PDA

View Full Version : About that MEAC Autobid...

WestCoastAggie
April 7th, 2021, 06:41 PM
https://twitter.com/HBCUSports/status/1379926795013738500

DFW HOYA
April 7th, 2021, 07:40 PM
Meanwhile, Delaware State is in the market for a new AD, a new men's basketball coach, and a new women's basketball coach.

New conference? Well, not yet, anyway.

https://hbcugameday.com/2021/04/01/delaware-state-announces-big-changes-in-athletics/

skinny_uncle
April 7th, 2021, 08:41 PM
Waiting to see if the Patriot league can get enough games in to qualify. Their teams only have 2 games played and time is running out.

caribbeanhen
April 7th, 2021, 09:26 PM
Unfortunately for FCS, Any curious fan that flips on the Delaware at Delaware state game Saturday night that will be televised on ESPN2 will see a high school stadium ..... Kind of a shame considering there’s a shiny new upgraded facility that could pass for FBS about 40 miles up the the road

aceinthehole
April 7th, 2021, 09:27 PM
Meanwhile, Delaware State is in the market for a new AD, a new men's basketball coach, and a new women's basketball coach.

New conference? Well, not yet, anyway.

https://hbcugameday.com/2021/04/01/delaware-state-announces-big-changes-in-athletics/

DSU is a mess, but I would take them in a package deal with Howard for NEC membership :)

Professor Chaos
April 7th, 2021, 09:33 PM
Waiting to see if the Patriot league can get enough games in to qualify. Their teams only have 2 games played and time is running out.
The 4 game qualifier is only for at-large consideration. Autobids can be awarded with less than 4. I believe Holy Cross is playing Bucknell in the PL championship game on 4/17 with the winner getting the auto.

WileECoyote06
April 7th, 2021, 09:40 PM
Unfortunately for FCS, Any curious fan that flips on the Delaware at Delaware state game Saturday night that will be televised on ESPN2 will see a high school stadium ..... Kind of a shame considering there’s a shiny new upgraded facility that could pass for FBS about 40 miles up the the road

Is Delaware State a land-grant institution? I hope the Delaware GA has been funding DSU equitably, or they may get a shiny new stadium too. lol

caribbeanhen
April 7th, 2021, 10:02 PM
Is Delaware State a land-grant institution? I hope the Delaware GA has been funding DSU equitably, or they may get a shiny new stadium too. lol

No clue about anything Delaware State, all I know is when you drive by the place on route 13 you can look in and see the Goal post

The Delaware Stadium facelift and the Whitney Athletic Center were paid for mostly by private donors

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.delawareonline.com/amp/843762001

DFW HOYA
April 7th, 2021, 10:35 PM

DSU's Alumni Stadium never got the big state grant.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dgzx-pw3UQY/UfxXBlRK9FI/AAAAAAAAuvE/P1TOseGv13g/s1600/DSU+Hornet+Stadium.png

mainejeff
April 8th, 2021, 05:52 AM

I don't know why UD ever leaves Delaware Stadium. They should be entitled to play all 11 regular season games at home.

OhioHen
April 8th, 2021, 06:44 AM

Yes, DSU is a land grant university. However, funding in that regard has nothing to do with athletic facilities.

WileECoyote06
April 8th, 2021, 07:38 AM
Yes, DSU is a land grant university. However, funding in that regard has nothing to do with athletic facilities.

I know. I was being facetious.

Anthony215
April 8th, 2021, 08:10 AM
DSU's Alumni Stadium never got the big state grant.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dgzx-pw3UQY/UfxXBlRK9FI/AAAAAAAAuvE/P1TOseGv13g/s1600/DSU+Hornet+Stadium.png

Outside of Homecoming weekend DSU doesn't get much fan support or alumni support for its football program to make the university think about improving the facilities. If more alumni gave back and more students came out on game day I think they'd petition the state for money to upgrade what's currently a low tier high school stadium to a respectable FCS stadium.

Pinnum
April 8th, 2021, 08:22 AM
Outside of Homecoming weekend DSU doesn't get much fan support or alumni support for its football program to make the university think about improving the facilities. If more alumni gave back and more students came out on game day I think they'd petition the state for money to upgrade what's currently a low tier high school stadium to a respectable FCS stadium.

Do you know how Wesley will be used? I think Wesley is the nicer campus and is in town rather that out by the racetrack. I am curious how DSU uses the newly acquired campus and how it plays into their athletic programs.

caribbeanhen
April 8th, 2021, 08:48 AM
I don't know why UD ever leaves Delaware Stadium. They should be entitled to play all 11 regular season games at home.

This is just so original

Anthony215
April 8th, 2021, 09:45 AM
Do you know how Wesley will be used? I think Wesley is the nicer campus and is in town rather that out by the racetrack. I am curious how DSU uses the newly acquired campus and how it plays into their athletic programs.

The Wesley campus from what I am being told will be for academics only and intramurals. However I'd love for them to renovate Wesley's stadium for 2 years a total demolition and rebuild with maybe a 6000 seat stadium with chair back seats, lights, homestand can be 4000 and away 2000 seats. Facilities play a large part in getting quality players. DSU could easily pull decent talent from the Philadelphia, Central/South Jersey and NY areas to field competitive teams year in and out.

DFW HOYA
April 8th, 2021, 12:03 PM
The talk on DSU's facilities are on hold pending the imminent future of the MEAC. Not every school is getting a lifeline.