PDA

View Full Version : Opening Night (Thursday) Predictions

WCU LawCat
August 21st, 2005, 09:59 PM
These are some of the better matchups from opening night (Tursday Sept. 1st). My predicted winners in bold.

NW St at UL Monroe
UMass at Richmond (not sure, has been tough for UMass in the past)
Furman at Jacksonville St.
William and Mary at Marshall (would like to see the tribe pull it out)
WIU at Toledo
SIU at SE Missouri
Drake at N. Iowa

Cocky
August 21st, 2005, 10:06 PM
NW St
Richmond
JSU
W&M
WIU
SEMO
Drake

mainejeff
August 21st, 2005, 11:05 PM
Northwestern State
UMass
Furman
Marshall
Toledo
SEMO
N. Iowa

golionsgo
August 21st, 2005, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't say it's one of the best matchups but we play Jacksonville University that night too.

laparka316
August 21st, 2005, 11:14 PM
NW St
Richmond
JSU
W&M
WIU
SEMO
Drake

You sir, are a very smart man

Chi Panther
August 21st, 2005, 11:56 PM
I will be attending the Drake at UNI game....CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Drake's Oline will hurt Drake.....

bkrownd
August 22nd, 2005, 12:37 AM
UMass at Richmond (not sure, has been tough for UMass in the past)

I hope WMUA is ready for the season to start. Their internet streams have had a lot of technical (and licensing) difficulties in the last few years. Will there be a Richmond internet audio stream, just in case?

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 06:22 AM
NW St.
Umass
Furman
W&M
Toledo
SEMO
Drake

JaxSinfonian
August 22nd, 2005, 07:14 AM
Not that I'm not pulling for our conference mates, but in 2004 ...

SIU - 10-2
SEMO 3-8
Sept. 2, SIU 42, SEMO 3.

Can some of you share your logic in predicting a SEMO victory?

OL FU
August 22nd, 2005, 07:22 AM
NW ST
UMass
W&M
Toledo
SIU
UNI

and, of course, FURMAN.

Tribe4SF
August 22nd, 2005, 07:22 AM
Great to see the Tribe getting a little love.

Also missing is Bacone at Sam Houston State.

I'm also curious about the SE Mo. picks. With a poll coming up next week, is there something I don't know?

JaxSinfonian
August 22nd, 2005, 07:36 AM
After a little thinkin' ...

NW State
UMass
Jax State (and no, there's no logic, just faith)
W&M
Toledo
SIU
UNI

DTSpider
August 22nd, 2005, 07:59 AM
I hope WMUA is ready for the season to start. Their internet streams have had a lot of technical (and licensing) difficulties in the last few years. Will there be a Richmond internet audio stream, just in case?
Yes, Richmond broadcasts every game through the athletic website, www.richmondspiders.com. On occasion there also is a gametracker but not sure if that'll be there for the UMass game.

89Hen
August 22nd, 2005, 09:11 AM
And Drake while they're at it. Best I can tell, they're 0-5 vs the Gateway since leaving the OVC in 1985 (which coincidentally is the last time they played UNI (Drake beat them 24-9)).

ChickenMan
August 22nd, 2005, 09:20 AM
Upset special... Richmond over UMass

Cocky
August 22nd, 2005, 09:53 AM
Not that I'm not pulling for our conference mates, but in 2004 ...

SIU - 10-2
SEMO 3-8
Sept. 2, SIU 42, SEMO 3.

"And Drake while they're at it. Best I can tell, they're 0-5 vs the Gateway since leaving the OVC in 1985 (which coincidentally is the last time they played UNI (Drake beat them 24-9))."

I picked all the underdogs. Not sure about NW State but I went with the I-AA.

SpiritCymbal
August 22nd, 2005, 09:56 AM
Northwestern State
UMass
Furman
Marshall
Toledo
Southern Illinois
Northern Iowa

blackfordpu
August 22nd, 2005, 10:02 AM
Great to see the Tribe getting a little love.

Also missing is Bacone at Sam Houston State.

I'm also curious about the SE Mo. picks. With a poll coming up next week, is there something I don't know?

Yes, that matchup is missing but should not be one of the best. The Kats should win that one pretty easily.

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 11:42 AM
Upset special... Richmond over UMass

Sure why not. Typical response from a Delaware fan. :rolleyes:

JaxSinfonian
August 22nd, 2005, 12:05 PM
And Drake while they're at it. Best I can tell, they're 0-5 vs the Gateway since leaving the OVC in 1985 (which coincidentally is the last time they played UNI (Drake beat them 24-9)).

