PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Quarterfinals: Southern Illinois @ South Dakota State

mmiller_34
April 24th, 2021, 06:32 PM
Consider this before voting:

SDSU is 1-5 vs MVFC competition in the playoffs. Also, SDSU has NEVER beaten a team twice in one season.

Discuss.

skinny_uncle
April 24th, 2021, 06:36 PM

SDSU is 1-5 vs MVFC competition in the playoffs. Also, SDSU has NEVER beaten a team twice in once season.

Discuss.
Interesting thoughts.

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 06:36 PM
SDSU by a boat load.

Drblankstare
April 24th, 2021, 06:40 PM
As much was I love the fact that SDSU absolutely ****s the bed in the playoffs, I really don’t seeing them losing this game. SDSU is the most complete team in the playoffs.

Chalupa Batman
April 24th, 2021, 06:43 PM
SDSU by a boat load.

I want to agree, but playing a rematch against a team you beat 44-3 probably won’t help SDSU’s focus this week. Jacks win but I think it’ll be a struggle for them.

mmiller_34
April 24th, 2021, 07:49 PM
SDSU by a boat load.

We won't.

As much was I love the fact that SDSU absolutely ****s the bed in the playoffs, I really don’t seeing them losing this game. SDSU is the most complete team in the playoffs.

We aren't.

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 07:52 PM
We won't.

We aren't.

SDSU will win by enough to block the Suez.

Houndawg
April 24th, 2021, 07:54 PM
Our best chance is if it turns into a track meet like with SELA

lionsrking2
April 24th, 2021, 07:57 PM
Our best chance is if it turns into a track meet like with SELA

The Saints destroyed Tampa Bay twice in the regular season, then the playoffs happened. SDSU isn’t 44-3 better than how SIU playing right now.

mmiller_34
April 24th, 2021, 08:24 PM
The Saints destroyed Tampa Bay twice in the regular season, then the playoffs happened. SDSU isn’t 44-3 better than how SIU playing right now.

This guy gets it.

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 08:25 PM
This guy gets it.

SIU has Tom Brady?

Give me the team with a runningback and a great defense.

Jacks by 90.

lionsrking2
April 24th, 2021, 08:31 PM
SIU has Tom Brady?

Jacks by 90.

That wasn’t my point, but since you brought it up, Brady played in all three games. Each game takes on a life of its own. I expect a competitive rematch.

Houndawg
April 24th, 2021, 08:31 PM
This guy gets it.

It should be a walkover, with your starters getting plenty of rest

Houndawg
April 24th, 2021, 08:33 PM
SIU has Tom Brady?

Jacks by 90.

If we get beat by less than 41 points, we've improved

JSUSoutherner
April 24th, 2021, 08:33 PM
That wasn’t my point, but since you brought it up, Brady played in all three games. Each game takes on a life of its own. I expect a competitive rematch.

Yes but Brady was only in the playoffs for one of them.

lionsrking2
April 24th, 2021, 08:34 PM
It should be a walkover, with your starters getting plenty of rest

You sound like McNeese72 — is that you Doc?

Daytripper
April 24th, 2021, 08:39 PM
I think this will be closer than most people think. Salukis have good mojo after beating Weber AND a chip on their shoulder from the regular season blow out.

mmiller_34
April 24th, 2021, 09:09 PM
I think this will be closer than most people think. Salukis have good mojo after beating Weber AND a chip on their shoulder from the regular season blow out.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/n4oKYFlAcv2AU/giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
April 24th, 2021, 09:24 PM
SDSU should absolutely win without much struggle, however this is SDSU and they struggle at this sort of thing. Still picking them though.

Houndawg
April 24th, 2021, 09:30 PM
SDSU should absolutely win without much struggle, however this is SDSU and they struggle at this sort of thing. Still picking them though.

They already beat us like a kodo drum at our place and we're the last team in. The NC is theirs to lose.

mmiller_34
April 24th, 2021, 09:41 PM
They already beat us like a kodo drum at our place and we're the last team in. The NC is theirs to lose.

Our head coach yells “Holy nutmeg” at the players when he is frustrated. There is no need to be intimidated.

