PDA

View Full Version : Game thread: Central Arkansas at NDSU - Oct 3rd

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 27th, 2020, 10:07 AM
Might as well start this one now.

Looking forward to the lone Bison game this fall. Hopefully it is still a go this week. No shutdowns for either team.

I haven't dove into UCA much, just watched most of their game last night against Missouri State. QB is mobile when needed and could give the Bison defense trouble if the LBs are not gap sound. They also throw in some option which should keep the Bison on their toes or at least spend some time practicing to defend it. Bear's passing game was a little erratic but good enough to move the chains if the Bison are not ready to go. Bears had a big dude in the middle of the line, run stopper. #9 stood out on defense also. He is good.

Not much for Bison in the local media yet for starters and playing time. I'm assuming this week there will be more.

Probably the last time we see Trey Lance in a Bison uniform. Radunz (OT) will skip the spring season to get ready for the draft. Probably will see a lot of players in the game for this lone game.

RB depth is off the charts. LB depth is a work in progress. DL has a lot of young players and I bet most will get some snaps on saturday.

I'm just happy there is a game this fall. Wish there were 3 but I will not complain with 1.

Bison will do their thing. Run the ball and play action pass. Can UCA stop or slow down the run game? Will the Bison have rust? Probably. Might have a slow start with the 2nd half picking up offensively.

IMO, Bison pull away in the 2nd half.

Another note from last night' game between UCA and MSU. MSU looks better than last year. Their defense in Fargo was decent but they look better. Offense is better.

BEAR
September 27th, 2020, 11:04 AM
Bison have a practice game this week.

If you’ve watched any of our games and saw the talent on our team throwing their helmets on the sidelines then you’ll know the Bears are a mess.

I’ve watched this game too long to not know when the chemistry is not there.

It’s a shame.

Fire our OC now!

Laker
September 27th, 2020, 11:36 AM
The biggest question for me on Saturday will be that Central Arkansas will be playing their fourth game while this is the only contest for the Bison. I too wish that the Bison and the other MVC teams were playing more games (since MSU-Mankato isn't playing any and I could go watch).

bwbear
September 27th, 2020, 12:18 PM
As a Bear fan, I hate to say this, but....

NDSU, and it will not be close at any point.

TheKingpin28
September 27th, 2020, 12:43 PM
It's going to be good to see Laker and BFINWMN and any others I know. That much I know is guaranteed.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
September 27th, 2020, 01:16 PM
The biggest question for me on Saturday will be that Central Arkansas will be playing their fourth game while this is the only contest for the Bison. I too wish that the Bison and the other MVC teams were playing more games (since MSU-Mankato isn't playing any and I could go watch).

Are you going to the game? Ive got 2 tickets on the 50.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 27th, 2020, 05:12 PM
Bison have a practice game this week.

If you’ve watched any of our games and saw the talent on our team throwing their helmets on the sidelines then you’ll know the Bears are a mess.

I’ve watched this game too long to not know when the chemistry is not there.

It’s a shame.

Fire our OC now!

I saw part of when one player threw his helmet but had to leave for a bit. What was that about?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to the game? Ive got 2 tickets on the 50.

You missing the game PL?

BEAR
September 27th, 2020, 05:19 PM
I saw part of when one player threw his helmet but had to leave for a bit. What was that about?

- - - Updated - - -

You missing the game PL?

It’s about talent on our team being pushed aside for division II play calls. It’s the reason UCA has underachieved. If you get to watch the game you’ll see passes to the sideline when there are wide open receivers down the field, a qb having a bad game and not being sat down, and a stout defense being asked to do too much for too long.

Bisonoline
September 27th, 2020, 06:23 PM

- - - Updated - - -

You missing the game PL?

Yep. Wife is high risk. I can miss one game this year to see them all next year. So Ive got two tix on the 50 if anyone wants them.

Professor Chaos
September 28th, 2020, 12:05 PM
I have a feeling that this Bison team is going to be playoff level amped up in this game... they know this is the last time (and only time in an actual game) that this team will be together. Come the spring season they'll be missing some key pieces like Trey Lance and Dillon Radunz among others. This leads to a few concerns:
1) Will they be too amped up and sloppy since they haven't been under lights yet this year?
2) Will they adapt to the lack of crowd energy?
3) Will they play their game and resist the temptation to "showcase" Trey Lance (which was never what this game was intended for anyway)?

In any case this will be a big opportunity for players on both teams not named Lance/Radunz as there will be eyes from every NFL scouting department in the league on this game. I hear that UCA has a stud CB who will be an NFL player so it should be a good matchup between him and NDSU WR Christian Watson who may also be on an NFL trajectory (but he should be back in '21 since he's only a junior this year).

I'll be there as loud as I can be while masked and hopefully I'll see a well-played game on both sides.

