Cowboys
Colonels
Lions

McNeese72
February 25th, 2021, 03:24 PM
Incarnate Word @ McNeese NOON
Lamar @ Nicholls 3:00
Southeastern LA @ Sam Houston 6:00

I hope I am not wrong about McNeese. I don't have a clear read on whether we are really good or not. And we don't know what to expect from UIW.

Doc

SUPharmacist
February 25th, 2021, 03:41 PM
Mcneese
Lamar
Sam Houston

bonarae
February 25th, 2021, 04:33 PM
McNeese
Nicholls
SHSU

McNeese75
February 25th, 2021, 05:01 PM
Incarnate Word @ McNeese NOON - Hopefully the Pokes were not Cinderella in that first game.
Lamar @ Nicholls 3:00
Southeastern LA @ Sam Houston 6:00 - This one could go either way.

Puddin Tane
February 25th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Mcneese
Nichols
Sela

katss07
February 25th, 2021, 11:18 PM
McNeese
Lamar
Sam

OhioHen
February 26th, 2021, 06:29 AM
McNeese
Nicholls
Southeastern Louisiana

SpreadTheWord
February 27th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Seeing all of the McNeese picks...

https://en.meming.world/images/en/thumb/6/6d/Jim_Halpert_Smiling_Through_Blinds.jpg/300px-Jim_Halpert_Smiling_Through_Blinds.jpg

SFA 93
February 27th, 2021, 04:27 PM
UIW has a good QB, and he's only a freshman.

caribbeanhen
February 27th, 2021, 04:35 PM
UIW has a good QB, and he's only a freshman.

He looked great

Nicholls State has another QB that looks pretty good as well

BEAR
February 27th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Seeing all of the McNeese picks...

https://en.meming.world/images/en/thumb/6/6d/Jim_Halpert_Smiling_Through_Blinds.jpg/300px-Jim_Halpert_Smiling_Through_Blinds.jpg

xlolx. You know McNeese is struggling when a UIW fan is talking smack. xlolx

caribbeanhen
February 27th, 2021, 06:26 PM
LK2,

what is the status of RB Morgan Ellison?

caribbeanhen
February 27th, 2021, 06:27 PM
nevermind I see him now

Hood
February 27th, 2021, 06:55 PM
Nicholls has scored 142 and given up 3 over the course of 2 games.

Someone give me a brown paper bag to breath into. The last time we started out THAT good, all games were vacated due to an academic scandal. (We lost week 2 against an FBS but still had a good showing).

Puddin Tane
February 27th, 2021, 10:07 PM
Nicholls has scored 142 and given up 3 over the course of 2 games.

Someone give me a brown paper bag to breath into. The last time we started out THAT good, all games were vacated due to an academic scandal. (We lost week 2 against an FBS but still had a good showing).

don’t get too excited. Y’all played a d2 and a high school

Hood
February 27th, 2021, 11:23 PM
don’t get too excited. Y’all played a d2 and a high school Don't be too hard on any university getting their teeth kicked in, especially your own team. Current events are ruining a lot of things, and on field performance is one of them. I have no illusions about what's going to happen if Nicholls makes the playoffs. And even if we win conference, I feel like the line in the sand I drew prior to the 2020 NFL season should still stand: Any championship won in any sport under Covid should have an asterisk. This should apply to teams I root for as well.

McNeese75
February 27th, 2021, 11:56 PM
Watching the games today I expect SHSU, Nichols and SELU to knock the rest of the schedule around this spring. UIW has a team that will give people trouble as well.

The Cowboys, well let’s just say there will be a lot of coaching opportunities the next couple months

McNeese72
February 28th, 2021, 07:47 AM
"We suck agai.........nah..........make that we still suck". The McNeese - Lamar game might be a pretty even matchup. ;)

Doc

McNeese75
February 28th, 2021, 09:18 AM
Don't be too hard on any university getting their teeth kicked in, especially your own team. Current events are ruining a lot of things, and on field performance is one of them. I have no illusions about what's going to happen if Nicholls makes the playoffs. And even if we win conference, I feel like the line in the sand I drew prior to the 2020 NFL season should still stand: Any championship won in any sport under Covid should have an asterisk. This should apply to teams I root for as well.Lindsey Scott looked pretty damn scary.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

lionsrking2
February 28th, 2021, 02:20 PM
LK2,

what is the status of RB Morgan Ellison?

He's been banged up and wasn't sure he would play. He flashed a little bit last night but Sam loads the box to stop the run. He'll be a big factor the rest of the way — he's a beast.

