WestCoastAggie
February 8th, 2021, 11:00 AM
👀

HootyHoo
February 8th, 2021, 11:05 AM
#7 is acceptable. Hooty approves.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
February 8th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Not a PL team to be found, not surprised! HC will be "good" by PL standards but likely won't be a factor nationally.

That's a stout Top 10 overall. Lots of good names in that group....

caribbeanhen
February 8th, 2021, 11:50 AM
Caribbean jerk chicken says these guys are throwing some serious knuckleball darts

walliver
February 8th, 2021, 03:12 PM
Without many inter-conference games, Top 25 ratings will be less useful than usual.

BEAR
February 8th, 2021, 03:50 PM
I don't know what's more useless: The Fall top 25, the Spring top 25, or NDSU without Trey Lance. xeyebrowx xlolx

FU_Paladin08
February 8th, 2021, 08:11 PM
Better to be on the inside than outside looking in. Been a while since 4 SoCon teams saw the top 25. Can’t wait to see if that holds up.

Daytripper
February 8th, 2021, 08:20 PM
We're in there.

OhioHen
February 9th, 2021, 07:06 AM
Caribbean jerk chicken says these guys are throwing some serious knuckleball darts

Like the Hens at 13?

- - - Updated - - -

Without many inter-conference games, Top 25 ratings will be more biased than usual.

FYP

caribbeanhen
February 9th, 2021, 07:48 AM
Like the Hens at 13?

- - - Updated - - -

FYP

That sure got my attention.

I’m not sure what the Hens have done to deserve that ranking besides watching 33 teams decide not to play

Does Hero know Will left town under the cover of Knight?

Will Knight provided some mojo

ST_Lawson
February 9th, 2021, 08:31 AM
Better to be on the inside than outside looking in.

We're so far out that I need binoculars just to see the teams that are "outside looking in".

Daytripper
February 9th, 2021, 09:25 AM
We play 2 top 25 teams in the first three games. That should tell us what we have.

lionsrking2
February 9th, 2021, 10:29 AM
We play 2 top 25 teams in the first three games. That should tell us what we have.

We bookend the regular season with 10 and 8. Gonna be a fun six game sprint for all of us.

nodak651
February 9th, 2021, 11:37 AM
I think with wins vs Sam Houston and Montana State last year, and nearly beating Weber at Weber, and with what we have coming back, UND deserved to be ranked, at least over Sam Houston. Same Houston was ranked ahead of UND last year and the year before also, and we beat them both years. Last year we beat them with our third string backup true freshman QB, who will be the starter this year. If UND could play with top 5 teams last year (MSU/Weber), I guess I just don't understand why UND is being completely disregarded, especially when so many teams ranked ahead of us have had loads of departures. UND has only lost one guy to opt out/transfer, and he wasn't playing much.

Really looking forward to the first game vs Southern Illinois, as that game should tell us a lot, as both teams were on the playoff bubble last year. I don't think its wrong, but what is the justification for Southern Illinois number 16 ranking? They returning pretty much everyone or did they get some big time transfers?

caribbeanhen
February 9th, 2021, 04:14 PM
Preseason Top 251. North Dakota State
2. South Dakota State
3. Weber State
4. James Madison
5. Villanova
6. Northern Iowa
7. Kennesaw State
8. Furman
9. Illinois State
10. North Carolina A&T
11. Austin Peay
12. Albany
13. Delaware
14. Eastern Washington
15. Nicholls
16. Southern Illinois
17. New Hampshire
18. Jacksonville State
19. The Citadel
20. Sam Houston
21. Elon
22. Monmouth
23. Wofford
24. Chattanooga
25. Southeastern Louisiana
Received votes: Alcorn State, UT Martin, SEMO, William & Mary

caribbeanhen
February 9th, 2021, 04:18 PM
not really too bad of a swag really on The Hero

SLA at #25 is low IMHO

Delaware # 13 probably too high

Professor
February 9th, 2021, 05:24 PM
Appreciate the love. Hope we get a chance to prove ourselves cause it's not looking good for the MEAC

caribbeanhen
February 9th, 2021, 05:29 PM
Appreciate the love. Hope we get a chance to prove ourselves cause it's not looking good for the MEAC

I hate to hear that, that’s too bad

5 team conference is just to thin

Professor
February 9th, 2021, 06:38 PM
I wish the conference would have just cancelled and we went indy or just played in the Big South

CenMEBlackBearFan
February 10th, 2021, 08:07 AM
I love where Maine is, not even on the radar, we do better when no one is expecting anything out of usxnodx

OhioHen
February 11th, 2021, 09:03 AM
Without many inter-conference games, Top 25 ratings will be less useful than usual.

FWIW - there are only seven non-conference games between two playoff eligible teams this spring. Six of those involve CAA teams (3 against PFL opponents) and the other is Gardner-Webb against Presbyterian.

There are four other games pitting playoff eligible teams against lower division opponents.

WestCoastAggie
February 11th, 2021, 03:31 PM
At least we got a top-10 ranking!

OhioHen
February 12th, 2021, 06:22 AM
At least we got a top-10 ranking!