BEAR
September 28th, 2020, 01:19 PM
I have a feeling that this Bison team is going to be playoff level amped up in this game... they know this is the last time (and only time in an actual game) that this team will be together. Come the spring season they'll be missing some key pieces like Trey Lance and Dillon Radunz among others. This leads to a few concerns:
1) Will they be too amped up and sloppy since they haven't been under lights yet this year?
2) Will they adapt to the lack of crowd energy?
3) Will they play their game and resist the temptation to "showcase" Trey Lance (which was never what this game was intended for anyway)?

In any case this will be a big opportunity for players on both teams not named Lance/Radunz as there will be eyes from every NFL scouting department in the league on this game. I hear that UCA has a stud CB who will be an NFL player so it should be a good matchup between him and NDSU WR Christian Watson who may also be on an NFL trajectory (but he should be back in '21 since he's only a junior this year).

I'll be there as loud as I can be while masked and hopefully I'll see a well-played game on both sides.

You don’t think randomly playing the one and only game in the fall isn’t to showcase Trey Lance? Or any other player? Interesting.

I think if you were to play 3 games or something like that I could see that but one...it’s for the players to show their talent to the scouts.

Professor Chaos
September 28th, 2020, 01:48 PM
You don’t think randomly playing the one and only game in the fall isn’t to showcase Trey Lance? Or any other player? Interesting.

I think if you were to play 3 games or something like that I could see that but one...it’s for the players to show their talent to the scouts.
It's so they could get 20 hours of practice time per week this fall instead of just 12. They wanted to play 3 games. According to one of NDSU's assistant ADs they contacted every D1 school (FBS and FCS) that was intending to play non-conference games trying to get something lined up. Apparently UCA was the only school that had acceptable terms for NDSU... what that means who knows; either NDSU's AD was too demanding given the circumstances everyone is playing under this year or most teams didn't want anything to do with having NDSU on their OOC schedule or some combination of that.

But this game is being played moreso for the benefit of the team this spring and onward than for the benefit of Trey Lance. The narrative that it was scheduled just to showcase Trey Lance was created by those misinformed of the situation.

Gil Dobie
September 28th, 2020, 02:56 PM
Bison give up a few points, but also score big against a good UCA team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2020, 03:06 PM
It's so they could get 20 hours of practice time per week this fall instead of just 12. They wanted to play 3 games. According to one of NDSU's assistant ADs they contacted every D1 school (FBS and FCS) that was intending to play non-conference games trying to get something lined up. Apparently UCA was the only school that had acceptable terms for NDSU... what that means who knows; either NDSU's AD was too demanding given the circumstances everyone is playing under this year or most teams didn't want anything to do with having NDSU on their OOC schedule or some combination of that.

But this game is being played moreso for the benefit of the team this spring and onward than for the benefit of Trey Lance. The narrative that it was scheduled just to showcase Trey Lance was created by those misinformed of the situation.

Your 2nd paragraph is spot on.

7 new defensive starters. This game will be great evaluation. I bet many guys will get snaps. I'd be really surprised if Trey runs much at all. Let the RBs shoulder the workload.

TheKingpin28
September 28th, 2020, 03:35 PM
The Zeb Noland Era will be upon us. With the rule that this won't affect eligibility, I could see Zeb coming back next year to maximize his showing and try and secure NFL looks. Even if he is a 5th year senior, he should be able to play next year. That said, the kid coming from Omaha is supposed to be the real deal next year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2020, 03:50 PM
The Zeb Noland Era will be upon us. With the rule that this won't affect eligibility, I could see Zeb coming back next year to maximize his showing and try and secure NFL looks. Even if he is a 5th year senior, he should be able to play next year. That said, the kid coming from Omaha is supposed to be the real deal next year.

If Zeb plays in the spring and next fall, he would get more starts then Wentz and Trey.

TheKingpin28
September 28th, 2020, 03:59 PM
If Zeb plays in the spring and next fall, he would get more starts then Wentz and Trey.

It would be ideal for him. Playing in potentially 27 games (12 spring + 15 fall) would do wonders for his potential draft stock. If I am Zeb, I'd be licking my chops that I transferred to a better football school and realistically/potentially get to start almost 2 full seasons of games and NFL scouts will be watching. There is no one who could currently supplant him for the spring season. If he plays as good as we know he can, he will have 2 years to show the NFL what he can do. The joys of being a Bison fan.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2020, 07:04 AM
It would be ideal for him. Playing in potentially 27 games (12 spring + 15 fall) would do wonders for his potential draft stock. If I am Zeb, I'd be licking my chops that I transferred to a better football school and realistically/potentially get to start almost 2 full seasons of games and NFL scouts will be watching. There is no one who could currently supplant him for the spring season. If he plays as good as we know he can, he will have 2 years to show the NFL what he can do. The joys of being a Bison fan.

Zeb looks to be a good passer. Let the RBs shoulder the running game and Zeb efficiently pass the ball.......Hello, title #9 for the Bison.....xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2020, 07:06 AM
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6681063-Bison-quarterback-Lance-has-Central-Arkansas-on-his-mind-not-NFL-decision

Great kid and great family.

Last time we see him playing for the Bison IMO.

