Schism55
April 11th, 2021, 12:24 PM
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1381285912533950468

Dang!

POD Knows
April 11th, 2021, 12:31 PM
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1381285912533950468

Dang!
Awesome, now we will get to see two "going nowhere" programs playing double headers on ESPN every Saturday next fall. xlolx

Panther88
April 11th, 2021, 12:48 PM
The legacy head coaches of old didn't have prior or current coaching experience either. They were only as great as the talent they recruited and the asst coaches they staffed, who directly dealt with the players themself.

Hope EGeorge walking into the home of a 4*/5* recruit going head to head with saban and the other pl owners wins out in honest. Good luck with the hire, TenSU.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
April 11th, 2021, 01:08 PM
First of all, as a Tennessee native, that was news to me. I did not see any indication that this was going to happen. Second of all, did Coach Reed see this coming? Apparently, TSU wanted to copy the Deion Sanders model by snagging a former NFL player who had a successful career. I did a side-by-side comparison between Eddie George and Coach Prime and noted that although neither had a natty to their name, George has a Heisman to his name while Coach Prime has two Lombardis to his name AND prior head coaching experience. The only other comp I am aware of is Ed McCaffrey (Northern Colorado), who was a stud as a head coach at Valor Christian Academy and has three Lombardis to his name. Give Coach Prime some time and I believe Jackson State will be a force in the SWAC and I still believe that in time, Northern Colorado will be a force in the Big Sky.

Long story short, I wish Tennessee State the best of luck. Something tells me this might not work out to their liking (I may be wrong on this one).

kdinva
April 11th, 2021, 03:23 PM
Awesome, now we will get to see two "going nowhere" programs playing double headers on ESPN every Saturday next fall. xlolx

will ESPN clone Jay Walker?

melloware13
April 11th, 2021, 03:34 PM
Oh god no!

Bisonoline
April 11th, 2021, 05:18 PM
Wish him the best of luck!

unknown3
April 11th, 2021, 09:28 PM

Too bad they don't get in on that super popular MVFC action huhxcoffeex

Panther88
April 11th, 2021, 11:10 PM
If a d-1 fcs playoff game falls in the forest, will ESPN show interest? Will anyone not P5/G5 show interest? xconfusedx

Probably not. EG is finalizing staff as I type. #getintheknow late. xlolx

POD Knows
April 12th, 2021, 08:14 AM
Too bad they don't get in on that super popular MVFC action huhxcoffeex:D Good one, I hope George does well in TSU, the OVC could use some depth.

WestCoastAggie
April 12th, 2021, 09:15 AM

Gimmie Five or nah?

WestCoastAggie
April 12th, 2021, 09:19 AM
Jeff Fisher as an "advisor," his son Brandon Fisher is the DC with Ray Lewis a defensive coach, and Hue Jackson as the OC? Allegedly?

Oh yeah, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is staying on to coach.

What's next? Pep Hamilton as the QB coach?

Professor
April 12th, 2021, 09:40 AM
Feel bad for the current coach. The news could waited to break till monday

WestCoastAggie
April 12th, 2021, 10:08 AM
Feel bad for the current coach. The news could waited to break till monday

Meh... Coach Reed had 11 years and seemingly enough teflon to keep him there about 4 years too long. Besides, he told the team before their game this weekend that he was out as HC. ALLEGEDLY.

Anthony215
April 12th, 2021, 10:57 AM
This will be quite interesting to say the least. How will George recruit? Simply based on his NFL/College Resume. How can he sell recruits that he can coach? Or will he assemble a allstar coaching staff with college/pro experience? Is TSU offering the full 63 equivalencies?

Panther88
April 12th, 2021, 11:18 AM
Grambling St vs TnSU in the HOF Classic in Canton fall 2021.
JSU vs TnSU in the SHC fall 2021.

The first 3 games will draw their fanbase interest remarkably well. The remaining schedule? blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

GAD
April 12th, 2021, 11:22 AM
The Southern Heritage Classic just got a little more interesting. Tune in Sept. 11, 2021

Sonic98
April 13th, 2021, 12:20 PM
I hope it works out for them. I wish nothing but success for the FCS teams that are not in the SWAC and MEAC any longer. OF course I look forward to the Southern Heritage Classic. Neither is these guys are going to get a full off-season, but it will be pretty close. It should be a great game with both coaches able to get their players in and time enough to work with them. If this is promoted right, the Liberty Bowl should have 60K+

Professor
April 15th, 2021, 05:49 PM
400k a year to a coach with no previous HC Experience. With a benefit package that can get him another 100k

Wow TSU just WOW

Hope it pays off for TSU

dgtw
April 15th, 2021, 06:29 PM
400k a year to a coach with no previous HC Experience. With a benefit package that can get him another 100k

Wow TSU just WOW

Hope it pays off for TSU

For a guy who probably doesn’t need the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestCoastAggie
April 15th, 2021, 09:24 PM
Hue Jackson as the OC is HUGE.

Libertine
April 15th, 2021, 09:42 PM
For a guy who probably doesn’t need the money.

And who apparently didn't really want the job in the first place.

https://footballscoop.com/news/jeff-fisher-convinced-eddie-george-to-take-the-tennessee-state-job/

I think TSU hiring Hue Jackson is a bigger deal than hiring Eddie George.