PDA

View Full Version : FCS Game of the Week (3/13ish/2021)

Daytripper
March 9th, 2021, 02:06 PM
Thought we might try this so as to be back to a sense of normalcy. Three pretty good games.

skinny_uncle
March 9th, 2021, 03:40 PM
Yep. Been looking for this.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 9th, 2021, 03:51 PM
Nice! We just shift pieces into a new position and carry on. Well done DT.

caribbeanhen
March 9th, 2021, 04:02 PM
They should be a slam dunk Nicholls at Sammy

Chalupa Batman
March 9th, 2021, 05:57 PM
They should be a slam dunk Nicholls at Sammy

I voted for Nicholls/Sam Houston also but I didn't think it was a slam dunk. UNI/SIU might be an elimination game for the playoffs.

skinny_uncle
March 9th, 2021, 07:24 PM
I voted for Nicholls/Sam Houston also but I didn't think it was a slam dunk. UNI/SIU might be an elimination game for the playoffs.
It should help sort out the pecking order in the Valley.

katss07
March 9th, 2021, 07:47 PM
Gonna be a homer and vote for Sam/Nicholls, but in reality I realize SIU/UNI will probably be a closer game. Nicholls isn't going to fare well. Unfortunately for them, the local peewee teams they've played these last few weeks won't have them ready for the best rush defense in the FCS.

Puddin Tane
March 10th, 2021, 01:30 AM
Gonna be a homer and vote for Sam/Nicholls, but in reality I realize SIU/UNI will probably be a closer game. Nicholls isn't going to fare well. Unfortunately for them, the local peewee teams they've played these last few weeks won't have them ready for the best rush defense in the FCS.

ouch.

Daytripper
March 10th, 2021, 09:57 AM

This will be the key. While the scoreboard showed that SLU put up 38 points on the Bearkat defense, the Lions only totaled 87 rushing yards at 2.5 yards per carry. The Kat secondary was without a starting cornerback, who will be back for Nicholls. I like Sam Houston's potential in this game.

KPSUL
March 13th, 2021, 04:31 PM
Looks like we missed the target on the game of the week this time, there were a lot of good games this week but Nicholls @ SHSU definitely wasn't one of them.

katss07
March 13th, 2021, 04:43 PM
This will be the key. While the scoreboard showed that SLU put up 38 points on the Bearkat defense, the Lions only totaled 87 rushing yards at 2.5 yards per carry. The Kat secondary was without a starting cornerback, who will be back for Nicholls. I like Sam Houston's potential in this game.
Yep. Ellison got nothing against the Kat front 2 weeks ago. Preseason All-Conf RB Julien Gums today: 4 carries, 9 yards.