Another article on TL: https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6681945-McFeely-Its-best-to-take-time-and-savor-Lance-in-a-Bison-uniform

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2020, 07:08 AM
NDSU -23

https://www.5dimes.eu/odds/search/North-Dakota/

TheKingpin28
September 29th, 2020, 10:47 AM
Zeb looks to be a good passer. Let the RBs shoulder the running game and Zeb efficiently pass the ball.......Hello, title #9 for the Bison.....xnodx

I can get behind this.

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2020, 04:33 PM
Annnnnnd no more fans allowed on Saturday:

https://twitter.com/NDSUathletics/status/1311056003291664395

Laker
September 29th, 2020, 04:49 PM

Well, crap.

Gil Dobie
September 29th, 2020, 05:03 PM
Got my email, offering refund options.

BEAR
September 29th, 2020, 05:11 PM

https://twitter.com/NDSUathletics/status/1311056003291664395

So players families only? No NFL scouts? Surprised this game will still happen now with family only restriction in place. If they let scouts in and I was a season ticket holder and financial supporter and was turned away I’d be pretty upset.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2020, 05:23 PM
What a joke. Sad

Gil Dobie
September 29th, 2020, 05:38 PM
At least it's better than cancelling the game.

Professor
September 29th, 2020, 05:41 PM

is NDSU still looking for games? I ask because schools are cancelling left and right and i would think NDSU could slide in

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2020, 06:44 PM
is NDSU still looking for games? I ask because schools are cancelling left and right and i would think NDSU could slide in

No. Only 1 was going to be played.

The way this is going and all the scare tactics, I doubt the spring games happen.

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2020, 08:32 PM
They claim they're "not actively looking for games" but that they would listen if someone reached out to them.

BEAR
September 29th, 2020, 09:03 PM
How bad is Covid up there that your admin would come to this kind of decision just days before the game? Well I bet most Bison fans think it’s a glorified scrimmage anyway and are probably predicting 50+ points anyway.

TheKingpin28
September 29th, 2020, 09:29 PM
So players families only? No NFL scouts? Surprised this game will still happen now with family only restriction in place. If they let scouts in and I was a season ticket holder and financial supporter and was turned away I’d be pretty upset.If they let media or scouts in, I'll be extremely pissed off. Absolute ****ing bull**** to say the least.

Lorne_Malvo
September 29th, 2020, 10:18 PM
If they let media or scouts in, I'll be extremely pissed off. Absolute ****ing bull**** to say the least.

Media and scouts will be allowed in.

BEAR
September 29th, 2020, 10:48 PM
Media and scouts will be allowed in.

Wow. Slap. Can’t say I’m surprised. Happens here all the time. Looks like NDSU just showed how they really value the Bison faithful.

TheKingpin28
September 29th, 2020, 10:52 PM
Media and scouts will be allowed in.As usual, rules for me and rules for thee. Do as I say, not as I do.

dewey
September 29th, 2020, 11:07 PM
At least it's better than cancelling the game.

Agreed.

Dewey

Lorne_Malvo
September 30th, 2020, 12:01 AM
Wow. Slap. Can’t say I’m surprised. Happens here all the time. Looks like NDSU just showed how they really value the Bison faithful.
Over 30 NFL scouts are going to be at the game, it would be stupid to keep them out.

Bisonoline
September 30th, 2020, 12:27 AM

Theres a big difference in letting in 30 NFL scouts or 8400 fans. There is also a huge difference between 30 NFL scouts and 30 regular fans.

No angst from me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2020, 05:50 AM
Agreed.

Dewey

Kind of like running your business at 25% and lose money but at least you are open, right?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2020, 05:51 AM
Theres a big difference in letting in 30 NFL scouts or 8400 fans. There is also a huge difference between 30 NFL scouts and 30 regular fans.

No angst from me.

Got a mini tailgate lined up at my house!

Hopefully the game makes it to Saturday.

Gil Dobie
September 30th, 2020, 06:21 AM
Going to be fun watching Lance, and seeing what the RB depth chart will be. How and if Cox can be replaced. Cox was so important on defense the last 4 years. Next man up, should be entertaining.

BEAR
September 30th, 2020, 07:04 AM
Today is Covid testing day for all the UCA players and support staff! Wish them luck!

NDB
September 30th, 2020, 02:30 PM
If Lance's first snap doesn't have him falling back 30 yards into the end zone and throwing a 80 yard touchdown pass I'm going to be very disappointed.

that guy
September 30th, 2020, 02:39 PM
If he throws a pick or two do you think he plays spring ball?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 30th, 2020, 05:45 PM

IMO, No. He's a top 10 pick, hard to turn down that money.

dewey
September 30th, 2020, 10:38 PM

You mean title #17 x406x

Dewey

dewey
September 30th, 2020, 10:39 PM

No angst from me.

Agreed. No angst from me either.

Dewey

Bisonoline
September 30th, 2020, 11:08 PM

NO

Gil Dobie
October 1st, 2020, 12:42 PM
Today is Covid testing day for all the UCA players and support staff! Wish them luck!

