PDA

View Full Version : FCS QB's to make NFLE History?

flea
June 15th, 2007, 12:37 AM
http://www.nfleurope.com/news/story/10225473

Year of the quarterback

June 14, 2007

During the previous 14 NFL Europa seasons, there have been a total of six players who ended the year with a passer rating of 100 points or more.

J.T. O'Sullivan tops the NFLE passer rankings (City-Press).
Proving that this is the year of the quarterback, the 2007 campaign could end this weekend with three men having broken through that 100 rating points barrier.

With a strong finish in Week 10, Frankfurt's J.T. O'Sullivan (Chicago Bears), Cologne's Erik Meyer and Hamburg's Casey Bramlet (Washington Redskins) could make league history by becoming the first trio of quarterbacks to end a season with a rating of 100 or more.

The previous best of two quarterbacks with 100-plus ratings in the same year was set in 2000 when Scotland's Kevin Daft and Rhein's Danny Wuerffel posted marks of 107.3 and 107.2. That pair went on to meet in the World Bowl, as will two of the three leading quarterbacks this season.

Speaking about the impact Bramlet has had on his team in 2007, Sea Devils head coach Vince Martino says: "Last year's group was good but obviously our play at quarterback is that much better with Casey Bramlet at the helm. We're very happy with his play and he does a great job of managing our offense."

Rating of NFL Europa's three leading quarterbacks headed into Week 10
Player/Team Yards TDs Rating
J. O'Sullivan (Fra) 1,997 15 103.1
E. Meyer (Col) 1,384 12 100.6
C. Bramlet (Ham) 1,810 15 100.0

Galaxy head coach Mike Jones adds: "J.T. O'Sullivan has been red hot for us and is a big reason for our success this season.

The other quarterbacks to post ratings of 100 or more in NFL Europa history are David Archer (107.0, Sacramento 1992), Jim Arellanes (104.9, Rhein 1999), Rohan Davey (105.6, Berlin 2004) and Gibran Hamdan (113.4, Amsterdam 2006).

lucchesicourt
June 18th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Actually, JT O'Sullivan and Kevin Daft were non schollie D2 players from UCD, not FCS. UCD has only been FCS (1AA) for 4 years. This will be our 5th.
This just to keep the record officially straight.

laxVik
June 18th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Whatever happened to Daft? I lost track after he was with the Titans.

flea
June 18th, 2007, 01:21 PM
whoops sorry

already123
July 5th, 2007, 05:24 PM
good luck to them....Meyer is still the best QB I've seen (personally) come out of the BSC....I'd love to see him do big things out there!

Russ B
July 6th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Whatever happened to Daft? I lost track after he was with the Titans.

He ended in the Arena League for a short time and is now the QBs coach at Cal.

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/daft_kevin00.html

Stang Fever
July 9th, 2007, 09:58 AM
good luck to them....Meyer is still the best QB I've seen (personally) come out of the BSC....I'd love to see him do big things out there!

I agree, I played against JT and Meyer, and Meyer to me was the best QB I ever played against, HANDS DOWN

AggieFinn
July 9th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Under the agreement that if the Bears coaches didn't think he had a legitimate shot at making the roster for 2007, J.T. is now Detroit bound. He has a great opportunity here to fill in as the no. 2 or no. 3 behind Kitna for the Lions.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2930814

http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/74537930.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1933D389E1A66A48986F0EFACBC8763FE63 581AC9292CCDCDA6

already123
July 10th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I agree, I played against JT and Meyer, and Meyer to me was the best QB I ever played against, HANDS DOWN

couldn't agree more!

PDXCat
July 10th, 2007, 10:54 AM

The problem with Meyer is that his workouts are not very impressive. His footwork and ball delivery is not very good and he is very poor in the classroom setting. He thrives in an open environment that allows him to "freewheel" and make things happen. He drives qb coaches and oc's crazy with his undisciplined approach to drops, footwork, and delivery. Thats why he was an unallocated qb going in to NFLE, no NFL team had signed him to a contract. Thats why the NFL brass like JT over Meyer - notice how quickly JT got picked up by Detroit after the Bears let him go and have even said he has a shot at the number 2 spot. Meyer's now with Seattle only because Lulay is injured and if they wanted to use the NFLE roster exemption, they had to pick an unallocated NFLE player, for quarterbacks that left Meyer and Cody Pickett as the only 2 FA's that really were a choice. All that said, one cannot discount his game production, he is the consumate gamer. If he can find a coach that would allow him the freedom, who knows? But I doubt Holmgren is the guy. As for the stint with Cologne, they were productive because they had a very powerful run game and a coach who understood how to use Meyer's skill set, namely play action and rollout stuff. The games I saw he had receivers running around all over not covered.

