pay. Sam wins 27-14.

Daytripper
May 6th, 2021, 05:30 PM
JMU won't score 31 points unless there are special teams or defensive scores. Sam will make them one dimensional and not sure the QB is good enough to .ake them pay. Sam wins 27-14.

You are more confident than I am.

Nickels
May 6th, 2021, 05:31 PM
Their QB will have to be Cole Kelley good to have a chance and frankly, he isn't close.

lionsrking2
May 6th, 2021, 06:52 PM
You are more confident than I am.

I've watched plenty of tape. Kats will win the natty.

lionsrking2
May 6th, 2021, 06:54 PM
Their QB will have to be Cole Kelley good to have a chance and frankly, he isn't close.
No he isn't. That's why I don't think they can score more than 14-17 offensive points. The run will get shut down.

Puddin Tane
May 6th, 2021, 09:17 PM

I don’t think you need a really good qb to pass on Sam. Nwst, Mcneese, Monmouth all had pretty good games thru the air with average qbs.

they just gotta keep from getting burned deep

acbearkat
May 6th, 2021, 10:27 PM
I don’t think you need a really good qb to pass on Sam. Nwst, Mcneese, Monmouth all had pretty good games thru the air with average qbs.

Our offense had a hard time moving the ball against Northwestern State, McNeese and Monmouth, which kept the defense on the field. Northwestern State also had plenty of success throwing the football against UIW.

Puddin Tane
May 7th, 2021, 12:20 AM
Our offense had a hard time moving the ball against Northwestern State, McNeese and Monmouth, which kept the defense on the field. Northwestern State also had plenty of success throwing the football against UIW.

it’s a wacky game. Nwst qb looked like Nuke Laloosh in Bmt.

I like Sams chances if they are successful vs the deep ball

lionsrking2
May 7th, 2021, 03:43 AM

Yeah but they scored 16, 13, and 15 points respectively. It takes a really good QB to sustain drives and put points on the board.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
May 7th, 2021, 05:54 AM
Greg Madia, sports writer for the Daily News-Record (local Harrisonburg, VA paper), has a podcast and this week's was really solid on the upcoming game. Although a writer for the Dukes hometown, it is a very balanced take and incorporates perspectives from coaches, players, and journalists for both teams. Highly recommend it for a more nuanced, complete analysis of what these two teams are up against in facing each other Saturday.

https://www.dnronline.com/the-walkthrough-podcast---previewing-jmu-sam-houston/html_dfb07689-2d72-5d72-9aad-19ac0b21cc44.html

One of the interesting subplots here is that JMU's O-line coach is the former Delaware O-line coach under Keeler. They both know each other, so JMU will have a great idea of what Keeler is wanting to do on defense (this SHSU team is SO in the mold of Keeler's squads), while SHSU will also be prepared for the O-line's tendencies/tricks. Given the chatter about JMU's run game and SHSU's run-D, this is probably the most interesting aspect of the game within the game to watch.

If JMU drops back for 17 pass attempts (a la vs. UND), then I am pretty confident the Dukes are winning. If it is closer to 25+ attempts, something probably went very wrong, and it is not necessarily on Cole Johnson. Watch for the big plays from JMU. This is where JMU can deceive you IMO. One drive will stall and they look pedestrian. But as soon as you get a play with an athlete in space, then you start to see the 10, 15, 20 yard plays add up quickly and defenses often can't figure out how to compensate without leaving themselves exposed in another area. With all due respect to NDSU, JMU is much more capable of converting 3rd and long (though it is never preferred). I do expect a number of 3rd and long situations for both teams this weekend.

Slow starts and big finishes are common with JMU lately. This has not been an issue because the defense is strong enough to allow this without having to play catch up. Just a few thoughts, can't wait to see how this plays out!

Bearkat04
May 7th, 2021, 06:53 AM
Greg Madia, sports writer for the Daily News-Record (local Harrisonburg, VA paper), has a podcast and this week's was really solid on the upcoming game. Although a writer for the Dukes hometown, it is a very balanced take and incorporates perspectives from coaches, players, and journalists for both teams. Highly recommend it for a more nuanced, complete analysis of what these two teams are up against in facing each other Saturday.

https://www.dnronline.com/the-walkthrough-podcast---previewing-jmu-sam-houston/html_dfb07689-2d72-5d72-9aad-19ac0b21cc44.html

One of the interesting subplots here is that JMU's O-line coach is the former Delaware O-line coach under Keeler. They both know each other, so JMU will have a great idea of what Keeler is wanting to do on defense (this SHSU team is SO in the mold of Keeler's squads), while SHSU will also be prepared for the O-line's tendencies/tricks. Given the chatter about JMU's run game and SHSU's run-D, this is probably the most interesting aspect of the game within the game to watch.