Wait a sec ... help me sort this out.

Who left the OVC in 1985? Not Drake. Perhaps you mean the MVC?

kats89
August 22nd, 2005, 12:14 PM
Yes, that matchup is missing but should not be one of the best. The Kats should win that one pretty easily.

I don't even want this game mentioned. :bang:

ChickenMan
August 22nd, 2005, 12:21 PM

I just calls them as I sees them... :D

89Hen
August 22nd, 2005, 12:54 PM
Perhaps you mean the MVC?
Yes, my mistake, the MVC.

89Hen
August 22nd, 2005, 12:56 PM
I'll back CM on that one. What does the fact that he's a UD fan have to do with the fact that Richmond beat UMass last year? :confused:

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 01:30 PM
I'll back CM on that one. What does the fact that he's a UD fan have to do with the fact that Richmond beat UMass last year? :confused:

So because Richmond beat us last that means they will automatically beat us again this year? :confused: If thats the case, UD will be losing to UNH, James Madison, and W&M again this year. :rolleyes: As for my UD comment, it doesn't matter who we play you guys from UD would have us losing.

ChickenMan
August 22nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
As for my UD comment, it doesn't matter who we play you guys from UD would have us losing.

Please... don't flatter yourself... we love to hate Nova not UMass... after all... to develope a serious rivalry... your opponent has to win more than 15% of the time... :p

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 01:41 PM
Please... don't flatter yourself... we love to hate Nova not UMass... after all... to develope a serious rivalry... your opponent has to win more than 15% of the time... :p

I never said their was a rivalry between Umass and UD. :rolleyes:

DTSpider
August 22nd, 2005, 01:49 PM
So because Richmond beat us last that means they will automatically beat us again this year?

Going back just the last 5 years (when Richmond has had some pretty bad teams) the Spiders hold the edge 3-2 (see below). I personally think that UMass is going to win big (just a gut feeling) but I can understand why some people see this as a potential upset. If we have another 100 degree day it'll probably help as well, but I don't like that we'll probably be starting a freshman QB.

2004 - Richmond
2003 - UMass
2002 - UMass
2001 - Richmond
2000 - Richmond

ChickenMan
August 22nd, 2005, 01:52 PM
Freshman QB... what happened to Stacy Tutt?

89Hen
August 22nd, 2005, 01:56 PM
So because Richmond beat us last that means they will automatically beat us again this year? :confused:
Who said it did? But to deny that there's a VERY good chance it could happen is ridiculous, as is accusing CM of making his prediction based on his loyalty. :nod:

sibiur
August 22nd, 2005, 02:23 PM
and against the grain: ULM over Northwest La. Yes, NSULA is one of the best 1-AA programs and yes, ULM is one of the lower-tier 1-A programs but NSULA's kicking game is suspect. In a close game that could make the difference.

GoGuins
August 22nd, 2005, 02:26 PM
YSU should squeak by Slippery Rock :p

DTSpider
August 22nd, 2005, 02:48 PM
Freshman QB... what happened to Stacy Tutt?
As described by Clawson last year, Tutt was probably our best QB, RB & WR. He's just a great athlete, which isn't much of a surprise to those in the A10. David Freeman moved from Safety and had a pretty good year at RB so he's set there. Our WRs aren't very good in that none of them have big play potential. Clawson feels that if one of the 2 freshmen QBs can play good enough to get Tutt out to WR than we're a better team. At this point that remains to be seen but all indications is that Tutt will play WR a majority of the time.

umassfan
August 22nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
As described by Clawson last year, Tutt was probably our best QB, RB & WR. He's just a great athlete, which isn't much of a surprise to those in the A10. David Freeman moved from Safety and had a pretty good year at RB so he's set there. Our WRs aren't very good in that none of them have big play potential. Clawson feels that if one of the 2 freshmen QBs can play good enough to get Tutt out to WR than we're a better team. At this point that remains to be seen but all indications is that Tutt will play WR a majority of the time.

Which is good for UMass because we have the best secondary in the A10 and prob even I-AA so if he plays WR we can control him more then if hes at QB.

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 03:35 PM

Man I wouldn't do that, I would leave Tutt at QB. I would want his hands on the ball on every play he makes good things happen.

blackfordpu
August 22nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
I don't even want this game mentioned. :bang:

Whats wrong Kats? Why not mention it? I heard that this team is no push over and should not be looked past. Though the Kats should win easily.

