PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Pick'em Sat 2/27

SUPharmacist
February 24th, 2021, 10:44 PM
Hopefully five games this week, looking forward to a full slate.

Sat 2/27
UNI@YSU
USD@ISU
MSU@WIU
SDSU@UND
NDSU@SIU

Standings after last week:

1. Bonarae 3-0
2. SDFS 2-1
2. Daytripper 2-1
2. POD Knows 2-1
2. OhioHen 2-1
2. caribbeanhen 2-1
2. Chalupa Batman 2-1
2. TheKingpin28 2-1
2. Bear 2-1
2. skinny_uncle 2-1
11. ST_Lawson 1-2
11. Professor Chaos 1-2
11. The Yo Show 1-2
11. SUPharmacist 1-2
11. Bisonator 1-2
11. NDSUKurt 1-2
11. Schism55 1-2
11. Paladin1aa 1-2

bonarae
February 24th, 2021, 10:48 PM
UNI - after a painful loss, can the Panthers recover?
ISU
MSU - close but no cigar
SDSU
NDSU

DCWIU11
February 24th, 2021, 10:50 PM
UNI
ISU
WIU
SDSU
NDSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUPharmacist
February 24th, 2021, 10:54 PM
UNI@YSU
USD@ISU
MSU@WIU
SDSU@UND
NDSU@SIU

ST_Lawson
February 24th, 2021, 11:16 PM
UNI
ISU
WIU - this is our best chance at a win this season, so I gotta hope we can pull out one
SDSU
NDSU

Chalupa Batman
February 24th, 2021, 11:45 PM
UNI
ISU
WIU - couldn’t decide but coin said WIU
SDSU
NDSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhioHen
February 25th, 2021, 06:29 AM
UNI
ISUr
MSU - like Chalupa Batman this was decided by a random device (the card pulled from the deck was red)
SDSU
NDSU

POD Knows
February 25th, 2021, 08:15 AM
UNI@YSU
USD@ISU
MSU@WIU
SDSU@UND
NDSU@SIU The Bison are ripe to fall, #BOOKIT

Paladin1aa
February 25th, 2021, 08:24 AM
UNI
ISU
MSU
SDSU
NDSU

Redbird 4th & short
February 25th, 2021, 08:33 AM
UNI - after a painful loss, can the Panthers recover?
ISU
MSU - close but no cigar
SDSU
NDSU

On your MSU pick .....oh, they're showing up ? 57 and sunny probably helped.

Or someone reminded Petrino ...

https://media.makeameme.org/created/you-cant-win-8govjk.jpg

Professor Chaos
February 25th, 2021, 10:51 AM
YSU (I'm tied for last - can't get any worse)
ISU
MSU
SDSU
NDSU

BEAR
February 25th, 2021, 10:56 AM
Sat 2/27
UNI@YSU
USD@ISU
MSU@WIU
SDSU@UND
NDSU@SIU

Schism55
February 25th, 2021, 12:51 PM
UNI
ISU
WIU
SDSU
NDSU

Wanted to pick the 'Guins in what is sure to be an epic rock fight, but just couldn't bring my self to.

Preferred Walk-On
February 25th, 2021, 01:11 PM
Sat 2/27

Northern Iowa @ Youngstown State
South Dakota @ Illinois State
Missouri State @ Western Illinois
South Dakota State @ North Dakota
North Dakota State @ Southern Illinois

skinny_uncle
February 25th, 2021, 01:36 PM
UNI@YSU
USD@ISU
MSU@WIU
SDSU@UND
NDSU@SIU

ST_Lawson
February 25th, 2021, 01:44 PM
On your MSU pick .....oh, they're showing up ? 57 and sunny probably helped.

Or someone reminded Petrino ...

Maybe they figured they could actually win this one.