If JMU drops back for 17 pass attempts (a la vs. UND), then I am pretty confident the Dukes are winning. If it is closer to 25+ attempts, something probably went very wrong, and it is not necessarily on Cole Johnson. Watch for the big plays from JMU. This is where JMU can deceive you IMO. One drive will stall and they look pedestrian. But as soon as you get a play with an athlete in space, then you start to see the 10, 15, 20 yard plays add up quickly and defenses often can't figure out how to compensate without leaving themselves exposed in another area. With all due respect to NDSU, JMU is much more capable of converting 3rd and long (though it is never preferred). I do expect a number of 3rd and long situations for both teams this weekend.

Slow starts and big finishes are common with JMU lately. This has not been an issue because the defense is strong enough to allow this without having to play catch up. Just a few thoughts, can't wait to see how this plays out!

All fair points for both sides. This game is very straightforward. For Sam to win they have to stop the run and stop the deep passing attack and for JMU to win they have be successful running and hit some deep stuff or have a few big plays.

Another key for Sam is our running game. Sure we would like the RB’s to be able to do what they want but I’m specifically mentioning this for Our qb. He is a threat and of he can extend plays. If he can grab 50+ on the ground I feel good about our chances

caribbeanhen
May 7th, 2021, 08:04 AM
Keeler has been in FCS for so long that you can trace back every coach to him....

Wrobo the UD guy now at JMU, is just another one on a long list

BNATION
May 7th, 2021, 08:16 AM
Its gonna be a bloodbath...........

Bearkat04
May 7th, 2021, 08:38 AM
it’s a wacky game. Nwst qb looked like Nuke Laloosh in Bmt.

I like Sams chances if they are successful vs the deep ball

He was wearing woman’s underwear under his uniform? Or just breathing through his eyes?

DirtyDukes
May 7th, 2021, 08:50 AM
Its gonna be a bloodbath...........

It sure is!

TheRevSFA
May 7th, 2021, 09:34 AM
Oh yea, damn, it has been a long time since I watched that. Beavis is the blond haired moron.

shut up, Beavis...

milleniumkat
May 8th, 2021, 06:25 AM

Isnt that Butthead?

POD Knows
May 8th, 2021, 08:02 AM
Isnt that Butthead?Yep, I got them mixed up,

Bearkat04
May 8th, 2021, 08:34 AM
I posted this question on katfans a few min ago but I figured this would give me a better answer.

Does a win today over JMU finally give Sam its national respect? Would have taken out our recent (and everyone else’s) arch nemesis in NDSU and a team who over the last few years has been on par with NDSU in JMU. That 65-7 beat down was embarrassing and today we could avenge that. So would we get the respect or will everyone say it’s some sort of abbreviated asterisk type deal?

Daytripper
May 8th, 2021, 08:36 AM
I posted this question on katfans a few min ago but I figured this would give me a better answer.

Does a win today over JMU finally give Sam its national respect? Would have taken out our recent (and everyone else’s) arch nemesis in NDSU and a team who over the last few years has been on par with NDSU in JMU. That 65-7 beat down was embarrassing and today we could avenge that. So would we get the respect or will everyone say it’s some sort of abbreviated asterisk type deal?

We have national respect overall relative to FCS. The disrespect is only a couple of fanbases (I'm looking at you JMU and JSU).

Bearkat04
May 8th, 2021, 08:57 AM
We have national respect overall relative to FCS. The disrespect is only a couple of fanbases (I'm looking at you JMU and JSU).

Oh I know that. But in our only extended stretch of relevance we Havnt truly gotten over the hump so to speak. Mostly ndsu but 2 beat downs by jmu and jsu.
We have to win a championship to truly get it. But does winning today change the narrative for everyone?

jmu007
May 8th, 2021, 01:19 PM
Lol by disrespect, you mean the 5-10 people on Twitter. Sam Houston has been a top FCS team for a decade. Pretty sure most JMU fans I deal with agree with this. I wouldn’t worry about the trolls but whatever works.

Nickels
May 8th, 2021, 01:36 PM
You guys are right. His face is very punchable.

Nickels
May 8th, 2021, 01:39 PM
LOL

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 01:40 PM
JMU dynasty goes 3 and out to start.