Any word on results today?

BEAR
October 1st, 2020, 01:19 PM
Any word on results today?

Not yet. I think it takes a day or two to come in so likely by Friday morning or at best Thursday night. I’ll be watching the social media closely though.

Gil Dobie
October 1st, 2020, 01:22 PM
Not yet. I think it takes a day or two to come in so likely by Friday morning or at best Thursday night. I’ll be watching the social media closely though.

Just curious, some places use the more expensive and maybe not so accurate, 1 day test.

BEAR
October 1st, 2020, 03:12 PM
Just curious, some places use the more expensive and maybe not so accurate, 1 day test.

Yeah. I know with the hospital one street over from the university that donated all the tests I can say it’s at least a two day result process. But we’ll know before the plane takes off.

Puddin Tane
October 1st, 2020, 04:59 PM
While the bison have spent covid months eating way too much knoephla and fleischkuekle, and washing it down with gallons of spotted cow ale....the arky boys have been hard at work.

UCA IN AN UPSET!

POD Knows
October 1st, 2020, 05:24 PM
While the bison have spent covid months eating way too much knoephla and fleischkuekle, and washing it down with gallons of spotted cow ale....the arky boys have been hard at work.

UCA IN AN UPSET!
This guy gets it. #BOOKIT

BEAR
October 1st, 2020, 07:19 PM

UCA IN AN UPSET!

Funniest post so far this year! xlolx

BEAR
October 1st, 2020, 07:33 PM
From the NDSU game notes:

Saturday’s game will conclude fall camp for North Dakota State.

So this “game” isn’t really a game after all? It’s a fall camp scrimmage game.

Wow. The Bison are still in fall camp and this will conclude it. Interesting fact. I thought it was a game that would count for or against a team. But it’s still part of the Bison fall camp activities.

bwbear
October 1st, 2020, 08:10 PM

UCA IN AN UPSET!

Did you watch our last game?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 2nd, 2020, 06:12 AM
This guy gets it. #BOOKIT

Agree. Bears by at least 4 TDs!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 2nd, 2020, 06:55 AM
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6686801-Central-Arkansas-head-coach-likens-Bison-quarterback-Lance-to-Texans-Deshaun-Watson

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6687536-Bison-must-confront-key-roster-changes-before-spring-season

BEAR
October 2nd, 2020, 08:13 AM
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6686801-Central-Arkansas-head-coach-likens-Bison-quarterback-Lance-to-Texans-Deshaun-Watson

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6687536-Bison-must-confront-key-roster-changes-before-spring-season

Journalism is so hard for the idiots who write these articles.

Brown and his Bears (1-2) face off against Lance and the Bison....

Really. Three games in and this “writer” can’t even look up UCAs record? I quit reading at that point. Stupidity and laziness at its finest.

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2020, 07:34 PM
Breylin stops passing with his left hand, and remembers Winningham is on his team.

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2020, 07:37 PM
Miracle on Ice, part II

Lorne_Malvo
October 2nd, 2020, 08:49 PM

UCA IN AN UPSET!

I have sure had my fair share of peach kuchen during covid. Having a GF with a German grandmother has its benefits.

BEAR
October 2nd, 2020, 09:56 PM
Breylin stops passing with his left hand, and remembers Winningham is on his team.

Or the players ignore the OC and actually play.

dewey
October 3rd, 2020, 12:02 AM
Woo hoooo!

Happy gameday!

Go Bison!

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201003/bb8cb79f679c4f201f4d3f0e9a3290a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

dewey
October 3rd, 2020, 08:24 AM
Fun fact of the day.

Longest all-time win streaks.
FBS
Oklahoma =47 (1953 to 1957)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_NCAA_Division_I_football_winning_streaks#: ~:text=In%20American%20college%20football%2C%20the ,games%20between%201953%20and%201957.

FCS
NDSU = 37 games (current 2017 to present)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_NCAA_Division_I_football_winning_streaks#: ~:text=In%20American%20college%20football%2C%20the ,games%20between%201953%20and%201957.

Diversion 2
Grand Valley State = 40 games (2005 to 2007)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Union_Purple_Raiders_football

Division 3
Mount Union = 55 (2000 to 2003)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Union_Purple_Raiders_football

NAIA
Texas A&I = 42 games (1973 to 1977)
Sioux Falls = 42 games (2008 to 2010) the streak ended with a loss in the National Championship game.
https://www.naia.org/sports/fball/2008-09/releases/20081006fvfuh

Sioux Falls (13-0) extended its nation-long winning streak to 42-straight games, which ties the NAIA all-time mark accomplished by Texas A&I from 1973-77.

NJCAA
DuPage = 36 (1993 to 1996)
https://www.njcaa.org/sports/fball/Record_Book/index

Dewey

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 10:13 AM
Since it is unlikely we will win here’s the short list of what I want to see:

Offense: Start scoring TDs early in any game! Why? See below. Sustained drives early. Bison fans don’t realize how long it’s been since we HAVEN’T been the comeback bears. Use our WRs. Too much talent being wasted. If Breylin is off for whatever reason, pull him. Quit calling D2 plays. Make adjustments early in the game.

