PDA

View Full Version : what a load of Horse@#$% 24/7 sports CAA rankings 2021

whoanellie
December 22nd, 2020, 11:51 AM
Q:Who does the FCS rankings for 24/7 sports?
A: No one! Who can We communicate with about updating our site?
Good grief, they still list Rich Shrosky as our Head Coach.
We had 12 signings Wednesday.
Someone just do their job.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=CAA

whoanellie
December 22nd, 2020, 12:01 PM
https://elonphoenix.com/news/2020/12/16/football-signs-12-during-early-signing-period.aspx

Mocs123
December 22nd, 2020, 12:02 PM
They don't care about FCS. We signed eight and don't show any and only one commit. When Will Healy was our recruiting coordinator he kept 247 sports up to date and lobbied for additional stars, etc and under him we had some of the highest ranked recruiting classes in the country. He moved on to APSU and Charlotte and our current staff doesn't seem to push such things and that's OK too. To be honest some of our best players have had no stars (and I know two who went to the NFL where we were their only offer).

lionsrking2
December 22nd, 2020, 01:09 PM
They don't care about FCS. We signed eight and don't show any and only one commit. When Will Healy was our recruiting coordinator he kept 247 sports up to date and lobbied for additional stars, etc and under him we had some of the highest ranked recruiting classes in the country. He moved on to APSU and Charlotte and our current staff doesn't seem to push such things and that's OK too. To be honest some of our best players have had no stars (and I know two who went to the NFL where we were their only offer).

If we sign a three star player, I get nervous. Of course there are exceptions, but true three star prospects rarely fall to FCS schools. The service rated three stars who do fall are typically kids who were spring/summer camp phenoms or picked up early offers based on selectively edited game tape. But those offers fall off the table as they're exposed during their senior seasons. Doesn't make them bad FCS prospects, just more than likely not instant impact players. Our best high school signs over the years had no stars and were underrecruited — many had zero offers other than Southeastern. Several have been walk-ons. In fact, we've had three NFL players since 2010 ... none of them were star rated by recruiting services and we were their only offer. One went in the 2nd round, one in the 6th and one was a free agent. The 2nd rounder was a Tom Brady-led-comeback away from being a Super Bowl MVP.

DFW HOYA
December 22nd, 2020, 06:48 PM

I think they are only counting players in their database. Lehigh had 11 signings and it only lists one.

WestCoastAggie
December 23rd, 2020, 06:33 AM
Q:Who does the FCS rankings for 24/7 sports?
A: No one! Who can We communicate with about updating our site?
Good grief, they still list Rich Shrosky as our Head Coach.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=CAA

Don’t let the Deion Sanders attention get to you.