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible punt wow.

Nickels
May 8th, 2021, 01:43 PM
Nice stand by JMU.

Bison56
JMU with goal line stand.

lionsrking2
Terrible playcalling

acbearkat
JMU with goal line stand.

Should have taken the points.

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 01:45 PM
Should have taken the points.

Or just had faith and ran it on 3rd instead of getting cute.

lionsrking2
May 8th, 2021, 01:49 PM
Definitely go for it because you’re going to get it right back in good field position — just call better plays.

Bisonoline
May 8th, 2021, 01:49 PM
Keeler just cant get out of his own way.

Nickels
May 8th, 2021, 01:53 PM
So is the offensive plan to get our QB killed?

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Terrible play calling by Sam Houston.

Nickels
May 8th, 2021, 02:04 PM
Schmid needs to calm down.

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 02:04 PM
Sammy WR hands arent working well.

Nickels
May 8th, 2021, 02:11 PM
Damn. We were in a good rhythm too.

lionsrking2
May 8th, 2021, 02:14 PM
Damn. We were in a good rhythm too.

What happened to Schmid. He looks likes a pitcher with the yips.

LuckyKat
May 8th, 2021, 02:16 PM
gees man, just relax , everyone , including our coaches, JMU is clearly over matched seems like every where,
so just stay cool run our base stuff, and sent these front runners back to where ever they came from

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 02:17 PM
Sam blinked first.

LuckyKat
May 8th, 2021, 02:23 PM
i heard someone say JMU could run the football?????

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 02:26 PM

They also have a chip on their shoulder for not getting the 1 seed.xcoffeex

Chalupa Batman
May 8th, 2021, 02:29 PM
They also have a chip on their shoulder for not getting the 1 seed.xcoffeex

They should’ve just received a bye all the way to Frisco.

lionsrking2
May 8th, 2021, 02:31 PM
Not today

- - - Updated - - -

Deer in headlights

Nickels
May 8th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Schmid banged up and rattled.

Nickels
May 8th, 2021, 02:47 PM
D taking the series off.

hebmskebm
May 8th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Sammy falling apart here at the end of the half.

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Falling apart

semobison
May 8th, 2021, 02:49 PM
Sammy in trouble!

Nickels
May 8th, 2021, 02:52 PM
Welp. Was a fun spring season.

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 02:53 PM
Bench him he is playing scared.

Prime Power
May 8th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Epic collapse happening right now....

acbearkat
May 8th, 2021, 02:54 PM
It looks our season is over. The offense can’t move the ball and our defense is now getting gashed.

lionsrking2
May 8th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Sam tapped out early today.

BNATION
May 8th, 2021, 02:56 PM
And here we are.....

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 02:57 PM
JMU fans trashing stadium

Schism55
May 8th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Left to run a couple quick errands, get back and this game is completely out of hand now xeyebrowx

acbearkat
That offensive line is a problem that must be addressed.

Prime Power
Went from 3 all to 24-3 in less than 5 minutes ..ouch

skinny_uncle
May 8th, 2021, 03:08 PM
Wow!

Dawgz
May 8th, 2021, 03:19 PM
What is going on here Sammy? I thought your defense would shut JMU down? Win or lose you did not shut the Dukes down!

ysubigred
May 8th, 2021, 03:28 PM
Hey! I'm wondering what channel is the Keeler bowl on next week?

Inquiring mind want to know...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 03:28 PM
Idiot

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 03:29 PM
What is going on here Sammy? I thought your defense would shut JMU down? Win or lose you did not shut the Dukes down!

Look a Dook fan showing up when they have the lead. xcoffeex

Dawgz
May 8th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Look a Dook fan showing up when they have the lead. xcoffeex

Oh look one of the smelly bisons care what JMU and their fans are doing. How cute! How are the smelly bisons doing today?

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Oh look one of the smelly bisons care what JMU and their fans are doing. How cute! How are the smelly bisons doing today?

No idea Im not on the team.

BEAR
May 8th, 2021, 03:47 PM
Sammy's offense is doing what I thought they would...

Sader87
May 8th, 2021, 03:51 PM
Big FG

Dawgz
May 8th, 2021, 03:51 PM
No idea Im not on the team.

Fan or player you are still one of the smelly bisons. Take L from last weekend, move on, and spend some time with your momma this weekend. I am done here. See you smelly bisons next year hopefully.

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 03:53 PM
xlolx nice run after the catch.

