Incarnate Word

bonarae
April 6th, 2021, 05:42 AM
SLU
SHSU
UIW

gokat89
April 6th, 2021, 06:39 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Nicholls . Not really sure what to think about either of these teams at this point. Colonels at home.

McNeese @ Sam Houston .. Kats get some home cooking this week.

Northwestern St. @ Incarnate Word ... I am picking an upset here. I think NW St is due for its first win and after last weeks game, I think Demons are better than their record shows.

If Demons do pull off the upset this weekend, Kats will win SLC title outright because Nicholls, SE La and UIW would all have 2 conference losses. If this happens does the SHSU / UIW game get cancelled? Wouldnt be any reason to play at that point.

OhioHen
April 6th, 2021, 08:01 AM
Southeastern Louisiana - Nicholls can't play defense
Sam Houston State - Bearkats had their scare on April 1
Incarnate Word - Northwestern State finds yet another way to lose a close one late

BNATION
April 6th, 2021, 08:33 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Nicholls . Not really sure what to think about either of these teams at this point. Colonels at home.

McNeese @ Sam Houston .. Kats get some home cooking this week.

Northwestern St. @ Incarnate Word ... I am picking an upset here. I think NW St is due for its first win and after last weeks game, I think Demons are better than their record shows.

If Demons do pull off the upset this weekend, Kats will win SLC title outright because Nicholls, SE La and UIW would all have 2 conference losses. If this happens does the SHSU / UIW game get cancelled? Wouldnt be any reason to play at that point.

I sure hope not, this opt out bull**** is for the birds.

McNeese72
April 6th, 2021, 09:11 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Nicholls

McNeese @ Sam Houston

Northwestern St. @ Incarnate Word

​Doc

SHSU90
April 6th, 2021, 01:19 PM

Nichols
SHSU
UIW

But why not its working great for JMU?
Everyone else getting beat up injured and looks like they are about to not play a game for a month
Then maintain their ranking

BEAR
April 6th, 2021, 03:29 PM
Nichols
SHSU
UIW

I think to pick the obvious choices weekly but end up being wrong on most of them. Crazy spring season. xlolx

UCA is having an intersquad purple/gray(grey) game this Saturday. I'm picking purple to win. xlolx

McNeese72
April 6th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Nichols
SHSU
UIW

I think to pick the obvious choices weekly but end up being wrong on most of them. Crazy spring season. xlolx

UCA is having an intersquad purple/gray(grey) game this Saturday. I'm picking purple to win. xlolx

Just pick UCA to win and you can't go wrong. They can't lose unless a whole lof of people get injured.

Doc

gokat89
April 6th, 2021, 04:39 PM

Not saying I dont agree with you. Play the schedule out as far as I am concerned. But, I ask the question because I see where this stuff is headed.

McCowboys
April 6th, 2021, 06:35 PM
Bearkat fans, I will be attending (God willing) my first ever (and probably last as SHSU moves to the WAC) game in Bowers Stadium.
Can someone give me advice on visitor parking? I read some information about construction and how some parking is only for visitor buses, but I am very much in the dark about where visitors are expected to park and if there will be a charge to park. I have my ticket already. If any Cowboys fans are planning to attend, you must buy a ticket online or by calling the SHSU athletic department. No tickets will be sold at the gate according to information I have read.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. I am surprised to see people picking the Demons. I do realize that this has been a very crazy season and anything is possible. I just think that UIW has much more to play for (a possible playoff berth) with two more wins.

caribbeanhen
April 7th, 2021, 05:19 PM

McNeese @ Sam Houston

Katfan
April 7th, 2021, 08:56 PM
[

- - - Updated - - -

Bearkat fans, I will be attending (God willing) my first ever (and probably last as SHSU moves to the WAC) game in Bowers Stadium.
Can someone give me advice on visitor parking? I read some information about construction and how some parking is only for visitor buses, but I am very much in the dark about where visitors are expected to park and if there will be a charge to park. I have my ticket already. If any Cowboys fans are planning to attend, you must buy a ticket online or by calling the SHSU athletic department. No tickets will be sold at the gate according to information I have read.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. I am surprised to see people picking the Demons. I do realize that this has been a very crazy season and anything is possible. I just think that UIW has much more to play for (a possible playoff berth) with two more wins.
Plenty of free parking close to stadium. Enjoy the game. If I was in town I’d buy you a beer. If you’re so inclined. Unfortunately I won’t make this one. Hopefully we’ll have some outta conf games in future

