PDA

View Full Version : Former Wildcat Connor McCormick Doing Well In AFL2

UNHWildCats
July 14th, 2007, 11:08 PM
This from the notes section of the Manchester (NH) Wolves game recap aftr knocking off former undefeated Scranton-Wilkes Barre.

Wolves kicker Connor McCormick of the University of New Hampshire is a perfect 18-18 on PAT kicks at home this season.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Wolves+enjoy+a+major+upset+w in&articleId=34b45ab3-8aad-4f05-a380-1e84ba034452

WrenFGun
July 16th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Even hearing the name makes me cringe. I remember that game against UNI where they wouldn't give him a shot at a 49 yarder with about 2 minutes to go to try and tie the game. Instead, they tried some weird play with Keith Levan and it effectively ended the season.

That said, I'm glad he's doing well.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
July 16th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Even hearing the name makes me cringe. I remember that game against UNI where they wouldn't give him a shot at a 49 yarder with about 2 minutes to go to try and tie the game. Instead, they tried some weird play with Keith Levan and it effectively ended the season.

That said, I'm glad he's doing well.

Do you mean the "wierd play" on 4th and 2 when Santos made a perfect pitch on the left side to LeVan as the only defender in the zip code committed to Santos leaving LeVan with yards of green grass ahead of him? The same play we ran against UMass in Amherst where LeVan caught terrible pitches from Santos (one behind him, one off the ground)?

LeVan catches that pitch and he has a 1st down easily, most likely 20+ yards. That play haunts me as much as any play in that game!

Back on subject, congrats to Connor! Not much room for error on those PATs in the Arena League!!

WrenFGun
July 16th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Heh, true. I think I was so frustrated that they didn't try it that I missed how obvious it was that he should have caught it. Even still, I get bothered so much that they ran an entirely different offense for one game.

UNH_ORACLE
July 18th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Jesus that kid is still hanging on.... He's lucky Wimmer transferred, he would have never seen a minute after his sophomore season and UNH probably would be National Champions. Somebody give em the hook!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
July 19th, 2007, 09:07 PM
McCormick is from Wilkes-Barre which is near me. A couple of my college friends were best friends with Connor and went to HS with him so i got the whole scope on the Wildcats in '04 and '05. I'll never forget when i told them how UNH was going to get killed against GSU in '04. I ate some crow for that one.