PDA

View Full Version : Maine At JMU Game Sold Out

JMU Duke Dog
August 22nd, 2005, 05:49 PM
Tickets for the Maine at JMU game on October 8, 2005 at 1:30 PM are sold out. The game coincides with JMU's family weekend for the 2005 season. This sellout is the earliest sellout in the football program’s history. Some tickets do remain for the other home games against Lock Haven (game still in question), Delaware State, Richmond (Homecoming), Villanova, and Towson. I would strongly urge people to purchase their tickets now if they plan on going to one of these games.

DuckDuckGriz
August 22nd, 2005, 05:51 PM
Awesome!!! Keep it up Dukies!! Support is key to building and keeping the program at the top.

Hansel
August 22nd, 2005, 06:30 PM
Cool always good to see IAA's fill their stadiums

UD1993
August 23rd, 2005, 08:07 AM
nice job!! i heard the jmu/ud game is almost a sell out.

JMU Duke Dog
August 23rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
nice job!! i heard the jmu/ud game is almost a sell out.

I guarantee that the JMU at Delaware game will sell out. Delaware gave JMU 400 tickets for the game as it is Delaware's parents and family weekend. For those not lucky enough to get tickets the game will be televised. This game is a must see for both teams' fans.

Eagle_77
August 23rd, 2005, 01:50 PM
Do you guys have any grass area seating or anything like that for game day General Admission people. GSU capacity is 18,000 but we can fit 25,000 in with all the grass area seating. We rarely if ever had to turn fans away.

th0m
August 23rd, 2005, 02:02 PM
Eagle_77. No we don't. On the sides there's the stands, on one endzone we have the Athletic Performance Center, and on the other endzone there's the scoreboard and temporary bleachers that seat about 1k or so.

Eagle_77
August 23rd, 2005, 02:04 PM
Man that sucks. Is there any room to bring in more temp seating?

th0m
August 23rd, 2005, 02:11 PM
This is a pretty recent picture of the stadium:

http://www.jmusports.com/Facilities/images/bridgeforth.jpg

As you can see, they could bowl in the entire endzone with temp seating, but I doubt they'll do that just for the Homecoming and Parent's weekend games, because those are always packed. There are plans to bowl the endzone in with permanent seating, which would be great, for acoustics and the general capacity. I don't know what the timeline there is, but seeing as we will have even more sellouts and last year was already 102% attendance (although that number is not accurate, they used the stadium cap of 12,500, without the temp bleachers, but we still had high 90th percentile), they should seriously consider the options. Other options that I've heard are lowering the field to remove the distance the track created but there seems to be a shallow water table in that area (there's a small lake at the south side of the picture) so that may be too pricey to realise. Either way, this season will most likely bring more improvements to our program, and there are just so many things happening right now.

GAD
August 23rd, 2005, 03:53 PM
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: Congrats,There is nothing like playing in front of a full stadium it adds something to the game!