PDA

View Full Version : Which Television Station has the best presentation?

Zoo
July 16th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Inspired by the Hating on FOX and Joe Buck topic, and reading OB55's opinion on CBS' "VOOOOMPH! sounds on every replay" xlmaox xlmaox

I decided to make this topic.

So which station has the best and worst presentation?

Grizalltheway
July 16th, 2007, 07:50 PM
For the NFL I prefer CBS, but overall ABC is probably the best.

NDSUFREAK
July 16th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I hate CBS' theme song though.......

ISUMatt
July 16th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I dont like CBS' Broadcasters fo rthe NFL...I thought NBC did a fine job

I Bleed Purple
July 16th, 2007, 08:45 PM
For the NFL I prefer CBS, but overall ABC is probably the best.

You've got to be joking. ESPN on ABC has horrendous presentation, on any traditional sports program.

TNT has the best presentation of the traditional sports I believe. CBS' golf is probably second. I'd have to think about others.

poly51
July 16th, 2007, 08:48 PM
For the NFL which ever network has John Madden. (Cal Poly grad).

For Dodger baseball KCAL9 or Fox Sports West. With Vin Scully

Gorilla89
July 16th, 2007, 10:07 PM
In baseball, Joe Morgan is the best color guy on ESPN's Sunday Night's game of the week.xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
July 16th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I dont like CBS' Broadcasters fo rthe NFL...I thought NBC did a fine job

A summary of John Madden's color commentary: "To play great foo'ball, you gotta play great foo'ball." Plus that horrendous opening with Pink. xbangx

You've got to be joking. ESPN on ABC has horrendous presentation, on any traditional sports program.

TNT has the best presentation of the traditional sports I believe. CBS' golf is probably second. I'd have to think about others.

I say ABC mostly because Mike Tirico (sp). He's become one of my favorite announcers. xnodx

mvemjsunpx
July 17th, 2007, 04:00 AM
I don't know if FOX has the best sports presentation overall, but their coverage of the BCS games was outstanding, way better than ABC.

I love how well they profiled Boise State fairly, talked about their school and teammates, & showed their band numerous times (even though I don't like BSU).
Comparing that to Rod Gilmore's idiotic arrogance on ESPN during the FCS Semis/Championship makes me cringe (though, to be fair, Pam Ward's crew always does a great job).

griz37
July 17th, 2007, 10:40 AM
ESPN Saturday night primetime college football w/Ron Franklin. There is something about watching a Saturday night SEC game & hearing Ron's voice that just makes me happy.