PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Pick‘em Week ???

SUPharmacist
February 16th, 2021, 11:26 PM
I saw Daytripper’s post in the “ESPN NCAAF Week 3” thread and decided we could have something to do with a Valley pick’em (hopefully he will follow his suggestion and create a Southland thread despite the coming changes). But as VandalBasher highlighted I am unsure what week numbers to use, so let me know what I should do. On to the games.

Friday 2/19
SDSU@UNI

Saturday 2/20
SIU@UND
ISU@MSU (with Indiana State opting out I am forgoing the “r”)

Sunday 2/21
YSU@NDSU

SDFS
February 16th, 2021, 11:37 PM
I really don't know the teams that well. This is my best guess - really nervous about picking UND. SIU has a beast for a running back. He could make it a long day for the UND defense.

UNI
UND
MSU
NDSU

bonarae
February 17th, 2021, 02:09 AM
SDSU - with all those losses at UNI, may make for a long but exciting game.
UND - honestly what to do with the Salukis?
Illinois State - MSU still that bad?
NDSU in a doozy game

Daytripper
February 17th, 2021, 07:41 AM
SDSU
UND
MSU
YSU (It's 2021 and it was 8 degrees in SE Texas, so expect the unexpected)

POD Knows
February 17th, 2021, 07:42 AM
SDSU
UND
ISU
YSU

ST_Lawson
February 17th, 2021, 08:13 AM
UNI
SIU
ISU
NDSU

OhioHen
February 17th, 2021, 10:06 AM
SDSU
SIU
ISUr (it just doesn't feel right without the color designation)
NDSU

Rather than "week X" maybe you should just call it "weekend of 2/19-2/20" changing the date instead of an ill-defined week number.

Professor Chaos
February 17th, 2021, 10:37 AM
UNI
SIU
ISU
NDSU

Really looking forward to seeing the games this week with all the unknowns surrounding all the conference teams.

SDSU
UND
ISU
YSU
Not dusting off the #bookit karma yet??? Hopefully it hasn't lost its magic. :D

POD Knows
February 17th, 2021, 10:47 AM
UNI
SIU
ISU
NDSU

Really looking forward to seeing the games this week with all the unknowns surrounding all the conference teams.

Not dusting off the #bookit karma yet??? Hopefully it hasn't lost its magic. :D****, it doesn't work if I go back in and edit. I did this post on my phone. Well, not to worry, I finish at the bottom of most pick 'ems and other such events, but nice catch on this one. **** **** ****

caribbeanhen
February 17th, 2021, 11:12 AM
UNI

UND

ISU

NDSU

Chalupa Batman
February 17th, 2021, 01:42 PM
SDSU
SIU
ISUr
NDSU

The Yo Show
February 17th, 2021, 02:50 PM
Friday 2/19
SDSU@UNI

Saturday 2/20
SIU@UND
ISU@MSU (with Indiana State opting out I am forgoing the “r”)

Sunday 2/21
YSU@NDSU

ST_Lawson
February 17th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Just found out why this is "Week 3" of spring college football. A couple dozen DIII teams started up on February 6th, and some played last weekend (along with the FCS opener of McNeese and Tarleton State), so that's why you see it showing up as "Spring Week 3" on ESPN.

Redbird 4th & short
February 18th, 2021, 08:03 AM
ISUr can not lose this game to MoST ... but just as sure they won't cover !

xdrunkyx

TheKingpin28
February 18th, 2021, 08:37 AM
SDSU
SIU
ISUr (Feels weird without the r)
NDSU

BEAR
February 18th, 2021, 03:15 PM
SDSU
UND
ISU
YSU

SUPharmacist
February 19th, 2021, 07:03 AM
SDSU@UNI
SIU@UND
YSU@NDSU

Hopefully we do not see a bunch of other postponed games through the spring season.

Bisonator
February 19th, 2021, 07:38 AM
UNI
SIU
ISU
NDSU

skinny_uncle
February 19th, 2021, 08:30 AM
SDSU
SIU
Ill State
NDSU

NDSUKurt
February 19th, 2021, 09:14 AM
UNI
SIU
Ill State
NDSU

Schism55
February 19th, 2021, 03:09 PM
UNI
SIU
NDSU

Paladin1aa
February 19th, 2021, 06:50 PM
UNI - close game, but the Dome has an edge
SIU - Dogs in another close one
ISUr - if game was played now
NDSU - no one is going to believe how bad the Guins are until you see for yourself. Blowout.

POD Knows
February 19th, 2021, 08:38 PM
SDSU is bitch slapping Transfer U - 17 - 7 at half but the game isn't that close

ysubigred
February 21st, 2021, 10:06 AM
UND maybe the premier team in the MVFC.

SDSU tried real hard to lose to transfer U PUNI.. that SDSU freshman QB looks special.

YSU has a snow ball chance in hell to beat the Golden Buffalo. This spring ball for YSU is an experiment for the young uns to grow and see exactly how empty the cupboard is.

IPTV is a great thing.. Watching all these games live is cool.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
February 21st, 2021, 01:34 PM
North Dakota is my closet team....

ysubigred
February 21st, 2021, 03:07 PM
8-0 NDSU after 1.

At least it's not 100 to 0

https://media0.giphy.com/media/JltOMwYmi0VrO/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd70humvbpfcpnhf0gtl5w2edct7vld 4sczkn9gtrb5&rid=giphy.gif

POD Knows
February 21st, 2021, 03:12 PM
8-0 NDSU after 1.