Daytripper
February 25th, 2021, 02:04 PM
UNI@YSU
USD@ISU
MSU@WIU
SDSU@UND
NDSU@SIU

caribbeanhen
February 25th, 2021, 03:09 PM
UNI

ISU

MSU

UND

NDSU

Gil Dobie
February 25th, 2021, 06:53 PM
Sat 2/27
UNI@YSU
USD@ISU
MSU@WIU
SDSU@UND
NDSU@SIU

Bisonator
February 25th, 2021, 08:09 PM
UNI
ISU
WIU
SDSU
NDSU

Redbird 4th & short
February 25th, 2021, 08:54 PM
Maybe they figured they could actually win this one.
And not get their little feeties so cold !

So after Petrino canceled the week 1 game, Spack canceled his week 1 pre-game show and press conference that week .. understandable, sure. No news there.

But Spack wasn't done ... next he also cancels this weeks pregame show, though kept his press conference for tonight. But then our normally very competent video media department puts out this 17 second hype video on twitter ... Spack goes all Clint Eastwood on Petrino .. a bit corny and over the top, sure .. but still kind of cool. Just shows you how pissed he is about the game being canceled.

.. humor me and click or copy paste one of the 2 below. I'm just not a twitter guy.

https://twitter.com/ISURedbirds/status/1363927671076454408?s=20

https://twitter.com/ISURedbirds/status/1363927671076454408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1363927671076454408%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpublish.twitter.com%2F%3Fque ry%3Dhttps3A2F2Ftwitter.com2FISURedbirds2Fstatus2F 1363927671076454408widget%3DTweet

SDFS
February 25th, 2021, 10:03 PM
And not get their little feeties so cold !

So after Petrino canceled the week 1 game, Spack canceled his week 1 pre-game show and press conference that week .. understandable, sure. No news there.

But Spack wasn't done ... next he also cancels this weeks pregame show, though kept his press conference for tonight. But then our normally very competent video media department puts out this 17 second hype video on twitter ... Spack goes all Clint Eastwood on Petrino .. a bit corny and over the top, sure .. but still kind of cool. Just shows you how pissed he is about the game being canceled.

.. humor me and click or copy paste one of the 2 below. I'm just not a twitter guy.

https://twitter.com/ISURedbirds/status/1363927671076454408?s=20

https://twitter.com/ISURedbirds/status/1363927671076454408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1363927671076454408%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpublish.twitter.com%2F%3Fque ry%3Dhttps3A2F2Ftwitter.com2FISURedbirds2Fstatus2F 1363927671076454408widget%3DTweet

I love pety coaching fueds.. thanks for the posts they are great.

Professor Chaos
February 26th, 2021, 09:52 AM
I can't wait until Spack retires so he can play Mike Ditka in his biopic.

Remember that time he shaved his mustache when they were ranked in the top 10 and they proceeded to lose their next 4 and got left out of the playoffs? NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE STACHE!!!

Redbird 4th & short
February 26th, 2021, 11:38 AM
The funny thing is, Spack is very serious and genuine about sh-t like this. He is so old school in his mentality about nonsense .. it just comes off corny and overdone, like this 17 second hype video aimed at Petrino AND his own players/coaches. But he 100% means it, and he recruits players who know this about him. And they almost always buy in ... or they eventually move on. I know lots of coaches say this and act like this ... none mean it more than Spack.

He knows how to build defenses and run games .. and his old school mentality works very well in these smash mouth areas. But his QB/passing history is lower tier for MVFC .. he's the guy who doesn't want is QB to cost him any games .. to the programs detriment in terms of our Achilles heel .. the QB position and pass games.

If he ever figured out how to recruit and develop a HS QB, including some depth, ISUr would be top 5 most years. Instead we bob in and out of top 10 to 15 most years. And we needed FBS transfer QB Roberson to get us to title in 2014-15, but that team was so loaded without him on offense ... 3 wound up in NFL, none of which were named Roberson or Coprich.

We love him and this stupid hype video because we know he means it.

Redbird 4th & short
February 26th, 2021, 12:26 PM
I can't wait until Spack retires so he can play Mike Ditka in his biopic.

Remember that time he shaved his mustache when they were ranked in the top 10 and they proceeded to lose their next 4 and got left out of the playoffs? NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE STACHE!!!

no doubt ! Back ground on that dumb shave the stache stunt in 2018. Post Roberson/Coprich, we started to become known as a team that got up for big games and let down for easy games. 2016 beat bowl bound Northwestern one week, then lose to EIU the next week. 2017/18 handiily beat top 5 SDSU and USD, smoked FBS G5 Colorado St, then lose to bad MoST by 3, get blown out by non-playoff teams NAU and SIU.

