PDA

View Full Version : Covid Fooball Game Restrictions

McNeese72
February 24th, 2021, 09:49 AM
Here is a link to the Covid restrictions placed on the fans for the McNeese home game against UIW Saturday. Of course, we have other problems that were caused by the two hurricanes and not Covid. The 3 story pressbox was condemned and will eventually be replaced. They are hoping that the CC room will be open if the fire marshall approves it. If it isn't, I don't know what the hell they will do for a pressbox which means there won't be any radio broadcast.

https://mcneesesports.com/news/2021/2/23/football-gameday-what-fans-need-to-know.aspx

I was wondering what kind of restrictions the fans of other FCS schools are facing in the spring season.

Doc

McNeese72
February 24th, 2021, 09:54 AM
Here is email that us photographer types and other media personel got:

"Media parking will be where the East Tailgate Lot used to be... the lot in front of the practice fields. To get there you will need to take Touchdown Drive off of McNeese Street, as shown on the map.

There will not be a media entrance gate. Entrance will be through the Cowboy Club Room front door or through one of the two main entrances.

As of right now I'm told the CC Room will be ready so radio is a go. Will let everyone know if something changes but it could be as late as Friday at noon.

There will be no in-person postgame interviews. I'll send out a Zoom link by noon on Friday for postgame with Coach Wilson and 2-3 players. I'll also record the Zoom and send video out afterwards.

You will need a parking pass to get to Media Parking. I'll have those with me at WBB game tomorrow night. If you aren't able to make the WBB game and are planning on coming Saturday, let me know so I can make other arrangements for you to pick up.

Remember no media or photographers will be allowed on the field before, during or after the game."

Photographers are not allowed on the field except for one photographer and one video grapher who are tested 3 times a week for Covid along with the team. Everybody else will be able to take photos from the endzone hills and the first few rows of the stands on either side. Fans will not be allowed to sit in the first sevens rows on the home side and the first two rows on the visitor side.

It is going to be different that is for sure. One other thing, it is going to be a noon kickoff instead of the normal 6 pm because the hurricanes mangled, twisted, and blew down the metal standards that held the stadium lights.

Doc

ST_Lawson
February 24th, 2021, 11:51 AM
WIU is not allowing any outside fans into our home games. Attendance is limited to family members of the players and staff members. Tailgating is also not allowed.

More information: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2021/2/15/western-illinois-football-gameday-information.aspx

OhioHen
February 24th, 2021, 12:57 PM
Tailgating is also not allowed.

If there was no tailgate, did the game really happen?

McNeese72
February 24th, 2021, 01:27 PM
If there was no tailgate, did the game really happen?

It definitely puts a crimp in the style of the McNeese fans. No Friday night and all day Saturday tailgating before a 6pm game sucks. ;)

Doc

Puddin Tane
February 24th, 2021, 02:56 PM
LU is at 25% ish (I think). They have rearranged season ticket holders, spread everybody out. No idea where they moved me. The info, tix, communications, etc... have been piss poor

zero tix for ladies soccer and softball

noon kickoffs...I thought 3pm was bad!

Puddin Tane
February 24th, 2021, 03:05 PM
I was hoping to make this game. Well, I guess it will be darrells and Delta Downs.

Professor Chaos
February 24th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Similar restrictions at NDSU games: https://gobison.com/news/2021/2/1/game-day-procedures-set-for-ndsu-spring-football-season.aspx

50% capacity which is up to 9500 but there was only about 6500 at the first game last Sunday. No tailgating. :(

Hood
February 24th, 2021, 07:25 PM
Nicholls is only allowing 3,000 tickets to be sold. In years past this wouldn't be an issue. They're actually a lukewarm item with the recent success. I hesitate to say "hot item" because it's still South Louisiana and getting people to acknowledge any school other than the FBS one in Baton Rouge is still touch and go.

ncspiderfan
February 24th, 2021, 07:38 PM
Spiders player and coaches guest only for any spring athletic event. No visitors fans allowed.
No tailgates on campus.

WWII
February 25th, 2021, 09:46 AM
You are lucky, in Albany NY we get no fans at anything.