DTSpider
August 22nd, 2005, 03:57 PM
Man I wouldn't do that, I would leave Tutt at QB. I would want his hands on the ball on every play he makes good things happen.
With the notable exception of the 17 picks he threw last year. While UMass wasn't able to stop him by the end of the year teams just put one or two linebackers on spy duty. Seriously, our receivers are not very good at all and could not get open. The offense really stalled when teams took away Tutt's scrambling room.

Now if at WR all you have to do is run either a quick in or out and he'll get the ball matched up against a DB. I like his odds of breaking at least one big play a game.

Also, I think that in comparison our freshman QBs are significantly better than the WR who Tutt would bump down the depth chart. It's about putting more players with higher ability on the field.

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 04:03 PM
Going back just the last 5 years (when Richmond has had some pretty bad teams) the Spiders hold the edge 3-2.

Theirs no question in the A10 any team can beat anyone on any given day, I just don't think Richmond will beat Umass this year. But the good people from UD think otherwise, and that's fine that's there opinion. But it doesn't matter to the UD Fans who we play, if you were to ask who would win between Albany or Umass, trust me 99% of the UD fans would pick Albany. And if Umass were to play a local High School team, trust me 99% of the UD fans would pick the High School team to win. CM I know their is no rivalry between UD and Umass, never has been and never will be, our rivalry was with Uconn but there gone. But yours and other UD fans hatred towards Umass is pretty obvious, as to why? Because I don't know.

89Hen
August 22nd, 2005, 04:13 PM
But it doesn't matter to the UD Fans who we play, if you were to ask who would win between Albany or Umass, trust me 99% of the UD fans would pick Albany. And if Umass were to play a local High School team, trust me 99% of the UD fans would pick the High School team to win.
Think what you want saint, it doesn't make it true. 99% of UD fans here are pretty darn objective. I don't think the same can be said of UMass fans.

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 04:17 PM
With the notable exception of the 17 picks he threw last year. While UMass wasn't able to stop him by the end of the year teams just put one or two linebackers on spy duty. Seriously, our receivers are not very good at all and could not get open. The offense really stalled when teams took away Tutt's scrambling room.

Now if at WR all you have to do is run either a quick in or out and he'll get the ball matched up against a DB. I like his odds of breaking at least one big play a game.

Also, I think that in comparison our freshman QBs are significantly better than the WR who Tutt would bump down the depth chart. It's about putting more players with higher ability on the field.

If it were me I would leave Tutt at QB, but, if your WR's are that bad I guess moving him to WR might not be a bad idea. But now you put a freshman at QB, he's going to make more than his fair share of mistakes, and he's going to take his fair share of lumps. But who knows this kid could turn out to be another Ricky Santos.

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 04:25 PM
I don't think the same can be said of UMass fans.

Well, I guess you can think what you want, but I think I'm very objective. For the past two years I've been on this board and the post you have seen from me You don't think I've been objective at all? Wow, I'm a little shocked.

Cap'n Cat
August 22nd, 2005, 04:28 PM
NW St.
Umass
Furman
W&M
Toledo
SEMO
Drake

Drake? Are you guys stoned?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

NW St at UL Monroe
UMass at Richmond
William and Mary at Marshall
WIU at Toledo
SIU at SEMO Cap'n Cat's Upset Special.
Drake at N. Iowa

:D :D :D

89Hen
August 22nd, 2005, 04:28 PM
Didn't say you. However, if you took a poll of which team had more homer fans here, I'm fairly certain that UMass would win.

umassfan
August 22nd, 2005, 04:29 PM

:confused: :confused: :confused:

NW St at UL Monroe
UMass at Richmond
William and Mary at Marshall
WIU at Toledo
SIU at SEMO Cap'n Cat's Upset Special.
Drake at N. Iowa

:D :D :D

Man I tell you... No respect... just cant get no respect.

saint0917

Yes, You wanna hit. :D

89Hen
UMass at Richmond
Typical UNI fan always picking against UMass. How dare anyone think they could lose to Richmond two years in a row. :p

DTSpider
If it were me I would leave Tutt at QB, but, if your WR's are that bad I guess moving him to WR might not be a bad idea. But now you put a freshman at QB, he's going to make more than his fair share of mistakes, and he's going to take his fair share of lumps. But who knows this kid could turn out to be another Ricky Santos.

Here's hoping that we have a Santos hiding on our roster. I think that the decision may also be long term in getting the freshman playing time so that he's an experienced sophomore next year. I agree week one could be really tough, but by the middle of the year the mistakes should be down.

Now, if the offensive line doesn't improve that you very well may see Tutt back at QB. Last year our best play was when the other team blitzes and play broke down so Tutt took off.

DTSpider
August 22nd, 2005, 04:33 PM
Saint & '74 definitely have to climb uphill with UMassfan's blantant homerisms around here (although it has improved some). I'm a little familar with the anticts of UofRFan on the CAAZone.

Bottomline, if you want to be respected, don't end your user name in "Fan".

'89 did make a great post, makes up for the earlier miscue.

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 04:38 PM
Didn't say you. However, if you took a poll of which team had more homer fans here, I'm fairly certain that UMass would win.

The only "Homer" I can think of is Umassfan. :D I don't think of myself or Umass74 as a homer, O.K. sometimes I can be a homer but not all the time :D , I'm not sure of what other Umass fans on this board you would classify as "Homers". 89 why don't you do A poll to see what Umass fan is the biggest homer, I think we know who that wil be. :p

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 04:47 PM
Typical UNI fan always picking against UMass. How dare anyone think they could lose to Richmond two years in a row. :p

Ya cat man how dare you :mad: Didn't you know in 2002 we beat Richmond bad, of course the year before that Richmond beat our a$$ bad in Amherst, but that's beside the point, we are talking about this year darn it.

Umass74
August 22nd, 2005, 04:47 PM
Here's hoping that we have a Santos hiding on our roster. I think that the decision may also be long term in getting the freshman playing time so that he's an experienced sophomore next year. I agree week one could be really tough, but by the middle of the year the mistakes should be down.

Now, if the offensive line doesn't improve that you very well may see Tutt back at QB. Last year our best play was when the other team blitzes and play broke down so Tutt took off

Tutt kicked our butts last year.

He was 12-31-1-132 and 2TDs passing then he ran for 18-117 1TD. He looked like a Michael Vick clone.

His Hail Mary TD with 0:00 left in the first half is what did us in.

We were whiffing on tackles all day. Hopefully, we will do better this year :o

umassfan
August 22nd, 2005, 04:50 PM
Saint & '74 definitely have to climb uphill with UMassfan's blantant homerisms around here (although it has improved some). I'm a little familar with the anticts of UofRFan on the CAAZone.

Bottomline, if you want to be respected, don't end your user name in "Fan".

'89 did make a great post, makes up for the earlier miscue.

Please tell me what fan here isnt a homer? isnt that the point of coming to a message board? to talk about your team?

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 04:50 PM

Now, if the offensive line doesn't improve that you very well may see Tutt back at QB. Last year our best play was when the other team blitzes and play broke down so Tutt took off.

Who is the Freshman that will take Tutts place?, or do they not know who will be starting yet.

saint0917
August 22nd, 2005, 04:53 PM
Please tell me what fan here isnt a homer? isnt that the point of coming to a message board? to talk about your team?

I think it's safe to say we all have a little homer in us. :nod:

89Hen
August 22nd, 2005, 05:32 PM
Ahhh, now we are starting to see the problem. umassfan thinks you have to be a homer to talk about your team. Would one of you other UMass posters please take the young lad under your wing and edumacate him on how it's possible to talk about your team without being a homer. :p

BTW, in case anyone missed it, did you see where umassfan said today that UMass has the best secondary in all of I-AA? ;)

ChickenMan
August 22nd, 2005, 05:35 PM

No Tutt at QB... no upset for Richmond.

ChickenMan
August 22nd, 2005, 05:41 PM
CM I know their is no rivalry between UD and Umass, never has been and never will be, our rivalry was with Uconn but there gone. But yours and other UD fans hatred towards Umass is pretty obvious.

Hate UMass??? UD fans love them on the Hen's schedule. As I stated earlier... the only team a real UD fan 'hates'... ;)... is Villanova.

PS... I'd only give Albany St a 50/50 chance of whipping the Minutemen... :D

umassfan
August 22nd, 2005, 06:07 PM
Ahhh, now we are starting to see the problem. umassfan thinks you have to be a homer to talk about your team. Would one of you other UMass posters please take the young lad under your wing and edumacate him on how it's possible to talk about your team without being a homer. :p

BTW, in case anyone missed it, did you see where umassfan said today that UMass has the best secondary in all of I-AA? ;)

Well we have A10 D player of the year, Shannon James; A10 3rd team, Tracy Belton; 2004 preseason 1st team, Steve Costello; and either James Ihedigbo or Brandon Smith at SS. Ihedigbo has started the past two seasons but Smith looks like he might be stealing the job from him this season. Smith is a true JR with alot of size and speed.

laparka316
August 22nd, 2005, 06:33 PM
I will be attending the Drake at UNI game....CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Drake's Oline will hurt Drake.....