Defense: Keep on! It’s typically our strength even later in the game. Yes you can and will score on us but it will be difficult throughout the game. But I want to see our offense actually boost our defense earlier in the game with some points.

Prediction:
Bison over Bears by at least 14.

UCA has played three games so far this year and haven’t shown me anything of consistency or strength. While I do want a victory I see this going like the UAB game...maybe worse.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 02:21 PM
Getting close, getting nauseous, not feeling good about this game, practicing is not the same as game day experience. Gonna come out flat, get down early, make a run but come up short, UCA 21 NDSU 17 #BOOKIT

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 02:31 PM
Game time.

If I see d2 play calling then I will be out early in this one guys. It just gets old after so long you know.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 02:37 PM
2 receivers in same area

- - - Updated - - -

Hudson 2 drops on first drive

centennial
October 3rd, 2020, 02:39 PM
Prediction UCA 35 NDSU 9
I just don't see how NDSU can win this game.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 02:40 PM
Bison wr wide open. Shocker

Defense fell down. Lance got that ball off a split second before he get smashed. xlolx

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 02:41 PM
Freaking christ Lance, put some air under it, nobody within 30 yards of the guy. Ugly start, no much pressure #BOOKIT

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 02:43 PM
UCA starts their second series. Let’s see what our pathetic OC calls now.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 02:45 PM
Are these ndsu announcers?

- - - Updated - - -

Great. We have receivers tripping over their own feet.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 02:49 PM
UCA causes Lance to fumble.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 02:49 PM
JFC, what a horrible start for Lance

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 02:51 PM
We’ll settle for field goal mist likely

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 02:52 PM
Shocker.

UCA 3
NDSU 0

8:26 left in 1st.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 02:53 PM
Of course we kick it out of bounds giving the bison the ball at the 35.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 02:56 PM
How the heck are they going to call that replay or not?

Not good angle on it either way

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:00 PM
Lance overthrows open receiver with no pressure

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:02 PM
Bears take over after punt to the 16.

Let’s see if our OC crumbles as usual

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 03:04 PM
Lance overthrows open receiver with no pressureThrow was high but Watson catches that 9 out of 10 times

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:05 PM
Why are we throwing 3 yard passes?

Daytripper
Just started watching about 15 minutes ago. Looks sloppy on both sides.

BEAR
Shank kick

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:07 PM
Bison turf tackling now

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 03:07 PM
What a ****ing clown show this is, JFC,

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:09 PM
Bison are getting great offensive plays but they are stumbling. Just a matter of time though

Daytripper
October 3rd, 2020, 03:12 PM
Three yard pass when you need four yards. Not the way Bison tackle.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:12 PM
I don’t know let’s run a drag route 2 yards short of the first down marker. Pathetic

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:14 PM
End of 1st

UCA 3
NDSU 0

TheKingpin28
October 3rd, 2020, 03:14 PM
NDSU is hot garbage.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 03:15 PM
This has the feel of an upset, virtually everything going UCA's way, lucky freaking bounces on punts, Bison guys tripping over invisible tacklers, no emotion, no crowd, Lance hasn't thrown a pass on target yet, no run game, nothing.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 03:16 PM
UCA is a pretty good FB team, this isn't some patsy rolling in here, Bison need to pull their heads out.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 03:18 PM
Lance is throwing the ball all over the place, WTF is going on.

TheKingpin28
October 3rd, 2020, 03:19 PM
Lance is doing himself no favors today. Maybe if they stopped getting ****ing cute every damn play and ran the A-Gap, they could move the ball.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:20 PM
UCA wide open receiver drops the ball

Bisonoline
October 3rd, 2020, 03:20 PM
UCA is a pretty good FB team, this isn't some patsy rolling in here, Bison need to pull their heads out.

They have played what? 3-4 games already. They better be looking smoother.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:23 PM
UCA playing vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

Smith should have run for that easy first down. But nope

- - - Updated - - -

UCA 6
NDSU 0

Field goal good.

11:53 left in second quarter

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:26 PM
Bison fans look bored. Like their waiting for the game to start. xlolx

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 03:27 PM
They have played what? 3-4 games already. They better be looking smoother.Yea, this is a trap game, game experience always trumps practice.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:28 PM
Uh. A commercial during a play?

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 03:30 PM
There is a lot of room on those sweeps to Watson

BEAR
We can’t lose Grant. Ugh

POD Knows
Uh. A commercial during a play?Yea, they do that up here, it is annoying as ****.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:31 PM
There is a lot of room on those sweeps to Watson

True.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:32 PM
Bison look like they are starting to roll.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:34 PM
These empty stadiums remind me of arena football. xlolx

Derby City Duke
October 3rd, 2020, 03:35 PM
Looking at targeting here?