AggieFinn
July 10th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Erik Meyer signs with Seattle, will battle for No. 3 spot at QB.

"Meyer a Seahawk
Former Eastern Washington quarterback Erik Meyer has replaced one-time rival Travis Lulay on the Seattle Seahawks roster.

No details have been released but Meyer is now listed on Seattle's roster and Lulay is gone.

Lulay was a training camp player for the Seahawks last summer while Meyer was in Cincinnati. Lulay made it to the end, Meyer was cut midway through camp. Both just finished in NFL Europa with Meyer have a much more successful season. (as successful as J.T.?)

Too bad the Seahawks won't be in Cheney at the end of the month."

That's kind of cool he gets to replace Lulay.

http://eaglewire.blogspot.com/2007/07/meyer-seahawk.html

PDXCat
July 10th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Erik Meyer signs with Seattle, will battle for No. 3 spot at QB.

"Meyer a Seahawk
Former Eastern Washington quarterback Erik Meyer has replaced one-time rival Travis Lulay on the Seattle Seahawks roster.

No details have been released but Meyer is now listed on Seattle's roster and Lulay is gone.

Lulay was a training camp player for the Seahawks last summer while Meyer was in Cincinnati. Lulay made it to the end, Meyer was cut midway through camp. Both just finished in NFL Europa with Meyer have a much more successful season. (as successful as J.T.?)

Too bad the Seahawks won't be in Cheney at the end of the month."

That's kind of cool he gets to replace Lulay.

http://eaglewire.blogspot.com/2007/07/meyer-seahawk.html

The only reason Meyer is going to Seattle is because Lulay is hurt, he was put on the NFLE injury list a couple of weeks ago and will be in Birmingham until he gets healed, which sounds like could be a while. Seattle has always had 5 qb's in camp. In order to not lose an NFLE roster exemption, Seattle decided to pick an unallocated qb (not signed by an NFL team) from NFLE. That left them realistically with Cody Pickett or Meyer. Meyer, as we all know is quite a gamer but apparently he is not very impressive in camps. His footwork and delivery are not very consistent. He'd work best with a coach that let him freelance, my guess is that Holmgren isn't that guy. He's a huge stickler for detail. Also, the third stinger they have, David Greene, while not very impressive to this point, was a third round pick of Seattle's from 2 years ago, Tim Ruskell likes the guy.

already123
July 10th, 2007, 04:29 PM
The only reason Meyer is going to Seattle is because Lulay is hurt, he was put on the NFLE injury list a couple of weeks ago and will be in Birmingham until he gets healed, which sounds like could be a while. Seattle has always had 5 qb's in camp. In order to not lose an NFLE roster exemption, Seattle decided to pick an unallocated qb (not signed by an NFL team) from NFLE. That left them realistically with Cody Pickett or Meyer. Meyer, as we all know is quite a gamer but apparently he is not very impressive in camps. His footwork and delivery are not very consistent. He'd work best with a coach that let him freelance, my guess is that Holmgren isn't that guy. He's a huge stickler for detail. Also, the third stinger they have, David Greene, while not very impressive to this point, was a third round pick of Seattle's from 2 years ago, Tim Ruskell likes the guy.

Great info.

All Meyer needs is a shot...I'm sure he will mesh well with that system that Holmgren has in place. It reminds me of what Meyer did his senior year at EWU.

David Greene is overrated! (Just thought I'd throw that out there...)xthumbsupx

AggieFinn
July 31st, 2007, 06:19 PM
From Detroit: J.T. (#14) seems to be catching on quickly and Marinelli likes what he's seeing so far.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070730/SPORTS0101/707300324/1126/rss14 (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070730/SPORTS0101/707300324/1126/rss14)

http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C3&Date=20070730&Category=SPORTS0101&ArtNo=707300324&Ref=V2&Profile=1126Q=100&MaxW=500

melloAggiesousa
July 31st, 2007, 06:35 PM
Hmph. I've seen both J.T. and Jon play in college, and far and away J.T. was the better player.

Of course, that could be because our football teams were (almost) always vastly superior to Central Washington's.