- - - Updated - - -

McNeese75
April 7th, 2021, 09:22 PM
McNeese @ Sam Houston

McCowboys
April 8th, 2021, 06:16 AM
[

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of free parking close to stadium. Enjoy the game. If I was in town I’d buy you a beer. If you’re so inclined. Unfortunately I won’t make this one. Hopefully we’ll have some outta conf games in future

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the info! Yes, with close proximity and an established rivalry, I hope there will be some future home-and-homes between the Cowboys and the Bearkats.

Hood
April 10th, 2021, 12:13 AM
I think there was some manner of construction in the area last time I went to Bowers, also. Their frequent upgrades may be part of why they were able to get into the WAC :p

Raven Maniac
April 10th, 2021, 12:38 AM
I think there was some manner of construction in the area last time I went to Bowers, also. Their frequent upgrades may be part of why they were able to get into the WAC :p

The upgrades were a project that started several years ago and will eventually include a new press box. Items already completed are the new field and score board. The goal of all the Texas teams joining the WAC is a move within 10 years to move up to FBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serpentor
April 10th, 2021, 05:25 PM
Kats settle for a field goal in closing seconds, not enough time left to punch it in. 17-3 SHSU at the half.

SpreadTheWord
April 10th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Gosh, our defense is horrible.

Schism55
April 10th, 2021, 08:11 PM
https://twitter.com/AllenGWaddell/status/1381038627703128074

Professor Chaos
April 10th, 2021, 09:08 PM
https://twitter.com/AllenGWaddell/status/1381038627703128074
Yeah, what's the deal with this? Judging from some social media comments I've seen the SLU players went over a Nicholls fan section and were taunting them after the game??? I feel like there's a lot more to this story...

katss07
April 10th, 2021, 09:36 PM
Not part of the pick em, but who saw that Nicholls fan rush the field and "attack" the SELA players? That had to be an AGS poster right?

lionsrking2
April 10th, 2021, 09:45 PM
Yeah, what's the deal with this? Judging from some social media comments I've seen the SLU players went over a Nicholls fan section and were taunting them after the game??? I feel like there's a lot more to this story...

This guy walked into a group of our players who were taking pictures with the River Bell trophy at midfield and jumped one of our guys. Its all documented. He’s lucky police were right there to arrest him.

gokat89
April 10th, 2021, 10:50 PM
NW St is giving UIW all they can handle.... Tied 40-40 with 5 mins in 4th Quarter. NW St has 588 yds of offense in this game...

lionsrking2
April 10th, 2021, 11:18 PM
NW St is giving UIW all they can handle.... Tied 40-40 with 5 mins in 4th Quarter. NW St has 588 yds of offense in this game...

Demons walk it off!

katss07
April 10th, 2021, 11:45 PM
I'd think this all but ends the Southland's chances at an at large bid, but with how weak the bubble could be and SELA still playing SIU next weekend, they could still have an outside shot.

lionsrking2
April 11th, 2021, 12:56 AM
I'd think this all but ends the Southland's chances at an at large bid, but with how weak the bubble could be and SELA still playing SIU next weekend, they could still have an outside shot.

We definitely have an outside shot (with a win next week). Maybe better than an outside shot. We played UIW without nine starters and are just now getting back to health and playing our best football of the year.

Professor Chaos
April 11th, 2021, 02:49 AM
If Incarnate Word knocks off Sammy they'll still have a strong argument despite two losses. I really don't think this loss hurts them all that much since they weren't likely to get in without a win next week anyway.

SLU's fate rests on the outcome of the Delaware/Nova and JMU/Richmond games next week I think. If Delaware and/or JMU win or one of/both of those games get cancelled SLU's prospects get a lot better if they can knock off Southern Illinois.

lionsrking2
April 11th, 2021, 03:36 AM
If Incarnate Word knocks off Sammy they'll still have a strong argument despite two losses. I really don't think this loss hurts them all that much since they weren't likely to get in without a win next week anyway.