At least it's not 100 to 0

https://media0.giphy.com/media/JltOMwYmi0VrO/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd70humvbpfcpnhf0gtl5w2edct7vld 4sczkn9gtrb5&rid=giphy.gif

NDSU can’t score a hundo. You are lucky out RB tripped over his own feet on that screen pass. There was nothing but daylight in front of him.

ysubigred
February 21st, 2021, 03:27 PM
NDSU can’t score a hundo. You are lucky out RB tripped over his own feet on that screen pass. There was nothing but daylight in front of him.You're lucky YSU don't dress the band. Bigger than the football players.

The YSU offense is offensive.

POD Knows
February 21st, 2021, 03:44 PM
Putrid offensive performance by NDSU. Thank God YSU has chosen not to play offense at all so far

ysubigred
February 21st, 2021, 03:56 PM
Putrid offensive performance by NDSU. Thank God YSU has chosen not to play offense at all so farTo YSU's credit the defense is trying. Maybe the coaches made a deal before the game started? Let's make this the most boring game ever [emoji42]

POD Knows
February 21st, 2021, 03:59 PM
To YSU's credit the defense is trying. Maybe the coaches made a deal before the game started? Let's make this the most boring game ever [emoji42]

Yea. They played well against the run.

ysubigred
February 21st, 2021, 04:52 PM
Yea. They played well against the run.Well considering the size mismatch I'd say ok. Your O line is a machine.

POD Knows
February 21st, 2021, 04:55 PM
Well considering the size mismatch I'd say ok. Your O line is a machine.

Teach they looked like a Model T on that third down play. **** **** ****.

ysubigred
February 21st, 2021, 05:02 PM
Teach they looked like a Model T on that third down play. **** **** ****.How much did the refs cost you all? QB sack with a face mask twist lol..

POD Knows
February 21st, 2021, 05:10 PM
How much did the refs cost you all? QB sack with a face mask twist lol..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalkthe refs pay is for the privilege of reffing one of our games.

ysubigred
February 21st, 2021, 05:20 PM
the refs pay is for the privilege of reffing one of our games.Uggggh... YSU's RB's have the leg strength of 3rd grade girls and take hand offs with their eyes shut, run into their own ****ing blockers before the defense gets to them.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/8vUEXZA2me7vnuUvrs/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7jzn6qnzq9nlssoqd9q05zgli6qby pnvawx8wr3xg&rid=giphy.gif

ysubigred
February 21st, 2021, 05:31 PM
25-7 golden Buffalo's. The only surprise was it wasn't worse.

Considering YSU was in shambles and has no expectations this year I think they did well playing the best team in the country in the dome. Looks like YSU plays with more heart and wants to be on the field unlike the last couple of years.

Grade B- ****ing QB's and running backs are a **** show. #7 might work.

Paladin1aa
February 21st, 2021, 05:50 PM
Sorry, Red, it was all a chit show. Even NDSU didn’t look very good . YSU is awful.

ysubigred
February 21st, 2021, 06:02 PM
Sorry, Red, it was all a chit show. Even NDSU didn’t look very good . YSU is awful.We'll see. Looked better than the last time we played them and at home in my opinion.

Next up UNI. Even in the guins glory days these guys give us fits.

BeamMeUp
February 21st, 2021, 06:39 PM
Thoughts...
-Expected NDSU to throttle YSU... did not happen. NDSU is very good defensively, but I think their biggest issue will be the QB. Over the years you guys have had some stout QB’s that could win you those games late in those rare occasions you were in tight contests... Time will tell, but not sure this one has that swagger to be that guy down the stretch. Don’t worry, you guys will be just fine, but I think if there was an obvious weakness, it was the QB play.

-YSU played fairly well on defense. Gave up one big run play up the middle and the other run play on the reverse, but other than that I thought they played well. Biggest thing for me is they never quit and never seemed to let their emotions get the best of them like they did under Bo. Remember that debacle against SDSU 😉

-YSU offense has a LOT of work ahead of it. I mean overall the very very inexperienced OL protected the QB decent enough once we found out you were allowed a forward pass in the 2nd Qtr. Not sure they will be able to run on many teams in our league, but hope they use the spring to build up some experience on OL. Would prefer Waid to start next week, but UNI’s defense is notoriously outstanding. Doesn’t get much easier. Clearly the weakest part of this team and hopefully we see improvement each week.

With such dismal expectations for this season, as a YSU fan I can’t really complain too much other than the horrid play selections in the 1st Qtr.

Paladin1aa
February 21st, 2021, 07:12 PM
I agree for the most part, Beam. NDSU will be alright on D but they have no QB. YSU personnel overall is too young, too weak and have serious QB problems. I agree they gave an effort, but I wouldn’t be handing out a champ trophy to NDSU just yet. They are not the world beaters they used to be.

YSU has a poor OL, little RB threats, ineffective QBs and poor play calling . The D looks ok but if they have to be on the field most of the game, they will fade away. Good assessment, Beam.

SUPharmacist
February 24th, 2021, 10:41 PM
Standings:

1. Bonarae 3-0
2. SDFS 2-1
2. Daytripper 2-1
2. POD Knows 2-1
2. OhioHen 2-1
2. caribbeanhen 2-1
2. Chalupa Batman 2-1
2. TheKingpin28 2-1
2. Bear 2-1