PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Spring Playoffs Round 1: Missouri St @ North Dakota

Professor Chaos
April 19th, 2021, 09:44 AM
Here's how these two match up statistically with the national ranks in parenthesis. Take them with a grain of salt given how few games some teams played this spring and the insular schedules most teams played but hopefully it gives some insight on the relative strengths and weaknesses of each team.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51126401280_477413f4ac_z.jpg

Discuss.

dmksioux
April 19th, 2021, 01:07 PM
Welp, not the way you'd like to start out the playoffs. Starting O-Lineman hits the transfer portal:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/6991305-UND-offensive-lineman-Kyle-Hergel-enters-the-transfer-portal-five-days-before-playoff-game

Professor Chaos
April 19th, 2021, 02:04 PM
Welp, not the way you'd like to start out the playoffs. Starting O-Lineman hits the transfer portal:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/6991305-UND-offensive-lineman-Kyle-Hergel-enters-the-transfer-portal-five-days-before-playoff-game
Yeah, this is another reason why this spring season is a mess... never really noticed it in the past but this is prime time for transfer recruiting. If their intent it so leave before next fall these guys feel like they have to get their names into the portal now or if they wait until next month who knows how many fewer scholarship opportunities will be out there for them. Teams are already short with all the losses to graduation so losing transfers mid-season just makes it an even bigger mess.

Bisonator
April 19th, 2021, 02:06 PM

Unbelievable! xsmhx

Professor Chaos
April 19th, 2021, 02:13 PM
This game is the biggest coin flip of the first round for me. By the time Saturday rolls around UND will have been 5 weeks away from their last game. Missouri St will have only played once since the calendar hit April as well.

dmksioux
April 19th, 2021, 03:35 PM
Someone on Siouxsports had mentioned that transfers have to announce their intention by the first week of May. Is that correct? If so, better to have him leave now if he's already made up his mind about transferring. I'd rather they play someone who is committed to the team vs looking to move on.

caribbeanhen
April 19th, 2021, 08:24 PM
This game is the biggest coin flip of the first round for me. By the time Saturday rolls around UND will have been 5 weeks away from their last game. Missouri St will have only played once since the calendar hit April as well.

Take the home team professor

JayJ79
April 19th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Someone on Siouxsports had mentioned that transfers have to announce their intention by the first week of May. Is that correct? If so, better to have him leave now if he's already made up his mind about transferring. I'd rather they play someone who is committed to the team vs looking to move on.
is there a rule that says that student athletes are forbidden to play for their (soon-to-be) former team once they've put their name into the transfer portal? Assuming they are still enrolled and attending classes at that school and meet all other eligibility requirements.

Would it really be all that different than when FBS coaches get hired to a new job after the regular season, but remain to coach their old team for the bowl game. (I know that doesn't always happen, but I thought I remembered hearing it happen at least occasionally in the past. Or an FCS coach that got hired to a FBS job, but stuck with the FCS team for their playoff game(s))

nodak651
April 20th, 2021, 01:52 AM
Vmi

Bisonator
April 20th, 2021, 09:03 AM
is there a rule that says that student athletes are forbidden to play for their (soon-to-be) former team once they've put their name into the transfer portal? Assuming they are still enrolled and attending classes at that school and meet all other eligibility requirements.

Would it really be all that different than when FBS coaches get hired to a new job after the regular season, but remain to coach their old team for the bowl game. (I know that doesn't always happen, but I thought I remembered hearing it happen at least occasionally in the past. Or an FCS coach that got hired to a FBS job, but stuck with the FCS team for their playoff game(s))
I don't think so but that's too awkward of a situation and would cause some major issues in the locker room IMO. Watching Bubba's presser there's no chance of it happening either. He was not happy.

JSUSoutherner
April 20th, 2021, 09:09 AM
This game will come down to who spent more time pissed off in the weight room. Probably.

Schism55
April 23rd, 2021, 11:10 AM
https://twitter.com/tommillergf/status/1385597024511332352

MSUDuo
April 24th, 2021, 04:57 AM
Game day!

Hard to believe for MO State fans that this day is actually here.

Whatever may happen, it's onward and upward for this program

Cowboys5xbs
April 24th, 2021, 03:12 PM
BOOM BIG PLAY

MSUDuo
April 24th, 2021, 03:19 PM
We're going to have no answer for this running back.

Going to be a LONG day

Cowboys5xbs
April 24th, 2021, 03:22 PM
UND breaking out the trick plays :D

Cowboys5xbs
April 24th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Wow that 4th and 1 stuff is HUGE

Cowboys5xbs
April 24th, 2021, 04:59 PM
And a blocked punt TD LFG

Cowboys5xbs
April 24th, 2021, 05:09 PM
UND is embarrassing them

MSUDuo
April 24th, 2021, 05:11 PM
For everything that's gone right for us this spring, it all came crashing down today.

Not sure what HCBP was thinking on that call there.

MSUDuo
April 24th, 2021, 05:38 PM
Well, that's about the only positive thing we've had today

MSUDuo
April 24th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Great game UND.

Good spring season Bears. Just didn't end the way we wanted.

A lot to be proud of. A lot to work on. Looking forward to the buzz the offseason could bring for the fall season

ysubigred
April 25th, 2021, 11:39 AM
Great game UND.

Good spring season Bears. Just didn't end the way we wanted.

A lot to be proud of. A lot to work on. Looking forward to the buzz the offseason could bring for the fall seasonNo matter what happened yesterday, I'd say Mo St was overachievers [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MSUDuo
April 25th, 2021, 07:59 PM
No matter what happened yesterday, I'd say Mo St was overachievers [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No argument here. For once, the hype lasted longer than a week.

When word first broke of a spring season I said MO State would be one of the biggest beneficiaries. I definitely didn't expect this though (Co-Champs, playoffs).