RabidRabbit
April 24th, 2021, 09:59 PM
Our best chance is if it turns into a track meet like with SELATrue dat. While Dawgs are very offensive, Rabbits are very defensive. Imho, Jacks will get more turnovers, and control of LOS from both sides. It will be closer than in Carbondale, but Jacks prevail.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
April 24th, 2021, 11:08 PM
Sunday night lights in Brookings next week:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1386167150856003592

skinny_uncle
April 24th, 2021, 11:15 PM
Our head coach yells “Holy nutmeg” at the players when he is frustrated. There is no need to be intimidated.
xlolx

Puddin Tane
April 25th, 2021, 12:10 AM
SDSU. Going with the good looking governor

Professor Chaos
April 25th, 2021, 01:29 PM
Here's the team stats breakdown:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51138022001_3b8d96d34f_z.jpg

caribbeanhen
April 25th, 2021, 07:12 PM
Is the Southern Illinois QB a good kid? I felt like punching him yesterday ... had something to do with that **** eatin grin he had on his face and screwing up my picks

Don't sleep on him, he is the kind of kid that finds a way to win

Houndawg
April 25th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Is the Southern Illinois QB a good kid? I felt like punching him yesterday ... had something to do with that **** eatin grin he had on his face and screwing up my picks

Stone Labanowitz. His name sounds like a Wall Street firm.

I call it the Joe Montana factor: he wants the ball when the game is on the line and big plays need to be made. He isn't going anywhere past SIU, and he's been everywhere from starter to third string but the little rascal loves to play and the limelight doesn't scare him. I think he's from Florida. I don't know him but in general Nick Hills kids seem to be a good bunch, don't see their names in the paper, and Nick was/is more or less mentored by Jerry Kill - who benched Brandon Jacobs until his attitude changed

caribbeanhen
April 25th, 2021, 07:23 PM
Stone Labanowitz. His name sounds like a Wall Street firm.

I call it the Joe Montana factor: he wants the ball when the game is on the line and big plays need to be made. He isn't going anywhere past SIU, and he's been everywhere from starter to third string but the little rascal loves to play and the limelight doesn't scare him. I think he's from Florida

Stone ... That's right... how could forget that name, but Yep.....he's gotta little something to him .... I'm picking Southern Illinois to pull another win

Houndawg
April 25th, 2021, 07:29 PM
Stone ... That's right... how could forget that name, but Yep.....he's gotta little something to him .... I'm picking Southern Illinois to pull another win

I'm not even picking us and I'm a homer - but - a season like this is just the kind of season where the surest thing will be the upset. Lets hope its a track meet ala SELA

skinny_uncle
April 25th, 2021, 07:58 PM

The Salukis have a corps of receivers that can make an average QB look good. I just hope Labanowitz throws the ball to the right team this time round. The grin was because he was having fun. This is supposed to be a game.

Daytripper
April 25th, 2021, 08:32 PM
The Salukis have a corps of receivers that can make an average QB look good. I just hope Labanowitz throws the ball to the right team this time round. The grin was because he was having fun. This is supposed to be a game.

Saluki's #4 reminds me of our #12 Ezzard....Big, strong, and can win the one-on-one battles.

skinny_uncle
April 25th, 2021, 08:45 PM
Saluki's #4 reminds me of our #12 Ezzard....Big, strong, and can win the one-on-one battles.
Rollins. Transferred in from Cincinnati.

Daytripper
April 25th, 2021, 09:31 PM
Rollins. Transferred in from Cincinnati.

Ezzard was a transfer from Howard. He is a stud at WR and as a punt returner.

Looking forward to seeing Rollins against the SDSU

skinny_uncle
April 25th, 2021, 10:03 PM
Ezzard was a transfer from Howard. He is a stud at WR and as a punt returner.

Looking forward to seeing Rollins against the SDSU
Cox is probably our best receiver. The good news is he has a twin brother who has transferred in and should be available in the fall.

Paladin1aa
April 26th, 2021, 06:50 AM
There is a first time for everything. SDSU wins by 2 TDs.

Houndawg
April 26th, 2021, 07:12 AM
There is a first time for everything. SDSU wins by 2 TDs.

i was thinking about 31-17 also

bluehenbillk
April 28th, 2021, 09:58 AM
What's this talk about SDSU having a possible semifinal date conflict with graduation at the football stadium?

skinny_uncle
April 28th, 2021, 11:03 AM
What's this talk about SDSU having a possible semifinal date conflict with graduation at the football stadium?
Strange scheduling. I guess SDSU didn't realize there might be a conflict. They don't usually get this far.