POD Knows
Absolutely terrible call against UCA WTF

BEAR
Of course. Typical.

Daytripper
October 3rd, 2020, 03:36 PM
HORRIBLE CALL.

TheKingpin28
That was never targeting. If the refs missed and it's not egregious, it shouldn't be reviewed. Bull**** call against UCA

Bisonator
That's a bull**** call. This targeting thing should be ****ing **** canned!

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:37 PM
Grant down.
Godfrey out.

Bison TD

Daytripper
October 3rd, 2020, 03:37 PM
UCA needs more than field goals from here on out.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:38 PM
NDSU 7
UCA 6

9 minutes left in second quarter

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 03:38 PM
True.Watson can really ball, he is having a tough game today but he can play.

TheKingpin28
October 3rd, 2020, 03:40 PM
Another damn kick out of bounds

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:40 PM
I guess I should be happy we are within 1 point of the Bison. I mean bison fans predicted a blowout on bisonville.

But you Bison fans are seeing what frustrates us Bear fans so much.

Too bad I can’t watch the whole game.

centennial
October 3rd, 2020, 03:44 PM
I guess I should be happy we are within 1 point of the Bison. I mean bison fans predicted a blowout on bisonville.

It's the first game of the season for the Bison. I never expected any big scores.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:45 PM
Oh no. Come on Rochelle. We can’t lose you too

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 03:45 PM

Your dline is real good. Your offense should have took advantage of our rusty start.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:46 PM
Lance finally ran

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 03:50 PM
****ing goals, that is a negative 4 points.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:51 PM
Held to a field goal

NDSU 10
UCA 6

2:32 left in first half

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 03:57 PM
I gotta go at half.

Of course Breylin dives 2 yards short of a first down he could have gotten.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 04:00 PM
Lance absolutely sucked this half throwing the ball, maybe we will get him back in the spring. ****

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 04:01 PM
Lance isn't improving his stock any. Way off target and should have been a couple picks already.

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 04:01 PM
Of course we call a fair catch

Arkansas state?

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 04:04 PM
Gotta go.

I’ll join back later tonight.

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 04:05 PM
I expected a slow start but that was an ugly first half. Defense was good at least.

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 04:27 PM
Oh no the 2 point conversion up by 10........suppose we'll hear about that all winter. xlolx

Derby City Duke
October 3rd, 2020, 04:32 PM
That should break the Bison loose. Frisco flashback...Lance doing Lance.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 04:32 PM
Holy crap, what a terrible defensive response by NDSU

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 04:34 PM
Talbert's awful, big liability. xsmhx

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 04:37 PM
Christ, what is with Watson today,

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 04:40 PM
And Trey's first int........

grizband
October 3rd, 2020, 04:41 PM
After a long run, Lance throws his first career interception.

TheKingpin28
October 3rd, 2020, 04:41 PM
It was bound to happen eventually

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 04:43 PM
What the hell is this team we're watching? Coaches have a lot of work to do with this team before spring.

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 04:44 PM
Bears retake the lead. Our defense stayed in the locker room at halftime apparently.

grizband
October 3rd, 2020, 04:44 PM
UCA takes the lead, 20-18.

TheKingpin28
October 3rd, 2020, 04:45 PM
23 should play for the Vikings since he enjoys getting burnt.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 04:45 PM
**** this, I am out.

Derby City Duke
October 3rd, 2020, 04:49 PM
Dang. Since we have no actual football game, I stepped out to listen to an audio replay of our ‘17 q-final vs. Weber State. What the heck is going on with the Bison?

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2020, 04:55 PM
Southern Speed ;)

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 04:55 PM
Dang. Since we have no actual football game, I stepped out to listen to an audio replay of our ‘17 q-final vs. Weber State. What the heck is going on with the Bison?
We're hot garbage.

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 05:03 PM
UCA 20
NDSU 18
End of 3rd qtr

KPSUL
October 3rd, 2020, 05:08 PM
I've got to complement these two announcers, they are not total homers like most guys calling local FCS games.

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 05:12 PM
Bison retake the lead 25-20.

Derby City Duke
October 3rd, 2020, 05:16 PM
Nice catch in traffic.

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 05:18 PM
And TD UCA! Ugg our secondary looks lost.

- - - Updated - - -

The TD was definitely a nice throw and catch.

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 05:19 PM
They go for 2 and get it. 28-25 UCA leading with 10:35 to play.

Puddin Tane
October 3rd, 2020, 05:23 PM
Wish i could find this on free tv.

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 05:28 PM
Watson drops a bomb in the endzone.......xsmhx

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 05:30 PM
Bison TD!

Derby City Duke
October 3rd, 2020, 05:30 PM
Always the 2nd guy. Nice sell for the PF call.

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 05:31 PM
Back and forth game 32-28 now!

FUBeAR
October 3rd, 2020, 05:31 PM
Can’t beat yourself when you tryin to beat the bizuns. Refs always gonna flag the 2nd guy.

