PDA

View Full Version : Duck baseball is back!!!

DuckDuckGriz
July 13th, 2007, 06:13 PM
No longer the only team in the Pac-10 without a baseball program xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

Oregon to reinstate baseball

EUGENE - The University of Oregon will reinstate baseball as one of its intercollegiate programs following a 26-year absence, according to an announcement Friday by the school's Director of Athletics Pat Kilkenny.

Kilkenny said that his decision was based in part upon the financial future of the Ducks' department of athletics as well as a growing interest in the sport on a national level and among University of Oregon constituents and alumni.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=1088760&DB_OEM_ID=500&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=500&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

TexasTerror
July 13th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Wonder what this will mean for Oregon State athletics, particularly the baseball program at Oregon's cross-state rival...

DuckDuckGriz
July 13th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Wonder what this will mean for Oregon State athletics, particularly the baseball program at Oregon's cross-state rival...

I think with the success OSU has been having, UO wants to loosen the stranglehold they have on baseball within the state (and the NW). Also, everyone knows the athletic dept here is no stranger to turning a profit so I'm sure the numbers look pretty good from watching the Beavs (marketing, game revenue, media coverage).

The deal has been that OSU does not have track (which UO is a dynasty), and UO does not have baseball.

dbackjon
July 14th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Good to see - but it sucks that they are cutting Wrestling

bobcatfan06
July 16th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Oh no, wonder what hideous uniform Nike will come up with for the Ducks Baseball team....this ought to be good.

Tod
July 16th, 2007, 02:42 AM
http://www.ibrrc.org/images/duck_hat.jpg

dgreco
July 16th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Oh no, wonder what hideous uniform Nike will come up with for the Ducks Baseball team....this ought to be good.

can't be as ugly as Oregon St. away uni's.

NoCoDanny
July 16th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Can you have a diamond plate pattern on a baseball uniform?

I guess we'll soon find out.

DuckDuckGriz
July 16th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I'm sure they'll come up with something good. But hey, atleast our basketball jerseys are normal. There's hope.