SLU's fate rests on the outcome of the Delaware/Nova and JMU/Richmond games next week I think. If Delaware and/or JMU win or one of/both of those games get cancelled SLU's prospects get a lot better if they can knock off Southern Illinois.

Yeah but I don't see UIW beating Sam Houston unless Sam rests starters. I have no idea how it will shake out other than we just have to go to Carbondale, play hard and see what happens — if we get in, we get in; if we don't we don't — Let 'er rip.

caribbeanhen
April 11th, 2021, 06:01 AM
Yeah but I don't see UIW beating Sam Houston unless Sam rests starters. I have no idea how it will shake out other than we just have to go to Carbondale, play hard and see what happens — if we get in, we get in; if we don't we don't — Let 'er rip.

that game was scheduled to see who is playoff at large worthy if you ask me and I love it

Saw the first part of your game yesterday, liked that little dipsy doo reverse where your QB caught the TD pass.... looks like the Coach opened up the playbook yesterday.... nothing to lose

gokat89
April 11th, 2021, 08:21 AM

Its a tricky call on this. Kats cant afford to sit too many starters and lose this game because they then would run the risk of losing a Top 4 seed. You know it would happen if they lose this game. Plus, the team has been struggling through some injury issues the last two weeks, especially along the offensive line. Two starting WR's Ezzard and Harvin have been battling some nagging injuries as well.

However, I could see Keeler playing his starters at least the first half and see where they are at by halftime. If Kats can jump on them early and build a nice lead, I see KCK pulling his key starters.

Daytripper
April 11th, 2021, 10:40 AM
We definitely have an outside shot (with a win next week). Maybe better than an outside shot. We played UIW without nine starters and are just now getting back to health and playing our best football of the year.

I still think SLU was the best team we played this spring.

Puddin Tane
April 12th, 2021, 12:36 AM
Gosh, our defense is horrible.

yup, pretty bad

helluva an offense tho.

Puddin Tane
April 12th, 2021, 12:42 AM
I still think SLU was the best team we played this spring.

I guess it was cuz it was our first game and Morgan was playing ALL the newbies, but Nicholls looked like Bama against us.

I think sammie was the best, followed by Nichols then slu. Uiw could score at will,but no defense

cant figure out NW. They looked like a juco playing us..and we sucked

BNATION
April 12th, 2021, 07:26 AM
Aside from the Lamar game NWST has been a very competitive team, I think they have gotten better each week. Those guys are a good football team, and right now, aside from us, probably the last team in the conference you want to play. What they did to us was no fluke. Tons of pressure, physical team, and well coached.

McNeese75
April 12th, 2021, 08:04 AM
Congrats to the Kats on the title. I was not able to go to the game on Saturday but I did watch the replay. Plenty of opportunities for McNeese to pull that game out but the better team (this spring) got the W. Best of luck in the playoffs and to the Lions as well if they make it.

That being said, we in Poke Nation are very proud of the team and coaching staff. Other than the UIW game they were in every contest and had opportunities to win them all. Looking forward to what the fall brings.

Daytripper
April 12th, 2021, 08:28 AM
Congrats to the Kats on the title. I was not able to go to the game on Saturday but I did watch the replay. Plenty of opportunities for McNeese to pull that game out but the better team (this spring) got the W. Best of luck in the playoffs and to the Lions as well if they make it.

That being said, we in Poke Nation are very proud of the team and coaching staff. Other than the UIW game they were in every contest and had opportunities to win them all. Looking forward to what the fall brings.

If Orgeron hadn't fumbled at the goal line and punched it in, we might be talking about a McNeese win. Our defense was gassed. Our QB got sloppy with the ball in the second half and gave you guys life.

McNeese75
April 12th, 2021, 08:41 AM
If Orgeron hadn't fumbled at the goal line and punched it in, we might be talking about a McNeese win. Our defense was gassed. Our QB got sloppy with the ball in the second half and gave you guys life.

Or if the tight end did not drop the wide open pass in the endzone, or if Walker had been successful from inside the 5 yd line and not tried to toss the ball forward, or a questionable call on the Begue catch at the goal line. Plenty of opportunities but considering what was on the O-line Saturday (and it was decimated as evidenced by the complete lack of a running game - no slight to the Kat D line which is very good) the effort was there. woulda, shoulda, coulda don't get it done xlolx. There were similar chances in the Lamar and SLU game but oh well.

McNeese72
April 12th, 2021, 10:57 AM

A lot of what if's in that game. Good luck to the Kats in the playoffs.

We did pretty well in that game considering the condition (or noncondition) of our offensive line. Zem's Sunday Blog about the game, if you have time to read it, explains real well what was going on, especially with the offensive line. https://zemsgems.wordpress.com/

I feel real good with the players we will have coming in in the offseason about the fall season. I think we will be pretty good. Of course, the only way we will probably play you guys again will either be in the playoffs or maybe in a bowl game in the future. I feel our President and AD have nondisclosed long range plans for the future.

Doc

BEAR
April 12th, 2021, 01:57 PM
So has the SLC crowned the Kats the spring champions? I don't see it on the SLC website. Or do they do that AFTER the last game?
I know they get the autobid...but with only one game left why doesn't the SLC have the announcement of their trophy on the website?

Or is the SLC giving out the trophy this spring? xeyebrowx

Edit: Found this on the SLC twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EypxeMQWEAIArhB?format=jpg&name=small

Raven Maniac
April 12th, 2021, 10:15 PM
A lot of what if's in that game. Good luck to the Kats in the playoffs.

We did pretty well in that game considering the condition (or noncondition) of our offensive line. Zem's Sunday Blog about the game, if you have time to read it, explains real well what was going on, especially with the offensive line. https://zemsgems.wordpress.com/

I feel real good with the players we will have coming in in the offseason about the fall season. I think we will be pretty good. Of course, the only way we will probably play you guys again will either be in the playoffs or maybe in a bowl game in the future. I feel our President and AD have nondisclosed long range plans for the future.

Doc

Best of luck to you guys next year and on. Maybe we can both win our conferences and meet up in a non COVID world. Here is a shot from the sidelines.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210413/d73988244c05c5032c0791d9eef4f64e.jpg

Daytripper
April 13th, 2021, 06:09 AM
So has the SLC crowned the Kats the spring champions? I don't see it on the SLC website. Or do they do that AFTER the last game?
I know they get the autobid...but with only one game left why doesn't the SLC have the announcement of their trophy on the website?

I am guessing the Southland will do as little as possible to promote any of the Texas 4 that are leaving for the WAC....so, just a tweet.

McNeese72
April 13th, 2021, 09:28 AM

I know a few years back, McNeese clinched the SLC Championship at home in the next to last game. The Southland would not present the trophy to McNeese after the game and made them wait until after the Lamar game on the road before doing the trophy presentation. Pissed off McNeese and the McNeese fans not letting them do it at home even though they clinched the championship at that home game.

Doc

Raven Maniac
April 13th, 2021, 09:34 AM
I know a few years back, McNeese clinched the SLC Championship at home in the next to last game. The Southland would not present the trophy to McNeese after the game and made them wait until after the Lamar game on the road before doing the trophy presentation. Pissed off McNeese and the McNeese fans not letting them do it at home even though they clinched the championship at that home game.

Doc

SHSU did get a trophy Saturday.

McNeese72
April 13th, 2021, 11:50 AM
The transfer portal can be your friend and it can be you enemy. McNeese is losing WR Trevor Begue to the portal as a graduate transfer with one year left. Quality player and person. I wish him well where ever he ends up.

Doc

BEAR
April 14th, 2021, 12:32 PM
The transfer portal can be your friend and it can be you enemy. McNeese is losing WR Trevor Begue to the portal as a graduate transfer with one year left. Quality player and person. I wish him well where ever he ends up.

Doc

Now that sucks! But it will happen to all our teams if it hasn't already. The transfer portal is FULL! xlolx

I remember that name against us. He made some incredible catches that game. But if he's a grad transfer then he's got more than football talent having only been there since what 2017? or so? Good job kid. Best wishes to him.

McNeese72
April 15th, 2021, 05:48 AM
Now we are losing our punter and a defensive lineman.

Raven Maniac
April 17th, 2021, 12:42 AM
Now we are losing our punter and a defensive lineman.

These kids are getting bad advice. I pray coaches will step in and add reality to the portal.

BNATION
April 17th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Pull the ball one time #3. Damn.