PDA

View Full Version : Jackson, Confident and Comfortable

TexasTerror
July 28th, 2007, 07:54 AM
This is the year for Tavaris Jackson to really have the reigns of the team as there's no doubt that he'll get the chance to prove he is ready to be the starting QB for the Vikings. The preseason and these workouts in the next few weeks can tell us more, but I think we'll see Jackson starting come opening kickoff...

This time, Vikings QB confident, comfortable
By Frank Rajkowski [email protected]
Published: July 28. 2007 12:30AM

MANKATO — What a difference one year has made in Tarvaris Jackson’s life.

When training camp opened last season, Jackson was a rookie second-round draft choice from Division I-AA Alabama State, able to watch from the background as veteran Brad Johnson ran the Minnesota Vikings’ offense.

But when camp began Friday at Minnesota State-Mankato, Jackson found himself front-and-center — not just the team’s potential quarterback of the future, but quite possibly its starting quarterback of the present.

“It’s a new experience for me,” said Jackson following the first practice Friday morning. “Last year, I was a rookie coming in and I didn’t know what to expect. I had a lot of outside stuff on my mind — finding a place to live and stuff like that. This year, it’s just all football.”

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070728/SPORTS/107280005/1002

Hammerhead
December 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM
So far, Jackson looks to have a bright future with the Vikings. I think he's 5-2 as a starting quarterback and doesn't seem to make many big mistakes.