Professor Chaos
April 28th, 2021, 11:49 AM
Strange scheduling. I guess SDSU didn't realize there might be a conflict. They don't usually get this far.
This will be the 4th time in the last 5 playoffs that SDSU will have made it to the quarterfinals or deeper. This would be the first time they'll be in line to host a semifinal but I doubt they're caught completely off guard. I would guess that plenty of schools plan commencement without worrying too much about hosting a potential playoff game... it happens all the time for fall commencement in early December during a normal playoff year.

I'd be pretty surprised if SDSU doesn't figure out a way to move commencement to a different venue so they can host a semifinal if they win on Sunday.... they might piss some people off but more people (with more $$$$) would be pissed off if they turned down the opportunity to host a semi.

BigGoosie13
April 28th, 2021, 03:25 PM
SDSU has already sent out an email to students and staff informing us that Graduation Commencement will find a new outdoor venue if necessary, won't be much drama to next weekend if SDSU wins this week.

Chalupa Batman
April 28th, 2021, 04:50 PM
SDSU has already sent out an email to students and staff informing us that Graduation Commencement will find a new outdoor venue if necessary, won't be much drama to next weekend if SDSU wins this week.

That’s good to hear. Thanks.

skinny_uncle
April 29th, 2021, 12:28 AM
This will be the 4th time in the last 5 playoffs that SDSU will have made it to the quarterfinals or deeper. This would be the first time they'll be in line to host a semifinal but I doubt they're caught completely off guard. I would guess that plenty of schools plan commencement without worrying too much about hosting a potential playoff game... it happens all the time for fall commencement in early December during a normal playoff year.

I'd be pretty surprised if SDSU doesn't figure out a way to move commencement to a different venue so they can host a semifinal if they win on Sunday.... they might piss some people off but more people (with more $$$$) would be pissed off if they turned down the opportunity to host a semi.
This is the the point where they normally get knocked out by the Bison.

Mfergy4
April 29th, 2021, 07:28 AM
This is the the point where they normally get knocked out by the Bison.

You are both good programs in a Great Conference....give the viewers a heck of a game to watch people....do the MVFC proud!!

Houndawg
April 29th, 2021, 07:52 AM
You are both good programs in a Great Conference....give the viewers a heck of a game to watch people....do the MVFC proud!!

It has the potential to be an exciting game, depending on which SIU team shows. Last time we had 3 pics and a fumble that turned into scoring drives of 17, 50, 24, and 4 yards and 24 points, so we need to change that - which we didn't do against Weber, spotting them two TDs before deciding to play football.

Mfergy4
April 29th, 2021, 08:24 AM
It has the potential to be an exciting game, depending on which SIU team shows. Last time we had 3 pics and a fumble that turned into scoring drives of 17, 50, 24, and 4 yards and 24 points, so we need to change that - which we didn't do against Weber, spotting them two TDs before deciding to play football.

Yep, turns overs kill ya everytime.

Houndawg
April 29th, 2021, 01:56 PM
Yep, turns overs kill ya everytime.

Turnovers and TV

NY Crusader 2010
April 29th, 2021, 03:45 PM

SDSU is 1-5 vs MVFC competition in the playoffs. Also, SDSU has NEVER beaten a team twice in one season.

Discuss.

Prior to last Saturday, Holy Cross was undefeated in all sports in NCAA playoff games held in the Dakotas against the #1 team in the country. But you guys turned that precedent on its head.

Game 2 vs SIU will be a lot closer than Game 1 but I have the Jacks advancing.

SDSU is a well-rounded, fundamentally sound team but I don't see them as an completely overpowering team. Despite the lopsided score and stat sheet, Holy Cross was by no means completely dominated last weekend. You guys have a great team just not at the level of some of the NDSU and JMU teams we've seen in recent years.

SteelSD
April 29th, 2021, 04:18 PM
Prior to last Saturday, Holy Cross was undefeated in all sports in NCAA playoff games held in the Dakotas against the #1 team in the country. But you guys turned that precedent on its head.

Game 2 vs SIU will be a lot closer than Game 1 but I have the Jacks advancing.