Who knows? If teams above you lose a couple games early, the Aggies might move up a few spots!

caribbeanhen
February 15th, 2021, 12:15 PM
I love where Maine is, not even on the radar, we do better when no one is expecting anything out of usxnodx

was checking your roster this morning

saw your Rutgers running back transfer

And 4 Delaware high school kids on your roster

Your freshman Phenom running back from a few years ago that got in trouble ended up at Sam Houston State?

And some serious talent at the WR position has graduated ...thank goodness

I look for a really close game when you visit Newark in a few weeks, last minute stuff probably

CenMEBlackBearFan
February 15th, 2021, 02:57 PM
was checking your roster this morning

saw your Rutgers running back transfer

And 4 Delaware high school kids on your roster

Your freshman Phenom running back from a few years ago that got in trouble ended up at Sam Houston State?

And some serious talent at the WR position has graduated ...thank goodness

I look for a really close game when you visit Newark in a few weeks, last minute stuff probably

This spring is so bizarre and I think teams and coaches probably wish it was fall and didn't have this season to try to figure out. I saw Elijah Barnwell the Rutgers RB still listed on the roster, you know something we don't?

The big surprise in 2019 was the play of freshman QB Joe Fagano. He has enough weapons to make him effective again. Our two offseason loses were All American offensive lineman and a kicker, considering all the transfers I would say we faired well.

Right now our president has still not given her blessing on spring sports. Our AD says we can only put 15 players on a bus due to Covid regulations, not sure who is making these guidelines, but we have to send 7 frigging buses to Newark just to play the dam game, UGHxbowx

Lorne_Malvo
February 15th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Switch #9 and #4.

caribbeanhen
February 15th, 2021, 03:23 PM
This spring is so bizarre and I think teams and coaches probably wish it was fall and didn't have this season to try to figure out. I saw Elijah Barnwell the Rutgers RB still listed on the roster, you know something we don't?

The big surprise in 2019 was the play of freshman QB Joe Fagano. He has enough weapons to make him effective again. Our two offseason loses were All American offensive lineman and a kicker, considering all the transfers I would say we faired well.

Right now our president has still not given her blessing on spring sports. Our AD says we can only put 15 players on a bus due to Covid regulations, not sure who is making these guidelines, but we have to send 7 frigging buses to Newark just to play the dam game, UGHxbowx

On the Rutgers transfer RB, I definitely don’t know anything except that he was on the roster

Holy crap, seven buses to Newark? Good grief...Starting to wonder whether it’s going to happen or not

nodak651
February 20th, 2021, 04:32 PM
I think with wins vs Sam Houston and Montana State last year, and nearly beating Weber at Weber, and with what we have coming back, UND deserved to be ranked, at least over Sam Houston. Same Houston was ranked ahead of UND last year and the year before also, and we beat them both years. Last year we beat them with our third string backup true freshman QB, who will be the starter this year. If UND could play with top 5 teams last year (MSU/Weber), I guess I just don't understand why UND is being completely disregarded, especially when so many teams ranked ahead of us have had loads of departures. UND has only lost one guy to opt out/transfer, and he wasn't playing much.

Really looking forward to the first game vs Southern Illinois, as that game should tell us a lot, as both teams were on the playoff bubble last year. I don't think its wrong, but what is the justification for Southern Illinois number 16 ranking? They returning pretty much everyone or did they get some big time transfers?

Why was everyone so high on SIU?

POD Knows
February 20th, 2021, 05:51 PM
Why was everyone so high on SIU?I wasn't, I picked you guys in the game and didn't even use karma to take you down, SIU sucks, they will always suck, they showed their sucking level today.

Redbird 4th & short
February 21st, 2021, 09:36 AM
I wasn't, I picked you guys in the game and didn't even use karma to take you down, SIU sucks, they will always suck, they showed their sucking level today.
Now now ... SIU was very tough by end of last season. They should have had a playoff bid, and were definitely top 20 team. They certainly should have gotten a bid over the SEMO team we womped without a QB. And this spring will go down as an exhibition season .. too many variables to draw much in way of takeaways from however this season goes. Until next fall .. last fall and this spring will not tell us anything about any team.

That said, SIU obviously got their butts kicked yesterday. Maybe UND is pretty good this year ... looks like they hit the weight room even harder !!!

:D

Prime Power
February 22nd, 2021, 10:27 AM
Why was everyone so high on SIU?

Not sure why everyone was so high, they lost some good players. To be fair, the game was 16-14 at halftime and SIU's starting QB was injured, and they had 5 turnovers to boot. Without that happening, game was closer than it looks....with that being said UND should be a ranked team and now will be.

Sioux24/7
February 22nd, 2021, 10:40 AM
Not sure why everyone was so high, they lost some good players. To be fair, the game was 16-14 at halftime and SIU's starting QB was injured, and they had 5 turnovers to boot. Without that happening, game was closer than it looks....with that being said UND should be a ranked team and now will be.

First half was definitely a close game. I was nervous after that first drive SIU had it’s way with the defense just marching down the field and then UND had a 3 and out right away. Things picked up though for both units and it was a shellacking in the 2nd half. UND probably deserves to be ranked but this week will be the real test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk