PDA

View Full Version : YSU vs WIU game

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 07:00 PM
Ready for kickoff. Game is on local TV in Ytown. Guins are healthy and most starters have improved overall. Looking for a heavy run game from YSU and all out passing attack from WIU.

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 07:15 PM
WIU punt return for TD. Necks lead 7-0.

Schism55
April 3rd, 2021, 07:24 PM
The announcers, woof xembarrassedx

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 07:36 PM
Announcers are WIU local. Yep, they are bad.

Long TD run by McLaughlin for YSU. 7-7, 3 minutes to go 1st qtr.

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 07:47 PM
Goal line stand by YSU. Guins ball on the 1. 2nd qtr.

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 08:11 PM
YSU RB Turner with 3 yd TD. Guins lead 14-7. 2 minutes left in the half.

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 08:20 PM
WIU TD pass. YSU leads 14-13 on blown xp kick.

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 08:23 PM
****ing ridiculous that the defense plays not to lose with 2 minutes to half! That's two games they did this ****.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 08:34 PM
YSU TD pass on last play of the half. YSU 21-13

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 08:34 PM
The announcers, woof xembarrassedxSounds like two WIU broadcasting students. Don't know their asses from a hole in the ground [emoji849]

BeamMeUp
April 3rd, 2021, 08:36 PM
Not an enjoyable half of football to watch, but at least they capped it off with a nice TD drive to end the half. Penguins look very rusty on defense. Hoping to see improvement in the second half as I’ve been disappointed in the D’s effort thus far.

JayJ79
April 3rd, 2021, 08:37 PM
Announcers are WIU local. Yep, they are bad.

Long TD run by McLaughlin for YSU. 7-7, 3 minutes to go 1st qtr.
I just tuned in on espn+ for the last series of the half. Announcers almost sound like highschoolers, but I'm guessing they're WIU students

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 08:40 PM
I believe McLaughlin is hurt. Landed on the football with two leather necks on his back on his last run.

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 08:40 PM
That’s exactly who they are, Red. Terrible broadcast. Listening to Ytown radio while watching the game. Much better.

YSU ran for 178 yds first half plus 75 passing yds. In control and expect them to get better 2nd half.

JayJ79
April 3rd, 2021, 08:43 PM
Sounds like two WIU broadcasting students. Don't know their asses from a hole in the ground [emoji849]
boom goes the dynamite.

Paladin1aa
McLaughlin 113 yds on 9 carries the 1st half.

ysubigred
That’s exactly who they are, Red. Terrible broadcast. Listening to Ytown radio while watching the game. Much better.

YSU ran for 178 yds first half plus 75 passing yds. In control and expect them to get better 2nd half.Good idea. Having IPTV watching WBCB from KY is great.

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 08:47 PM
That WIU QB is pretty decent. Definitely got a great passing arm. Seems scared to tuck and run.

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 08:48 PM
boom goes the dynamite.You know right [emoji736]

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 08:53 PM
WIU QB will probably throw 50 times tonite. Secondary needs tightened up. We are stopping their run game.

Looking for more run game from YSU 2nd half.

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 08:55 PM
WIU QB will probably throw 50 times tonite. Secondary needs tightened up. We are stopping their run game.

Looking for more run game from YSU 2nd half.Any word on McLaughlin? He's back sweet..

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 09:00 PM
McLaughlin is fine. YSU drives for a FG. YSU 24-13

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 09:08 PM
Nice. Punt return, now a 97 yard KO return [emoji42]

The special teams are not so special!

On the bright side YSU'S offense will get some more work in a hurry.

24-19

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 09:08 PM
Boy, the special teams suck. KO return for WIU TD. YSU 24-19

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 09:20 PM
Stupidity is running ramped in Macomb by YSU tonight..

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 09:23 PM
YSU blocks a FG. They need to fire up the run game. Eat up clock.

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 09:25 PM
Now I see why WIU gave PUNI a fit. Scrappy team..

ST_Lawson
April 3rd, 2021, 09:32 PM
I just tuned in on espn+ for the last series of the half. Announcers almost sound like highschoolers, but I'm guessing they're WIU students

Our entire broadcast team is comprised of undergrad sports broadcasting students. I'm glad they're getting experience, but I can't listen to them either. I just have the game on mute and try to sync up our radio broadcast.

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 09:40 PM
Holy crap end of the 3rd qtr.. I've never seen a more piss poor game. The refs, broadcasters, and YSU. The only thing I'm digging is WIU'S kick ass attitude.

JayJ79
April 3rd, 2021, 09:41 PM
Our entire broadcast team is comprised of undergrad sports broadcasting students. I'm glad they're getting experience, but I can't listen to them either. I just have the game on mute and try to sync up our radio broadcast.

They do a better job than I could ever do (but that isn't saying much).

I used to always mute the video/TV announcers and try to sync up the radio too, for UNI FB and VB. But I've been too lazy this year (plus, this year due to the pandemic, the radio guy, for volleyball at least, hasn't even traveled with the team, and just did PBP while watching the video stream himself, along with a generic "game noise" track in the background, that I'm fairly sure was taken from basketball.)

ST_Lawson
April 3rd, 2021, 09:43 PM
They do a better job than I could ever do (but that isn't saying much).

Same here (and I was a broadcasting major...radio though, not sports)

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 09:46 PM
WIU blows a chip shot FG. YSU needs to put this away with another TD.