We didn't get the W but last night was a lot of fun. It's a shame we had to open with each other, but that was two of the best offenses in the country going at it last night — we came up a tick short. I like our chances the rest of the way.

caribbeanhen
February 28th, 2021, 04:08 PM
He's been banged up and wasn't sure he would play. He flashed a little bit last night but Sam loads the box to stop the run. He'll be a big factor the rest of the way — he's a beast.

We didn't get the W but last night was a lot of fun. It's a shame we had to open with each other, but that was two of the best offenses in the country going at it last night — we came up a tick short. I like our chances the rest of the way.

he had to fight for every inch... not many holes for him but you can see the toughness, he brings the physical to the defense...

saw him on that pass play as well

It got to a point with so many passes that I was saying to myself you guys needed to run it the ball just a bit more... there was a little jull in the passing game with some drops...

but Yes, I enjoyed the show from both sides..... I would have to say Sam Houston should be thinking spring title... maybe you'll get to play em again in the playoffs

but having said that, no margin for error and Incarnate Word and especially Nicholls looks great

lionsrking2
February 28th, 2021, 04:18 PM
he had to fight for every inch... not many holes for him but you can see the toughness, he brings the physical to the defense...

It got to a point with so many passes that I was saying to myself you guys needed to run it the ball just a bit more... there was a little jull in the passing game with some drops...

but Yes, I enjoyed the show from both sides..... I would have to say Sam Houston should be thinking spring title... maybe you'll get to play em again in the playoffs

but having said that, no margin for error and Incarnate Word and especially Nicholls looks great

Sam crowds the box with eight and nine guys and plays their safeties within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage — they aren't going to let anybody run it and they tackle well. And the front four is easily the best in the country — it's not close. But I knew we'd move it and score points, just a matter of taking what they gave. But I agree, they are the best team I've seen of anybody this spring, and I've seen all of the highest ranked teams on TV.

There is no margin for error the rest of the way but I think we'll be fine. I have a good feeling we'll be seeing Sam again.

Daytripper
February 28th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Sam crowds the box with eight and nine guys and plays their safeties within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage — they aren't going to let anybody run it and they tackle well. And the front four is easily the best in the country — it's not close. But I knew we'd move it and score points, just a matter of taking what they gave. But I agree, they are the best team I've seen of anybody this spring, and I've seen all of the highest ranked teams on TV.

There is no margin for error the rest of the way but I think we'll be fine. I have a good feeling we'll be seeing Sam again.

Thanks for the props. You guys just wouldn't go away, and I would put QB Kelley against any other quarterback in the FCS. I like Schmid, but he is better. I agree with you about the Sam D-line. They will be a handful. The key for us making noise in the postseason will be how healthy our offense stays. I predict Sam and SLU will both be in the playoffs.

Puddin Tane
March 1st, 2021, 01:51 AM
Don't be too hard on any university getting their teeth kicked in, especially your own team. Current events are ruining a lot of things, and on field performance is one of them. I have no illusions about what's going to happen if Nicholls makes the playoffs. And even if we win conference, I feel like the line in the sand I drew prior to the 2020 NFL season should still stand: Any championship won in any sport under Covid should have an asterisk. This should apply to teams I root for as well.

im a fan of passing, so I think I’m in for a rough time with the new coach.

My problem with the game-
we have around 55 freshmen...do we need to play em all? We have, IMO, one of the best linebackers in the southland, #10, Dallas Martin. Should never leave the field..played about 1/3. We have zero returning dL or ol, but we do have lb, corners and safeties with experience. They rotated em in and out with true freshmen. I feel like Morgan is going to treat spring like a big long scrimmage, not really worried about the score.

we didn’t throw a pass over 10 yards till the 4th quarter! Granted, the qb was running for his life, but damn.

I really don’t think we will score an offensive td this spring.

(btw..Nichols is pretty darn good. Big kids)

Puddin Tane
March 1st, 2021, 01:56 AM
Mannnn...at 91 total yards, we had 20 less than Lincoln(MO). Good times

Hood
March 1st, 2021, 04:30 AM
It's a shame so many of the Texas schools are leaving the Southland. A proper season with proper prep would have provided better entertainment as well as a proper experience for these kids. And that's not even counting the outright spit show in Lake Charles recovering from a catastrophic hurricane on top of everything else. I'm not saying I'm yearning for the days of McNeese dominance, but that OT game they had would have been a runaway in their favor any other time.

If there's one thing that's grown on me the further I get away from my youth is you only get one life. These kids at best only get 4 years of college football. I really hate that 1/4 of it is, this... *gestures*

McNeese72
March 1st, 2021, 08:15 AM
im a fan of passing, so I think I’m in for a rough time with the new coach.