If Drake's new O-line can give Jostes a pocket, we have a punchers chance, our defense is pretty good...

If this game were played last year it would be really close... but the new O-line may cause this to be one sided. My head says 28-13 UNI... my heart hopes for a DU victory....

DTSpider
August 22nd, 2005, 07:35 PM
Who is the Freshman that will take Tutts place?, or do they not know who will be starting yet.
At this point it hasn't been decided. Levi Brown is a true freshman who graduated HS early and enrolled at UR in January. He is the more "ideal QB" is that he's big and has a strong arm. Will Healy is a redshirt freshman who is a little undersized but apparently is more accurate and gets the playboook. In scrimmages they have been alternating series and split time evenly in practice.

DTSpider
August 22nd, 2005, 07:41 PM
I
'm not saying that I'm the ideal poster but I like to think that I have a fairly objective view about UR athletics. While every drop of blood in my body wants the spiders to win, you'll see that the football sense in me says it ain't always so. You'll even see that I picked UMass to win the first game.

I've found these boards to be a great place to find out more about other teams and their fans. I also like to see what people think about Richmond's program. Now, to just talk about the spiders I'll go to our message board, www.spiderfans.com, where the conversations are definitely more onesided.

If any UMass guys are coming down to the Richmond game let me know. I think that I'll miss tailgate for work (only downside to Thursday games) but I can still let you know where stuff is if you haven't been before.

Spider
August 22nd, 2005, 09:16 PM
No Tutt at QB... no upset for Richmond.
You'll see Tutt at both QB and WR in this one. I think he will start at QB until we get a feel for the UMass 'd' and our 'O' line and then you may see him play some WR as the game situation dictates. Thanks to the UD fans for your support. I live in Wilmington and see alot of the blue hens....

saint0917
August 23rd, 2005, 06:14 AM

Umass does have the best secondary in the A10, and if they are not the best in all of I-AA there in the Top 3. Who does have the best 89? Maybe Mr.C could help us out as to who are some of the Top secondarys in I-AA.

saint0917
August 23rd, 2005, 06:38 AM
PS... I'd only give Albany St a 50/50 chance of whipping the Minutemen... :D

:p :p :p :p :p :p Wise Guy

eagleskins
August 23rd, 2005, 06:15 PM
Umass does have the best secondary in the A10, and if they are not the best in all of I-AA there in the Top 3. Who does have the best 89? Maybe Mr.C could help us out as to who are some of the Top secondarys in I-AA.

GSU. All 4 starters are either 1st or 2nd team All Socon. AJ Bryant is first team All American.

umassfan
August 23rd, 2005, 06:49 PM
GSU. All 4 starters are either 1st or 2nd team All Socon. AJ Bryant is first team All American.

Do they pass in the SOCON?

Hoo-ah
August 23rd, 2005, 06:58 PM
I
'm not saying that I'm the ideal poster but I like to think that I have a fairly objective view about UR athletics. While every drop of blood in my body wants the spiders to win, you'll see that the football sense in me says it ain't always so. You'll even see that I picked UMass to win the first game.

I've found these boards to be a great place to find out more about other teams and their fans. I also like to see what people think about Richmond's program. Now, to just talk about the spiders I'll go to our message board, www.spiderfans.com, where the conversations are definitely more onesided.

If any UMass guys are coming down to the Richmond game let me know. I think that I'll miss tailgate for work (only downside to Thursday games) but I can still let you know where stuff is if you haven't been before.

I'll be making the quick drive down for the game; hopefully the traffic on 95 won't be that bad.

I'm definitely not a "homer" when it comes to Umass football...but with the Red Sox, well that's another story.

saint0917
August 23rd, 2005, 07:02 PM

I think we still have you beat.

Shannon James is a first team All-American, First team All A10. Sports Network ranks James the No.1 Safety in the Country. A10 Defensive Player of the year. Tied for second nationally in INTs, First in the A10.

I-AA has AJ Bryant on the Second Team, Sports Network ranks Bryant 5th best Safety in the Country.

Tracy Belton, Second Team All A10 last year. 4th in the A10 for INts, 17th in the country.

Steve Costello, Was a Preseason All-American candidate and a Preseason Second team All A10.

Brandon Smith and James Ihedigbo will fight for playing time, but either one is a Gem.