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 09:47 PM
Wow dodged another bullet. WIUs FG kicker is worse than YSUs..

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 09:49 PM
WIU shoots itself in the foot with un sportsmen conduct penalty. 3rd one in game.

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 09:56 PM
WIU shoots itself in the foot with un sportsmen conduct penalty. 3rd one in game.Didn't help. YSU really stinking it up tonight.

Another mental miscues by YSU LOL

Schism55
April 3rd, 2021, 09:58 PM
What happened with that play in the end zone at the end o the 3rd, looked like sure safety/possible def td for YSU... yet WIU kept possession ans fresh set of downs at their 25??

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 09:59 PM
What happened with that play in the end zone at the end o the 3rd, looked like sure safety/possible def td for YSU... yet WIU kept possession ans fresh set of downs at their 25??

Called face mask on YSU

ST_Lawson
April 3rd, 2021, 10:00 PM

Facemask penalty against YSU

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 10:02 PM
BTW, great show that we have no QB on the team. INT.

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 10:04 PM
TD WIU plus 2 xp. Necks up 27-24.

Maybe the Necks aren’t the worst team in the league,lol

Schism55
April 3rd, 2021, 10:05 PM
Called face mask on YSU
Damn, bruuutal

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 10:06 PM
BTW, great show that we have no QB on the team. INT.Looks like YSU has no team.. I'm giving WIU some credit, playing hard and physical.

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 10:13 PM
Looks like YSU has no team.. I'm giving WIU some credit, playing hard and physical.

Cmon, Red. Both teams are bad. WIU does have a QB but not much else. Both have bad personnel.

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 10:13 PM
TD WIU plus 2 xp. Necks up 27-24.

Maybe the Necks aren’t the worst team in the league,lolSouth Dakota?

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 10:15 PM
Cmon, Red. Both teams are bad. WIU does have a QB but not much else. Both have bad personnel.I think the whole league sucks then using your analogy..

ST_Lawson
April 3rd, 2021, 10:16 PM
Cmon, Red. Both teams are bad. WIU does have a QB but not much else. Both have bad personnel.

This.

You guys may not have a QB, but that's pretty much the only thing we have.
Neither is going to win you many games (as our combined 1-9 record shows).

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 10:18 PM
This.

You guys may not have a QB, but that's pretty much all we have.
Neither is going to win you many games (as our combined 1-9 record shows).

Agree. You got a nice QB but nothing to go with him. Both teams have bad personnel. Fitting this game is being played for the basement.

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 10:21 PM
2nd INT. Necks deserve to win.

JayJ79
April 3rd, 2021, 10:21 PM
that conference standing graphic was interesting. haha
MSU has UNI's logo
UNI is listed twice (one of them supposed to be SIU, as per the logo)

Of course, the conference standings are a mess themselves, with all the game cancellations

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 10:32 PM
Agree. You got a nice QB but nothing to go with him. Both teams have bad personnel. Fitting this game is being played for the basement.Huh? Last I checked WIU has some receivers that are pretty handy.

Paladin1aa
April 3rd, 2021, 10:35 PM
Game was a good indication of what I’ve said for quite some time - YSU recruiting has been very poor. Couldn’t even beat a winless basement team. Not much to look forward to for years.

Congrats to WIU for being slightly better while sharing the basement with us. lol

ysubigred
April 3rd, 2021, 10:54 PM
On Any Given Saturday in this league. WIU wanted it more. If they play like they did today I see them ending 3-5.

YSU may end up 1-7. MO state and UND is going to be a tall task and the WIU game film will be gold for them..

Still excited for the fall.. Transfers will be key especially on offense.

Paladin1aa
April 4th, 2021, 07:33 AM
Be excited, Red. Whoopty do. They are the worst team in the league. No QB on the roster. None. Poor OL. Very average players when you find one. They should run out and sign up more Ytown area players. Talk about clueless. The talent level is very low.

It will take a ton of transfers. The same players this spring are what you have this Fall. Translation - poor. I didn’t see many smart coaching moves either against a basement team. They were out coached as well. Complete cesspool in Ytown. Realistically wondering in the wilderness for years.

The story of the game is special teams lost this game. Punt return for TD. Ditto KO return. Otherwise they couldn’t beat what at that point was the worst team in the league. Make no mistake, WIU is not very good on either side of the ball. Give them credit, they have a nice QB but little to go with him. Both teams are going to be playing for the Toilet Bowl for years.

ysubigred
April 4th, 2021, 08:10 AM
Be excited, Red. Whoopty do. They are the worst team in the league. No QB on the roster. None. Poor OL. Very average players when you find one. They should run out and sign up more Ytown area players. Talk about clueless. The talent level is very low.

It will take a ton of transfers. The same players this spring are what you have this Fall. Translation - poor. I didn’t see many smart coaching moves either against a basement team. They were out coached as well. Complete cesspool in Ytown. Realistically wondering in the wilderness for years.

The story of the game is special teams lost this game. Punt return for TD. Ditto KO return. Otherwise they couldn’t beat what at that point was the worst team in the league. Make no mistake, WIU is not very good on either side of the ball. Give them credit, they have a nice QB but little to go with him. Both teams are going to be playing for the Toilet Bowl for years.Ok thanks. Last I checked USD must be the worst team in the league?

Morehead won again yesterday.. jump on their band wagon.

Drink a few of these and relax.. They're just kids..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210404/b28ef5c29320f790a8039ea4a03847d6.jpg