PDA

View Full Version : McCown Eager to Lead

TexasTerror
July 29th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Is SHSU's Josh McCown ready to take the lead of the Raiders? He's had his shot to be a leader before and was canned by a coach who didn't realize that McCown was actually leading them to the promised land. When will the Raiders put their prized rookie in? Is that another year away?
-----------------
McCown eager to lead
Oakland Raiders Training Camp
By MARTY JAMES, Executive Sports Editor
Sunday, July 29, 2007

Josh McCown wasn’t in town more than a few minutes Thursday when he said, “I’m here to compete and help this team and hopefully bring some consistency to the quarterback position. I’m going to work as hard as I can and do everything I can to help this team be successful.”

Nothing has changed for McCown two days into training camp with the Oakland Raiders — not his mindset, nor the way he runs the offense, nor the way he works on the practice field at Redwood Middle School or in the meeting room at the Napa Valley Marriott.

While everyone else had left the field following Friday afternoon’s first practice, there was McCown, a six-year veteran wearing a quarterback’s red jersey, getting in some extra running and looking to stay as sharp as possible as he grasps a new system.

http://www.napavalleyregister.com/articles/2007/07/29/sports/local/doc46ac22c1ecbe6425917394.txt

McNeese75
July 29th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Well, we know his receivers will be well coached this year xnodx

mvemjsunpx
July 30th, 2007, 03:23 AM
I'm an Arizona Cardinals fan & I thought Dennis Green should have been fired after his first year (2004) for that inexplicable benching after McCown had won 2 straight games as a starter. I thought he was/is like Jake Plummer, only better.

However, I'm also a Montana fan & I'm glad he sucked when he played in Missoula in the 2001 QF's.

AggieFinn
July 30th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I think Walter is a very capable quarterback, but when you're getting sacked 5 or 6 times a game it gets tough, and frustrating. Art Shell was too old school, and the OC didn't adjust to the level that the Raiders were playing at. If McCown can step in, compete, and lead the Raiders, you know, light a fire under the arse of the offense, then I'm all for it. Walter might be a bit jaded after the last two years. Go Raiders.