CappinHard
October 3rd, 2020, 05:35 PM
Refs to NDSU:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o85xwxr06YNoFdSbm/giphy.gif

Daytripper
October 3rd, 2020, 05:38 PM
UCA can't give up a TD here.

FormerPokeCenter
October 3rd, 2020, 05:43 PM
Great game UCA....you gave them hell. UCA's gassed and not making tackles at first contact....

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 05:43 PM
TD BISON!!!! There is the dagger.

Daytripper
October 3rd, 2020, 05:44 PM
Game over. Entertaining game....sort of.

Derby City Duke
October 3rd, 2020, 05:44 PM
Pretty decent game. Congratulations Bison.

Bisonator
October 3rd, 2020, 05:45 PM
Hats off to UCA for making the trip and playing a heck of a game!

Gil Dobie
October 3rd, 2020, 05:50 PM
Good game Bears.

TheKingpin28
October 3rd, 2020, 05:52 PM
Hats off to UCA. They played solid and have a great coach in Brown. Good game Bears!

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 06:10 PM
I didn’t get to watch the second half but it turned out close to what I expected.
Bison tough to beat even in an off year of football.

Still got to finish this tree work but congrats Bison. We started slow as usual and wore out at the end it appears.

Onto Arkansas State next week!

Drblankstare
October 3rd, 2020, 06:38 PM
Been awhile.... Firstly it was weird to watch that game game without any noise, but once the game got going, I noticed the silence less. It’s been a long haul for everyone these past few months and I’m very glad that the NDSU was able to get a game this fall, take your hats off for UCA for making the trip.

Very impressed with the UCA defense, good pressure on Lance and good coverage on the back end.

Trey didn’t have the best game ever, but you saw the traits that will make him a 1st round pick, he was pretty much the whole offense. NDSU very much looked like a team that was playing its 1st game of the year.

At the end of the day I’m just happy we were able to have this game played. I think Trey is gone and I cannot blame him or any other player who has a chance of getting drafted

Serpentor
October 3rd, 2020, 07:04 PM
Congratulations UCA. What's it like to go up to the Bisondome and still be in the game late in the 4th?

X-Factor
October 3rd, 2020, 07:17 PM
Nice game UCA. You guys came ready to play. Never backed down right down to the 4th quarter. Few teams do that in the Fargodome, even when they've recently been there before. Can't wait for the trip down to Conway. I might have to make it personally. Let's see us get through the next 6 months and maybe we can have our normal football back next fall!

BEAR
October 3rd, 2020, 07:39 PM
Congratulations UCA. What's it like to go up to the Bisondome and still be in the game late in the 4th?

When you can make the bison finally seal the win with 1:51 left in the game then you’ve done alright.

I don’t get the 2nd and 1 call to run it backwards 8 yards on our last drive. I’ll have to watch the replay on that critical play. xlolx But it sounds like the pathetic play calling by our OC again.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2020, 07:41 PM
When you can make the bison finally seal the win with 1:51 left in the game then you’ve done alright.

I don’t get the 2nd and 1 call to run it backwards 8 yards on our last drive. I’ll have to watch the replay on that critical play. xlolx But it sounds like the pathetic play calling by our OC again.That was a very odd play as was the QB run on 3rd and long.

Gil Dobie
October 3rd, 2020, 09:52 PM
I like the hands of Braylon Henderson. Appears to be a goto receiver when you need a catch. Seth Wilson still has the moves after his ACL recovery. Defense, needs seasoning.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2020, 07:35 AM
Odd to watch this home game on TV but at least there was a game.

You could easily tell it was the Bison's 1st game and UCA's 4th, esp on defense. UCA's defense was fast and ready to go.

Trey was very pedestrian until the coaches turned him loose. He is headed for the draft IMO. The spring games will be interesting with Zeb as the QB. Not the mobile type QB but he can throw the ball. Passing game should be fine. Let the RBs shoulder the load in the running game. Luepke (FB) is a total stud. 250 and can run/catch the ball. Kid is going to be a weapon.

Defense had a couple of secondary breakdowns but overall I thought they played well. Having Waege (DE) back in the spring will really help the pass rush.

Overall, for a one and done game this fall, the Bison looked decent.

Redbird 4th & short
October 4th, 2020, 09:48 AM
So I didn't see game or even stats .. but since #1 beat #2, I assume this is our FCS Natty and season is over .. right ???

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2020, 10:05 AM
What will suck is that UCA is probably one of the top 10 teams in the country and they will be left out of the playoffs. No conference autobid for them.

Or will they be in consideration next spring as an at large? Someone know?

POD Knows
October 4th, 2020, 10:20 AM
I didn’t get to watch the second half but it turned out close to what I expected.
Bison tough to beat even in an off year of football.

Still got to finish this tree work but congrats Bison. We started slow as usual and wore out at the end it appears.

Onto Arkansas State next week!Beat their asses, your team should have quite a bit of confidence going in there hopefully. Smith played really yesterday I thought, looked like a different QB, pretty poised and confident, he was the better QB on the field that day. You D line is also very good, NDSU did almost nothing between the tackles.