Schism55
May 8th, 2021, 03:53 PM
Wow huge play, we got a game!

BEAR
May 8th, 2021, 03:54 PM
DB went that way
RB went that way..
DB said "where'd he go???!!!"

TD. xlolx

caribbeanhen
May 8th, 2021, 03:54 PM
Sammy needs a quick strike

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 03:55 PM
Sammy D needs to step up.

Prime Power
May 8th, 2021, 03:55 PM
Sammy D needs to step up big time.

BEAR
May 8th, 2021, 03:56 PM
Oh crap.........

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 03:56 PM
Oh my

caribbeanhen
May 8th, 2021, 03:59 PM
That looked horrible

BEAR
May 8th, 2021, 04:00 PM
Dang they brought that gurney out quick........

Bisonoline
May 8th, 2021, 04:00 PM
Head to head hit full speed.

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 04:05 PM
JMU WR has to go for the first down there.

Schism55
Damn! What a return!

Prime Power
Holy ****

skinny_uncle
May 8th, 2021, 04:06 PM
Things are getting interesting.

BEAR
May 8th, 2021, 04:07 PM
Dang JMU defense crumbling...

ysubigred
Hey! I'm wondering what channel is the Keeler bowl on next week?

Inquiring mind want to know...

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkYou're welcome [emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sader87
Well that was quick....thought that FG would seal it....

Dawgz
Piss poor punt coverage. Great return there. #12 is single handedly eating JMU up.

Nickels
Wow.

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 04:08 PM
Fan or player you are still one of the smelly bisons. Take L from last weekend, move on, and spend some time with your momma this weekend. I am done here. See you smelly bisons next year hopefully.

Good thing you left.

Schism55
Holy crap balls

Lehigh'98
Wild game here!

Bison56
Wow

Prime Power
Epic collapse happening right now....

....and again

BEAR
More than their defense crumbing

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 04:10 PM
Wild and crazy stuff.

BEAR
May 8th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Looks like one coach made adjustments at halftime

BNATION
May 8th, 2021, 04:12 PM
This place is fu&$@!? Rocking!

Bisonator
Wow this has gotten nuts. Looks like duke fans blew their streamers just in time. xlolx

Dawgz
Good thing you left.

I am back cupcake! What do you have to say? Wanna tell me how good your smelly bisons are or how *****ty JMU looks right now?

Bison56
I am back cupcake! What do you have to say? Wanna tell me how good your smelly bisons are or how *****ty JMU looks right now?

xlolxcalm down bud.

acbearkat
May 8th, 2021, 04:13 PM
The offense has woken up.

semobison
May 8th, 2021, 04:14 PM
28 unanswered by Sammy...Wow!

Schism55
May 8th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Are you KIDDING me?!?

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 04:16 PM
Dooks are dooking all over themselves.

Bisonator
May 8th, 2021, 04:16 PM
smelly bisons huh? that sounds awfully familiar bud you wouldn't be the duke fan pudknocker bulldogg that's been trolling the BV board all week are you? Talk about a lame mfer haha

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 04:19 PM
smelly bisons huh? that sounds awfully familiar bud you wouldn't be the duke fan pudknocker bulldogg that's been trolling the BV board all week are you? Talk about a lame mfer haha

Those Dook fans only come around when they are winning.

Dawgz
May 8th, 2021, 04:19 PM

No sir. Nice guess though. I am not on Bisonsville at all. Thanks for asking though.

knit35
May 8th, 2021, 04:20 PM
Fantastic adjustments from Sam with some awful play performance for JMU. Credit to Sam. Great second half. Wow.

Bisonator
Wow the dukes are done. They crapped all over the field and are now rolling in it.

Bison56
Glad I didnt fall asleep earlier.

Dawgz
May 8th, 2021, 04:21 PM
Those Dook fans only come around when they are winning.

Not true. Dooks fans always show up just like the smelly bisons do.

Bisonator
No sir. Nice guess though. I am not on Bisonsville at all. Thanks for asking though.
https://media1.giphy.com/media/RN8Gm2COksTiBquEW1/200.gif

BNATION
This is the gutsiest SH team ever most likely.

acbearkat
May 8th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Rev, are you sure you want to see Sam in October for the tenth straight loss?

Schism55
May 8th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Did these teams switch unis at halftime? Unreal

Bisonoline
May 8th, 2021, 04:23 PM

Are you saying there is another loser JMU fan here? Im shocked. xlolx

semobison
May 8th, 2021, 04:24 PM
Glad I didnt fall asleep earlier.