CenMEBlackBearFan
February 25th, 2021, 11:08 AM
At UMaine we just got cleared to host 3 games this week. Our hockey teams couldn't even have home games this winter.
Forget fans for the spring, hoping for tailgating and normalcy this fall.
Flosports are streaming CAA games luckily.

McNeese72
February 25th, 2021, 12:07 PM
At UMaine we just got cleared to host 3 games this week. Our hockey teams couldn't even have home games this winter.
Forget fans for the spring, hoping for tailgating and normalcy this fall.
Flosports are streaming CAA games luckily.

I hope the fall is closer to normal. I am really wanting to go take photos at the McNeese-LSU game. That 2015 game there wasn't very fulfilling, the whole 4 minutes of it.

Plus, I want to get some photos of Cody playing against his dad's team plus some photos of them together after the game.

Doc

ncspiderfan
February 25th, 2021, 05:01 PM
Spiders player and coaches guest only for any spring athletic event. No visitors fans allowed.
No tailgates on campus.

Seems they are now reviewing the policy.

RICHMOND, Va. – The University of Richmond athletics department and University administration is evaluating its attendance policies in response to the amended Executive Order 72 from the Governor's Office issued Wednesday.

The new mandate continues to cap attendance at indoor venues at 250 allows for the possible increase in the number of spectators at outdoor venues where safety protocols are in place. The Governor's order caps outdoor attendance at the lesser of 30% capacity or 1,000 fans allowing for adequate physical distancing in seating areas as well as during ingress and egress. The only outdoor sports facility the Executive Order potentially impacts on the University of Richmond campus is Robins Stadium.

The University is continuing to assess the Executive Order in the context of its prevailing campus health and safety protocols.

ncspiderfan
March 1st, 2021, 10:49 AM
Seems they are now reviewing the policy.

RICHMOND, Va. – The University of Richmond athletics department and University administration is evaluating its attendance policies in response to the amended Executive Order 72 from the Governor's Office issued Wednesday.

The new mandate continues to cap attendance at indoor venues at 250 allows for the possible increase in the number of spectators at outdoor venues where safety protocols are in place. The Governor's order caps outdoor attendance at the lesser of 30% capacity or 1,000 fans allowing for adequate physical distancing in seating areas as well as during ingress and egress. The only outdoor sports facility the Executive Order potentially impacts on the University of Richmond campus is Robins Stadium.

The University is continuing to assess the Executive Order in the context of its prevailing campus health and safety protocols.
Seems they changed it again. Now 1000 allowed.

In response to the amended Executive Order 72 from the Governor’s Office last week, the University of Richmond athletics department will permit up to 1,000 fans to attend Spider football and men’s and women’s lacrosse home games at Robins Stadium this spring.

kdinva
March 1st, 2021, 01:51 PM
1,000 at VMI home games going forward, I think VMI will allow up to 60 or 75 for the visitors, and Players parents, coaches wives, and top donors (and maybe 100-125 cadets) will get the rest.

Professor Chaos
May 6th, 2021, 10:00 AM
NDSU sent out their season ticket renewals this week with an attached flyer saying the plan is for 100% attendance and normal tailgating in the fall. Can only hope that sticks (since it would be really dumb to send out season ticket renewals without an announcement like this regarding attendance and tailgating).

acbearkat
May 6th, 2021, 10:41 AM
NDSU sent out their season ticket renewals this week with an attached flyer saying the plan is for 100% attendance and normal tailgating in the fall. Can only hope that sticks (since it would be really dumb to send out season ticket renewals without an announcement like this regarding attendance and tailgating).

I think every school is saying that. Alabama has stated their goal is to have 100% capacity in the fall, as well as other major schools such as Texas. Texas is finishing up the renovation of the south end zone at Royal-Memorial Stadium this summer, and it will be ready for the fall. The renovation started in 2019.

NY Crusader 2010
May 7th, 2021, 10:38 AM
I think every school is saying that. Alabama has stated their goal is to have 100% capacity in the fall, as well as other major schools such as Texas. Texas is finishing up the renovation of the south end zone at Royal-Memorial Stadium this summer, and it will be ready for the fall. The renovation started in 2019.

Good. Come fall it will be time to get back to normal. Those who won't yet feel comfortable being in a packed stadium can stay home.