PDA

View Full Version : Draft Site's All-CAA team

Smendy
July 26th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I didn't really draft daddy's version of the All-Big Sky team the other day (it was okay), but I really like this version of the All-CCA team much better than the one the coaches and the media put out yesterday.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

*I like the pick of Flacco over Santos. If you are considering everything (talent, production, pro potential, ect) that is a no-brainer! xsmiley_wix

*Maurice Murray over Joe Casey is a good pick, because at this point, Casey is too small to even be considered a pro fullback prospect and who knows if he'll he get a look as a RB? Murray has great size and athletic ability, he just plays for Northeastern, which gets no pub.

*I'm a Hofstra fan, so I like the fact they put Sussman on the team -- Trice looks the part as a future CCA star, but they may've reached on him. We'll see.

*Love the pick of Tracey.....When we played W&M last season, he looked like a young Lawrence Taylor. Not joking!

Lehigh Football Nation
July 26th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Joe Flacco over Santos AND Schaefer? xeyebrowx

SunCoastBlueHen
July 26th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Joe Flacco over Santos AND Schaefer? xeyebrowx

The guy says he based his all CAA team on Pro potential. With that in mind, Flacco over Santos and Schaefer is not that unreasonable.

Cobblestone
July 26th, 2007, 02:13 PM
WR Shawn Leonard ~ Rhode Island (Sophomore)

WHAT?!?

SunCoastBlueHen
July 26th, 2007, 02:23 PM

WHAT?!?

Again, the guy qualifies his list by saying they are looking for pro potential and stated that they included some younger guys who caught their eye as having ability.

Shawn Leonard didn't have a bad Freshman campaign for a WR on an option team, plus he has decent size at 6'1" 200 lbs.

Played in 10 games as a wide receiver ... had three receptions for 58 yards including a 37-yard touchdown agsinst Brown on Sept. 30 ... had two catches for 51 yards against James Madison on Oct. 7 ... had two catches for 47 yards against Massachusetts on Oct. 21 ... recorded four receptions for 120 yards against Hofstra on Nov. 4 ... had a five yard reception and assisted on a tackle against New Hampshire on Nov. 11 ... caught six passes for 127 yards and two touchdowns against Northeastern on Nov. 17 ... earned a letter.

Smendy
July 26th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Again, the guy qualifies his list by saying they are looking for pro potential and stated that they included some younger guys who caught their eye as having ability.

Shawn Leonard didn't have a bad Freshman campaign for a WR on an option team, plus he has decent size at 6'1" 200 lbs.

I agree Hen. I remember Rhode Island had some young Ricky Proehl look-a-like who smoked Hofstra last season, but I forgot his name. Now that I look back, it was Leonard. I'll say Draft Daddy went out on a limb to pick a player that didn't catch many balls, but he averaged over 22 ypc in '06 and look at his track backround -- state high jump champ....suprised he got away from the Minutemen, or even schools like B.C. or Syracuse.

http://gorhody.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/leonard_shawn00.html

UNH SUPERFAN
July 26th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Draftdaddy is wrong alot, based on this years draft predictions. I've watched every game Rick Santos has played in and I believe that, in the end, he will make a very good pro QB. He may get picked behind guys like Flacco and others hyped up by websites like draftdaddy but those guys will be forgotten when Ricky is an NFL star. He may have to take the same tough route he took at UNH but I think it will happen for him. He is just too tough a competitor to be ignored.

youwouldno
July 26th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Flacco is not in the same universe as Santos. Santos is an infinitely better collegian and will be a much better pro.

Smendy
July 26th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Draftdaddy is wrong alot, based on this years draft predictions. I've watched every game Rick Santos has played in and I believe that, in the end, he will make a very good pro QB. He may get picked behind guys like Flacco and others hyped up by websites like draftdaddy but those guys will be forgotten when Ricky is an NFL star. He may have to take the same tough route he took at UNH but I think it will happen for him. He is just too tough a competitor to be ignored.

Superfan, I can see them being wrong on Flacco, but I don't know about Santos. It will come down to his height and how strong his arm is, as, unfortunately, that's how NFL teams tend to judge prospect.

UNH media reports have him at 6' 2", but if that is overstated and he's really about 5' 11' to 6' 1", he'll have a hard time getting a shot.

This has happened to so many great former 1-aa QB's -- Chris Boden, Erik Meyer, ect....They get overlooked, while NFL teams chase stronger, taller QB's. And the few 1-aa QB's that do get picked in the top 5 rounds -- i.e. Travaris Jackson, Ingle Martin, Josh McCown, ect tend to be bigger, stronger armed 1-a transfers.

Sure, he can go the free agent route and surprise, but outside of Tony Romo, who gone from an undrafted 1-aa QB to an NFL starter in the last few decades?

Cobblestone
July 26th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I agree Hen. I remember Rhode Island had some young Ricky Proehl look-a-like who smoked Hofstra last season, but I forgot his name. Now that I look back, it was Leonard. I'll say Draft Daddy went out on a limb to pick a player that didn't catch many balls, but he averaged over 22 ypc in '06 and look at his track backround -- state high jump champ....suprised he got away from the Minutemen, or even schools like B.C. or Syracuse.

http://gorhody.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/leonard_shawn00.html

Sorry but I sit in Meade Stadium and I don't see the deal with this kid. Yeah, he caught some passes, not bad, what the stats don't show are the number of balls he dropped which were right in his hands. I saw that more than a few times. I'm not saying the kid doesn't have the potential to be a decent WR in the CAA but anything beyond that is a pipe dream.

foghorn
July 26th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Flacco is not in the same universe as Santos. Santos is an infinitely better collegian and will be a much better pro.

You're out of your mind. Flacco's arm makes Santos look like a slow-pitch, softball pitcher.xlolx

UNHFan99
July 27th, 2007, 07:54 AM
It really doesnt matter that much how hard or far a guy can throw. Ricky is an unbelievable competitor. Tom Brady's arm strength is very average. Ricky actually has a very strong arm, but he also has touch. I think some of the posters are confusing his touch for a lack of arm strength. Ricky is 6'2 also I think because he has a thick build it makes him look shorter. His football smarts and competitive heart will one day lead him to the pro's. I think it will be interesting to see what happens with both of them and obviouslly I wish them both the best of luck.

A couple of lists that have Ricky over Flacco.

http://www.draftshowcase.com/08SmallSchool.htm

http://www.nflscouting.info/page2.html

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/draft_value_board.htm

UncleSam
July 27th, 2007, 08:04 AM
From Draftdaddy.com which tends to place added value on 'pro potential'

DD.com's All-Colonial Athletic Association Team

QB Joe Flacco ~ Delaware

RB Maurice Murray ~ Northeastern

RB Omar Cuff ~ Delaware

WR Arman Shields ~ Richmond

TE Brad Listorti ~ Massachusetts

OL Mike Byrne ~ Delaware

OL Matt Austin ~ Massachusetts

OL Terrence Apted ~ James Madison (Junior)

OL Mike Trice ~ Hofstra (Sophomore)

OL Nick Diana ~ Massachusetts

DL Ronald Talley ~ Delaware

DL Ken Sussman ~ Hofstra

DL Bruno Dorismond ~ Maine

DL Sherman Logan ~ Richmond

LB Adrian Tracey ~ William & Mary (Sophomore)

LB Jason Hatchell ~ Massachusetts

LB Gian Villante ~ Hofstra

CB Sean Smalls ~ Massachusetts (Junior)

CB John Clements ~ New Hampshire (Junior)

S Tony LeZotte ~ James Madison

S Jeromy Miles ~ Massachusetts (Sophomore)

DD.com Comment: There are some good football players on the list above, but we were forced to leave some fine football players off the list, as we had to cut it down to only 22 players. Also, while there may seem to be some "glaring ommisions", we do want to point out this is a draft related website, so we try to consider pro potential when we picks these teams. Also, we don't hesitate adding in talented youngsters with size and athletic ability that really caught our eye in 2006, instead of recycling all the same names the media does, based on the players stats last season.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

TigerFan17
July 27th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I see they try and justify Adrian Tracey over Brian Bradford. xcoffeex

foghorn
July 27th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I was answering youwouldno's preposterous statement that Flacco is not in the same 'universe' as Santos.
Santos' biggest asset, IMO, is his great escapability, while Flacco's is his tremendous arm strength and accuracy. Both of these young men possess poise, leadership and gameness. I'd love to see both of them get shots in the pros. xthumbsupx

Tribe4SF
July 27th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I see they try and justify Adrian Tracey over Brian Bradford. xcoffeex

After Tracy's 3 sacks at Towson last year, I'm surprised you object!xsmiley_wix

Tracy is a DE at W&M, but projects as a LB.

Tribe4SF
July 27th, 2007, 09:48 AM
*Love the pick of Tracey.....When we played W&M last season, he looked like a young Lawrence Taylor. Not joking!

Adrian plays DE now, but projects as a LB. He has added size this year (now about 245), and has the speed to get a shot as an LB at the next level. Only a Sophomore, of course.

Smendy
July 27th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Adrian plays DE now, but projects as a LB. He has added size this year (now about 245), and has the speed to get a shot as an LB at the next level. Only a Sophomore, of course.

I agree, Tribe. Saw him against Hofstra last season he just jumped off the screen as a potential next level talent...I think the coaches pre-season team should've included Tracey, but since they don't want "ruffle any feathers" they skew it towards older players, who had better stats in 2006. I guess they figure Tracey will garner his share of accolades in time, so throw the praise at the vets..

Tracey, already, might be the most feared defender in the CAA

UncleSam
July 27th, 2007, 06:33 PM

Flacco has a ton of ability, I think your opinion may be quite a bit different come December.