PDA

View Full Version : Arkee Whitlock Cut

JoeNeck90
August 1st, 2007, 08:09 PM
I'm really surprised that he got cut so soon. I know they have a pretty deep backfield with Chester Taylor and AP but why did they sign him in the first place? They just got a scare the other day when CT was carted off. I guess he's okay but it doesn't even sound like Arkee got a chance. Maybe, at least now, he will have a chance to land on a practice squad somewhere. There's plenty of backs out there not as good as him on rosters in that league.

SeattleGriz
August 1st, 2007, 10:22 PM
I'm really surprised that he got cut so soon. I know they have a pretty deep backfield with Chester Taylor and AP but why did they sign him in the first place? They just got a scare the other day when CT was carted off. I guess he's okay but it doesn't even sound like Arkee got a chance. Maybe, at least now, he will have a chance to land on a practice squad somewhere. There's plenty of backs out there not as good as him on rosters in that league.

Thats the way the NFL works. I know many are tired of hearing about Dave Dickenson of the Griz, but he signed with San Diego, where he had a much better showing than Drew Brees and the other QB's in exhibition, and he never made it. Seems as if the coaches have their minds made up before they give the player a chance.

GannonFan
August 2nd, 2007, 11:43 AM
Thats the way the NFL works. I know many are tired of hearing about Dave Dickenson of the Griz, but he signed with San Diego, where he had a much better showing than Drew Brees and the other QB's in exhibition, and he never made it. Seems as if the coaches have their minds made up before they give the player a chance.

That's a tough example to bring up. When those guys were both with the Chargers Brees was a high draft pick (first pick of 2nd round so he cost SD a lot of money) and at least 6 years younger than Dickenson so he had a lot more upside. And that upside did come to fruition in a few years later so obviously someone made a good call on him being a good QB. It's not just what you show in preseason games. Dickenson bounced around through 4 NFL teams before he went back to the CFL so it's not as if people didn't get to see him, and playing in the CFL gives coaches plenty to watch.

JoeNeck90
August 2nd, 2007, 02:04 PM

Yeah, all the effort goes to they guy that they drafted and have spent money on.

Peems
August 2nd, 2007, 02:08 PM
i heard they might bring arkee back, just to be safe.