Seriously, I though this was over at half time! Good thing it’s raining or I would have blown off the 2nd half and gone out and done some yard work.

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 04:25 PM
Seriously, I though this was over at half time! Good thing it’s raining or I would have blown off the 2nd half and gone out and done some yard work.

Me too, I was about to head out but I thought I'd give it until middle of 3rd. Glad I did.

BNATION
May 8th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Great drive by the Dukes

JSUSoutherner
May 8th, 2021, 04:26 PM
I'd say this epic collapse by JMU is Jax State'esque. But when you think about it that's a really dumb statement because that insinuates that JSU would have a lead to blow.

skinny_uncle
May 8th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Starting to look like a typical Southland game.

HensRock
May 8th, 2021, 04:32 PM
Hope everyone took the OVER

Dawgz
May 8th, 2021, 04:43 PM
Are you saying there is another loser JMU fan here? Im shocked. xlolx

That is what I am saying. Just like the smelly bisons we are everywhere.

BEAR
May 8th, 2021, 04:46 PM
Starting to look like a typical Southland game.

This.

BEAR
May 8th, 2021, 04:48 PM
Wait. JMU had their kickoff guy who hadn’t attempted a kick all year kick a field goal in the semis? Wtf?

skinny_uncle
May 8th, 2021, 04:50 PM
Wait. JMU had their kickoff guy who hadn’t attempted a kick all year kick a field goal in the semis? Wtf?
Their normal kicker just didn't have the range.

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 04:51 PM

He has a bigger chip on his shoulder.

Bisonator
May 8th, 2021, 04:53 PM
Haha wow congrats Sammy fans!

Bison56
May 8th, 2021, 04:55 PM
Great comeback win by SHSU.

BEAR
May 8th, 2021, 04:56 PM
Congratulations Sammy!
I know UCA isn’t in the Southland anymore but go get ‘em Kats!
(Yes I know the Kats are leaving too)

AmsterBison
May 8th, 2021, 04:57 PM
That was a great football game... I mean, not a defensive classic, but very entertaining.

semobison
May 8th, 2021, 04:58 PM
That was an entertaining football game. Great comeback by Sammy!

Bisonoline
May 8th, 2021, 05:01 PM
That is what I am saying. Just like the smelly bisons we are everywhere.

Only smelly thing here is JMU fans and their teams play. WOOF

Panther88
May 8th, 2021, 05:02 PM
Good look by SHSU. Happy for Eric doing what most of us know/knew he could do. Nice to see the dna contribute defensively to aid in the victory.

Good luck in the championship game vs SDSU.

TheRevSFA
May 8th, 2021, 05:08 PM
Congrats Bearkats fans. Hell of a comeback. Gonna be a fun one in Frisco

BNATION
May 8th, 2021, 05:10 PM
Huge for our program to show some guts and squash the “soft Houston” chants for a bit. These boys can play some ball.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
May 8th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Congratulations Bearkat fans! Things went as I more or less expected in the first half, even better with that last 6 minutes of the first half, which worried me for exactly what happened in Q3. This team was not prepared to hold a lead, and the coaches deserve some of the credit for that, as do the players who failed to execute fundamentals. Still, my hats off to those players wearing orange and their perseverance. This JMU team was a rag tag sort of group after so many losses to graduation and transfers to FBS, so I’ll take what we got and hope they can build on this so so hard lesson. The chemistry of SHSU came through strong, same as SDSU, so it should be a good match up next week.

Enjoy the moment, national championship appearances should never be taken for granted (even the Bison might agree lol). I’ll eat my crow satisfied with what JMU overcame in this season.

Dawgz
May 8th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Only smelly thing here is JMU fans and their teams play. WOOF

Yeah because the smelly bisons looked great against Sammy. Sammy played a great second half and won this game. Congrats to them on a great game played. JMU imploded on themselves and Sam Houston was sharp in the second half. Move along smelly bisons see you in later this year.

kdinva
May 8th, 2021, 05:15 PM
I left at halftime, ran a couple of errands, looked up the score on my phone, and almost drove into another car. Unreal that 2nd half. and in a 3 minute window, too. anything can happen on "any given Saturday" i guess.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
May 8th, 2021, 05:20 PM
JMU WR has to go for the first down there.

Despite all the bad play in that stretch from the Dukes, THIS was the play to me that turned the game around. Sometimes it is the small details like this poor choice to fight side to side, not North to South, that sparks a chain reaction of **** you can’t stop stepping in.