Redbird 4th & short
October 4th, 2020, 10:55 AM
What will suck is that UCA is probably one of the top 10 teams in the country and they will be left out of the playoffs. No conference autobid for them.

Or will they be in consideration next spring as an at large? Someone know?

I don't know about top 10 for UCA .. they really struggled against MoST last week, UCA's 3rd game of season. Not saying comparative scores or single games apply like they would in normal season. But UCA got just 10 first downs and 177 total yards playing at home. They won, but statistically got outplayed at line of scrimmage .. 20 to 10 first downs and 291 to 177 in total yards. MoST was leading 20-7 late in Q3 and need 3 straight opportunistic scores end of Q3 into Q4 to win that game. First of which was short field starting on MoST 34 after they punted from their end zone. The next 2 of which were fumble return for TD from MoST's own 45, and then a 57 yard punt return for TD on next series .. and that was the game.

Maybe MoST is tougher this year, who knows. But again, single games in a season like this, are less significant than a normal season.

BEAR
October 4th, 2020, 01:30 PM
I don't know about top 10 for UCA .. they really struggled against MoST last week, UCA's 3rd game of season. Not saying comparative scores or single games apply like they would in normal season. But UCA got just 10 first downs and 177 total yards playing at home. They won, but statistically got outplayed at line of scrimmage .. 20 to 10 first downs and 291 to 177 in total yards. MoST was leading 20-7 late in Q3 and need 3 straight opportunistic scores end of Q3 into Q4 to win that game. First of which was short field starting on MoST 34 after they punted from their end zone. The next 2 of which were fumble return for TD from MoST's own 45, and then a 57 yard punt return for TD on next series .. and that was the game.

Maybe MoST is tougher this year, who knows. But again, single games in a season like this, are less significant than a normal season.

Yeah it’s hard to get a good perspective on a team when they play like UCA has in the first half of most of their games. Even yesterday against NDSU they had opportunities with short fields and momentum and settled for field goals. All last year they won several games in comeback fashion too.

I can’t crown the Bison champions with just one win but I can’t dismiss that UCA doesn’t have a pretty good team either because they typically start slow.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2020, 02:07 PM

Comparing MSU last year in the dome and watching UCA and them, they are much improved under Petrino.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2020, 02:12 PM
Yeah it’s hard to get a good perspective on a team when they play like UCA has in the first half of most of their games. Even yesterday against NDSU they had opportunities with short fields and momentum and settled for field goals. All last year they won several games in comeback fashion too.

I can’t crown the Bison champions with just one win but I can’t dismiss that UCA doesn’t have a pretty good team either because they typically start slow.

My guess is that Lance is gone for spring ball. The backup is a very capable thrower that transferred in from Iowa State. He has indicated that he is coming back for spring ball and next year with the NCAA granting another year of eligibility. He is not as athletic as Trey so the QB run game will not be as potent or nonexistent. Bison have a room full of capable RBS....use them. Bison should be right there at the end of the spring season to make a playoff run....unless they lose a couple of games.

Bisonoline
October 4th, 2020, 05:55 PM
My guess is that Lance is gone for spring ball. The backup is a very capable thrower that transferred in from Iowa State. He has indicated that he is coming back for spring ball and next year with the NCAA granting another year of eligibility. He is not as athletic as Trey so the QB run game will not be as potent or nonexistent. Bison have a room full of capable RBS....use them. Bison should be right there at the end of the spring season to make a playoff run....unless they lose a couple of games.

He doesnt have the feet but he can wing it.

FUBeAR
October 4th, 2020, 06:18 PM

Or will they be in consideration next spring as an at large? Someone know?yes - fall games will be considered by the playoff committee in determining the 5 At-Large Playoffs bids extended this coming Spring.

caribbeanhen
August 28th, 2021, 12:01 PM

Central Arky is the sleeper

watch out!

Just watching this game now

Professor Chaos
August 28th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Central Arky is the sleeper

watch out!

Just watching this game now
And how glad are you that Trey Lance spared the FCS from 3 more years of dealing with him? ;)

caribbeanhen
August 28th, 2021, 02:01 PM
And how glad are you that Trey Lance spared the FCS from 3 more years of dealing with him? ;)

it does kind of level the playing field

BEAR
August 28th, 2021, 03:35 PM
Holy flashback Batman! 😂

caribbeanhen
August 28th, 2021, 03:44 PM
Holy flashback Batman! 

I also checked out a little bit of your Austin Peay game and your Arkansas State game

Arky St 50 points. Cripes, Maybe I will not be taking you to upset them

BEAR
August 28th, 2021, 05:48 PM
I also checked out a little bit of your Austin Peay game and your Arkansas State game

Arky St 50 points. Cripes, Maybe I will not be taking you to upset them

With them it’s either an easy win for them or they are waaay down. This year Arky lite is going to be good. Same results as last year I’m afraid to say. Look at their transfers. Yikes.