PDA

View Full Version : To the Kennesaw Fans (and more) MONMOUTH STUFF

MUHAWKS
April 4th, 2021, 05:50 PM
I saw a couple Kennesaw fans opining that you do not get enough love in the polls etc. Not sure how that can be taken seriously when you are consistently in the top 10 even with an on average to weak schedule, and were ranked higher than us (Monmouth) not only after we smoked you but to start this Spring year. To end 2019, Monmouth whooped you, you lost some key guys, we return 17 starters, just beat CSU in a much more dominant fashion than you guys and we are not even ranked! One may think rankings only matter so much but if you start the year top 10 it is much easier to lose 1-2 or even 3 games and still be in the at large playoff hunt versus starting unranked. If anything, Monmouth is the team getting screwed ranking wise. Now the Spring season is hard to gage for sure but clearly it will have a baring on where teams come into the Fall year ranking wise so it matters a lot (aside from the obvious reasons it matters)..

With that said, this is not an anti Kennesaw post. I respect and like your program and sans the one game you have owned us. My Hawks got thrashed against JMU when we had our best team ever and 2 years before that got taken out back by Northern Iowa. So I do understand that in both of our big game chances we faltered mightily, while KSU has beaten some top teams and/or played close games with them. Frankly I think a lot of that has to do with your offense being so hard to prepare against/defend more than having just outright better skill but whatever it does not matter. Wins/Losses matter.

Not sure what to expect this week in what should be The FCS Game of the Week or one of them. I guess we can call it a de-facto Big South Championship game although If we win that could set up an absurd 3 or 4 way tie if we lose the next week. I would assume that would not happen anyway. One thing I know is this- Let's say MU beats the Owls like 29-27, KSU would still be in the convo for an at large! If MU loses by the same margin there is no way in hell we would be. Why is that? It is b/c WE get no respect not YOU!

It should be a great game. We have looked pretty good but frankly have def not played GREAT football yet. We are dealing with a new QB who so far looks mature, but Saturday should be a much bigger test.

SIDENOTE- AGS site has been dramatically slow for me for a few weeks. It is the ONLY site I have this issue with. Is there something I can do to correct? Anyone else have these issues? I can click somethign and it takes sometimes 15-20 seconds for it to populate.

Chalupa Batman
April 4th, 2021, 07:01 PM
I saw a couple Kennesaw fans opining that you do not get enough love in the polls etc. Not sure how that can be taken seriously when you are consistently in the top 10 even with an on average to weak schedule, and were ranked higher than us (Monmouth) not only after we smoked you but to start this Spring year. To end 2019, Monmouth whooped you, you lost some key guys, we return 17 starters, just beat CSU in a much more dominant fashion than you guys and we are not even ranked! One may think rankings only matter so much but if you start the year top 10 it is much easier to lose 1-2 or even 3 games and still be in the at large playoff hunt versus starting unranked. If anything, Monmouth is the team getting screwed ranking wise. Now the Spring season is hard to gage for sure but clearly it will have a baring on where teams come into the Fall year ranking wise so it matters a lot (aside from the obvious reasons it matters)..

With that said, this is not an anti Kennesaw post. I respect and like your program and sans the one game you have owned us. My Hawks got thrashed against JMU when we had our best team ever and 2 years before that got taken out back by Northern Iowa. So I do understand that in both of our big game chances we faltered mightily, while KSU has beaten some top teams and/or played close games with them. Frankly I think a lot of that has to do with your offense being so hard to prepare against/defend more than having just outright better skill but whatever it does not matter. Wins/Losses matter.

Not sure what to expect this week in what should be The FCS Game of the Week or one of them. I guess we can call it a de-facto Big South Championship game although If we win that could set up an absurd 3 or 4 way tie if we lose the next week. I would assume that would not happen anyway. One thing I know is this- Let's say MU beats the Owls like 29-27, KSU would still be in the convo for an at large! If MU loses by the same margin there is no way in hell we would be. Why is that? It is b/c WE get no respect not YOU!

It should be a great game. We have looked pretty good but frankly have def not played GREAT football yet. We are dealing with a new QB who so far looks mature, but Saturday should be a much bigger test.

SIDENOTE- AGS site has been dramatically slow for me for a few weeks. It is the ONLY site I have this issue with. Is there something I can do to correct? Anyone else have these issues? I can click somethign and it takes sometimes 15-20 seconds for it to populate.

Do you use a VPN? Same thing happens with me when I have mine turned on. Turn it off and the site works fine.

BurialGround
April 6th, 2021, 04:57 PM
It seems like most of the talk on here about KSU not getting enough love in the polls is from one fan in particular, a very obvious troll fan, and I think people on here let this guy rile them up way too much. Besides that, the complaints were mostly about the Selection Committee poll, which didn't rank KSU in the top 10. Personally, I don't have a problem with it, as we haven't played nearly as many games as some other schools.

As far as the rankings go, both of us play weak schedules. And KSU has actually had some good OOC wins over the last few years (Samford, JSU, @Montana State) which plays into our reputation. And yup, our playoff record is a lot better. You guys have one win against a PL team and two blowout losses while we've beaten Samford, JSU, and Wofford (twice), and all three of our losses were close. Worst loss was by 10 points to a very good SDSU team. At the end of the day, these big-name wins and close losses are the reason we're always much higher in the polls. Things will change if Monmouth starts winning these games, or at least is more competitive. That's also why we'll still be in the discussion for an at-large if we lose, while you guys won't. We're a safe choice for the committee because we're always competitive in the playoffs. That being said, I'm fairly sure we're out if we lose to you.

We'll see if we can even suit up a QB against you guys. We were down to 3rd string against RMU last weekend.

Our defense will be the key. We were clueless against you guys last year. Honestly, our defense has never been the same since we lost our first-ever DC to Navy after the 2018 season. We seem to be improving this year, though we had big 4th quarter lapses against Charleston and Dixie. I'm not convinced we're back on that side of the ball yet, as you guys are our first true test. We'll see this weekend.

I'll throw one more thing out there. If Murphy is in at QB, and he's at 100%, you guys better be ready to score 50+. He's quick.

BigBlueMU
April 7th, 2021, 07:54 AM
BurialGround is right. I think it's really one troll poster on here who thinks KSU is a top 5 team.

MU really needs a signature OC win (not just dominating the PL every year) to be ranked anything over 20. Another big win vs KSU this weekend would help that case.

I do like our frosh QB and the defense has looked solid. Should be a good one on Saturday.

Mocs123
April 7th, 2021, 09:02 AM
KSU does generally play a very weak OOC schedule and overall the Big South isn't a power conference either. That looks to be about to change though with them joining the A-Sun with Jacksonville State and Central Arkansas both regular top 25 contenders.

Both KSU and JSU are used to being the big fish in the small pond - it will be interesting to see how they adapt going to a stronger and more competitive conference.

Anthony215
April 7th, 2021, 09:23 AM
What is the Big South's plan when KSU, UNA & JSU bolt for the A-Sun? Any replacements to take their place or will they operate with just RMU, Monmouth, NC A&T, Campbell, Charleston Southern, Gardner Webb & Hampton. With just the 7 they still keep their AQ status for playoff bid but one team bolts and it could all crumble. Does A&T persuade Central to take the invite and join them to stabilize the conference and maybe Hampton gets Howard or NSU to bolt over once the MEAC is done.

WileECoyote06
April 7th, 2021, 02:44 PM
What is the Big South's plan when KSU, UNA & JSU bolt for the A-Sun? Any replacements to take their place or will they operate with just RMU, Monmouth, NC A&T, Campbell, Charleston Southern, Gardner Webb & Hampton. With just the 7 they still keep their AQ status for playoff bid but one team bolts and it could all crumble. Does A&T persuade Central to take the invite and join them to stabilize the conference and maybe Hampton gets Howard or NSU to bolt over once the MEAC is done.

We're good. As long as the MEAC has 6-8 we'll stick it out.