So in 2018, we were heading into SIU game, who blew us out in 2017 and Spack challenges the team to get ready for any easier game. The team responds by saying, if we beat SIU by 5 TDs will you shave the stache .. he couldn't say no. We win by 7 TDs. No worries, his stache literally grew back within a week. But then we play murderers row NDSU, SDSU, UNI ... followed by a decent ISUb ... and we're done.

And we have not underestimated the power of the stache since .. got us to quarters without a pass game in 2019 !!!!

Stache may not be enough this spring ... lost too much. More hopeful about Fall.

Redbird 4th & short
February 26th, 2021, 01:24 PM
UNI
ISU
WIU - this is our best chance at a win this season, so I gotta hope we can pull out one
SDSU
NDSU
lawson ... take one guess who I'm rooting for in this one ? Put a beating on these guys .. please !!

Hey ... if I show up with refrigerated truck (which may or may not be filled with snow), can you sneak me in the back gate closest to the MoST sideline ? I'd like to help WIU welcome Petrino to Illinois.

ST_Lawson
February 26th, 2021, 02:03 PM
lawson ... take one guess who I'm rooting for in this one ? Put a beating on these guys .. please !!

Hey ... if I show up with refrigerated truck (which may or may not be filled with snow), can you sneak me in the back gate closest to the MoST sideline ? I'd like to help WIU welcome Petrino to Illinois.

Not sure how strict they're going to be with closing up the gates and stuff, but I suppose you could try hopping the fence behind the east side stands: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.4686095,-90.6832728,3a,83.2y,270.29h,85.42t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPIKUCseJz2IKrPiSsepdNA!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656

(https://www.google.com/maps/@40.4686095,-90.6832728,3a,83.2y,270.29h,85.42t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPIKUCseJz2IKrPiSsepdNA!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656)We'll definitely do our best to get you a bit of revenge for last weekend's shenanigans.

TheKingpin28
February 26th, 2021, 07:17 PM
UNI

ISU

MSU

SDSU

NDSU

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

ysubigred
February 27th, 2021, 09:23 AM
UNI #usually don't beat these ****ers even if they dressed the band.

SDU

DAWGS

NoDak

NDSU

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SDFS
February 27th, 2021, 10:58 AM
UNI@YSU - UNI
USD@ISU - ISU
MSU@WIU - MSU
SDSU@UND - SDSU
NDSU@SIU - NDSU

Houndawg
February 27th, 2021, 03:25 PM
UNI@YSU
USD@ISU
MSU@WIU
SDSU@UND

Ballsy pick after SIU losing their QB in last week's fiascoxbowx

ysubigred
February 27th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Ballsy pick after SIU losing their QB in last week's fiascoxbowxNoDak is better than you think ask the bunnies.

skinny_uncle
February 27th, 2021, 03:38 PM
UNI@YSU
USD@ISU
MSU@WIU
SDSU@UND
Amazing

BEAR
February 27th, 2021, 05:58 PM
Sat 2/27
UNI@YSU
USD@ISU
MSU@WIU
SDSU@UND
NDSU@SIU

Me and POD....

POD Knows
February 28th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Me and POD....NDSU is going to lose to Missouri State next week, just watch, reputation can only carry you so far, this team is ghost of what it was on the OL, QB play is horrid and will continue to be horrid. Put 8 or 9 guys in the box and NDSU will have no answer. Secondary might be the worst in the conference.

uofmman1122
February 28th, 2021, 03:07 PM
NDSU is going to lose to Missouri State next week, just watch, reputation can only carry you so far, this team is ghost of what it was on the OL, QB play is horrid and will continue to be horrid. Put 8 or 9 guys in the box and NDSU will have no answer. Secondary might be the worst in the conference.
I've been a little out of the FCS loop since Montana announced we wouldn't be playing this spring, so forgive my ignorance, but did you guys just lose...your entire team from last year?

ysubigred
February 28th, 2021, 03:54 PM
NDSU is going to lose to Missouri State next week, just watch, reputation can only carry you so far, this team is ghost of what it was on the OL, QB play is horrid and will continue to be horrid. Put 8 or 9 guys in the box and NDSU will have no answer. Secondary might be the worst in the conference.You're full of ****.. probably roll 10 in a row and another NC @bookit!

caribbeanhen
February 28th, 2021, 04:10 PM
You're full of ****.. probably roll 10 in a row and another NC @bookit!

so true, POD is watching the river rise and shoveling sand

BEAR
February 28th, 2021, 04:11 PM
NDSU is going to lose to Missouri State next week, just watch, reputation can only carry you so far, this team is ghost of what it was on the OL, QB play is horrid and will continue to be horrid. Put 8 or 9 guys in the box and NDSU will have no answer. Secondary might be the worst in the conference.

All I know is I wasn’t that impressed with their effort against us in the fall. I saw without Lance and Cox for example they still might be decent but not what they were in the past. They will reload as usual but this is a different kind of year with the virus screwing up teams and schedules.

Chalupa Batman
February 28th, 2021, 04:36 PM
I've been a little out of the FCS loop since Montana announced we wouldn't be playing this spring, so forgive my ignorance, but did you guys just lose...your entire team from last year?

It sure seems like it, which is weird because the 2019 team was pretty young. We did lose 4 NFL players off that team though, including 3 that should've been expected back in LB Jabril Cox (transfer to LSU), LT Dillon Radunz, and QB Trey Lance (both preparing for draft).

We are being reminded right now how fortunate we've been with having good QB play for the last decade.

Bisonator
February 28th, 2021, 06:49 PM
Not quite the entire team but enough to make a significant impact for sure. We lost 4 draft picks in Tuszka, Lance, Cox and Radunz. Starters at center, guard, TE, RB and WR on offense. Starters at DE, DT, 2 LB, S and CB. Not to mention 3 RB's to transfer, quit and injury. We only played 1 game last fall and didn't look that great against UCA with some of those guys still here. Not making excuses because there are none for the way they have played in the first 2 games but that's a lot of talent to replace in one year and a ****ed up year to boot. I figured they would lose a game or even 3 this spring but very disappointed with the effort yesterday. The line play on both sides of the ball as well as the QB position is very concerning.

Bisonator
February 28th, 2021, 06:51 PM
Most Bison fans wished our AD would have put more effort into as many games as possible last fall and forget about this spring season BS but it is what it is, just hope it doesn't effect this fall's season.

POD Knows
March 1st, 2021, 08:34 AM
You're full of ****.. probably roll 10 in a row and another NC @bookit!

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkThat, my good man, is not going to happen with this team. Actually, and I am going to predict this here, we will need to beat UND to even salvage face this year. This is an awful team, undersized at most positions, no real QB to speak of and if the Bison can't run the ball we are completely screwed. This O line is a shell of what they were, lots of losses from this last fall.

TheKingpin28
March 1st, 2021, 09:31 AM
Honestly, after seeing that YSU game, I was not impressed. Just making it to the playoffs this year should be a feat in its' own.

ysubigred
March 2nd, 2021, 01:10 PM
Honestly, after seeing that YSU game, I was not impressed. Just making it to the playoffs this year should be a feat in its' own.

Yup! On my end I was hoping YSU was good enough to give the champs a decent game. I guess both teams suck more than we know?

TheKingpin28
March 2nd, 2021, 01:29 PM
Yup! On my end I was hoping YSU was good enough to give the champs a decent game. I guess both teams suck more than we know?It's almost as if transfers and putting a bandaid over an o-line and a lackluster defense does not bode well for the system.

Hammerhead
March 2nd, 2021, 01:30 PM
I think there are only nine seniors on the roster with some declaring for the draft and others just wanted to move on with life and start their careers instead of enrolling in graduate school to play in the spring when there was no guarantee that the spring games would even happen.

