PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2020 Title Contenders according to Hero Sports

Professor
January 4th, 2021, 08:51 AM
Interesting list but i still say until someone knocks off NDSU. They are the favorites

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-favorites-2021-spring-national-title-bzbz/

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2021, 09:45 AM
Assuming the spring season goes off as scheduled expect this to be the most volatile year in memory in terms of preseason expectations vs regular and post season results. Luck will play a bigger role than it ever has in terms of keeping players "healthy" enough to play and there's going to be some teams on the wrong side of that coin who get hosed by poor timing.

Should make for some interesting debates when it comes to rankings and playoff selections.... might be a lot of "yeah, they beat Team X but Team X was missing players Y and Z that game so you can't put much weight into that game". As big of a pain as that might be to sort out I'd welcome that kind of debate with open arms over the crickets we had this past fall.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 4th, 2021, 11:00 AM
At this point I hope the PL just focuses on a "normal" spring practice in preparation of a "normal" fall season. I just don't see the point of the spring season given the mess college bball is in heading into March.

It's my belief that schools like Lehigh, Colgate, HC with Chesney might come out of this in pretty good shape. $$$ and balanced leadership (by covid standards) should go a long way....

Grizalltheway
January 4th, 2021, 12:17 PM
At this point I hope the PL just focuses on a "normal" spring practice in preparation of a "normal" fall season. I just don't see the point of the spring season given the mess college bball is in heading into March.

It's my belief that schools like Lehigh, Colgate, HC with Chesney might come out of this in pretty good shape. $$$ and balanced leadership (by covid standards) should go a long way....
If a tree falls in a forest...sorry, couldn't resist.

walliver
January 6th, 2021, 02:01 PM
If played, this season could be interesting. A errant sneeze and NDSU could be out.