SDSU is a well-rounded, fundamentally sound team but I don't see them as an completely overpowering team. Despite the lopsided score and stat sheet, Holy Cross was by no means completely dominated last weekend. You guys have a great team just not at the level of some of the NDSU and JMU teams we've seen in recent years.
Well, in this year I don't think you can compare power levels as no one is really in post season form due to the limited season. It's obvious that NDSU and James Madison don't have the same type of teams either. I'm not sure how one defines dominated, but total yards of 439 to 198 isn't exactly close. And lets be real, you didn't face our offense as we would run it against most playoff caliber teams. Gronowski has been a major weapon on the ground for us all year and he had 2 carries against HC, and one of those was a scramble on a pass play with good coverage. Overall the offensive game plan appeared to be designed to 1) be vanilla and 2) make sure Gronowski didn't get injured.

On the flip side, sat next to a group of HC guys and had a great time talking with them. They were very complimentary of the facilities and loved the Daktronics scoreboard. They were hoping HC was scoring one similar from Dak, but I don't think they had high expectations of that...

NY Crusader 2010
April 29th, 2021, 07:10 PM
Well, in this year I don't think you can compare power levels as no one is really in post season form due to the limited season. It's obvious that NDSU and James Madison don't have the same type of teams either. I'm not sure how one defines dominated, but total yards of 439 to 198 isn't exactly close. And lets be real, you didn't face our offense as we would run it against most playoff caliber teams. Gronowski has been a major weapon on the ground for us all year and he had 2 carries against HC, and one of those was a scramble on a pass play with good coverage. Overall the offensive game plan appeared to be designed to 1) be vanilla and 2) make sure Gronowski didn't get injured.

On the flip side, sat next to a group of HC guys and had a great time talking with them. They were very complimentary of the facilities and loved the Daktronics scoreboard. They were hoping HC was scoring one similar from Dak, but I don't think they had high expectations of that...

There was no reason for Gronowski to run outside against us. You guys stuck to your comparative advantage against a Patriot League team which was the rely on your O-Line and two all-conference tailbacks. The Janke twins made the plays that they needed to when called upon. But to our credit, we forced you guys to punt 5 times. And despite the difference in yardage you pointed out, there was never a series where you didn't think our D at least had a shot to get your offense off the field. We were actually more "overmatched" from an overall athletic standpoint last year against Monmouth than we were Saturday. And that's more of a feather in the cap to Holy Cross than it is a slight to #1 SDSU this year.

Will be rooting for you guys to go all the way! Was great meeting a number of loyal Jacks' fans who have been there through thick and thin since the DII days. I admire the program you guys have developed. While overshadowed by your neighbors to the North, you guys have qualified for the postseason 9 straight times now (saw the engravings in your end zone) which out of the meat grinder Missouri Valley is a real accomplishment.

Mfergy4
April 30th, 2021, 08:25 AM
There was no reason for Gronowski to run outside against us. You guys stuck to your comparative advantage against a Patriot League team which was the rely on your O-Line and two all-conference tailbacks. The Janke twins made the plays that they needed to when called upon. But to our credit, we forced you guys to punt 5 times. And despite the difference in yardage you pointed out, there was never a series where you didn't think our D at least had a shot to get your offense off the field. We were actually more "overmatched" from an overall athletic standpoint last year against Monmouth than we were Saturday. And that's more of a feather in the cap to Holy Cross than it is a slight to #1 SDSU this year.

Will be rooting for you guys to go all the way! Was great meeting a number of loyal Jacks' fans who have been there through thick and thin since the DII days. I admire the program you guys have developed. While overshadowed by your neighbors to the North, you guys have qualified for the postseason 9 straight times now (saw the engravings in your end zone) which out of the meat grinder Missouri Valley is a real accomplishment.

The Rabbits and the Bison jumped to D1 together as they needed each other in order to find a conference to join. We could not get any other NCC teams to join us at that time. They are our best and biggest rival. IMHO Bison would not be the team they are with out SDSU next door. SDSU would not be the team they are with out the Bison next door.

NY Crusader 2010
April 30th, 2021, 09:52 AM
I always viewed NDSU and SDSU as the head-and-shoulder leaders among the Dakota schools, as you guys were the first 2 to move up together.

IMO, if NDSU and SDSU could find a way to get around in-state politics, they would be great additions to the Missouri Valley Conference as all-sports members.

POD Knows
April 30th, 2021, 10:04 AM
I always viewed NDSU and SDSU as the head-and-shoulder leaders among the Dakota schools, as you guys were the first 2 to move up together.

IMO, if NDSU and SDSU could find a way to get around in-state politics, they would be great additions to the Missouri Valley Conference as all-sports members.:D OMG, now you have done it.

Mfergy4
April 30th, 2021, 10:21 AM

IMO, if NDSU and SDSU could find a way to get around in-state politics, they would be great additions to the Missouri Valley Conference as all-sports members.

Oh OH..where is Kolpack and Izzo ...might be a great POD cast discussion on that one.

skinny_uncle
April 30th, 2021, 10:41 AM
Does anyone else find it odd that the two teams who beat the Bison got matched up in the second round?

Professor Chaos
April 30th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Does anyone else find it odd that the two teams who beat the Bison got matched up in the second round?
Not really. Two teams who beat SIU got matched up in the first round.

KPSUL
April 30th, 2021, 11:28 AM

Interesting factoid. But NDSU vs SHSU is the most marketable matchup they could hope for in the Quarter Finals to broadcast on the ESPN flagship channel - except for NDSU vs JMU which is still a possibility for the Championship.

Professor Chaos
April 30th, 2021, 11:34 AM
Interesting factoid. But NDSU vs SHSU is the most marketable matchup they could hope for in the Quarter Finals to broadcast on the ESPN flagship channel - except for NDSU vs JMU which is still a possibility for the Championship.
If NDSU and JMU meet it'll be next week in the semis... it just so happens that there's an ABC time slot for one of the semis. I'd say JMU/NDSU would be a lock for that TV slot if that's the semifinal matchup.

skinny_uncle
April 30th, 2021, 02:17 PM
With the NCAA, we always look for ulterior motives.

SDFS
April 30th, 2021, 03:25 PM
With the NCAA, we always look for ulterior motives.

As you should!!

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 10:51 AM
Everyone who beat SIU is in the playoffs, so that was bound to happen at some point.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 01:05 PM
End of the line today for the Jacks. 38-14 SIU moves on.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2021, 01:15 PM

If SDSU loses this one I'll eat my NY Strip I have in the fridge in lieu of my crow.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 02:03 PM
If SDSU loses this one I'll eat my NY Strip I have in the fridge in lieu of my crow.

Sounds like a great midnight snack tonight for you.

Houndawg
May 2nd, 2021, 02:50 PM

you sandbag like you're from McNeese

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 07:21 PM
xwhistlex

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 07:53 PM

Thank you.

Biggest and most important question of the night:

Watch with sound off to not have to listen to ESPN hack announcers or not?

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 07:58 PM
Let’s go S Illinois!!!

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 08:10 PM
That didn't take long.
SDSU 7 SIU 0

Bison56
May 2nd, 2021, 08:16 PM
Nice pass and catch.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 08:18 PM
That didn't take long.
SDSU 7 SIU 0

This one feels like the SDSU-UND game to me. We scored quickly on our first few drives. On defense we were aggressive and had great pressure. UND was always able to just squeeze through a last-minute throw or two to keep grinding first downs. I’m afraid this one is over. Great season Jackrabbits.

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 08:20 PM
TD SIU (Refrigerator Perry play with a lineman)
SDSU 7 SIU 7

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 08:22 PM
TD SIU (Refrigerator Perry play with a lineman)
SDSU 7 SIU 7

I love it so much when lineman score. Don’t care for which team.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 08:32 PM
SDSU missed FG. SIU all the momentum.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 08:41 PM
END OF 1ST:

SIU -7
SDSU - 7

Schism55
May 2nd, 2021, 08:50 PM
Oh boy Jack Attack......

skinny_uncle
Cox with an 11 yard TD run.
SIU 14 SDSU 7

mmiller_34
TD SIU

SIU: 14
SDSU: 7

Told you guys.

ysubigred
May 2nd, 2021, 08:55 PM
TD SIU

SIU: 14
SDSU: 7

Told you guys.Watching all the games in the MVFC that the Guins played.. SDSU was one team that Wasn't impressive in the defeat of YSU..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 08:57 PM
Cox with an 11 yard TD run.
SIU 14 SDSU 7

xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 08:59 PM
Watching all the games in the MVFC that the Guins played.. SDSU was one team that Wasn't impressive in the defeat of YSU..

Been saying this. We are overrated and are getting artificially propped up because of wins over NDSU and SIU

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:01 PM
This game is over

- - - Updated - - -

This game is over

Bison56
May 2nd, 2021, 09:02 PM
Good job hanging on to that ball.

Bison56
May 2nd, 2021, 09:04 PM
I guess SIU is happy with just going for 3.

skinny_uncle
Gualdoni FG
SIU 17 SDSU 7

caribbeanhen

how is it looking?

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 09:06 PM
Wow. Hate the play calling by SIU. they have real good receivers and no throws in the end zone there.

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 09:07 PM
how is it looking?

I dont know how itll finish up but we played a damn good team 2 weeks ago -- doesn't surprise me one bit.

Prime Power
May 2nd, 2021, 09:09 PM
how is it looking?

Quoting yourself...patting yourself on the back, hmmm who did you pick in the pick em?....lol just giving you some crapxsmiley_wix

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 09:15 PM
Quoting yourself...patting yourself on the back, hmmm who did you pick in the pick em?....lol just giving you some crapxsmiley_wix

yes yes and I don’t know

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 09:16 PM
I dont know how itll finish up but we played a damn good team 2 weeks ago -- doesn't surprise me one bit.

You know I don’t miss any of your games

Sader87
May 2nd, 2021, 09:17 PM
Where would the Delaware-SIU game be next week?

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 09:19 PM
Where would the Delaware-SIU game be next week?

I don’t know where but would have to be in Delaware

lets go S Illinois

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:20 PM
Hey did you guys know that SIU’s QB’s nickname is “the magician”??

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 09:20 PM
Gualdoni FG
SIU 20 SDSU 7

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 09:21 PM
Keep up the ****ty red zone play calling SIU. It is going to cost you.

mmiller_34
I don’t know where but would have to be in Delaware

lets go S Illinois

Pretty sure it will be at Delaware

skinny_uncle
Hey did you guys know that SIU’s QB’s nickname is “the magician”??
They were calling him that last week against Weber.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:22 PM

Trust me. It won’t.

I’d wager an avatar bet on it.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:24 PM

They’ve said it about 59 times already tonight.

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 09:24 PM

I posted somewhere about this kid, he’s got a lil something

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:25 PM
I’m going to say that it seems that SIU’s DB’s getting away with a lot more than SDSU’s...

skinny_uncle
SDSU FG
SIU 20 SDSU 10
Halftime

Laker
Terrible first half by the Jacks, great one by the Salukis. Jacks passes are bouncing. Can't run the ball. Can't stop the pass or the run. Nice kick return right before half and a field goal. Did these two teams switch uniforms before the game?

caribbeanhen
May 2nd, 2021, 09:26 PM

But no book it

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:26 PM
But no book it

He knows what it is doing. He won’t avatar bet me on this game.

#BookIt

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 09:27 PM
Trust me. It won’t.

I’d wager an avatar bet on it.
20 - 10. That is a huge swing at the end of the half. This game is over. You can’t piss points away against a team that is better than you. SDSU has the mo going into the half.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:28 PM
20 - 10. That is a huge swing at the end of the half. This game is over. You can’t piss points away against a team that is better than you. SDSU has the mo going into the half.

SDSU wins this game I keep my current avatar through December. SIU wins I get to supply you with an SDSU avatar and get to lose my current one.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:32 PM
I’m just glad we won’t win a *Championship*

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 09:35 PM

SDSU wins this game I keep my current avatar through December. SIU wins I get to supply you with an SDSU avatar and get to lose my current one.
Nope I like looking at the Governor. You get to keep that till September

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:38 PM
Nope I like looking at the Governor. You get to keep that till September

Yeah I’ll keep it till December if SDSU wins.

ysubigred
May 2nd, 2021, 09:38 PM
Pretty sure it will be at Delaware$$$ who has more is where it'll be played..

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:39 PM
$$$ who has more is where it'll be played..

Assuming since Delaware hosted first round and SIU didn’t that would suggest Delaware is more likely. I don’t think they re-bid

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 09:45 PM

SIU gets the ball first in the second half, so we will see.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:45 PM
SIU gets the ball first in the second half, so we will see.

That was for POD. But we can do one too!

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 09:46 PM
Assuming since Delaware hosted first round and SIU didn’t that would suggest Delaware is more likely. I don’t think they re-bid
That may turn out to be the case but not necessarily because SIU traveled first round and Delaware hosted. Of course, SIU may not have even bid considering they weren't even sure they would get in. But they could have but were outbid by Weber and Delaware outbid Sacred Heart.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:51 PM
We can’t get off the field on 3rd down. We’re ****ed.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 09:53 PM
Apparently we are playing Patrick Mahomes tonight.

Sader87
May 2nd, 2021, 09:55 PM
SDSU will win this game if they don't turn the ball ovah this half.....

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 09:56 PM
Game over. Better team won the last minute of the first half and is going to blow them out now

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 09:57 PM
Bunnies score.
SIU 20 SDSU 17

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 09:58 PM
Saluki secondary is porous -- if I'm SDSU I throw it every down.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:01 PM
Game over. Better team won the last minute of the first half and is going to blow them out now

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu/giphy.gif

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:07 PM
Defense can’t get off the field again. That was a fun burst while it lasted.

Again with the PI.

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 10:15 PM
He didnt step out

Prime Power
May 2nd, 2021, 10:17 PM
Wow...they shouldn't have went quick...looked like Williams never stepped out and should have been a TD

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 10:17 PM
He didnt step out
Yea. No ****. Wtf. How did they not look at that.

Hammerhead
May 2nd, 2021, 10:18 PM
Wow...they shouldn't have went quick...looked like Williams never stepped out and should have been a TD

I watched it frame by frame and he never stepped out of bounds.

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 10:18 PM
That's on SIU coach

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:19 PM

No harm. They’ll score

Schism55
May 2nd, 2021, 10:20 PM
Wow, wow

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:20 PM
No harm. They’ll score

Lucky.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:21 PM
Lucky.

Wait for it. They’ll call it a TD

Never mind.

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 10:22 PM
JFC. Completely inept in the red zone. This game shouldn’t be close.

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 10:24 PM
SIU deserves to lose this

Schism55
May 2nd, 2021, 10:25 PM
Whiz!

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:26 PM
We scored too fast.

skinny_uncle
Bunnies take the lead.
24 - 20

mmiller_34
SIU deserves to lose this

Trust me. They won’t.

POD Knows
Beyond lucky. Dodging bullets left and right. Next extra point

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:29 PM
Remember when SIU scored on that swing pass but didn't somehow? [emoji848]

These refs blow.

Sader87
May 2nd, 2021, 10:30 PM
This game is ovah...get ready for some chislic Delaware...

Chalupa Batman
May 2nd, 2021, 10:32 PM

Love me some chislic!

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:33 PM

I don’t understand. Is there good Chislic in Carbondale or something?

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:35 PM
For sure they’ll call targeting here. Amazing clean hit, but will be rewarded for the magician

Chalupa Batman
May 2nd, 2021, 10:36 PM
For sure they’ll call targeting here. Amazing clean hit, but will be rewarded for the magician

No it's targeting. Helmet right to the chin will get called every time.

Edit: wow, no targeting. Jacks fortunate there

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 10:36 PM

I dont know about targeting but should have been roughing

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:37 PM
I dont know about targeting but should have been roughing

No way. Perfect timing.

Sader87
Nevah heard of chislic until last week.....would be like me offering a Dakotan a stuffed quahoag :)

lionsrking2
100% targeting

POD Knows

It was targeting. Lowered the helmet.

Schism55
Refs clearly have some $ on the Jacks

Sader87
May 2nd, 2021, 10:38 PM
Ballgame probably

mmiller_34
LETS GO!!!!

lionsrking2
Horrible playcalling

skinny_uncle
Bad time for a turnover.

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 10:39 PM
I knew these guys would choke. You can’t leave that many points on the table and WTF is with this play calling. JFC

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 10:39 PM
Salukis swallowing olives

ysubigred
May 2nd, 2021, 10:40 PM
Wow! The Dawgs are playing Penguin ball..

Turn out the lights, the party is over...

Chalupa Batman
May 2nd, 2021, 10:40 PM
LETS GO!!!!

Look at you, you're actually cheering now xthumbsupx

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:42 PM
Look at you, you're actually cheering now xthumbsupx

Wrong. SIU still have a good chance to win.

One time, SDSU was up 31 points on Montana with 8 min left in the 4th and lost. That was 2008.

lionsrking2
Rabbits will cover now

Prime Power
Salukis pissing down their leg....

dewey
May 2nd, 2021, 10:44 PM
Wow that 4th down and goal stop was HUGE.

Dewey

Nickels
May 2nd, 2021, 10:45 PM
Why are holding up their disgustingly worn out shoes?

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 10:45 PM
Does "the magician" have any magic left?

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 10:46 PM
Does "the magician" have any magic left?
I think your out of magic beans

Prime Power
May 2nd, 2021, 10:47 PM
Wow that 4th down and goal stop was HUGE.

