PDA

View Full Version : Richmond: Dear Richmond - By Lexie Gilbert

News from the FCS
March 26th, 2020, 08:50 AM
https://richmondspiders.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_prefix=rp_primary&image_path=/images/2020/3/26/Gilbert_a101_2.JPG

Dear Richmond, When I committed to swim for you, I never had an ounce of doubt. I knew Richmond was where I belonged. As a high school senior, I dreamed of the friends I would meet, professors I would get to learn from, coaches I would get to work with, and experiences I would get to live. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that all of those dreams and more would come true. For the past four years I have had the opportunity to meet, work alongside with, and cheer on some of the most genuine, smart, and incredibly talented student-athletes. These individuals have left me inspired, motivated, and humbled. Whether it's my teammates alongside me in the pool, or cheering on other sports, I am constantly inspired by the dedication and grit Richmond Spiders practice on a daily basis. I have loved getting to watch my fellow student-athletes play the sports they love. I have gotten to celebrate the wins and ache the losses of my own team and the other sports. For the past four years I have had the opportunity to meet so many incredible leaders and mentors. Individuals that have guided me throughout my years of school and will continue to guide me in the years to come. The coaches, support staff, academic advisors, and leadership mentors have all made a significant impact on me. They have taught me lessons that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. And lastly, Richmond, you have brought endless opportunity into my life. You have provided countless opportunities to learn, to make mistakes, and to grow. You have allowed me to travel the country, compete Division I in the sport I love so much, expand my critical thinking, earn leadership roles, and be a more confident version of myself. Thank you is not merely enough for all that you have done for me. You will forever be a place I hold close to my heart. I am so thankful for you, the people, and the memories that I get to take away from here. Thank you Richmond. With love, Lexie GilbertSwim & Dive '20

More... (https://richmondspiders.com/news/2020/3/26/womens-swimming-diving-dear-richmond-by-lexie-gilbert.aspx)