My problem with the game-
we have around 55 freshmen...do we need to play em all? We have, IMO, one of the best linebackers in the southland, #10, Dallas Martin. Should never leave the field..played about 1/3. We have zero returning dL or ol, but we do have lb, corners and safeties with experience. They rotated em in and out with true freshmen. I feel like Morgan is going to treat spring like a big long scrimmage, not really worried about the score.

we didn’t throw a pass over 10 yards till the 4th quarter! Granted, the qb was running for his life, but damn.

I really don’t think we will score an offensive td this spring.

(btw..Nichols is pretty darn good. Big kids)

Sounds like McNeese - Lamar is going to be a pretty even match. We had three walkon offensive linemen playing by the end of the UIW game. No holes for the runningbacks and Cody was running for his life most of the game.

And, if you don't throw the ball downfield, that would be good for us. Our DB's gave up a lot of big pass plays against UIW.

Doc

Puddin Tane
March 1st, 2021, 12:22 PM
It's a shame so many of the Texas schools are leaving the Southland. A proper season with proper prep would have provided better entertainment as well as a proper experience for these kids. And that's not even counting the outright spit show in Lake Charles recovering from a catastrophic hurricane on top of everything else. I'm not saying I'm yearning for the days of McNeese dominance, but that OT game they had would have been a runaway in their favor any other time.

If there's one thing that's grown on me the further I get away from my youth is you only get one life. These kids at best only get 4 years of college football. I really hate that 1/4 of it is, this... *gestures*

im not a fan of the move.

caribbeanhen
March 1st, 2021, 09:29 PM
Lindsey Scott looked pretty damn scary.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Did he hit Buck Belue for a TD......

McNeese75
March 2nd, 2021, 03:41 PM
Did he hit Buck Belue for a TD......

naaaaw, he decided to throw to 8 different ones 16/21 for 232 and 3 tds. He trotted an additional 108 on 10 carries for another 3 tds.

Cole Kelly looked good against SHSU but I will put my money on Mr. Scott against both Kelly and Schmidt. 6'1" 220 and has speed. Of course he has not been challenged by a good team yet so time will tell.

caribbeanhen
March 2nd, 2021, 04:03 PM
naaaaw, he decided to throw to 8 different ones 16/21 for 232 and 3 tds. He trotted an additional 108 on 10 carries for another 3 tds.

Cole Kelly looked good against SHSU but I will put my money on Mr. Scott against both Kelly and Schmidt. 6'1" 220 and has speed. Of course he has not been challenged by a good team yet so time will tell.

yeah I saw just a bit of that game and he was indeed very impressive

Too bad you have to be 60 years old to know what my Buck Belue reference was. Haha

lionsrking2
March 2nd, 2021, 04:46 PM

6-1?

McNeese75
March 2nd, 2021, 05:11 PM
6-1?

xlolx, You are correct. He is a 5'11" smurf. Don't know wth I was looking at.

McNeese75
March 2nd, 2021, 05:14 PM
yeah I saw just a bit of that game and he was indeed very impressive

Too bad you have to be 60 years old to know what my Buck Belue reference was. Haha

Well, I grew up in South Texas so I was not really in tune with Georgia football but I did google it and now I capish xnodx

caribbeanhen
March 2nd, 2021, 05:22 PM
Well, I grew up in South Texas so I was not really in tune with Georgia football but I did google it and now I capish xnodx

run Lindsey run

lionsrking2
March 2nd, 2021, 06:22 PM
run Lindsey run

Remember it well -- watched it live. Can't believe it's been that long.

caribbeanhen
March 2nd, 2021, 08:07 PM
Remember it well -- watched it live. Can't believe it's been that long.

that game was at the Gator Bowl In Jacksonville ..... yes?

lionsrking2
March 2nd, 2021, 08:34 PM
that game was at the Gator Bowl In Jacksonville ..... yes?

That would be correct

caribbeanhen
March 3rd, 2021, 08:00 PM
That would be correct

I bet you had a few outdoor cocktails...

lionsrking2
March 3rd, 2021, 09:34 PM
I bet you had a few outdoor cocktails...

Welp, for starters, I was not yet of age to partake in 1980. Also, when I said live, I meant saw it on TV live, not at the stadium in person.

caribbeanhen
March 4th, 2021, 08:48 AM
Welp, for starters, I was not yet of age to partake in 1980. Also, when I said live, I meant saw it on TV live, not at the stadium in person.

gotcha

caribbeanhen
May 17th, 2021, 10:03 PM

Homestead