Dewey

Yeah, should have been a TD 4 plays before that apparently....

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 10:48 PM
Why are holding up their disgustingly worn out shoes?
That is a mating call at SDSU. Their alpha males are the ones with the smelliest feet.

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 10:48 PM
Even if Salukis score they wont get ball back

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:49 PM
Look how quickly the Salukis back in it!

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 10:50 PM
TD pass to Lenoir.
SDSU 31 SIU 26 after 2 point conversion fails

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:51 PM
TD pass to Lenoir.
SDSU 31 SIU 26 after 2 point conversion fails

Barnburner.

SIU wins games like these.

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 10:52 PM
Barnburner.

SIU wins games like these.

Since when. Last weekend.

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 10:54 PM
Should have onsides kick

Chalupa Batman
May 2nd, 2021, 10:56 PM
Since when. Last weekend.

Last 2 weeks.

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 10:56 PM
Why in the **** are they trying the throw the ball.

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 10:57 PM
Last 2 weeks.
****. Forgot about the SELA. So twice in 15 years.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 10:58 PM
Why in the **** are they trying the throw the ball.

Because we are SDSU and we are going to lose this game

lionsrking2
May 2nd, 2021, 10:58 PM
Jacks return the favor with stupid play call

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2021, 11:02 PM
Brutal clock management.

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 11:02 PM
2 minute drill.

Chalupa Batman
May 2nd, 2021, 11:03 PM
If #18 catches that Salukis would've scored for sure

- - - Updated - - -

Brutal clock management.

Still light years better than ours

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 11:03 PM
I've seen SDSU lose so many games like this

Sader87
May 2nd, 2021, 11:04 PM
Jackrabbits hang on

skinny_uncle
Turnover decides the game. Congrats, bunnies.

dewey
Hell of a good game.

Dewey

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 11:05 PM
Can't believe they didn't call PI on that

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 11:05 PM
I've seen SDSU lose so many games like this

Not today.

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 11:06 PM
What a great game

mmiller_34
May 2nd, 2021, 11:07 PM
Not today.

Next week for sure.

POD Knows
Can't believe they didn't call PI on that

They should have. Would have been a make up call for the previous ****ups in the half. xlolx

Chalupa Batman
Well done Jacks. A lot of SDSU teams wouldn't have found a way to come back, should give them a TON of confidence going forward.

skinny_uncle
May 2nd, 2021, 11:10 PM
Go represent the Valley, Bunnies.

atthewbon
May 2nd, 2021, 11:11 PM
Great Game! Hopefully the comeback bring some momentum into next week. Props to SIU and Stone Labanowitz, he’s dangerous.

Laker
May 2nd, 2021, 11:26 PM
Super exciting ball game. Easily could have gone the other way. SIU was really tough.

I don't think that the officials had nearly as good a game as either team.

Houndawg
May 2nd, 2021, 11:28 PM
Remember when SIU scored on that swing pass but didn't somehow? [emoji848]

These refs blow.

Same spot on the field I think - wonder if it was the same guy. That was the turning point given the fubar that followed, which doesn't mean the Jacks wouldn't have won anyway, and the better team is moving on to the semis. Best of luck to the Jacks and lets keep the NC in the MVFC where it belongs.

Houndawg
May 2nd, 2021, 11:34 PM
Super exciting ball game. Easily could have gone the other way. SIU was really tough.

I don't think that the officials had nearly as good a game as either team.

Were they MVFC refs, since both teams are in the same league?

Puddin Tane
May 2nd, 2021, 11:42 PM
Because we are SDSU and we are going to lose this game

just cruising thru the thread...my God, man. You’re depressing as all git out!

Chalupa Batman
May 2nd, 2021, 11:45 PM
Does anyone know what the attendance was?

mmiller_34
May 3rd, 2021, 06:42 AM
just cruising thru the thread...my God, man. You’re depressing as all git out!

Thanks. It's my cross to bear.

I'm a Twins fan and a Vikings fan so I've had lots of practice.

Hammerhead
May 3rd, 2021, 09:41 AM
Other than the Lynx, all of the pro sports in Minnesota seem to struggle. It's nice for me to have a Bison win most weekends to offset the disappointment with the Vikings on Sundays.

Thanks. It's my cross to bear.

I'm a Twins fan and a Vikings fan so I've had lots of practice.

skinny_uncle
May 3rd, 2021, 10:49 AM
Does anyone know what the attendance was?