Not quite the entire team but enough to make a significant impact for sure. We lost 4 draft picks in Tuszka, Lance, Cox and Radunz. Starters at center, guard, TE, RB and WR on offense. Starters at DE, DT, 2 LB, S and CB. Not to mention 3 RB's to transfer, quit and injury. We only played 1 game last fall and didn't look that great against UCA with some of those guys still here. Not making excuses because there are none for the way they have played in the first 2 games but that's a lot of talent to replace in one year and a ****ed up year to boot. I figured they would lose a game or even 3 this spring but very disappointed with the effort yesterday. The line play on both sides of the ball as well as the QB position is very concerning.

ysubigred
March 2nd, 2021, 02:09 PM
It's almost as if transfers and putting a bandaid over an o-line and a lackluster defense does not bode well for the system.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkI wish YSU had that problem. We're at the talent level Indy State was 15 years ago. Can't say the cupboard was bare but it surely has some generic crap in it.. xtwocentsx

TheKingpin28
March 2nd, 2021, 03:49 PM
I wish YSU had that problem. We're at the talent level Indy State was 15 years ago. Can't say the cupboard was bare but it surely has some generic crap in it.. xtwocentsx

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkStarting next year, we will see how good or bad Entz is at recruiting and coaching. We can at least get an idea this year but I do not expect results if he thinks turning us into TransferU is the answer. If I had my choice, and I cant bring back Klieman, I'd give a ring down to Manhattan and see if Messingham wants to come back. Roehl looks like Polasek lite so far and Braun does not have the defense gelling. Again, losing key players hurts but turning NDSU into TransferU is not going to be allowed.

I know Blazek was only here a year, but in wonder if he saw something (cant argue with FBS pay for position coach) in the O-Line and that maybe led to partially the decision to leave?

geaux_sioux
March 2nd, 2021, 06:51 PM

Did you guys reload this year?

POD Knows
March 2nd, 2021, 08:34 PM
Did you guys reload this year?Well yea, no gun powder or anything was involved but yea. And I guess all your "going nowhere" cast remained in south Manitoba for the summer. So we have parity, good, should be fun.

ST_Lawson
March 4th, 2021, 08:11 AM
Hopefully five games this week, looking forward to a full slate.

Sat 2/27
UNI@YSU
USD@ISU
MSU@WIU
SDSU@UND
NDSU@SIU

Hey SUP...first off, I appreciate all you do with this. Just wanted to see if there's going to be a Pick'em thread for this weekend's games. The first MVFC game of the "weekend" is tonight (USD at UND) at 5 PM.

Preferred Walk-On
March 4th, 2021, 09:35 AM
Hey SUP...first off, I appreciate all you do with this. Just wanted to see if there's going to be a Pick'em thread for this weekend's games. The first MVFC game of the "weekend" is tonight (USD at UND) at 5 PM.

Just to let everyone know, PODKnows has started a thread for this week's pick 'em.

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?265626-MVFC-Spring-Week-5-Pick-em

SUPharmacist
March 4th, 2021, 01:59 PM
Sorry about being MIA

Updated Standings:

1. POD Knows 6-2
2. Bonarae 5-3
2. Daytripper 5-3
2. caribbeanhen 5-3
2. Bear 5-3
6. SDFS 4-4
6. OhioHen 4-4
6. TheKingpin28 4-4
9. Preferred Walk-on 3-2
9. Gil Dobie
9. ysubigred 3-2
12. Chalupa Batman 3-5
12. skinny_uncle 3-5
12. Paladin1aa 3-5
15. ST_lawson 2-6
15. Professor Chaos 2-6
15. Bisonator 2-6
15. Schism55 2-6
19. The Yo Show 1-2
19. NDSUKurt 1-2
21. DCWIU11 1-4
22. SUpharmacist 1-7

Paladin1aa
March 4th, 2021, 02:51 PM
I appreciate your effort, especially after seeing you are in last place in your own contest. Takes balls. :D

That’s dedication.

SUPharmacist
March 4th, 2021, 04:33 PM
I appreciate your effort, especially after seeing you are in last place in your own contest. Takes balls. :D

That’s dedication.

Rodney Ruxin clackers.