GreatAppSt
August 23rd, 2005, 07:34 PM
I'm going out on a limb here, but I'll predict 50% of them will lose on Thursday. :D Teasers are nice but the real season starts Saturday. ;)

ngineer
August 23rd, 2005, 08:15 PM
I'll be making the quick drive down for the game; hopefully the traffic on 95 won't be that bad.

I'm definitely not a "homer" when it comes to Umass football...but with the Red Sox, well that's another story.

You might want to consider an alternate route depending on where your leaving from Massachusetts. 95 can be a real bear through Philly, Wilmington, Balt and especially DC, depending on the timing.
When I took my son to Florida last week, I paralleled 95 on I-81 then swung over on I-66 to US 17 to Fredricksburg to Richmond, although you can also go I-81 to I-64 which takes you straight into Richmond. Perhaps some of the Virginians can help out on the better alternative, but I-95 for that stretch can be brutal with major delays with the cnstruction and the inevitable accident. Good Luck.

MR. CHICKEN
August 23rd, 2005, 08:31 PM
USIN' DUH SALAMI'S CONCRETE BLOCK (CRYSTAL BALL):

UMA$$.........................ENJOY MINUTEMEN...YA'LL'S 60 SEC'S. IN DA SUN!
FURMAN.......................YOU'RE GOIN' DOWN..COCKY!
MARSHALL....................SORRY TRIBE.....DUH HERD IS DUH WORD!
TOLEDO.......................HOLY TOLEDO!!.....BEST WESTERN!
UL-MONROE..................STICK UH PITCHFORK IN DUH DEMONS!
N. IOWA......................JES' CUPCAKES DERE DRAKE!
S.ILLINOIS...................SALUKIS PEE ON S.E. MO'S FIRE HYDRANT!

:nod::rotateh::nod:.......BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

Hoo-ah
August 23rd, 2005, 08:37 PM
You might want to consider an alternate route depending on where your leaving from Massachusetts. 95 can be a real bear through Philly, Wilmington, Balt and especially DC, depending on the timing.
When I took my son to Florida last week, I paralleled 95 on I-81 then swung over on I-66 to US 17 to Fredricksburg to Richmond, although you can also go I-81 to I-64 which takes you straight into Richmond. Perhaps some of the Virginians can help out on the better alternative, but I-95 for that stretch can be brutal with major delays with the cnstruction and the inevitable accident. Good Luck.

Thanks for the help :) :) but I live near Quantico, Virginia, not in old-Mass anymore. I totally agree with you about the traffic; I will leave early to beat the rush South on 95. Your directions are excellent though; I have used that way many times.

Thanks again, I have always had the up-most respect for Lehigh football after sitting thru the cold, but exciting play-off game in 1977!

DUPFLFan
August 23rd, 2005, 08:47 PM
If Drake's new O-line can give Jostes a pocket, we have a punchers chance, our defense is pretty good...

Remember, two members of this "new" line have starting experience. Pammer was a starter last year from game two on. McVey started in place of Mark Wilke two years ago when Mark was injured.

They will have to come together quick but stranger things have happened.... ;)

HensRock
August 23rd, 2005, 08:49 PM
Which teams will win? Hmmmm, here's a chance to prove your prognostication abilities.... GoHens.net I-AA Top 25 Football Pool (http://www.gohens.net/i-aapool)

EIU
August 23rd, 2005, 09:23 PM
you guys forgot one...

EIU over Indiana State

JaxSinfonian
August 23rd, 2005, 09:46 PM
you guys forgot one...

EIU over Indiana State

Indeed. Five of the nine OVC teams open on Thursday night, I believe. Let's hope all our teams give our opponents hell and win back a little respect for the league.

MR. CHICKEN
August 24th, 2005, 07:52 AM
you guys forgot one...

EIU over Indiana State

JES' ONE?

TOWSON vs MORGAN STATE
WESTERN CAROLINA vs MARS HILL
WESTERN KENTUCKY vs WEST VIRGINIA TECH
SAMFORD vs ED.WATERS
TENN-MARTIN vs CENTRAL ARKANSAS
S.F. AUSTIN vs HENDERSON STATE
IDAHO STATE vs SOUTHERN UTAH
NORTHERN ARIZONA vs ADAMS STATE
NORTH DAKOTA STATE vs ARKANSAS-MONTICELLO

ASSUMIN' MAH COPY O' DUH SCHEDULE...IS AT LEAST PARTLY RIGHT!

BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!.......................:nod: